Author Topic: TAR 22: Joey Graceffa & Meghan Camarena "Friends/YouTube Hosts"  (Read 122166 times)

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
Re: TAR 22: Joey Graceffa & Meghan Camarena "Friends/YouTube Hosts"
« Reply #200 on: May 06, 2013, 05:25:12 PM »
The people on Facebook sure don't like Max & Katie either.

Then again, they don't watch the Behind the Scenes Clips, so they hardly get an accurate view of what the teams are really like. :res:
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #201 on: May 06, 2013, 09:55:08 PM »
I believe some people disliked Meghan & Joey because they have a different mentality than everyone else, they're the first "hipster"-type of team on the race in the same way Kent & Vyxsin were the first team of flamboyant scenesters. Joey's over-the-topness might some people (usually over 25-ish) the wrong way, but they resonate pretty well with the younger generation (at least in the US).
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #202 on: May 07, 2013, 11:16:10 AM »
I got used to it in the end.  :lol3: They are just a fun loving team and I grew to adore it eventually. So much better to watch a positive team than the moms, who were like nothing but competitive and slightly mean/evil towards the end.

Offline BlooperGuy

• RFF Full Member
  • SKRILLEX.....VS.....MOZART!!!!
« Reply #203 on: May 10, 2013, 02:29:30 PM »
I got used to it in the end.  :lol3: They are just a fun loving team and I grew to adore it eventually. So much better to watch a positive team than the moms, who were like nothing but competitive and slightly mean/evil towards the end.
True. Joey and Meghan were somewhat childish, but at least they weren't acting all cutthroat and bickery.

Offline couchracer

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #204 on: May 11, 2013, 05:28:59 PM »
I am way way over 25 and I found them enjoyable, occasionally annoying, to watch.
 I actually thought the hockey guys were kind of boring.

Offline WinTar

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #205 on: May 28, 2013, 11:15:02 PM »
For all fans, Joey & Meghan were nominated "Best Dynamic Duo" in the CBS Fan Awards!

They're currently in the lead! :conf:

Offline BlooperGuy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #206 on: May 28, 2013, 11:38:17 PM »
For all fans, Joey & Meghan were nominated "Best Dynamic Duo" in the CBS Fan Awards!

They're currently in the lead! :conf:
This scares me somewhat... :crazy: :iok:

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #207 on: May 29, 2013, 12:05:03 AM »
I agree. Who else is there?

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #208 on: May 29, 2013, 08:39:22 AM »
I agree. Who else is there?

Korean dancing dude and a weird bunch of twins I think...

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #209 on: May 29, 2013, 02:15:17 PM »
Most dynamic duo... oh no, that means CBS likes them. :groan:

laimis

« Reply #210 on: May 29, 2013, 03:38:06 PM »
They really worked together very well, they didn't argue, did everything correctly, I don't know why they shouldn't be nominated for this category :)

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #211 on: May 29, 2013, 04:10:05 PM »
I agree , they did pretty well on their Detours , which shows good teamwork.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #212 on: May 29, 2013, 05:38:26 PM »

Most dynamic duo... oh no, that means CBS likes them. :groan:

:groan: :res: :tantrum

Offline BlooperGuy

• RFF Full Member

Offline BlooperGuy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #214 on: May 29, 2013, 06:01:32 PM »
They really worked together very well, they didn't argue, did everything correctly, I don't know why they shouldn't be nominated for this category :)
I do. They were annoying. VERY annoying. They whined constantly. They were friends with the wrong people (mean moms and possible dominants).  Not to mention that Joey had a terrible fashion sense. I mean, leggings? Seriously? Sorry, but they just don't deserve that title.   

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #215 on: May 29, 2013, 06:28:41 PM »
I agree , they did pretty well on their Detours , which shows good teamwork.

Leg 2 in first place <333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #216 on: May 29, 2013, 06:29:44 PM »
I do. They were annoying. VERY annoying. They whined constantly. They were friends with the wrong people (mean moms and possible dominants).  Not to mention that Joey had a terrible fashion sense. I mean, leggings? Seriously? Sorry, but they just don't deserve that title.   

You can say so, but lovers will still love'em. That's why life is so beautiful. <3

laimis

« Reply #217 on: May 29, 2013, 06:30:03 PM »

what does fashion sense have to with dynamic duo? :lol: And I didn't ever hear them whining, except when Joey had to touch a scorpion, so that means constantly? Btw Max&Katie weren't mean and the moms were mean? Just look the insider videos and rewatch all the episodes, and notice how Max&Katie blathered about Joey&Meghan almost all the time.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #218 on: May 29, 2013, 06:30:37 PM »
I do. They were annoying. VERY annoying. They whined constantly. They were friends with the wrong people (mean moms[/i] and possible dominants).  Not to mention that Joey had a terrible fashion sense. I mean, leggings? Seriously? Sorry, but they just don't deserve that title.

I'm sorry, how in the world are Mona and Beth mean? They were a little bit Under the Radar, but they weren't mean at all. And plus, fashion sense does not determine your racing ability, and their "whining" is mainly Joey being all excited.

laimis

« Reply #219 on: May 29, 2013, 06:31:48 PM »

You can say so, but lovers will still love'em. That's why life is so beautiful. <3

<33 lvu

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #220 on: May 29, 2013, 06:32:53 PM »
luyva too, Laimis <3

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #221 on: May 29, 2013, 07:04:17 PM »
Yay for them! I liked them! :hrt:

Offline BlooperGuy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #222 on: May 29, 2013, 08:09:28 PM »

what does fashion sense have to with dynamic duo? :lol: And I didn't ever hear them whining, except when Joey had to touch a scorpion, so that means constantly? Btw Max&Katie weren't mean and the moms were mean? Just look the insider videos and rewatch all the episodes, and notice how Max&Katie blathered about Joey&Meghan almost all the time.
1) The fashion sense thing was just a minor quibble of mine.  It wasn't meant to be taken as a major point.
2) Ok. Maybe the moms weren't mean, but they were definitely overly competitive and somewhat negative. Also, you're talking to a Maxie fan here. :luvya: To be honest, no one on the race liked Joey and Megan besides the derbies.
3) By now, I pretty much figured out you're a big fan. You were probably oblivious to their whining, but I heard it all. They whined about Max when he said J&J's decision was quite stupid, they whined about being U-turned (anyone would, though), they whined about not being ahead when they thought so ect.   

Anyway I'm done with this debate. My point was to address the main reasons I, and frankly other non-Joey and Megan fans, don't like them. Nuff said. :lol:

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #223 on: May 29, 2013, 08:13:48 PM »
YAY A MAXIE FAN <3

But TBH, the whining was mainly in Vietnam. :lol3:

Offline themikko95

• RFF Full Member
  • Kym/Alli for the win!
« Reply #224 on: May 29, 2013, 09:15:05 PM »
 :keeta: good for them, I guess.
Dustin/Kandice, Jaime/Cara and Pam/Winnie = goddesses!