Author Topic: TAR 22 Ep 1 "Business in the Front, Party in the Back"  (Read 11105 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
TAR 22 Ep 1 "Business in the Front, Party in the Back"
« on: February 06, 2013, 08:47:51 AM »

This season, which marks the 22nd race around the world for series, Teams will travel more than 30,000 miles, over five continents and through nine countries as they skydive from 10,000 feet in Bora Bora, participate in a Shemozzle race in New Zealand, hunt for scorpions with the Bushmen of Botswana and scale the treacherous north face of the Eiger Mountain in Switzerland. This season’s diverse cast includes twin brothers who are both OB/GYNs, father/son cancer survivors, Southern firefighters, roller derby moms and female country singers. THE AMAZING RACE, premiers Sunday, Feb. 17 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network .
via CBS release

Phil confirmed to TV Guide that the "Double Your Money" twist will NOT return to TAR22:
http://www.tvguide.com/News/Amazing-Race-Finale-Phil-Keoghan-1057395.aspx
What can you tell us about next season? Is the $1 million bonus going to be back?
Keoghan:
  No $1 million bonus for next season. We just wrapped filming this installment and all I can tell you is that I've lost between 10-15 pounds on this edition, and all I want for Christmas is a bed and a long nap!

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/01/23/amazing-race-22-new-cast/
Sitcom star Lisa Whelchel and former baseball MVP Jeff Kent may not be appearing, but The Amazing Race will trot out a few semi-celebrities of its own when the 22nd season of the reality hit premieres Feb. 17 on CBS. And the teams will have a new twist to contend with at the very start.
Headlining the cast are Jennifer Kuhle and Caroline Cutbirth of the country band Stealing Angels. Kuhle is the granddaughter of John Wayne while Cutbirth is a direct descendant of Daniel Boone. They will be competing against former NHL player Bates Battaglia and his brother Anthony, as well as YouTube channel hosts Joey Graceffa and Meghan Camarena. Also among the 11 new teams of two competing is a pair of twin doctors, two roller derby moms, and a father and son who both have survived cancer. (The full cast list is below.)
Teams this season will travel over 30,000 miles through nine countries on five different continents. Along the way they will, according to CBS, “skydive from 10,000 feet in Bora Bora, participate in a Shemozzle race in New Zealand, hunt for scorpions with the Bushmen of Botswana and scale the treacherous north face of the Eiger Mountain in Switzerland.”
They also will have a new twist thrown at them. While in the past the first team to arrive at the initial Pit Stop has earned an Express Pass that allows them to skip any task of their choosing, the team that arrives before all others at this season’s first Pit Stop will receive two Express Passes — one to keep for themselves and another one that must be given to another team of their choosing before the end of the fourth leg. It has the power of making one other team very happy, and several others unhappy over not receiving it.

TITLE find thanks to ovalorange!

Episode Title is up!

ELEVEN TEAMS EMBARK ON A SPRINT AROUND THE GLOBE FOR $1 MILLION, ON THE 22ND SEASON PREMIERE OF “THE AMAZING RACE,” SUNDAY, FEB. 17

CHEAT TWEET: In an #AmazingRace 1st, 3 Teams throw N the towel at the season’s 1st Roadblock! New season begins Sun 2/17 8pmET/PT http://bit.ly/V56nTv

“Business in the Front, Party in the Back” – Teams arrive in paradise where they find themselves skydiving from 10,000 feet in Bora Bora, and in an AMAZING RACE first, three teams throw in the towel during the first sweltering Roadblock of the season, on the 22nd season premiere of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, Feb. 17 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.  Emmy Award nominee Phil Keoghan (@philkeoghan) is the host.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 02:56:17 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 22 Ep 1 "The Start"
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 08:48:06 AM »
See this thread for all the previews and press pics!

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,28393.75.html
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 11:54:08 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 08:53:32 AM »
Leg 1 (Los Angeles, USA → Bora Bora, French Polynesia )

Filmed13-14 Nov
BroadcastUnknown

ROUTE INFOGriffith Observatory, Los Angeles, California

ROUTE INFOLos Angeles International Airport (LAX) to Bora Bora Airport (BOB)
FLIGHTSUnknown

ROUTE INFOUnknown
ROADBLOCKInvolves skydiving.

ROUTE INFOUnknown
ROADBLOCKSearch through hundreds of sandcastles.

ROUTE INFOUnknown
TASKAssemble a Polynesian outrigger.

PIT STOPUnknown

Safe

At Risk

EliminatedUnknown

« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 03:11:10 PM by Dom »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 08:55:16 AM »
Press pics:

All photos courtesy of Robert Voets/Monty Brinton/CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

"The Start" -- Starting at the iconic Griffith Observatory in Los Angeles, 11 teams race to their Ford Fusions where they will watch a video clue which leads them to their first destination onTHE AMAZING RACE, premiering Sunday, Feb. 17 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Pictured L-R: Host Phil Keoghan, Caroline and Jennifer, Anthony and Bates, Chuck and Wynona, Mona and Beth, Max, David, Jess, Katie, Connor, John, Jamil, Pam and Winnie, Idries, Matt Photo: Robert Voets/CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc.

"The Start" --Starting at the iconic Griffith Observatory in Los Angeles, 11 teams race to their Ford Fusions where they will watch a video clue which leads them to their first destination onTHE AMAZING RACE, premiering Sunday, Feb. 17 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Pictured L-R: Matt, John, Connor, Jess, Pam, David, Winnie, Jamil, Caroline, Meghan, Jennifer, Beth, Anthony, Max, Katie, Bates, and Chuck Photo: Monty Brinton/CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc.

"The Start" -- In this Road Block, John (left) must sky dive 10,000 feet from a helicopter while Jess (right) takes a water taxi to meet him at the landing zone in order to receive the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE, premiering Sunday, Feb. 17 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: Robert Voets/CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc.

"The Start" -- In this Road Block, Chuck (left) must sky dive 10,000 feet from a helicopter while his wife Wynona takes a water taxi to meet him at the landing zone in order to receive the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE, premiering Sunday, Feb. 17 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: Robert Voets/CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc.

"The Start" -- In this Road Block, Anthony (left) must sky dive 10,000 feet from a helicopter while his brother Bates takes a water taxi to meet him at the landing zone in order to receive the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE, premiering Sunday, Feb. 17 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: Robert Voets/CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc.

"The Start" -- After sky diving 10,000 feet from a helicopter, Jennifer (left) and Caroline (right) take a water taxi to Eden Beach in Bora Bora to receive the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE, premiering Sunday, Feb. 17 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: Robert Voets/CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc

"The Start" -- In the Road Block, teams must search hundreds of sand castles in order to find the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE, premiering Sunday, Feb. 17 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Pictured L-R: Dan, Wynona, David, Jennifer, Katie, Pam, and Idries Photo: Robert Voets/CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc.

"The Start" -- In the Road Block, Twin doctor Idries (pictured) must search hundreds of sand castles in order to find the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE, premiering Sunday, Feb. 17 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: Robert Voets/CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc.

"The Start" -- In the Road Block, Katie must search hundreds of sand castles in order to find the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE, premiering Sunday, Feb. 17 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: Robert Voets/CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc.

"The Start" --In this Active Route Marker, Father/Son team David (left) and Connor (right) must assemble a Polynesian outrigger canoe then paddle down the shore line until they reach the Pit Stop on THE AMAZING RACE, premiering Sunday, Feb. 17 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: Robert Voets/CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc

"The Start" --In this Active Route Marker, Roller derby moms Mona (left) and Beth (right) must assemble a Polynesian outrigger canoe then paddle down the shore line until they reach the Pit Stop on THE AMAZING RACE, premiering Sunday, Feb. 17 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: Robert Voets/CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc.

"The Start" --In this Active Route Marker, YouTube hosts Joey (left) and Meghan (right) must assemble a Polynesian outrigger canoe then paddle down the shore line until they reach the Pit Stop on THE AMAZING RACE, premiering Sunday, Feb. 17 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: Robert Voets/CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc

Discussion here:
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,28393.msg838584.html#msg838584

« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 12:22:12 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2013, 08:55:31 AM »
saved
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2013, 08:55:45 AM »
Alright! Let's get started here, shall we?
Last season's maps are complete and can be found here.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 03:31:00 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
Re: TAR 22 Ep 1 "Business in the Front, Party in the Back"
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2013, 09:50:26 AM »
@carolinecutbirth
carolinecutbirth

2/13/2013

"From Episode 1:BORA BORA- tune in this Sunday to see it all unfold- so dramatic! @jenniferwayne"

5 Comments

#CBS #AMAZINGRACE #carolineandjen
@carolinecutbirth - about 18 hours ago

Yaya! @Caitking and I are excited to see you two hot mommas go after it! #blondes representing! :))
@brittfletch - about 13 hours ago

Ha crap Cait always forget the dad gum 7 ;) @Caitking7
@brittfletch - about 13 hours ago

Yay good luck!
@caitking7 - about 13 hours ago

@brittfletch @caitking7 thanks my fellow lovely blonde ladies!!! Xoxo
@carolinecutbirth - about 13 hours ago

TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2013, 10:05:25 AM »

LEG 1 Press Pics :

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2013, 10:43:12 AM »

@JoeyGraceffa

2013-02-12

"LOL! @stawburry17 WHY DIDN'T U TELL ME I HAD SAND MUSTACHE! Amazing Race"

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2013, 03:51:15 PM »

Here's the official website of Aqua Safari Bora Bora:
http://www.aquasafaribora.com/anglais/indexen.php

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/35WPyIQroQ4?hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/35WPyIQroQ4?hl</a>

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2013, 03:58:15 PM »
BANZAI is in the house!! :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2013, 03:59:04 PM »
 :tu for the beautiful caps Alenaveda!!  :wohoo:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2013, 04:14:47 PM »
Check out the first look at season 22 of 'The Amazing Race' -- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/02/14/amazing-race-season-22-video/

It's sneak peek video!

I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2013, 05:45:01 PM »
Meghan down?
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Pangooboy

• RFF Not So Newbie
    • weheartit
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2013, 06:13:30 PM »
Meghan down?

LOL totally! I love the race start falls <3
Charla&Mirna / Weaver family / Dustin&Kandice / Vanessa&Ralph <3

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2013, 03:00:16 AM »
Is Meghan whose Van Munster meant? :ascared

Van Munster adds that one competitor actually got hurt just before the first leg of the competition got under way at Griffith Observatory in Los Angeles. "Unfortunately, she doesn’t even know what's coming," he says. "This is nothing. We're in Los Angeles, America. We have medics. This is all good."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/amazing-race-season-22-preview-421778
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2013, 11:54:39 AM »
I thought perhaps Wynona because didn't Chateau say she needed an ice pack and medic at LAX due to a sprained ankle? Hmmmm...
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

MrDeerShank

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2013, 12:20:03 PM »
Reading it too, it suggests that it happened BEFORE the leg began, so unless they don't count the Starting Line as the start of the leg, I think it could be assumed that Meghan falling down is not necessarily what is being described - I don't know, just a bit of speculation

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2013, 01:30:35 PM »
My guess is Wynona....
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2013, 02:17:55 PM »
My guess is Wynona....

Yes, Joey & Meghan were skipping right along at LAX.  From the looks of the above freeze frame I would guess her wrists were the most likely site of injury followed by abrasions to her palms.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Pangooboy

• RFF Not So Newbie
    • weheartit
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2013, 08:22:36 PM »
Amazing premiere, the express pass twist is amazing, add so much for the show, everyone being so strategic already.

Best team:Newlyweds: their so amazing, I feel like I was watching survivor, seryously? Convincing two teams to quit so they could outwin them? Wow! that was big. Without mention that they are super poisonous in their comments. Fav team so far <3

The entire cast was good though... The only thing that botter me was the fact that like most of premieres, this episode was too rushed.
Charla&Mirna / Weaver family / Dustin&Kandice / Vanessa&Ralph <3

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2013, 09:43:45 AM »
One of the best premiers in a while <3
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2013, 08:32:44 AM »
Definitely more memorable than last season. I can't remember even the first team eliminated from last season. Misa and Maiya? Or... Rob and Sheila? I needed to think really hard. :lol3:

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2013, 11:54:42 AM »
Most of our photo analysis can be found here:

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,28393.75.html
RFF's Golden Rule: