Author Topic: TAR 22: Joey Graceffa & Meghan Camarena "Friends/YouTube Hosts"  (Read 122122 times)

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
Re: TAR 22: Joey Graceffa & Meghan Camarena "Friends/YouTube Hosts"
« Reply #150 on: April 29, 2013, 05:09:46 PM »
I have never been so happy to see a team go home (aside from Dave/Connor  :smoke). The meltdowns their fans are having are giving me so much life right now. On the other note, I'm proud that these guys made it this far.  :)

:lol:
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

laimis

« Reply #151 on: April 29, 2013, 05:11:58 PM »
what the fudge can the haterz stop coming here

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #152 on: April 29, 2013, 05:18:29 PM »
I think haterz is a strong word, Laimis. It's just exactly like when you don't like one or two teams in a season, and it's Joey & Meghan that fill that position for me.

I think it's just funny to see their fans--not RFF fans, obviously--to say something, "Goodbye, TAR, you lost half of your viewers." or something like that. It's just... I don't know.

Anyway, to be honest, just like what other RFF said, if the production teams are smart, I think they're gonna be back for All-Stars, even though I didn't like it.
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

laimis

« Reply #153 on: April 29, 2013, 05:33:10 PM »
I think haterz is a strong word, Laimis. It's just exactly like when you don't like one or two teams in a season, and it's Joey & Meghan that fill that position for me.

I think it's just funny to see their fans--not RFF fans, obviously--to say something, "Goodbye, TAR, you lost half of your viewers." or something like that. It's just... I don't know.

Anyway, to be honest, just like what other RFF said, if the production teams are smart, I think they're gonna be back for All-Stars, even though I didn't like it.

Yeah, some of those fans takes everything serious, but I'm fan of TAR and I started watching it very long time ago and I think, I won't stop watching this show, anytime , lol :lol: but it's sad that my favorite team will not be in the final :(

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #154 on: April 29, 2013, 06:01:43 PM »
I didn't like Joey's voices at first, but once the others started ganging up on them, I started rooting for these two.

I didn't read any of the spoilers for this season, so once CBS released the TAR22 cast photo, my instincts were telling me that this cast and this season was going to be terrible, and it has turned out to be worse than I could ever imagine.

Even if Joey & Meghan had won, it wouldn't have been enough to salvage an historically terrible season with a rotten and terrible cast.

Thanks to Joey & Meghan for being kind and respectful to the locals, and for being a bright spot in a miserable and wretched season that I consider to be tied for worst season of all-time.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #155 on: April 29, 2013, 06:02:05 PM »
He means I think to reverse Uturn them to prevent anyone else being Uturned, like 21.
He means I think to reverse Uturn them to prevent anyone else being Uturned, like 21.

OH yeeah, in episode9 when trey&lexi used it on james&jaymes ??

:) :) that and that ..

If Maxie wanted Joey&Meghan out in the first place, they could just have done nothing. Joey&Meghan can't use the other U-TURN anyway and they already got u-turned.

In my perspective, them U-TURN Mona&Beth could have saved Joey&Meghan actually, since Mona&Beth had a speed bump to complete and Joey&Meghan didn't

But Maxie probably wanted to save Carol&Jen since they could have fallen behind and be u-turned by Mona&Beth.

I don't think neither team wanted to save anyone, they all just wanted both teams at the back to suffer both Detours. Maxie said they would prefer Joey & Meghan to go out first, but that doesn't mean they actively wanted Mona & Beth to stay.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #156 on: April 29, 2013, 06:50:21 PM »
I didn't like Joey's voices at first, but once the others started ganging up on them, I started rooting for these two.

I didn't read any of the spoilers for this season, so once CBS released the TAR22 cast photo, my instincts were telling me that this cast and this season was going to be terrible, and it has turned out to be worse than I could ever imagine.

Even if Joey & Meghan had won, it wouldn't have been enough to salvage an historically terrible season with a rotten and terrible cast.

Thanks to Joey & Meghan for being kind and respectful to the locals, and for being a bright spot in a miserable and wretched season that I consider to be tied for worst season of all-time.

Funny, I have enjoyed this season a lot! So sorry that you haven't...must be the lackof spoiler fun!! :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline SoYoung

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #157 on: April 29, 2013, 06:58:51 PM »
Team Jumba + Team Youtube on Allstars will double their viewers lol

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #158 on: April 29, 2013, 07:04:18 PM »

CBS.com - Elimination Interview: Joey and Meghan

Posted on Apr 29, 2013 02:50pm

Read what Joey and Meghan had to say about their time in the game in their elimination interview!

Kev W: What was going though your mind when you realized you were going to be eliminated?
Joey: We were obviously really sad but we made it a lot further than either of us expected. We were obviously really proud of ourselves. Making it 10 out of 12 legs isn't bad.
Meghan: The adventure was always worth more than the million dollars to us so going ten legs felt pretty good.

Vincent Y: What have you learned about each other that you did not know about before the race?
Meghan: Joey is way more of an aggressive driver than I am and I'm actually pretty good at reading directions. I never thought that, that would be a strong point for me. And, we definitely know each other's distinct foot odor. We also learned how to trust each other a lot more. In the beginning we second guessed each other sometimes but as it progressed we got a rhythm going.

Celina R: If you could do 1 thing different what would that be? Do you think that would have changed your outcome?
Joey: I think always being super thorough with everything. Even if you think you have the best flight don't settle.
Meghan: Which we had been doing, but this time we didn't and it was our downfall.

Marcos P: Since you got eliminated, who did you want to win the race?
Joey and Meghan: Derby Moms!!!

Maxine B: What's was your favorite part of the race?
Joey: The adventure! Getting to do things and go to countries that we never thought we would be able to do.
Meghan: The surprise of not knowing where we would be going next.

Tim C: Joey and Meghan, how did you manage to keep your great attitudes?
Joey: I think in general both Meghan and I are very positive people and going into the Race our mission was just to have fun and enjoy everywhere we went.

Mira M: Has being on the race had a big influence on your YouTube success?
Meghan: I haven't seen numbers change from being on the Race but we have seen the Youtube community back us up. Everyone has come together and supported us and that has been great.
Joey: Now we get recognized by an older demographic when we are out and about.
Meghan: More Moms and Dads.

Corbyn B: Do you think your alliance overall ended up helping or hurting you in the end?
Joey: I would say that it helped us because I don't think that we would have been able to make it as far as we did without having the support team with us especially with all the teams against us.
Meghan: We were a threat either way. With or without the alliance they would have wanted us out. The alliance just made things better.

"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #159 on: April 29, 2013, 09:10:41 PM »
Some of their fans are hilarious.

I saw quite a few complaining that Bates & Anthony didn't get a penalty like Chuck & Wynona for not transporting the barrels "correctly"

Well err, even if they got a penalty - it would have not have, in any way, saved Joey & Meghan :lol:

Heck, one person called the show "rigged" just for that :res:

But I admit: I hated to see them being all ganged up on... I agree with them/Roller Derby - why do the other teams think it's a good thing to keep Bates & Anthony in? Though, Joey & Meghan/Roller Derby DID align with John & Jessica, who proved as the frontrunners early on this season. It's pretty much a lose-lose situation in my eyes.

Offline Mug Costanza

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #160 on: April 29, 2013, 09:16:43 PM »
90% of people who post about the show on Facebook are idiots.

Wasn't rooting for Joey & Meghan, but anytime a team gets emotional on the mat, I can't help but feel for them. Glad to see they were such good sports about their elimination.
"I defy you to come up with a better name than Seven!"
"Alright... how 'bout Mug? Mug Costanza!"

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #161 on: April 29, 2013, 10:21:22 PM »

Funny, I have enjoyed this season a lot! So sorry that you haven't...must be the lackof spoiler fun!! :lol:

I don't know how much spoiler knowledge beforehand would've altered my opinion of TAR22.

I expected a disaster of a season back in season 16 based on the spoilers, especially the finale spoiler of Jet & Cord and Brent & Caite being delayed at customs, and I still thought that season was FUBAR'd because of that and the U-Turns.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 10:30:00 PM by slayton »

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #162 on: April 29, 2013, 10:26:34 PM »
http://www.tvguide.com/News/Amazing-Race-Joey-Meghan-1064713.aspx

Amazing Race's Joey and Meghan: It's Our Fault for Not Being Thorough
by Joyce Eng

Joey and Meghan have no one to blame but themselves for their Amazing Race elimination. The YouTube hosts failed to check for earlier flights to Scotland and found themselves racing for last against Mona and Beth. Adding insult to injury, both teams were U-Turned, and Joey and Meghan became the first team to be U-Turned twice in a season. "We finally thought that we had gotten ahead, but it was our fault for not being more thorough with the flights," Meghan tells TVGuide.com. So why didn't they double-check? And would they have U-Turned a team as far back as they were?

How far behind Mona and Beth were you?
Joey: We don't actually know. But running up to the mat, I had a feeling that we were last.
Meghan: They were really bad with directions, even worse than we were. There was that little glimmer of hope that maybe we were hot on their trail.

How deflating was it to go from thinking you had a couple hours lead to fighting for last?
Joey: [Laughs] I think it was once we were making the haggis that it really hit us that we were fighting for last place. Up until then, we were like, "Maybe there's another team behind us." There was actually an extra car at the airport — they have an extra in case something is wrong with one — so we were a little hopeful.
Meghan: Coming out of the airport and seeing the cars was the worst feeling ever! We finally thought that we had gotten ahead, but it was our fault for not being more thorough with the flights. We were just so stoked that we got that flight and that the other teams weren't on it that I think that emotion took over us and stopped us from being extra thorough. Beth and Mona had checked online and we asked them if there were earlier flights. And they said, "No, this is the earliest." So we trusted their research. We also asked a bunch of people and they said this was the earliest too.

You clearly didn't ask the right people.
Meghan: Yeah! But it was also 4, 5 o'clock in the morning. We were so tired. We were just relieved to get that flight, so we didn't think things through.
Joey: We did talk to [the other three teams]. They were all, "Congrats on getting an earlier flight." We saw them walking around and looking at other places. Even like 20 minutes later, we saw the blondes roaming around and we were like, "Oh, they still haven't gotten anything."

Once you realized you were in the back, did you think you'd be U-Turned? You guys were so far behind that it was almost guaranteed that either you or Mona and Beth would be eliminated even without the U-Turn.
Meghan: I wasn't surprised they used it. It was very typical of that alliance to U-Turn us. They're looking out for each other. Anything to bring our morale down, they would do it.
Joey: If I were in their shoes, I would've U-Turned just to be safe anyway. Obviously we couldn't U-Turn anyone since we used ours already, but if we still had it and were in the front like they were, I would've used it.
Meghan: I wouldn't have. [Laughs] They were so far ahead.
Joey: But you don't know that when you're racing.
Meghan: I don't know. I'm still a little hurt, Joey! [Laughs]

You guys were U-Turned twice.
Meghan: Yeah! U-Turned twice! That's the worst. ... Good thing we wasted [our U-Turn]. We wouldn't have been able to use it anyway. ... I was hoping that some of them would gain some sense and realize that we're close to the end and should U-Turn the hockey players. Obviously the hockey players got there first, but still. No one did that.
Joey: We would've U-Turned the hockey players. Immediately. They're the strongest.

How much time did you lose at the Roadblock?
Meghan: That was a bummer. It felt like we were 30 minutes behind. I was super-lightheaded. My bagpipes instructor didn't want me to do it until I could hold a note for a solid 30 seconds. I was like, "Dude, I'm running out of energy and muscle strength. Just let me try and we'll see what happens."

I thought you would've made up some time going to the castle since Mona and Beth had a Speed Bump. Did you get lost?
Joey: We got a little lost, but by the time we had gotten out of the Roadblock, it was rush hour, so we had gotten caught in some really bad traffic. That was definitely a setback for us.
Meghan: I forgot about that, but yeah, we hit traffic. And then [Mona and Beth] just destroyed the haggis Detour. They're moms. They can probably change diapers really fast. [Laughs] Changing diapers and filling up haggis are probably very similar!

Then you had to do the barrels. Was it actually faster to roll one barrel at a time?
Joey: Well, what we really did was we each rolled one barrel up halfway. The steep hill was when we both pushed one up at a time, so it wasn't like we were going all the way back to the beginning. I think it did save us some time. ... It still took so long, probably like 40 minutes, and Mona and Beth were halfway done by the time we started. We didn't have any of our gloves on, so my hands were all cut up and frozen by the end of it. It was not fun.
Meghan: The barrels would get caught in the cobblestone and doing them by yourself was really hard. At one point, we tried doing multiple ones and it was just not happening. Those things were heavy! I don't know how the hockey players lifted them up. ... We were covered in haggis. One of the barrels I rolled had horse poop on it. I'm rolling and I'm like, "This smells really bad. Oh, God, it's poop!" And I was pushing it against my body and I was rolling it. It was awful.

You guys remained relatively calm throughout the race, even in Switzerland when you thought you were eliminated.
Joey: Yeah. We always tried to keep our cool and keep a positive attitude about everything.
Meghan: No matter what place we're in, this is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and we're just grateful for the experience. Although it would be great to still be racing, we knew anything could happen, like in Switzerland. We thought we were out and we were safe. That was a lesson in itself.

What else do you have going on besides your videos?
Joey: We're continuing our daily videos. I'm still doing my daily vlogs. Meghan does too. I think both of us are trying to pursue more acting stuff.

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #163 on: April 29, 2013, 10:38:26 PM »
http://social.entertainment.msn.com/tv/blogs/blog--amazing-race-exit-interview-meghan-and-joey

'Amazing Race' exit interview: Meghan and Joey
The YouTube hosts spill on their friction with all the other teams
By Diane Vadino

YouTube stars Joey Graceffa and Meghan Camarena never seemed to find their comfort zone on this season of "The Amazing Race" -- if they weren't beset with navigational problems, they were being U Turned by teams who really should have been focusing their attention on some of their closer competitors. We talked to the pair, who were ousted in Edinburgh's Old Town last night, about the source of their issues with the other teams and swapping spit with Scotland's best bagpipers.

MSN TV: What's it been like watching the season on TV?

Meghan: Mostly it's been really fun because our friends get to watch it with us -- but it's also been kind of sad, watching everyone turn against us on TV. We had no idea what some of the other teams were saying about us!

Joey: We had no idea it was as bad as it was. We were like, Oh my God, what did we do?

Meghan: Especially Katie -- we had no idea she felt that way!

Were you ever confused as to why you were the target of the U Turn, instead of one of the leading teams?

Meghan: We were like, Why not U Turn the hockey players? They're professional athletes! We're on our computers all the time. We're nerds!

Chuck and Wynona specifically told me that they were still mad at you, at their final Pitstop, after you U Turned them.

Joey: We had to U Turn them, to save our own butts.

In the earlier shows, it seemed like you had tons of navigation problems, but you did appear to improve.

Joey: After Switzerland, we asked Mona and Beth how they did it so well -- and they were like, just go into a hotel and ask them to print out directions for you. That was our savior.

Why didn't you look harder than you did for an earlier flight to Edinburgh?

Meghan: The derby moms said they had looked online for available flights and only found this one. We thought for sure it was the best flight. But it was five o'clock in the morning. Exhaustion was taking over. We just weren't at our sharpest.

Meghan, what made the bagpipe challenge so tough?

Meghan: That was freaking impossible. You have to blow so hard into that thing and apply pressure at the same time. [The instructor] wouldn't let me leave until I could hold one note for 30 seconds, but my mouth was getting tired the more we practiced. I finally figured it was better to try than to not try at all.

It looked like you and the instructor shared way more saliva than you should have.

Meghan: You have no idea. He was trying to fix the mouthpiece, and then he'd just stick it in my mouth. I kept thinking, This is for a million dollars. You can do this for a million dollars.

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #164 on: April 29, 2013, 10:46:32 PM »
http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-joey-graceffa-and-meghan-camarena-talk-the-amazing-race-%28part-1%29-14737.php

Exclusive: Joey Graceffa and Meghan Camarena talk 'The Amazing Race' (Part 1)
By Elizabeth Kwiatkowski

Joey Graceffa and Meghan Camarena were eliminated from The Amazing Race during Sunday night's tenth broadcast of the CBS reality competition's 22nd season.

The "Friends and YouTube Hosts" became the sixth team eliminated from the around-the-world competition after they arrived at the Race's ninth Pit Stop at Niddry Street South, a cobblestone alleyway in Edinburgh, Scotland, in last place.

In an exclusive interview with Reality TV World on Monday, Joey and Meghan talked about their The Amazing Race experience. Below is the first half. Check back with Reality TV World on Tuesday for the concluding portion.

Reality TV World: How far behind Mona Egender and Beth Bandimere do you think you finally arrived at the Pit Stop?

Meghan Camarena: We have no idea.

Joey Graceffa: Yeah, there's no way to really even tell out there. But if I had to guess, I would say probably like 30-40 minutes.

Meghan Camarena: You think so?

Joey Graceffa: I don't know.

Meghan Camarena: I really don't know. I wish we could ask [The Amazing Race host Phil Keoghan] and he'd be like, "Oh yeah, you just missed them!" (Laughs)

Reality TV World: What happened with the flight into Edinburgh? Do you have any idea how you might've missed the fact there was an earlier flight that arrived at 10:40AM? Do you think it was a lack of research on your end or what happened there?

Joey Graceffa: Yeah, it was definitely a combination of a lack of research. We got real excited. We just went straight to the airport and everything was closed, so we didn't have an option to like sit on the computer. But we were asking people to use their cell phones because we had met a contact in New Zealand that was a travel agency.

But since it was out of country, the international plans on people's phones would like die out right as we were about to find out information. So we had to wait until like, I think, 5AM to book our tickets. So we just booked the earliest opening airline.

Meghan Camarena: We definitely let our guard down in terms of doing our research. But the "Roller Derby Moms" had checked online for flights and they had told us that this is the only available flight. So we figured our alliance came in handy here because they had done some research on their end.

We had asked a bunch of different airlines and we thought we were pretty safe in securing the flight that we did. And also, mind you, I don't even know how many days we were into the Race, so our senses weren't as sharp as maybe they were on Day 1, and it was like five o'clock in the morning. So we were really excited.

Reality TV World: Would you say that flight time was ultimately the downfall in your Race that led to your elimination or would you blame it on the U-Turn or a combination of things?

Joey Graceffa: No, it was definitely the flight. At that point, we were a few hours behind the other teams, so the U-Turn really didn't make a difference. It just set us up to be against Mona and Beth.

Reality TV World: Meghan, how long did it take you to complete the bagpipes Roadblock task?

Meghan Camarena: I think it took me about 30 minutes. It was unfortunate because I wasn't allowed to leave the room until I was able to hold the note for like 30 seconds, and I was trying so hard, man.

Those bagpipes were definitely a challenge in itself. And I finally got to the point where I was just like, "Well just let me go out there and try, because it doesn't hurt for me to try and maybe I'll get it right." And I ended up getting it, so I wish I maybe would've tried sooner.

Reality TV World: How did you guys decide who would do which Roadblock? Did you just alternate or did you try to determine who would have certain strengths going into a particular task?

Joey Graceffa: Well if it was something physical, I would take it. And if it was something like more easier, then Meghan would take it. But at this point, I had already completed my six Roadblocks, so Meghan had to do this one.

Meghan Camarena: Mhmm.

Reality TV World: Looking back on the two Detour tasks you had to complete, which one do you think was more difficult?

Meghan Camarena: The "Whiskey" one was definitely more challenging. The haggis was, it was a little time consuming, but it definitely wasn't difficult like the whiskey barrels. Those things were heavy!

Reality TV World: Do you have an estimation on how long each of those tasks took you?

Joey Graceffa: I don't know.

Meghan Camarena: No idea.

Joey Graceffa: I lost track of time.

Reality TV World: Were you surprised about being U-Turned or not at all, like how did you envision that playing out?

Joey Graceffa: Well all the teams hated us the entire Race. So we expected to get U-Turned.

Meghan Camarena: I mean, there was a glimmer of hope that maybe [Max Bichler] and [Katie Bichler] or the blondes [Caroline Cutbirth and Jennifer Kuhle] got to the U-Turn board and had like a sense of like, "Hey, maybe we should U-Turn the hockey players [Bates Battaglia and Anthony Battaglia]." But we knew going up to that board that we were going to be U-Turned.

Reality TV World: There obviously was that big alliance against you two and Mona and Beth. They always targeted you guys for the U-Turns and such. So it kind of sounds like you think they had a personal issue with you rather than just a strategic play on their part. Is that accurate to say?

Meghan Camarena: Yeah! That's what it felt like. Because in past episodes or seasons of the Race, people who get U-Turned are the strongest teams. And not to put us down or anything -- we were definitely a strong team and a competitor -- but I mean, out of all of us, like the hockey players are definitely the biggest threat because they're professional athletes.

So it was kind of confusing and really weird to see us keep getting U-Turned. That was our second U-Turn, so it just didn't make sense in our head.

Joey Graceffa: But we had never done anything to the teams, like we were always super nice to everyone. We just wanted to be everyone's friend and...

Meghan Camarena: (Laughs) We can't help it! We knew it was a game and a competition, but it's in our nature to be nice and friendly to people.

Reality TV World: So when you were nice and friendly to the other teams, did it feel awkward in exchange? Did they treat you as if they had a problem with you?

Joey Graceffa: No, they were just like really quiet.

Meghan Camarena: Standoffish. We definitely had to work for it a little.

Joey Graceffa: Yeah.

Reality TV World: You just mentioned how you two probably would've wanted to U-Turn Bates and Anthony if you had the opportunity. Did you ever talk with Mona and Beth, especially during the time when you thought you were in the lead, about whom would be the other team you'd want to U-Turn?

Joey Graceffa: Max and Katie and the hockey players were the strongest teams. I mean, we also like really liked the blondes. They were really nice, but we didn't see them as much of a threat as the other two.

Meghan Camarena: Yeah.

Reality TV World: Max and Katie had mentioned they wanted you guys out of the Race before Mona and Beth although they were going to U-Turn the "Roller Derby Moms" since Bates and Anthony had already opted to U-Turn the both of you. What was your reaction to that comment?

Meghan Camarena: Well we were strong competitors. When we got to Detours and Roadblocks, I'm not kidding you, we tore those things up like it was nobody's business. It was just a matter of us getting to those Roadblocks and getting the right directions. But it was a compliment.

Above is the first half of Joey and Meghan's exclusive interview with Reality TV World. Check back with us on Tuesday for the concluding portion.

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #165 on: April 29, 2013, 10:51:48 PM »
http://www.realitywanted.com/newsitem/6329-the-amazing-race-22-exclusive-interview-with-joey-graceffa-and-meghan-camarena

The Amazing Race 22: Exclusive Interview with Joey Graceffa and Meghan Camarena
Posted on 04/29/2013
by Gina Scarpa

Young, energetic, and entertaining to watch, Joey Graceffa and Meghan Camarena could have been overlooked as a threat on The Amazing Race. Make no mistake, though, these YouTube personalities and close friends came to win. Throughout the race, they formed alliances, took advantage of the U-Turn, and took it hard when their race came to an end this week in Switzerland. We talked to the pair today in an exclusive interview about the friendships, rivalries, and fans they gained during their time on The Amazing Race.

Q. Gina, RealityWanted: Whose idea was it to audition for The Amazing Race?
A. Joey: It was my idea! I love the show, I actually watched it when I was really, really little. I never imagined I would be on The Amazing Race but the time came, I applied, and I thought, "Who better to do it with than Meghan?" She's the adventure girl, she jumps out of planes!
A. Meghan: I think I wet my pants, I was so excited! If I was ever going to do reality tv, The Amazing Race was the only one I'd want to do.

Q. Gina, RealityWanted: You guys have already made names for yourselves on YouTube. What has the fan reaction been like since you've been on the show?
A. Joey: Our fans have been so supportive of the entire thing, especially last night. We got so many tweets from people supporting us after our elimination.
A. Meghan: People were making t-shirts and every Sunday night, we would get hundreds and hundreds of people telling us how excited they were for the race.

Q. Gina, RealityWanted: This season has very much been about alliances. Who were you the closest with?
A. Joey: The derby moms, but I think if John and Jessica had stayed longer, we would've been even closer with them. We freaking love them so much! Thank god for the derby moms or we would've been dead.
A. Meghan: It was so disheartening how all the teams were treating us.

Q. Gina, RealityWanted: When I talked to Chuck and Wynona, they mentioned how they fought with you all season and they weren't rooting for you to win. I didn't realize the issues ran that deep!
A. Joey: There have been many instances where we had a small rivalry with them. In the second episode, we sprinted in front of them to get to the mat. In Vietnam, we U-Turned them.
A. Meghan: We liked them! I think they always felt like we were hot on their trails. We felt bad but it's a race! They took things personally, it was bad. We wouldn't have used the U-Turn if we knew Dave and Connor were out.

Q. Gina, RealityWanted: This week, you and Mona and Beth were convinced you were ahead of the other teams on the flight to Scotland. What made you feel so confident?
A. Joey: We saw them walking around still looking for flights. We thought they were trying to get an earlier flight. We kind of got a little too comfortable and probably should've looked for better flights.
A. Meghan: It felt like things were finally starting to go our way after Berlin. It was our fault.

Q. Gina, RealityWanted: After watching Bates and Anthony roll those whiskey barrels in the Detour, I was amazed and how you tried to move through that task as quickly as possible. It seemed so difficult!
A. Joey: It was definitely really hard. We didn't have any gloves and the ground was wet, cold, and rocky.
A. Meghan: One of my barrels had horse poop on it so that was refreshing!

Q. Gina, RealityWanted: When you arrived at the pit stop, you knew there was a good chance you were going home. Was that tough to handle?
A. Joey: Yeah... I was crying before we even got there. I knew it was over.
A. Meghan: I was pretty hopeful. I was like, "It's not over until Phil says it is!"

Q. Gina, RealityWanted: What's been the best part about being on The Amazing Race?
A. Joey: Just the crazy adventure. These are all things we would never even do. No one gets the chance to do these crazy things, like jump off a building, jet ski like you're in a James Bond movie...
A. Meghan: Racing around the world! When can you ever say that you did that? That's worth way more than the million dollar prize. Someone asked us if we would've quit the race if they offered us a million dollars, and we said no!

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #166 on: April 30, 2013, 12:06:15 AM »
I will miss them.

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #167 on: April 30, 2013, 01:18:59 AM »

Nope! I stay clear from US version spoilers, and I am LOVING this season (sans a certain team)!

Offline WinTar

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #168 on: April 30, 2013, 10:17:14 AM »
Still sad about their elimination.  :gaah:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #169 on: April 30, 2013, 11:59:42 AM »
I can't deny... they grew on me. :(

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #170 on: April 30, 2013, 12:18:39 PM »
ELIMINATION INTERVIEW: JOEY AND MEGHAN
POSTED ON APR 29, 2013 02:50PM

Read what Joey and Meghan had to say about their time in the game in their elimination interview!

Kev W: What was going though your mind when you realized you were going to be eliminated?
Joey: We were obviously really sad but we made it a lot further than either of us expected. We were obviously really proud of ourselves. Making it 10 out of 12 legs isn't bad.
Meghan: The adventure was always worth more than the million dollars to us so going ten legs felt pretty good.

Vincent Y: What have you learned about each other that you did not know about before the race?
Meghan: Joey is way more of an aggressive driver than I am and I'm actually pretty good at reading directions. I never thought that, that would be a strong point for me. And, we definitely know each other's distinct foot odor. We also learned how to trust each other a lot more. In the beginning we second guessed each other sometimes but as it progressed we got a rhythm going.

Celina R: If you could do 1 thing different what would that be? Do you think that would have changed your outcome?
Joey: I think always being super thorough with everything. Even if you think you have the best flight don't settle.
Meghan: Which we had been doing, but this time we didn't and it was our downfall.

Joey: The adventure! Getting to do things and go to countries that we never thought we would be able to do.

Joey: I think in general both Meghan and I are very positive people and going into the Race our mission was just to have fun and enjoy everywhere we went.

Meghan: I haven't seen numbers change from being on the Race but we have seen the Youtube community back us up. Everyone has come together and supported us and that has been great.

Corbyn B: Do you think your alliance overall ended up helping or hurting you in the end?
Joey: I would say that it helped us because I don't think that we would have been able to make it as far as we did without having the support team with us especially with all the teams against us.
Meghan: We were a threat either way. With or without the alliance they would have wanted us out. The alliance just made things better.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #171 on: April 30, 2013, 01:25:44 PM »
I can't deny... they grew on me. :(

Me too. As I was watching this whole episode, I couldn't help but feel bad for Joey & Meghan and Mona & Beth.

There were plenty of opportunities in the previous legs for the other teams to take Bates & Anthony out, but now that opportunity is gone. Yes, I like Bates & Anthony, but after watching this episode, I only feel sorry for what Mona & Beth are now going to have to go through.

Just because Joey & Meghan and Mona & Beth were aligned with John & Jessica early on doesn't mean that U-turning them is justified. While I think the two teams are both stronger than Caroline & Jennifer (in my opinion definitely the weakest team left both physically and strategically), that doesn't mean it wouldn't be wiser to U-turn Bates & Anthony or even Max & Katie.

(But I love Max & Katie and hope they win still.)
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #172 on: April 30, 2013, 04:54:14 PM »
ELIMINATION INTERVIEW: JOEY AND MEGHAN
POSTED ON APR 29, 2013 02:50PM

Yay one of my family members question got picked. :)

Offline sapphirepit

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #173 on: April 30, 2013, 05:31:44 PM »
I just love the enthusiasm they had for the race. I know a lot of people found it annoying or as camera mugging, but seeing Joey and Meghan's excitement when they got 2nd place, hearing about how the Germany leg was the best day of Joey's life (it was an AMAZING leg in my opinion, looked like so much fun), and even watching the bickering they got into which always turned out fine (they did a great job at supporting each other), I think they were an awesome team to watch.

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #174 on: April 30, 2013, 06:46:32 PM »
Declive, can you check this?

CBS.com - Elimination Interview: Joey and Meghan

Posted on Apr 29, 2013 02:50pm

"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez