Author Topic: TAR 22 Ep 1 East Coast SHOW updates and commentary **Please read the rules**  (Read 39172 times)

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 22 Ep 1 East Coast SHOW updates and commentary **Please read the rules**
« Reply #100 on: February 17, 2013, 08:08:19 PM »
We could see Dave walking to the mat in the end of the Promo , while Bates and Battaglia were already checked-in. So we know those teams were neck an neck
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
Re: TAR 22 Ep 1 East Coast SHOW updates and commentary **Please read the rules**
« Reply #101 on: February 17, 2013, 08:08:39 PM »
Yeay at Chuck saying the first title quote :hrt: :hrt: :hrt: :hrt:
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #102 on: February 17, 2013, 08:09:43 PM »
Btw, I would've very much preferred a season preview at the end. Oh well.

THIS.

Double THIS.
:luvya: (300th post trail mark) :luvya:
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

MrDeerShank

« Reply #104 on: February 17, 2013, 08:10:48 PM »

THIS.

Double THIS.

Oh well, looks like we're only getting clues from our intros this season :(

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #105 on: February 17, 2013, 08:11:00 PM »
I like a next episode preview better  :lol3:
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #106 on: February 17, 2013, 08:11:01 PM »

We kind of have one already!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #107 on: February 17, 2013, 08:12:23 PM »
I like a next episode preview better  :lol3:
This!
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline Bwils927

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Boston Strong
« Reply #108 on: February 17, 2013, 08:12:54 PM »
Max and Katie seem like losers. I can handle her, but he looks like a guy who was bullied as a kid and that has turned him into a douchey smartass who takes his revenge on anyone, I hope they don't last long.
"Perception is not reality. Reality is reality!" - Erik Cardona

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #109 on: February 17, 2013, 08:15:08 PM »
Naw, all you Max & Katie haters just don't know what entertainment is :lol:

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #110 on: February 17, 2013, 08:16:07 PM »
Max and Katie seem like losers. I can handle her, but he looks like a guy who was bullied as a kid and that has turned him into a douchey smartass who takes his revenge on anyone, I hope they don't last long.

chill out! i love how they know they're losers <333 that was such a good plan to conjure the other teams into quitting the rb and battling it out on the canoes, genius i tell you, GENIUS!

Offline Bwils927

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Boston Strong
« Reply #111 on: February 17, 2013, 08:17:49 PM »
Well i understand they know there losers, and that's why I don't like them, I dont think its funny I think it's true and I will enjoy the show more with them out :)

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #112 on: February 17, 2013, 08:18:48 PM »
I'm just going to express again that I hate luck tasks, especially with Bates and Anthony checking in 2nd after like searching 2 sandcastles. I don't blame the task for Matt and Daniel's elimination, since they were too arrogant with the boat task.

I'm shocked they all took the penalty. If I was racing, I would have not agreed to take the penalty hoping that I have kept good track at which sandcastles I knocked down, but then again, I wasn't out there for 3 hours either.

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #113 on: February 17, 2013, 08:19:27 PM »
IKR oval! they're just being entertaining! and i dont get the hate on the asians as well, they seem like lota of fun as well <3

the only team that should be hated is the doctors, they're so negative and used the other teams as an excuse for their ignorance ew

Offline Bwils927

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Boston Strong
« Reply #114 on: February 17, 2013, 08:20:56 PM »
Jimmer as soon as i heard the canoe comment i was like there out lol. But I think it was more confident than arrogant, especially it being a confessional and not on scene. But ya i heard that and just went NNOOOOOOOOOO

Offline Bwils927

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Boston Strong
« Reply #115 on: February 17, 2013, 08:22:57 PM »
I don't hate Pam and Winnie, I don't know why anyone would. I also don't YET see how exciting they are.

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #116 on: February 17, 2013, 08:25:42 PM »
@RachelLaVega That's exactly what I would have done too! I would have also laughed so hard if Max and Katie were eliminated after it was their idea for making the pact.

Offline Bwils927

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Boston Strong
« Reply #117 on: February 17, 2013, 08:26:08 PM »
Well unless theres a bull**** hours of operation we can all come to the conclusion that Max and Katie or Country Girls are going home next

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #118 on: February 17, 2013, 08:31:15 PM »
@RachelLaVega That's exactly what I would have done too! I would have also laughed so hard if Max and Katie were eliminated after it was their idea for making the pact.
I am 99.99999% sure even if the Gutsy Grannies (Peggy & Claire) were in this season and didn't quit the sand Roadblock, they would have gotten 9th.

And that other 0.00001%... Kisha will kick me. :lol:
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline couchracer

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #119 on: February 17, 2013, 09:16:08 PM »
I wonder if anyone got severe sunburn.

Offline Bwils927

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Boston Strong
« Reply #120 on: February 17, 2013, 09:20:45 PM »
cant be as bad as Cochran's sunburn  :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

MrDeerShank

« Reply #121 on: February 17, 2013, 09:21:51 PM »
cant be as bad as Cochran's sunburn  :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

My thoughts EXACTLY :lol:

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #122 on: February 17, 2013, 09:37:03 PM »
Random notes from episode one:

In getting ready to send the teams off, Phil reprises a phrasology from the first season I haven't heard him use since. ("Most of the teams will be eliminated...but the team that reaches the finish line first will win The Amazing Race and $1 million") (Check Phil's narration over the opening credits of that season)

Clearly some new places are in the opening credits, as well as images of places and people we've seen since the show switched to HD.

Two extreme roadblocks in the first leg. I crewed on a hot air balloon flight where skydivers jumped out, but I've not heard of the use of helicopters for civilian use in skydiving. Note that the team member were in tandem with a trained jumper, so we can assume that team members had safety instruction prior to going up. But still.....the fifth team to arrive at that roadblock got the short end of the stick....as they had to wait for teams from the second flight out of LAX to get to Bora Bora.

The decision of the last three teams to quit and take their chances on who would get to the pit stop first was risky but understandable. That was one hell of a roadblock. Requiring the teams to replace the sandcastles as they checked them certainly made the task much more difficult for the trailing teams. I have to question why teams started right at the closest end and not scatter themselves at different points along the lines of sand castles. I can see why it was taking teams 4 hours and still not finish with the replacement requirement. Could it be any more random?
-- theschnauzers

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #123 on: February 17, 2013, 09:49:44 PM »
But still.....the fifth team to arrive at that roadblock got the short end of the stick....as they had to wait for teams from the second flight out of LAX to get to Bora Bora.

Chuck was able to go on the helicopter by himself and not wait for the second flight. If you look at the sign up sheet, there was only one slot for the 3rd helicopter.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #124 on: February 17, 2013, 09:54:34 PM »
Everyone please refresh yourselves on the rules. This thread is for THIS epiosde only, and FUTURE Episode info must NOT BE discussed here.

Thanks!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.