Author Topic: Any Signs for Memory Challenge in the Finale?  (Read 38946 times)

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
Re: Any Signs for Memory Challenge in the Finale?
« Reply #75 on: March 28, 2013, 10:33:28 AM »
Seasons without a memory challenge always feel...incomplete to me.

Word. WORD. WORD. WORD. WORD. WORD.

The only season without some sort of a challenge and still feels complete for me is TAR 1 and TAR 7.

TAR 15, TAR 16, TAR 18, TAR 20 feels so incomplete and unmemorable, honestly.
TAR16 technically had a memory task... the elimination order with non-eliminations with the psychedelic posters.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline BuuYaa

• RFF Full Member
  • TAR 22 <3; TAR 23 must be better
« Reply #76 on: March 29, 2013, 11:05:48 AM »

Not that I don't like a memory challenge, but sometimes, instead of a memory task, it just became a "possibility" task. They just tried every single possibility of the answers until they got it right.

Back in TAR12, well Rachel did figure out that an animal in the clue referred to human, so I gave her credit for that. but for the rest she,Christina,and Nick just tried putting and changing every single possibility.

Or in TAR21, when Josh literally said that the flag Roadblock instantly became a math task for him where he tried and eliminated every single possibility. Let alone Lexi and James, I think they were just doing the same. If I were doing this, there's no way I would have known which country had which greetings/goodbyes. I would just do what Josh did.

So at the end of the day, it basically came down to luck, not to who had the best memory. What mattered is, did the possibility you attempt was right or not.

I really like TAR 14's though.Probably because the challenge was almost pure MEMORY TASK. You actually HAVE TO memorize/remember what you encountered. Sure you could attempt all the possibilities for the ten Surfboards but there were too many surfboards and there's an order they had for those ten Surfboards. If there were 100 surfboards there, there would have been 100x99x98...91 = GOD KNOWS HOW MANY! possibilities. Attempt that and the producers would just tell you to take a 4 hour penalty. Even if you already had like 9 corrects, you would still attempt those other 91. Got 9 corrects probably took 2-3 hours and to attempt the rest probably took ...just take 4 hour penalty if it was me.

Unlike TAR 21, all of the Goodbyes/Greetings would be used. So once you get a possibility right, it automatically eliminates some wrong possibilities that you might possibly attempt before you got that right one. For example, if you already got 8 correct greetings/goodbyes, 2 incorrect, what do you think we need to do next? Do we have to remember hardly again what did they say in Bangladesh and Indonesia? No! We just switch the last two, and you're out of there. What if the producers put like 50 different goodbyes and 50 different greetings in the Roadblock, now THAT would be my Epic Memory Task. You already got 8 corrects, there were still 42 in there. The possibility of attempts would be 42x41 = 1722, only 1 out of 1722 is a correct attempt, instead of just switching the last two with 1 move. So, to get all right as fast as possible is to actually MEMORIZE or REMEMBER how people greeted and goodbye-ed you in Bangladesh and Indonesia.
Well maybe 50 is insane, try 25 maybe.

TAR 17's would have been better if they were all neck and neck, TAR 19's too.

TAR 18 and TAR 20 final challenge were not that pleasant for me

But TAR 15's was pretty good actually. When they had to count those chips in Vegas for a million dollars.
Not that I am being cocky here but I know math and that was absolutely hard. With 2 heads counting the money, if it were me I prefer to count the chips alone and let my partner sit out (make it a Roadblock)

I hope TAR 22 had an "actual" Memory Task in the final leg if it is a memory task that involved memorizing/remembering, even looking at notes like in TAR 17
Or a VERY challenging Task like in TAR 15

« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 11:18:17 AM by BuuYaa »
Please Bring'em back:
=======================================
MM: Jaymes&James; Mark&Bopper
FF: Caroline&Jennifer; Pam&Winnie; Natalie&Nadiya;
MF: Joey&Meghan;
Couple : Max&Katie; Abby&Ryan; Brendon&Rachel; Amani&Marcus;
Elder Couple : Chuck&Wynona; Bill&Cathi;
======================================

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #77 on: March 29, 2013, 05:26:29 PM »
In my opinion, I dont think a final leg requires a memory task. Just some type of mental task. Though for me Season 20 finale is the exception, since that roadblock was just too epic.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #78 on: March 29, 2013, 08:28:47 PM »
In my opinion, I dont think a final leg requires a memory task. Just some type of mental task. Though for me Season 20 finale is the exception, since that roadblock was just too epic.

TAR 20's finale was only epic because of Brenchel and the race between Dave & Rachel and Art & JJ's bad karma.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #79 on: March 31, 2013, 01:58:27 AM »
I have the feeling this finale will be heavily physical and thrill-based like the previous even-numbered seasons.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #80 on: March 31, 2013, 03:15:34 AM »
I have the feeling this finale will be heavily physical and thrill-based like the previous even-numbered seasons.

One physical challenge anyway....
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #81 on: March 31, 2013, 12:34:21 PM »

Word. WORD. WORD. WORD. WORD. WORD.

The only season without some sort of a challenge and still feels complete for me is TAR 1 and TAR 7.

TAR 15, TAR 16, TAR 18, TAR 20 feels so incomplete and unmemorable, honestly.
TAR16 technically had a memory task... the elimination order with non-eliminations with the psychedelic posters.

You didn't read my previous post obviously. :p

jiajia12

« Reply #82 on: March 31, 2013, 12:36:44 PM »
I always felt Christina was robbed given how hard that final task was compare to other seasons.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #83 on: March 31, 2013, 07:38:05 PM »
Can someone give me a list of places where finale sightings were caught in D.C.? Would really appreciate it as this may give me a slight hint to what (if any) memory or strange final task it might be.
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #84 on: March 31, 2013, 07:41:54 PM »
Can someone give me a list of places where finale sightings were caught in D.C.? Would really appreciate it as this may give me a slight hint to what (if any) memory or strange final task it might be.

Same task, same loaction=switchback.

This could be different...
It doesn't have to be in exact same location. The Fast Forward Switchback in TAR20 is in different city, although in the same country (India). ;)

Is there any possibility that there'll be more than one Switchback? :ascared :ascared

That's the thought that I have as well. It would surprise viewers for there to be two such switchbacks in the same season. And IIRC, didn't we have photographic evidence of the final leg switchback?

Yes, in the sightings thread.  Check Reply #254, Reply #257 and Reply #261.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #85 on: March 31, 2013, 08:02:12 PM »

Same task, same loaction=switchback.

This could be different...
It doesn't have to be in exact same location. The Fast Forward Switchback in TAR20 is in different city, although in the same country (India). ;)

Is there any possibility that there'll be more than one Switchback? :ascared :ascared

That's the thought that I have as well. It would surprise viewers for there to be two such switchbacks in the same season. And IIRC, didn't we have photographic evidence of the final leg switchback?

Yes, in the sightings thread.  Check Reply #254, Reply #257 and Reply #261.

So nothing else at the moment?

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #86 on: March 31, 2013, 08:20:02 PM »
Well, it's not an animal memorization task. :lol3:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #87 on: April 02, 2013, 07:09:29 AM »

Read the LIVE sightings and the TimeLine. :res:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline TARFansurvivor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #88 on: April 03, 2013, 12:11:14 PM »
Could they have some kind of postcard challenge, like the one in TAR11 where Romber got eliminated????
Love The Amazing Race, The Apprentice and Survivor.

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #89 on: April 03, 2013, 12:17:58 PM »
Could they have some kind of postcard challenge, like the one in TAR11 where Romber got eliminated????
What made you think of that? There's no connection between these teams with past season's teams (I think). ???
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline TARFansurvivor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #90 on: April 03, 2013, 12:29:00 PM »
What made you think of that? There's no connection between these teams with past season's teams (I think). ???

I though about a task, not a connection between teams.

We know they go to the Old Post Office Pavilion, there they could have a task, where they should find the route. They have went around the World, among many other routes. And the Route is on a Postcard!!!!

Hope it make sense for u now!!!!

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #91 on: April 03, 2013, 12:32:13 PM »

We know they go to the Old Post Office Pavilion, there they could have a task, where they should find the route. They have went around the World, among many other routes. And the Route is on a Postcard!!!!

Well, from the spoilers I read in DC sightings, there's no info about teams were visiting post office... ;)
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline TARFansurvivor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #92 on: April 03, 2013, 12:35:12 PM »

Well, from the spoilers I read in DC sightings, there's no info about teams were visiting post office... ;)

Yes they go to The Old Post Office Pavilion!!!!

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #93 on: April 03, 2013, 01:48:45 PM »

stroche -- I was on the ground in DC today too, but didn't get nearly as much (good) information as you got.  I can fill in the blanks on the Old Post Office, though.

Got a tip that there was a road closure over by the Smithsonian Museum of American History, so headed there.  Turned out that the racers went to the nearby Old Post Office.  I got there about 10 minutes after they left, no production in sight.  There, they had to get their clue in a souvenir shop after having their picture taken with a cardboard Obama.  The shop keeper told me that three teams came for clues, all within about 5-10 minutes of each other.  All of them asked for directions to the Tidal Basin.  I was told that blondes in pink were there.  Unfortunately, I had to give up the chase at that point and return to life. :tantrum  So

As an aside, the Old Post Office seemed an odd choice.  Inside there's nothing but a food court and a few small, tacky shops.  There's a gubbmint agency on the top floors, so you can't get in without a full security check (x ray machine for jackets and packages, metal detector to enter).  Maybe CBS got that waived.

Got a couple of pics, but they're either too blurry or too far away to be of use.  I'll post 'em anyway once I get them off my camera.

Sorry I couldn't get more, but it was fun to run along, and I don't expect TAR to come back to DC anytime soon.  Thanks for launching me on this quest, Peach!
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline TARFansurvivor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #94 on: April 03, 2013, 04:59:05 PM »

stroche -- I was on the ground in DC today too, but didn't get nearly as much (good) information as you got.  I can fill in the blanks on the Old Post Office, though.

Got a tip that there was a road closure over by the Smithsonian Museum of American History, so headed there.  Turned out that the racers went to the nearby Old Post Office.  I got there about 10 minutes after they left, no production in sight.  There, they had to get their clue in a souvenir shop after having their picture taken with a cardboard Obama.  The shop keeper told me that three teams came for clues, all within about 5-10 minutes of each other.  All of them asked for directions to the Tidal Basin.  I was told that blondes in pink were there.  Unfortunately, I had to give up the chase at that point and return to life. :tantrum  So

As an aside, the Old Post Office seemed an odd choice.  Inside there's nothing but a food court and a few small, tacky shops.  There's a gubbmint agency on the top floors, so you can't get in without a full security check (x ray machine for jackets and packages, metal detector to enter).  Maybe CBS got that waived.

Got a couple of pics, but they're either too blurry or too far away to be of use.  I'll post 'em anyway once I get them off my camera.

Sorry I couldn't get more, but it was fun to run along, and I don't expect TAR to come back to DC anytime soon.  Thanks for launching me on this quest, Peach!
Thanks very much for that info, it is not in the timeline. Cool task involving a great person!!!!

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #95 on: April 04, 2013, 11:42:19 PM »
Well, it's not an animal memorization task. :lol3:

Could still be - the hockey brothers at least got the clue for the goat Road Block at the same time as the Fast Forward, and the animal Detour could be used as a "we tried to tell you" hint like the gold-weighing was for TAR 15's poker chips.

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #96 on: April 08, 2013, 01:33:01 AM »
Oh I really hope we have a memory challenge this season, it's been such a good season it'd feel wrong not to have one.

Offline guacamole300

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #97 on: April 08, 2013, 07:14:07 AM »

Unlike TAR 21, all of the Goodbyes/Greetings would be used. So once you get a possibility right, it automatically eliminates some wrong possibilities that you might possibly attempt before you got that right one. For example, if you already got 8 correct greetings/goodbyes, 2 incorrect, what do you think we need to do next? Do we have to remember hardly again what did they say in Bangladesh and Indonesia? No! We just switch the last two, and you're out of there. What if the producers put like 50 different goodbyes and 50 different greetings in the Roadblock, now THAT would be my Epic Memory Task. You already got 8 corrects, there were still 42 in there. The possibility of attempts would be 42x41 = 1722, only 1 out of 1722 is a correct attempt, instead of just switching the last two with 1 move. So, to get all right as fast as possible is to actually MEMORIZE or REMEMBER how people greeted and goodbye-ed you in Bangladesh and Indonesia.
Well maybe 50 is insane, try 25 maybe.

I think i remember somebody said in a interview that there were in fact some extra ones.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #98 on: April 08, 2013, 08:37:58 AM »
We can always have a Switchback of TAR 12 Roadblock. <3 Best memory challenge ever.

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #99 on: April 08, 2013, 08:45:56 AM »
Because WRP would totally put 3 switchbacks in one race. ;) But yes, that was the best memory challenge EVER!