Author Topic: TAR 22 Ep 3 "Like James Bond Again"  (Read 42760 times)

Offline CeCeKline

• RFF Newbie
Re: TAR 22 Ep 3 "Like James Bond Again"
« Reply #75 on: March 01, 2013, 10:24:32 PM »
The title quote is from Max or Katie. Don't even think on argue about this.

Remember last episode, Caroline and Jennifer performed the Take a Trunk Detour they said they "feel like James Bond"?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #76 on: March 02, 2013, 08:41:16 AM »

I'm still wondering about the idea that the TBC was unplanned, and a result of the long delay getting into New Zealand pushing the racers' arrival into the evening. We'll see how the overnight stay is managed (like if they used props or just an ad-hoc sign-up sheet or nothing at all) to decide!

And so far we have not the first screencap of Christchurch, and we do know that that was planned. One of Phil's' big goals ince the earthquake has been to show the world that NZ and especially Christchurch is ready for visitors, they will not exclude Christchurch footage IMO.

But perhaps it comes next week?? :duno:

Let's talk about the challenges. What is this Shemozzle in your home country of New Zealand?
Keoghan: It's a shepherd dog's race. I've done it; that's inherently part of being from New Zealand. It's sort of like these mud obstacle races in America. There are a bunch of crazy ingredients, like molasses, eggs, feathers, mud, water, hay, trucks, trailers, grass and bubbles. I'm so excited about going back to New Zealand. We were there in Seasons, 2, 5, and 13, when my dad was the greeter. Now we're actually in my hometown of Christchurch and Canterbury. They've had a lot of suffering the past few years [with the 2011 earthquake], so on a personal level, I was so keen to go back and to show the world that Canterbury and Christchurch have picked themselves up. It's important to show how places come back.

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,28050.msg842005.html#msg842005

We do have this...as a this week screencap from the Never Give Up promo, which airport?

« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 08:45:47 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #77 on: March 02, 2013, 08:42:29 AM »
The title quote is from Max or Katie. Don't even think on argue about this.

Remember last episode, Caroline and Jennifer performed the Take a Trunk Detour they said they "feel like James Bond"?

:welcome: to RFF CeCeKline!!  :hello2:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #78 on: March 02, 2013, 09:33:35 AM »
I see a lot of opinion about Keep On Racing, but here are the actual situations for Double Length Legs:

AR6, leg 6a and leg 6b in Hungary - teams reached a point where viewers are told that it is To Be Continued, a double length leg. However, there is no effective difference between this and Keep On Racing (a label not used in Amazing Races until AR18) excess there was no finish mat and no first place prize winner

AR7, leg 8a and 8b in India - teams reached a Lucknow rooftop to be told "Still Racing". That sends them in leg 8b to the train station, where them board for a mystery destination which turns out to be Lucknow. There was no prize.

AR8, leg 10a and 10b starting in Salt Lake City, then throughout Utah to Old Faithful for leg 10a, then through Wyoming and Montana for leg 10b. There was no pit stop in between, so this was a "You are still racing. Here is your next clue." leg.

AR8, leg 11a and 11b starting in Montana, then to Montreal, with viewers in suspense on whether the Wheelers would quit finding  tickets somewhere in Olympic Stadium. There was no pit stop and no prize. 11b was the final leg of AR8, traveling to Toronto and then on a motorized boat to Joseph A. David State Park where the final ROADBLOCK awaited them.

AR10 leg 9 - teams in Finland found no finish mat but are told to Keep Racing, which takes them to the Ukraine.

AR18 leg 4 - teams finished in Lijiang, China, with the last 2 (Kynt/Vyxsin and Zev/Justin) being told "Still Racing", with the other 7 teams already started on leg 5 and Margie and Luke winning a first place prize.

I may or may not have all Amazing Race double length legs listed above. Whether they are Keep on Racing or just Still Racing is a totally irrelevant distinction for me. I do agree that a prize was awarded on AR18, leg 4, but who cares?

I agree with this. I don't really see any reason why Leg 1 of TAR 18 was considered two legs. Just because the first team wins a prize doesn't mean it can be considered a Pit Stop. A "Pit Stop" by definition would inherently contain a rest period of some sort. And for it a mat to count as the end of one leg and the start of another it would have to be a real Pit Stop.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline IvarG

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #79 on: March 02, 2013, 10:12:17 AM »
I'm just wondering how on earth Jessica+John get eliminated so early. Maybe they use the express pass in leg 3?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #81 on: March 02, 2013, 02:17:57 PM »
:tu leenie and :welcome: to RFF!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #82 on: March 02, 2013, 02:19:28 PM »
Take home bit:

in this exclusive clip from Sunday’s episode, we get to see both of them behind the wheel! There’s only one problem — it’s a manual car, so Joey is a little out of his element!

Driving around in a dirt field, each team member must quickly guide the tiny little car around a swerving course, but together, can’t have over a combined time of 83 seconds. Joey goes first, and gets a time of 46 seconds. Go Joey! While Joey and Meghan are on the course, newlywed team Max and Kate are hot on their trail.

Now we know why we see Dave saying "I can't drive it"  :'(
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #83 on: March 02, 2013, 02:24:29 PM »
I see a lot of opinion about Keep On Racing, but here are the actual situations for Double Length Legs:

AR6, leg 6a and leg 6b in Hungary - teams reached a point where viewers are told that it is To Be Continued, a double length leg. However, there is no effective difference between this and Keep On Racing (a label not used in Amazing Races until AR18) excess there was no finish mat and no first place prize winner

AR7, leg 8a and 8b in India - teams reached a Lucknow rooftop to be told "Still Racing". That sends them in leg 8b to the train station, where them board for a mystery destination which turns out to be Lucknow. There was no prize.

AR8, leg 10a and 10b starting in Salt Lake City, then throughout Utah to Old Faithful for leg 10a, then through Wyoming and Montana for leg 10b. There was no pit stop in between, so this was a "You are still racing. Here is your next clue." leg.

AR8, leg 11a and 11b starting in Montana, then to Montreal, with viewers in suspense on whether the Wheelers would quit finding  tickets somewhere in Olympic Stadium. There was no pit stop and no prize. 11b was the final leg of AR8, traveling to Toronto and then on a motorized boat to Joseph A. David State Park where the final ROADBLOCK awaited them.

AR10 leg 9 - teams in Finland found no finish mat but are told to Keep Racing, which takes them to the Ukraine.

AR18 leg 4 - teams finished in Lijiang, China, with the last 2 (Kynt/Vyxsin and Zev/Justin) being told "Still Racing", with the other 7 teams already started on leg 5 and Margie and Luke winning a first place prize.

I may or may not have all Amazing Race double length legs listed above. Whether they are Keep on Racing or just Still Racing is a totally irrelevant distinction for me. I do agree that a prize was awarded on AR18, leg 4, but who cares?

I agree with this. I don't really see any reason why Leg 1 of TAR 18 was considered two legs. Just because the first team wins a prize doesn't mean it can be considered a Pit Stop. A "Pit Stop" by definition would inherently contain a rest period of some sort. And for it a mat to count as the end of one leg and the start of another it would have to be a real Pit Stop.

I think they were qualified as back-to-back legs. I also think the "pitstop" terms having some stop or rest, IDK.

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #84 on: March 02, 2013, 02:39:33 PM »
If TAR 18's KOR/TBC legs were counted as 1.. they would have only had 10 legs

but I do agree I don't really see the difference between TAR 18's and the earlier TBC's.

TAR 14's TBC had a prize at the fake Pit Stop and it was still counted as 1 leg.

- Pretty soon we're gonna have to move this convo somewhere else :lol:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #85 on: March 02, 2013, 02:41:51 PM »
You have that right. :groan:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Tarfan37

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #86 on: March 02, 2013, 11:29:01 PM »
sorry that was my fault guys.. i didnt know it was going to turn into this whole ordeal

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #87 on: March 02, 2013, 11:29:49 PM »
TBC = 2 Episodes.
KOR = 1 Episode.

How about that? I like it more that way...
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline ilhamrizki

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #88 on: March 03, 2013, 05:14:58 AM »
Find this on twitter @PhilKeoghan

Ready 4 #AmazingRace #NewZealand? 4th visit here's a shot #TAR13 at #Pitstop @PureNewZealand @FlyAirNZ pic.twitter.com/Rgb1FR8NUU

Is that will be gonna the Pitstop for this leg?
"Do not expect extraordinary result if you just do ordinary effort"

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #89 on: March 03, 2013, 05:33:00 AM »
Find this on twitter @PhilKeoghan

Ready 4 #AmazingRace #NewZealand? 4th visit here's a shot #TAR13 at #Pitstop @PureNewZealand @FlyAirNZ pic.twitter.com/Rgb1FR8NUU

Is that will be gonna the Pitstop for this leg?
Terrace Downs is our Pitstop then?

Photo Courtesy of Where2Golf

We already have the pitstop, Ilham.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #90 on: March 03, 2013, 10:04:46 AM »
Not too important, but this is downtown Rakaia:

And this is the Rakaia Gorge Bridge No 1 heading upstream:

So...
Flight to Auckland (everyone bunched)
Flight to Christchurch (staggered arrivals)
Arrive at Rakaia Bridge
Sign-up for boats next morning
Boats take teams upstream to Detour Decision
Teams take ATVs to Detour of choice near Mt Hutt
Detour of racing cars or fishing
Where is the Roadblock located?
Pit Stop at Terrace Downs
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 10:34:52 AM by Neobie »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #91 on: March 03, 2013, 10:20:05 AM »
Do we have this location? Phil says the Rumptydoo Race is at a  "friend's farm"...
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 01:53:23 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #92 on: March 03, 2013, 10:39:46 AM »
Is it possible that this is one of that impossible locations that the show says "And drive yourselves to THIS farm..." ? Cause i found nothing on that...
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #93 on: March 03, 2013, 11:35:06 AM »
The google earth guys might be able to, we know pretty exctly where this is from Chateau!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #94 on: March 03, 2013, 01:11:27 PM »
That pic of Chuck and Wynona is them at AKL (Auckland), peach!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #95 on: March 03, 2013, 01:12:22 PM »
I thought so! Thanks kiwi!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #96 on: March 03, 2013, 01:40:04 PM »

This (ATV scene) is here, with the camera facing due south.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #97 on: March 03, 2013, 01:42:55 PM »
How does that relate to Chateau's ID of the haybale site? Because, the ATV's are used to get TO the Detours, as far as we know....
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #98 on: March 03, 2013, 01:46:07 PM »
Very close! I might do a map, but it'd be helpful if we identify where the Roadblock and the fishing are first! (So I get the scale right and don't have to redo everything...)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #99 on: March 03, 2013, 01:52:31 PM »
The RB is on Phil's friends farm I think, Chateau says the house is not viewable on GE but everything is right in that area.

AND Phil's parent's B&B is just down the road:
http://www.gardenviewbandbnz.com/

Wish THAT was the Pit Stop!
RFF's Golden Rule: