Author Topic: TAR 22 Ep 7 "Be Safe and Don't Hit a Cow"  (Read 71366 times)

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
Re: TAR 22 Ep 7 "Be Safe and Don't Hit a Cow"
« Reply #150 on: March 30, 2013, 11:06:12 AM »
Chuck is wearing a very dark green t-shirt.

Matthew 7:15

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #151 on: March 30, 2013, 11:55:03 AM »
Doesn't look like him .. I think we're just overlooking things now :lol:

Really? I thought it looked JUST like him! Sitting in the front of the boat.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #152 on: March 30, 2013, 11:58:34 AM »
Yeah, I was thinking it was him too. It looks pretty close to me.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #153 on: March 30, 2013, 12:02:31 PM »
Thanks Alena! That is a huge help. WHat towns are on the OTHER side of Maun??I agree>> PITSTAY (my new term--like it?? :lol:) to first RI on the "other" side of Maun...

Speedbump

Then RB/goats on the river

Then Detours

But am wondering why ANYONE would choose a donkey task unless they had to? Donkey are risky... :ascared

Could this be a no detour leg? ???

Anyway, donkey seems to be just before PHIL...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #154 on: March 30, 2013, 12:05:19 PM »
Max has a detour clue in his back pocket so it's entirely possible that the donkeys could be a DT option

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #155 on: March 30, 2013, 12:07:36 PM »
Max has a detour clue in his back pocket so it's entirely possible that the donkeys could be a DT option

I think we can say a YELLOW clue which could be an envelope...I never saw a Detour on it.

Just throwing it out there, if donkeys were the BEST option the other must really have been bad!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #156 on: March 30, 2013, 12:15:50 PM »
I'm just thinking that the Donkeys are an Active Route info. Any racer who has seen season 12 (or other seasons) knows that animals, especially donkeys are risky.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #157 on: March 30, 2013, 12:29:33 PM »
I'm just thinking that the Donkeys are an Active Route info. Any racer who has seen season 12 (or other seasons) knows that animals, especially donkeys are risky.

In the same line of thought, in TAR12 the donkeys were the Active Route info after the RB and before go checking at the PS.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #158 on: March 30, 2013, 12:42:17 PM »
In the clue: ... then find your next clue at the A Polling Station B.
And work B is shorter than word A, B ends with an 'a'.

MrDeerShank

« Reply #159 on: March 30, 2013, 02:30:15 PM »

I think we can say a YELLOW clue which could be an envelope...I never saw a Detour on it.

Just throwing it out there, if donkeys were the BEST option the other must really have been bad!!

You can see the black outline found on a Detour clue in Cap 34 of Alen's caps :)

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #160 on: March 30, 2013, 02:53:58 PM »
In the clue: ... then find your next clue at the A Polling Station B.
And work B is shorter than word A, B ends with an 'a'.

Looks like this to me

"then find your next clue at the ________ Polling Station in ________a."

I can't see the "a" from the clue....but I will take your word for it.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #161 on: March 30, 2013, 02:59:43 PM »
That link to the polling stations could help, try Maun East. Sorry I can't get a clearer cap, I have looked frame by frame on the HD version. :(
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #162 on: March 30, 2013, 04:24:38 PM »
Well, I started on another tack. I started working my backwards from the photos of the RB in the papyrus reeds. The reeds grow in pretty still water.....in the delta setting more than the river system. There is one very large Okavango Delta distributary channel just to the west of Maun. The clue says to "drive through Maun, to the polling station. So maybe the polling station is in Maun West and then they go a little farther to the RB. It appears to me that it is a pretty long distance if they go to a polling station in Maun East and then to some papyrus areas in the north and east of Maun. Just speculation on my part. Another reason for this train of thought, is that teams have such a long drive from the Pit Start/Pit Stay to get to Maun. Also, this particular distributary channel actually empties into the river system right across the river from where the donkey tasks take place.....so they could transport them there by boat if they wanted too. Sort of fits in with the press photo of Chuck/Wynona in the high speed boat.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #163 on: March 30, 2013, 05:16:23 PM »

In the same line of thought, in TAR12 the donkeys were the Active Route info after the RB and before go checking at the PS.

I just had an epiphany! Is this it?! :o

In addition, Keoghan reveals, "We have a switchback coming that's a classic Amazing Race moment that we're going to repeat. We know from past experience that this is going to tweak them."

Source: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/amazing-race-season-22-preview-421778
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #164 on: March 30, 2013, 05:23:53 PM »
spoiler bars solely to protect Hooky! --peach

Show content
The Switchback for this season is the TAR 8 suitcase challenge "The sea is green, the sky is blue" (or the other way around :lol: )

Soo.. yeah
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 08:33:07 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #165 on: March 30, 2013, 08:16:50 PM »
The name of the Polling Station is Mokoro   :lol3:

Remember this:

"they had to find the Mokoro Station"

in

OK, I did some more digging and found a few Facebook sightings from Maun, Botswana. I'm convinced now that some version of TAR was there for the last few days. I'm also thinking it's very likely that it's TAR 22 and not TAR Norway, but no one has quite spelled it out. I'm thinking that it would have been mentioned if they were speaking Norwegian and I'm guessing the Norwegian version doesn't have the budget for the Hummer mentioned below.

TAR Witness
Wow, Bots recognized, a certain reality TV show is been shot right in front of me at Maun International Airport and Mack Air Offices. I'm wondering where are these guys going from here. They are couples traveling together with each couple followed by 2 Camera crews. Somebody remind me of the name, Please <Friend 2>, you know it and watch it
Sunday at 4:08am

Friend 2 
Oh okay,the amazing race
Sunday at 11:52pm via mobile

TAR Witness
yeah Dear. they are racing in Maun.
Monday at 12:33am via mobile

The same person posted yesterday

TAR Witness
Monday at 10:55pm ·

and the race continues, Amazing race or the travel show as they told. Met one couple today as i was walking down the dirty road and they had to find the Mokoro Station. Poor people, always with camera crew. Jus gave them direction to the Mokoro Station and they refused to tell me the name of the show. Good luck Guys

I checked out Mokoro Station and it seems to be the starting point for dugout canoe tours of the shallow waterways of the Okavango River Delta. Here's a couple of links to pictures of Mokoro canoes. The second was taken earlier today, but doesn't appear to be TAR related.

https://twitter.com/worldamazingpic/status/272716801232740352/photo/1
http://www.flickr.com/photos/31893776@N02/8225737057/

From reading a couple of blogs, they may see herds of elephants, hippoes, giraffe, zebras, kudus, antelopes, and buffaloes. Should be very scenic.

Also, in a moment of extreme synchronicity, Google maps announced a few hours ago that street level mapping of Botswana is now on line, including the Okavango River Delta where TAR 22 was seen.

http://google-africa.blogspot.com/2012/11/street-view-on-google-maps-now-live-in.html

Now we just need the last name on the clue, where the polling station is?
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #166 on: March 30, 2013, 08:31:00 PM »
I don't think so?

There is NO Mokoro on the polling stations list http://www.docstoc.com/docs/22202326/[RPT300]--Polling-Stations-List , and we already know that THIS is what the locals refer to as Mokoro Station.

Plus I have worked that Wynona cap every which way and I can't get it clear enough to read...
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 08:36:14 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #167 on: March 30, 2013, 08:38:55 PM »
In fact, Mokoro is the name of the canoes teams are using to cross the river.

mokoro: a type of dug-out canoe commonly used in the Okavango Delta.

http://www.botswana-travel.org/transport/mokoro.html
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #168 on: March 30, 2013, 08:49:50 PM »
The list is old:  2009 General Elections

If you look at what they use as Polling Stations you see things like 'tent' or 'cattle crush'

They just use places that locals will know how to find it.

References to Mokoros and Polling Station do turn up searches:   "After this stop, we will travel back in our mokoros to the Polling station."

Mokoro is the 'name' of this Polling Station.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #169 on: March 30, 2013, 09:07:39 PM »
Hmmm, maybe we are ALL right? I cannot make out the word "mokoro" but....

Perhaps "polling" station is NOT a voting station, but a river "poling" station??

Day 4 Okavango Delta

An early departure from Maun, with a vehicle of the camp, we proceed on to the Poling station. A poling station is the place where the dug-out canoes, better known as mokoros, are kept.

From here we will be travelling on the Delta waterways by means of mokoro. The propulsion is in the form of a man standing at the back of the mokoro and using a long pole to propel the mokoro forward. This person is called a ‘poller’ (African Gondolier). The tranquillity that one experiences while gliding through these waterways was previously described by clients as the African Venice!! Upon arrival on one of the Islands in the Delta, we will do a game walk on the Island with an experienced African Guide who will share his knowledge and expertise on this specific area.

Having returned to our mokoros after the game walk, we will have a well deserved lunch and enjoy a bit of rest. After this stop, we will travel back in our mokoros to the Polling station. From there we will travel with the vehicle of the camp, back to our camp in Maun.

http://www.allroundsafaris.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=24&Itemid=24
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline florida

• RFF Jr. Member

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #171 on: April 01, 2013, 06:37:09 AM »
Best guess on location of Boro Village...

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #172 on: April 01, 2013, 08:52:50 AM »
I dont remember any previous race where the first plane teams have been so decimated like this season.

Racing report
Amazing Race Season 22, Episode 1, "Business in the front, party in the back"

The first flight combination to Bora Bora was probably
 TN101 LAX-PPT 23:54-06:02+1
 VT402 PPT-BOB 09:00-09:50
This carries:
 Chuck & Wynona
 Pam & Winnie
 Idries & Jamil
 Dave & Connor
 Jessica & John

The second flight was probably:
 AF076 LAX-PPT 02:01-06:56
 VT452 PPT-BOB 10:00-10:50
This carries:
 Max & Katie
 Bates & Anthony
 Matt & Daniel
 Caroline & Jennifer
 Joey & Meghan
 Mona & Beth

Just seems strange/odd to me. Just goes along with all the other odd stuff in this version of TAR.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #173 on: April 01, 2013, 10:38:47 AM »
It just shows that ability to reach LAX in the first group with no task involved other than good navigation does not correlate with ability to last in the race. I doubt that chuck/Wynona are going to last much longer in AR22. I expected them to be eliminated long before the current leg and they have not.

I see the issue as World Race Productions not having a first task near the AR22 start line to "separate the wheat from the chaff" as Phil has said earlier. If they had, probably the composition of the first flight would have been closer to the teams now remaining.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #174 on: April 01, 2013, 11:38:35 PM »
I see the issue as World Race Productions not having a first task near the AR22 start line to "separate the wheat from the chaff" as Phil has said earlier. If they had, probably the composition of the first flight would have been closer to the teams now remaining.
I disagree. The way I see it, most of the teams eliminated so far weren't inept continuously, they were pretty competitive people who ran into just one inconvenience that sealed their fate:
* The twins are done by facing the one challenge they were not ready to deal with
* Jessica & John were done for their bad luck and lack of judgment, after they had been racing consistently well
* Dave & Connor were leading the pack in spite of their injury and only had to withdraw out of medical concern
* Pam & Winnie were also leading in later legs but were done by what could only be considered a "brain fart"

I believe these four teams wold have had a chance at the million had they not tripped.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move