Author Topic: TAR 22 Ep 2 "Loose Lips Sink Ships"  (Read 55871 times)

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
Re: TAR 22 Ep 2 "Loose Lips Sink Ships"
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2013, 05:36:49 PM »
'Amazing Race' host Phil Keoghan teases "heartbreaking" moments

The Amazing Race host Phil Keoghan has teased that there are "heartbreaking" moments this season.

The CBS competition premiered its 22nd season last night (February 17) but Keoghan told TV Guide that the contestants will not have an easy ride.

"Early on in the season, there are a couple of big game-changing moments," he said. "You might say heartbreaking moments as well.

"Teams are put in a really challenging situation where they're drawing on all their strength to decide what to do and it's difficult. It's not too dissimilar to what happened to the rockers [whose bags and passports were stolen last season]. In the rockers' case, they really had no out, but there are moments where teams find themselves saying, 'Is this it? Are we done for?'"

Keoghan also hinted that people's perceptions of the teams may change as the season develops, saying: "What you see in the Race always is you never know how teams evolve.

"Sometimes it's teams who appear to be nice in the beginning who twist and become a little exclusive. Some are talking to some and not others. I just love that on our show. We always see such crazy diversity."

He added that he had been unable to pick the final three teams this season, joking: "At least I admit it!

"I did manage to pick two teams who made the top five. That's the best I've done in a long, long time. I don't mind admitting that I suck at picking the finalists."

The Amazing Race airs Sundays on CBS.

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s66/the-amazing-race/news/a459750/amazing-race-host-phil-keoghan-teases-heartbreaking-moments.html#ixzz2LOJojcfh
Follow us: @digitalspy on Twitter | digitalspyuk on Facebook

I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2013, 11:38:24 PM »
Sorry it's not very clear...

From pg 71 of the 2/22 issue of Entertainment Weekly

Bringing this back on the table, on the seventh line, I think we have a semi-official on the Detour task choosing between "Underwater dining" or "pearl diving". Semi part is, I just don't know where the teams are completing the one task or the other.

Judging from the short swimming trunks it's definitely an all-female team, they most likely photographed Mona & Beth doing the underwater fine dining Detour as in their promo cap they were cheering and wearing black & a lighter shade of red tops which you can also see some in the photo.

I researched some local Tahitian/Polynesian cuisines and came up with this master menu:
• Fafaru (marinade made from seafood crap aged in seawater poured onto fish) (MOST LIKELY)
• Poisson cru (raw fish salad marinated in lime and coconut liquid)
• Ma'a Tahiti (suckling pig with chicken and taro)

(((FAFARU FUN FACT: Did you know Fafaru has also been featured in Survivor: Marquesas reward challenge that Boston Rob got beaten in by a weak opponent? :) )))
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2013, 04:55:55 AM »

Bringing this back on the table, on the seventh line, I think we have a semi-official on the Detour task choosing between "Underwater dining" or "pearl diving". Semi part is, I just don't know where the teams are completing the one task or the other.

Judging from the short swimming trunks it's definitely an all-female team, they most likely photographed Mona & Beth doing the underwater fine dining Detour as in their promo cap they were cheering and wearing black & a lighter shade of red tops which you can also see some in the photo.

I researched some local Tahitian/Polynesian cuisines and came up with this master menu:
• Fafaru (marinade made from seafood crap aged in seawater poured onto fish) (MOST LIKELY)
• Poisson cru (raw fish salad marinated in lime and coconut liquid)
• Ma'a Tahiti (suckling pig with chicken and taro)

(((FAFARU FUN FACT: Did you know Fafaru has also been featured in Survivor: Marquesas reward challenge that Boston Rob got beaten in by a weak opponent? :) )))

Do you mean carp or crap?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2013, 10:07:05 AM »
Only spit of sand with median vegetation and pointing towards some mountains I could find - can you guys find more possible locations for the Pit Stop?

http://maps.google.com/?ll=-16.465745,-151.716878&spn=0.001996,0.003449&t=h&z=18

Also, the Jessica/John/Dave/Connor "confrontation" seems to happen in the morning, if my shadow-reading is correct... So unlikely that they'd be checking out until well into daylight!

I'm favoring this location on the nearby atoll of Maupiti:

:duno: Trip Advisor says you cannot go to Maupiti and come back in a day, and it is a 15 minute flight. ???
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2013, 10:09:07 AM »
Who is THIS?? :lol: click to enlarge

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2013, 10:11:46 AM »
We have a lot of detour/roadblock pics.

Can someone start a list of who is doing Pearl Diving (Jamil and Idries)

and who is doing Underwater Dining? (Mona and Beth)

And who is doing the stilts RB for their team?

Thanks!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2013, 01:08:56 PM »
Who is THIS?? :lol: click to enlarge

Max and Katie? ???

sheesh now I am talking to myself! :iok
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2013, 01:10:38 PM »
I think Max and Katie.  ;)
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2013, 02:11:20 PM »
Diving takes place just around the bend from our Pit Stop hotel, on the southeastern side of Toopuaiti Island!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2013, 07:51:50 PM »
Thanks Neobie!! :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:

MrDeerShank

« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2013, 08:06:30 PM »
Roadblock

Joey
Winnie ???
Chuck

Underwater Dining

Mona/Beth

Pearl Diving

Jamil/Idries

I'll update with new developments as and when (this was going off memory)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 08:10:05 PM by MrDeerShank »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2013, 08:17:44 PM »
Neobie has the Hilton for sure:

click on the thumbnails to enlarge
Hilton website (Mount Otemanu in the background) and the CBS screencap:

And Chateau has the boat landing and the pathway:

Hilton website and the CBS screencap:

But do we really have the PitStop spit?

I was wondering about this:

From the Hilton website:

Hilton Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa offers fabulous activities on the Resort’s Own Private Islet. The ultimate private island escape, Motu Tapu is the most photographed isle in the South Pacific. This tiny motu, just a five-minute boat ride from the resort, was the private beach of a Queen Pomare IV that can now be your destination for a unique and glamorous experience in the South Seas. 

CBS Screencap:

Is it the same??

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2013, 08:18:25 PM »
Watching the preview again on a clear version, during the showdown between the Express Pass Alliance there seems to be chatter in the background, and also some other shadows on the ground. Is this an Eat/Sleep/Mingle segment or are the top teams waiting for an Hours of Operation? Shadows suggest morning...

Edit: And Motu Tapu looks better than either spit that we had before! Missed it the first round because it was hidden under a cloud in Google Maps... :)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2013, 08:31:30 PM »
Tell me again why we think the Hilton is the ep 1 PitStop??

I am trying to do a "what we know" and Puzzles...

and I am wondering if the Hilton was the leg 1 PitStop why would teams be taking a water taxi there on Ep 2 to start the leg?? ???  Did they leave and have a PitStay somewhere else and then go back?

And also: where are jet skis going? From where to where?

« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 08:45:17 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2013, 08:45:36 PM »
Remember that since season 12 there IS no ESM, teams are kept segregated. SO any mingling must be during a HoOP, but why?

Could it be waiting for a boat for the Detour? :duno:

Roadblock must be last, we see a red clue here:

And maybe the jet skies are going to the spit??

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2013, 08:47:48 PM »
And remember Banzai gave us this:

Here's the official website of Aqua Safari Bora Bora:
http://www.aquasafaribora.com/anglais/indexen.php

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/35WPyIQroQ4?hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/35WPyIQroQ4?hl</a>

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2013, 08:56:28 PM »
Tell me again why we think the Hilton is the ep 1 PitStop??

I am trying to do a "what we know" and Puzzles...

and I am wondering if the Hilton was the leg 1 PitStop why would teams be taking a water taxi there on Ep 2 to start the leg?? ???  Did they leave and have a PitStay somewhere else and then go back?

And also: where are jet skis going? From where to where?

Could they be coming from the hotel?  Look at the background of this pic. I don't know from this distance if it's an exact match, but it could be.

Also check the mountain. 

« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 09:01:48 PM by Alenaveda »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2013, 09:13:37 PM »
Okay, looks good to me!! So from Hilton to...the PitStop on Motu Tapu? Can we pinpoint the RB as coming before or possibly ON the spit??

Because the one cap here looks like a classic dive boat for transport:

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2013, 09:15:29 PM »
Yes! Motu Tapu it is.  Damn cloud cover.   :gaah:

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2013, 09:18:10 PM »
Motu Tapu looks like a match. Some good ole old-fashioned spoiling there, Peach!

I agree that the Roadblock is last, possibly on Motu Tapu itself, on the side facing the ocean. You can see Connor still wearing the weaved-palm-armbands, which wouldn't work if he went into the water after the Roadblock.

We know that the Pit Stop was on the southeast end of the atoll, at Motu Cafe near "Taurere Point" on the southern end of Motu Pitiaau. We also know that they stayed at the Hilton based on confessionals ("even though we came in third place today...").

I'm not sure whether they brought them back to Motu Cafe to start Leg Two, or if they started the leg at the Hilton. Starting at the hotel has been common, especially around TAR 11, but last season they seem to have brought teams back to the Pit Stop to start the next leg a little more frequently. (I distinctly remember teams starting the Netherlands leg at the Pit Stop hotel though.)

The first preview has teams diving at pretty much the same spot where the bottom left blue dot is on Banzai's map.

If teams start at the Hilton (or even if they start back at Motu Cafe), this is going to be the shortest leg ever, distance- (and perhaps even time-) wise.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2013, 09:32:54 PM »
Motu Tapu looks like a match. Some good ole old-fashioned spoiling there, Peach!

If teams start at the Hilton (or even if they start back at Motu Cafe), this is going to be the shortest leg ever, distance- (and perhaps even time-) wise.

Heee, staring at those screencaps till I am cross eyed paid off!

And if this is a super short leg, then Max/Katie and Caroline/Jennifer may have little op to catch up to the others...

Still puzzled by the chat on the Hilton beach?? Waiting for the dive boat? ???

I think when they step off the boat at the Hilton they hit the ground running.

Chateau, can you help with shadow time here?

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2013, 09:40:14 PM »
Why I think the Roadblock is on Motu Tapu:

The jetty landing is on the east side (Bates' side). The empty beach on the island is on the west side (everyone else's side). I'm not sure why Bates is on a different side from everyone else (went to pick up his bag or lifevest?), but three of them seem to be coming from the non-jetty side of the island towards Phil.

Edited: This leg is probably 5km from start to finish.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 09:44:15 PM by Neobie »

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2013, 09:47:10 PM »

No, that record will always go to Season 13, Leg 7 (IT BETTER STAY THAT WAY!)

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2013, 09:53:24 PM »
This leg beats the Delhi-Delhi leg by miles. (Literally!)

Just a single leg of that... leg, say from the paint Roadblock to the bird hospital, was 12km. The leg total was probably around 45km (I forgot where the Pit Start was.) This leg we have on Bora Bora? Doesn't look like anything more than 5-6km from start to finish.

I sort of wish they'd combined these two legs into a two-hour premiere and a single elimination at the end of it. I don't even care if it means one less episode down the road! Leg One was waaaay too short task-wise, and Leg Two seems to be there as an addendum to Leg One...
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 09:56:42 PM by Neobie »

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2013, 10:31:19 PM »
BTW, does anybody notice in this pic that Wynona has what it looks like a clue in her right hand?

"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez