Author Topic: TAR 22 Ep 2 "Loose Lips Sink Ships"  (Read 55847 times)

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 22 Ep 2 "Loose Lips Sink Ships"
« Reply #150 on: February 24, 2013, 06:19:23 PM »
Me thinks the order of arrival this leg is :

Bates/Anthony
Dave/Connor
Joey/Meghan
Pam/Winnie

Back it up with some reason why?

Again , i think.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #151 on: February 24, 2013, 06:25:42 PM »
Peach, I was thinking on another theory, specially after Chateau's work with the pic - and that's the real reason for my post with the time secuence -:  leading teams started the leg in the early morning and faced a first HoO with the boats that made them wait at leat until 5.30/6am..  Then, they went to the location near the hotel for the blessing, when the found a second HoO - that's the moment of the chat -.  Otherwise, Max & Katie and Caroline & Jennifer never could be in the Detour around 8.30/8.45am. if the leading teams were released later. 
As I always said, it's a wild spec, but at this point anything is possible.  ??? 

I agree with all that!

Another explanation would concur with Neobie's idea that The RB is not on the same island as the Pitstop.
That could explain why they are wearing the underwater/wet mikes when they get the RB clue (had them for the detour/jet skis)

and again running for the pitstop (took another jet ski/boat ride)

but NOT while doing the RB:

And why the teams didn't have their backpacks leaving the detour on the jet-skis but the Battaglias had them in the pic where they're running to the PS. 

And in this pic from the RB one of the girls have them too.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 06:30:46 PM by Alenaveda »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #152 on: February 24, 2013, 07:07:23 PM »
Peach, I was thinking on another theory, specially after Chateau's work with the pic - and that's the real reason for my post with the time secuence -:  leading teams started the leg in the early morning and faced a first HoO with the boats that made them wait at leat until 5.30/6am..  Then, they went to the location near the hotel for the blessing, when the found a second HoO - that's the moment of the chat -.  Otherwise, Max & Katie and Caroline & Jennifer never could be in the Detour around 8.30/8.45am. if the leading teams were released later. 
As I always said, it's a wild spec, but at this point anything is possible.  ??? 

:yess:   (almost  :lol3: )
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #153 on: February 24, 2013, 08:05:46 PM »
EEEK! That reference would have been to the NZ leg, not the BoraBora leg!! :pull

:-[
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #154 on: February 24, 2013, 08:06:14 PM »
EEEK! That reference would have been to the NZ leg, not the BoraBora leg!! :pull

Also , Pam and Winnie were SECOND...to last.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #155 on: February 24, 2013, 08:07:57 PM »

Guess we'll have to see what happens NEXT episode! :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #156 on: February 24, 2013, 08:09:27 PM »

Guess we'll have to see what happens NEXT episode! :lol:

:lol3:

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #157 on: February 25, 2013, 08:18:18 PM »
Well I've got to say this was a great episode! I loved the unpredictability and the fact that we got to know the teams better. A lot of the teams that were invisible on the first episode were able to show more personality this episode.

And I personally am not too sad to see the twins eliminated. They were a nice team, but they just were just a little too whiny and seemed like something was going to take them out eventually anyway.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #158 on: February 26, 2013, 01:37:33 AM »
Bora Bora is amazing and beautiful! <3

Loved the Detour! The Roadblock may be a tad too easy? But then again, some teams struggled so maybe this has more to do with skill rather than perseverance!

Just on some of the teams:
Bates and Anthony, cocky, not interesting at all.
John and Jessica, cocky, not interesting at all.
Connor and Dave, cocky not interesting at all.

Joey and Meghan, so much more better this leg, moved up on my liking list than the three teams above.
Chuck and Wyona <3
Mona and Beth <3
Caroline and Jen <3
Max and Katie, loved how they stressed themselves and totally said the blondes will throw them under the bus and become overly suspicious, LOL.
Pam and Winnie... erm, stop whining. Just do the tasks.
Doctors... :hearts: for elimination. :lol3:

Chuck and Wyona, Mona and Beth, Caroline and Jen <3 I think none of them has a chance of winning but yay to all of them making F9! <3
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 01:53:20 AM by Joab »

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #159 on: February 26, 2013, 07:29:42 PM »
I found some reactions about episode 2 from a jet ski/water craft blog at http://watercraftperformance.com/2013/02/26/video-jetpilot-featured-on-the-amazing-race/#. It was such a fair handed and unbiased commentary that I thought I'd pass it along for your enjoyment.

It’s almost not even worth mentioning how contrived and pedantic “unscripted” television is these days. And like most things, we have MTV to blame. It all started with the original “The Real World” and things spiraled out of control since then. Looking to get the most thrill, shock value and viewer empathy (or in many cases, couch rage), television producers have dreamed up more ways to brutalize, maim and torture their contestants short of recreating scenes from the “Saw” franchise on network television.

On the most recent episode of the inexplicably popular reality show, “The Amazing Race,” participants traveled to Bora Bora and hijinks ensue. Teams are out of sorts as they speed off to various locations speckled over the tropical landscape. Tempers are flared. Alliances are frayed. Bones are fractured. In one particular segment, teams are forced to participate in a physical challenges, forcing them to Pick a Pearl or Take a Trunk. According to the TV Guide recap, “After gaining their next clues, teams jet ski to Motu Tapu, the most photographed island in the South Pacific. I’ll trust the Amazing Race on this. The excitement over jet skiing is really amusing to me. I guess most of these peeps don’t live near an ocean or a great body of water. It’s like they’ve never seen a jet ski before.”

Seeing this as a great opportunity to get some visibility before a few million viewers, JetPilot happily supplied all of the riding gear for the hapless contestants who maneuvered their rental WaveRunners with the same grace and agility as a group of drunk 9-year-olds on bicycles (not that we endorse adolescent drinking). We love seeing companies break from the intimacy of our sport and reach a larger audience, and JetPilot is doing exactly that. Good work, guys!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #160 on: February 26, 2013, 07:34:48 PM »
It was such a fair handed and unbiased commentary that I thought I'd pass it along for your enjoyment.

:colealert:   :lol: Inexplicably my foot!

Interesting though!!

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #161 on: February 26, 2013, 09:20:13 PM »
Guys, it seems like the ratings are dropping like flies this season reaching an all-time low of 6.95 viewers. :'( I do understand there was an Oscars ceremony that night, but even in season 14's Oscars show, ratings have done better. I'm a little worried since this new number is just scary for a reality competition.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #162 on: February 27, 2013, 09:15:17 AM »
I found some reactions about episode 2 from a jet ski/water craft blog at http://watercraftperformance.com/2013/02/26/video-jetpilot-featured-on-the-amazing-race/#. It was such a fair handed and unbiased commentary that I thought I'd pass it along for your enjoyment...

According to the TV Guide recap, “After gaining their next clues, teams jet ski to Motu Tapu, the most photographed island in the South Pacific. 

Yes, I agree with the "rubbish factor" from TV Guide. They do not know they are talking about on statistics of "most photographed island." I make the assumption that almost all tourists visiting Oahu bring cameras and use them to photograph Diamond Head, the Arizona Memorial and other places. The official statistics for 2011 visits to Oahu were 68,455,517. I cannot find official statistics for Tahiti and Bora Bora, but unofficial statistics place Tahiti 2010 visits around 100,000 (a 25% reduction from 2009). Also, Bora Bora is the third in Society Islands visits after Tahiti and Moorea, so it would have a lower number. When you then take the chain from Bora Bora to Motu Tapu visitors get scarcer still.

When you compare Oahu to Bora Bora, you find that Oahu has at least 685 times as many visitors. Mota Tapu has an even higher ratio. TV Guide has obviously been attending the Bertram van Munster School of Hyperbole.

Please understand that I will not argue with the assertion that Motu Tapu is a beautiful place to photograph.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #163 on: February 28, 2013, 01:14:01 AM »
I wouldn't blame TV Guide for that "most photographed island" quote. Phil said it during the show and TV Guide probably just accepted it without checking into it.

I'd argue however that Hawaii is well north of the equator (around 20 degrees N) and therefore is not in the South Pacific. Still, I agree with your argument about the limited number of visitors keeping the number of pictures down. I'd guess it would likely be either the North or South Island of New Zealand.

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #164 on: February 28, 2013, 08:28:20 AM »
Anyone else find it odd that while lost, Pam and Winnie didn't drop any placements

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #165 on: February 28, 2013, 11:09:47 AM »
Anyone else find it odd that while lost, Pam and Winnie didn't drop any placements

While they technically did not lose spots while lost on the water, it did allow Caroline & Jennifer plus Max & Katie to catch up and eventually pass them. Caroline & Jennifer and Max & Katie effectively started 1 hr and 45 min behind Pam & Winnie, but still beat Pam & Winnie to Phil.