Author Topic: Any Signs for Memory Challenge in the Finale?  (Read 38925 times)

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
Re: Any Signs for Memory Challenge in the Finale?
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2013, 06:45:58 PM »
Phil is DEFINITELY relating to the final episode for memory. There may be a connection between the leaf priest and the airport welcome-er as the item GIVEN to the teams. I wouldn't be surprised if they gave teams a Sprint smartphone to FaceTime their loved ones on a long drive similar to season 12 in Tuscany.

1) Faa'a Int'l Airport / Pacific lei
2) Hilton wedding chapel / Leaf blessing

There may be a Maori tattoo Fast Forward in rural South Island (since those designs are PERMANENT) with Maori warriors with the tattoos as clue givers. :duno:
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2013, 07:10:01 PM »
Hmmmm there was a weird focus on the lei giving on Leg 1. I think that is indeed part of the memory challenge.
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2013, 07:28:35 PM »
Hmmmm there was a weird focus on the lei giving on Leg 1. I think that is indeed part of the memory challenge.

Yeap.

About the Blessing. Looks like the priest is using leaves of the Cordyline terminalis (Hawaiian Green Ti Plant) for the ceremony.

If this is right, the Ti Plant is used by locals to ward off evil spirits in the whole Polynesia.

Tahiti

Bora Bora
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2013, 07:43:27 PM »
If this is definitely the final memory task, New Zealand may possibly feature Maori greetings with a plausible Maori tattoo design Fast Forward.
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2013, 08:34:03 PM »
I don't know about this, but where did you get the info that there will be a Fast Forward in New Zealand? :)

Also, somehow I doubt that the tattoo will be featured in the memory challenge, because I believe that the production will feature something that ALL of the teams encountered/experienced. If they featured a Fast Forward task in the memory challenge, isn't that only the team who did the Fast Forward challenge who will remember the task? And wouldn't it be a disadvantage to another teams who didn't complete the Fast Forward?
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2013, 10:38:53 PM »
I don't know about this, but where did you get the info that there will be a Fast Forward in New Zealand? :)

Also, somehow I doubt that the tattoo will be featured in the memory challenge, because I believe that the production will feature something that ALL of the teams encountered/experienced. If they featured a Fast Forward task in the memory challenge, isn't that only the team who did the Fast Forward challenge who will remember the task? And wouldn't it be a disadvantage to another teams who didn't complete the Fast Forward?

I have a really itching feeling there will be a Fast Forward in leg 3. :lol: The preview editing seemed a bit peculiar that they are missing something.

Teams may not all be able to encounter a Fast Forward, but they may all have been "clued" and greeted with an offering by a Maori warrior with the tattoo designs while searching for him.

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2013, 08:22:11 PM »
Was there some type of greeting in the third leg?

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2013, 08:23:22 PM »
no greet, just a dog at the pit stop.

transport has lots from jet boats to RTVs to vintage cars!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2013, 08:26:34 PM »
Maybe this is one of those season without a FINAL MEMORY CHALLENGE. *coughs TAR 18* coughscoughs

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2013, 08:27:00 PM »
I think the kamboja flower (lol, I don't know how to say it in English) that is seen during the preview for the next episode is part of the memory challenge! One of the country singers wear it on her ear.

Maybe teams must remember things local people have given to them?
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2013, 08:35:43 PM »
Was there some type of greeting in the third leg?
THE EGGS! :hearts:

I think we might have a lock on the final task. Think about what teams were GIVEN during each leg.

1) Pacific islander lei / Faa'a Int'l Airport
2) Leaf blessing / Hilton Bora Bora chapel
3) Eggs / Shemozzle RB

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2013, 10:31:48 PM »
Damn. I was hoping it'd be as simple and non-obtrusive as "Put all the Road Blocks and Detours in the correct order". I'm amazed that hasn't happened yet, actually.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2013, 04:54:54 PM »
Damn. I was hoping it'd be as simple and non-obtrusive as "Put all the Road Blocks and Detours in the correct order". I'm amazed that hasn't happened yet, actually.

I think the Detour, RB, and Pit Stop memorization in Portland in season 13 is one of those ordering task... tasks.

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2013, 10:12:08 PM »
why would phil tell us that there would be some sort of memory task a long time before the final leg? here's my theory - the memory challenge he is referring to is the surfboard rb in bali! it makes so much more sense.. what i dont know is what they were supposed to memorise..

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2013, 03:34:55 AM »
Yeah i think the memory challenge is the RB in Bali now. Something really close to the one in the TAR14 finale.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2013, 11:19:48 AM »
why would phil tell us that there would be some sort of memory task a long time before the final leg? here's my theory - the memory challenge he is referring to is the surfboard rb in bali! it makes so much more sense.. what i dont know is what they were supposed to memorise..

LInk to that Phil quote please? All I know is that he says pay attention to the priest giving the blessing in Bora-Bora. No "there will be a memory challenge" quote...

Am wondering about head coverings again. :duno:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2013, 12:26:41 PM »
I think we can hear Caroline or Jennifer saying "i don't know...my memory is not good" .
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2013, 09:13:46 PM »
Hmm... you may be on the right track, supah. Season 10 with the rap Detour in Ukraine was also memory in past and lyrics. However, since season 14 already has done a surfboard memory task, it seems a little questionable.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2013, 09:32:49 PM »
Well, while Caroline is performing the RB, you can hear Jennifer saying something like "I have a better memory; maybe I've should done it"  ??? .
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2013, 09:36:16 PM »
Well, while Caroline is performing the RB, you can hear Jennifer saying something like "I have a better memory; maybe I've should done it"  ??? .
It might be a surfboard game of concentration of matching two surfboards with each other.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2013, 10:12:38 PM »
We KNOW from the on ground crew (NOT Phil) that the surf board task did seem to involve some sort of matching/remembering.

But I still am looking for what you all think  Phil said re a memory task please?
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #46 on: March 05, 2013, 10:36:29 PM »
We KNOW from the on ground crew (NOT Phil) that the surf board task did seem to involve some sort of matching/remembering.

But I still am looking for what you all think  Phil said re a memory task please?

HIS TWEET!!!!!!!!!!!! I recall it said 'take notice of the Tahitian priest for a future challenge'

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #47 on: March 05, 2013, 11:18:28 PM »
Okay, I saw that, thanks! The way y'all were talking I thought there was something else! :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2013, 12:20:07 PM »
Somehow now I have a feeling that there will be no memory challenge in the finale. It had been done in Leg 4. :(
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2013, 12:22:09 PM »
Won't be that priest anyway! :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule: