Author Topic: TAR 22: Chuck & Wynona McCall "Married"  (Read 34226 times)

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 22: Chuck & Wynona McCall "Married"
« Reply #50 on: April 05, 2013, 10:50:26 AM »
+ Gary & Mallory = 6 Kentucky bffl's :lol:

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #51 on: April 05, 2013, 10:51:37 AM »
This team > David & Mary/any other hillbilly team in the past

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #52 on: April 05, 2013, 10:55:21 AM »
No please. David and Mary are the kings of hillbilly. There's no comparison please. Chuck and Wynona are special on their own.

MrDeerShank

« Reply #53 on: April 05, 2013, 11:10:48 AM »
They have to be All Stars with Bopper and Mark. The four Kentucky best friends!  :lol3:

That's funny, they're from Alabama

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #54 on: April 14, 2013, 09:11:27 PM »
Next All Stars please <333

Chuck & Wynona :torche :torche
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline maxen

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #55 on: April 14, 2013, 09:23:56 PM »
I'm glad they're gone.  :knuckles:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #56 on: April 14, 2013, 09:41:43 PM »
I am so proud of Wynona! She kept on going!

And these were REAL people, real reactions. I loved watching them.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline themikko95

• RFF Full Member
  • Kym/Alli for the win!
« Reply #57 on: April 15, 2013, 07:29:25 AM »
Didn't love them, but didn't hate them either. The reason I'm glad they're gone is that I was always confident they'd be sitting in last place most the time and I thought the others felt safe with that (which didn't thrill me). Now, everyone pretty much needs to double the effort to not get last.

Proud of Wynona though, she gave it her all and made it this far. :<3

8 legs into the race? That's something to be proud of!
Dustin/Kandice, Jaime/Cara and Pam/Winnie = goddesses!

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #58 on: April 15, 2013, 08:44:52 PM »
Chuck & Wynona rolled the cheese all the way down. I laughed since they seem to enjoy it. :lol:

:hrt: :hrt: :hrt: Chuck & Wynona
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #59 on: April 15, 2013, 09:27:08 PM »

CBS.com - Elimination Interview: Chuck and Wynona

Posted on Apr 15, 2013 12:05pm

Check out what Wynona and Chuck had to say about their time in the Race in their elimination interview!

Rafferty L: What was it like to struggle up that hill?
Chuck: I was frustrated on the hill because I have actually been in the cold before. I didn't mind it that much. I think the struggle was for Wynona because she does not like the cold. Once she gets cold everything gets ten times harder.
Wynona: For me, the struggle getting up the hill was hard because it was very snowy and icy and I had tennis shoes on. I was cold - my feet were cold, my hands were cold. We had just run like a mile to get there and it was hard. We were tired, cold and it was steep.

Deyanna W: Why did he speak to her in such a rude manner?
Chuck: At this point in the Race we were probably 20 days in and I was just getting frustrated and letting my emotions take over. I really didn't mean to yell at Wynona. I truly do love Wynona and it was just a little frustration. It was just the heat of the competition. I hated to show my ugly side.

Eric M: How much of your 30 minute penalty was left before team YouTube checked in?
Wynona: We are guessing 10 to 15 minutes.

Eryn J: How many hours of sleep would you get on an average night during the race?
Wynona: That would depend on where we were, if we were on an airplane or in a hotel. Maybe 2 - 4 or 2 - 5 hours. We didn't always get sleep.

Jody M: What was the most challenging leg in the race?
Chuck: If you ask me I would have to say Vietnam. We just could not communicate with anyone there. We were kicked out of a couple taxis and the heat was unbelievable.
Wynona: I would say Bora Bora in the water. I was recovering from heatstroke and the current in the water was awful.

Curtis C: If you have the opportunity to return to the Amazing Race, will you take it?
Chuck: In a heartbeat. Most certainly.
Wynona: Absolutely. Now we know what to pack, when to sleep and what to do. Absolutely.

Donna B: What was the scariest thing that you experienced on the race, and what was the funnest thing?
Wynona: The most fun was probably me running the streets of Vietnam and the scariest was traversing the Eiger.
Chuck: I would have to say the scariest was almost getting eliminated in Vietnam. The most fun or the best thing was sky diving in Bora Bora. You couldn't ask for a pretty place in the world to skydive.

Mandy C: Do you guys have any regrets, & if you could change one thing, would you?
Chuck: No we don't have any regrets. Every part was fabulous. But, it was hard to swallow our penalty and get eliminated.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 05:10:33 PM by Alenaveda »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline bc922

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #60 on: April 16, 2013, 02:21:36 AM »
http://www.tvguide.com/News/Amazing-Race-Chuck-Wynona-1064078.aspx

Amazing Race's Chuck and Wynona: We Were Totally Shocked By the Penalty
by Joyce Eng

It was good news, bad news for Chuck and Wynona McCall on The Amazing Race. After a rough leg in Switzerland, they learned that they were penultimate team to check in — but they incurred a 30-minute penalty for rolling their cheese wheels down the hill instead of using sleds. Unfortunately, Joey and Meghan checked in — trekking 3 miles on foot — before the time was up. "Our smiles turned into frowns when Phil [Keoghan] told us we had a penalty," Chuck tells TVGuide.com. "Thirty minutes is a long time and it just didn't work out for us." How far behind were Joey and Meghan? And what's the real reason Wynona didn't do any Roadblocks earlier in the season? Find out below.

How far behind were Joey and Meghan? You were still on the mat when they showed up.
Wynona: We were there for about 10, 15 minutes. We were just hoping at that point. We were excited when Phil said we were fifth. We were totally shocked by the penalty. It didn't say that you couldn't roll the cheese. It just said to take it down the hill in traditional fashion. We tried to use the sleds, but the cheese kept coming off. It started to roll at one point, so we thought, "Let's just roll it!" We weren't intentionally breaking the rules.
Chuck: When we got into the taxi to go to the Pit Stop, we were told that it was about 3 miles away. Joey and Meghan were already out of our sights. We thought that going by taxi was our best chance, so we spent our last $35 to get a taxi to get there. We made a good move doing that. We passed them running, but that penalty cost us.

You had a very rough leg. You fought, and Wynonna, you had trouble with the Roadblock and getting up the hill. Is it tougher or easier to go out on a bad leg?
Wynona: I don't know. But I think everybody had trouble going up the hill. I might have had more trouble. I don't like snow. ... There were two sections [of the hill]. As we were pulling up, Joey and Meghan were on the second section. They were right in front of us, but they were falling because we were pulling on the rope from the bottom. Everybody's hands were on the rope, so it was tough.

It was hilarious when Chuck used his head to push your butt.
Wynona: [Laughs] Yeah! He was trying everything. But I had tennis shoes on and he had hiking boots. It was really hard and we didn't know what to pack for the Race, so had I packed the proper shoes, I might've been able to climb it faster.
Chuck: Wynona gets in snow and that's it. She freezes up. We don't have too much snow in Alabama! It probably took us 30 minutes to get up. By the time we got to the top, Meghan and Joey were stacking their last cheese.

Did the altitude affect you during the Roadblock?
Wynona: I wasn't feeling it too much then. I was trying not to look down and just get around the mountain. But when you walked out, you were just on a ledge and I'm short, so if you weren't high enough, you couldn't unhook the hook. I had to go back and go up a little bit to unhook the hook and move around to the next section. I was probably out there for 10 minutes and everyone was faster.
Chuck: Katie did it first and she basically ran back around and was like, "Wynona, it's easy. You'll get it done." If we didn't hold up Meghan and Joey, we probably would've been the only ones left.

Were you actually mad that she couldn't get around quickly?
Chuck: No. It was just hard pacing on the sidelines, waiting for her, when the person in front of her did it in two minutes. I'm like, "Uh oh. What's going on?" I couldn't see her, so I hoped she was alright. I could hear her, but I couldn't see her and what was going on. It was more nerve-wracking than me being mad.
Wynona: When I snapped back at him, everyone says I'm being negative, but I was really being positive. I kept telling him, "It's not the end until we get to the mat and Phil eliminates us. You never know what's going to happen." And that's exactly what happened until we got the penalty. I was getting frustrated with him, but I was trying to stay focused on racing. I had hurt my leg at the start of the Race, so that's what dragged us down the first few legs. They didn't show that, but that's why Chuck started carrying my backpack and it just became easier for him to carry my backpack.

Was that why you didn't do any Roadblocks until Chuck almost reached his limit?
Wynona: That's exactly why. When we saw it was jumping out of the airplane for the first one, Chuck said, "No, you can't land on your leg. You need to rest." So he did that one. I had to do the next one and luckily it was just the sandcastles. From that point on, we decided to make the best choice to get us to the next leg. My leg was hurting really bad. I couldn't run fast on it. I'm proud I made it through eight legs.
Chuck: We were trying to strategize when we read the clue, but sometimes the clue is misleading. We tried to look for an easier one for her.

How did you injure your leg?
Wynona: Before we even left L.A., we were running up the hill taking pictures and I pulled my right calf muscle. I was passing out, but I sucked it up. I put Icy Hot on it, I was resting it and Chuck was icing it down. I was like, "We're not pulling out. I can't believe this happened." We just kept going and going, and it slowly got a little better by the end.

That's interesting because a lot of fans thought you were lazy and scared of the Roadblocks.
Wynona: [Laughs] Yeah! Everyone thought I was lazy and didn't want to do any Roadblocks, but I was in pain!

Chuck, I'm guessing your mullet kept you warm enough that you didn't need a hat.
Chuck: [Laughs] Yes, it did. They were making fun of me up until that point. I think I was the only one who packed blue jeans. I had worn blue jeans and I didn't even pack a hat. My head stays warm with all my hair.

Would you have shaved it had there been a hair-shaving task?
Wynona: We were joking that he'd let me shave it since I'm a hairdresser.
Chuck: I thought for sure I was going to come home bald. But it didn't happen, so that's good.

What are you up to now?
Chuck: Back to our normal routine. I'm working and Wynonna's dealing with our clients. We've enjoyed our little bit of fame. I work at Wal-Mart, so I'm a little visible there, but the town is really reacting well to us. It's just neat seeing their reaction. They didn't believe real people got on these shows. They thought that [the contestants] were actors, but now they know people who are on it. So we're enjoying our 15 minutes!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #61 on: April 16, 2013, 07:07:04 PM »
The Amazing Race 22: Exclusive Interview with Chuck and Wynona McCall
Posted on 04/16/2013 by Gina in The Amazing Race and Cast Interviews 

by Gina Scarpa

Married couple Chuck and Wynona McCall faced a tough race this season on The Amazing Race. Often battling the threat of elimination, they came through when it counted and made it all the way to the eighth leg in Switzerland. There, they faced a penalty for not reading all of the instructions at a Switchback task, allowing Meghan and Joey to squeak by them. We talked to Chuck and Wynona in an exclusive interview today about the stress of the race, as well as the good times along the way!

Q. Gina, RealityWanted: Whose idea was it to try out for The Amazing Race?

A. Chuck: I actually had a friend of mine, Bobby, who did Survivor a couple years back. He knew we were interested in the race and turned our names in for it. We got some calls, filled out an application, and sent in the video.

Q. Gina, RealityWanted: There are so many stressful aspects to the race. Which was the toughest for you guys?

A. Wynona: I'm gonna say the language barrier was the toughest part for me. If you found someone who spoke English when you needed it, it was so helpful.

A. Chuck: You get jet lagged with the travel. You sleep on airport floors and it takes a toll on you.

Q. Gina, RealityWanted: There have been a good amount of alliances this season. Were you trying to work with others or did you prefer to run alone?

A. Chuck: Well, I think we started out just trying to run our own game. We've seen all these other teams hooking up, talking, and always strategizing. It does help because everyone's talking so we hooked up with Anthony, Bates, Caroline, Jen, and Max, and Katie.

Q. Gina, RealityWanted: When you were U-Turned in Vietnam, what was your reaction?

A. Chuck: At that point, we knew Dave and Connor had an injury. When we got U-Turned, our hearts sunk. We were at the back of the pack, why not go for someone stronger? We were saved by Dave and Connor.

Q. Gina, RealityWanted: Wynona, that Road Block in Switzerland this week was crazy, between the tunnel and then the height of being on that mountain! How did you deal with it?

A. Wynona: It was hard because just going up the mountain was making me dizzy! Going out to traverse the side of the mountain, I didn't focus on how high I was.

A. Chuck: That was tough on Wynona! She's my one climate girl, and she definitely doesn't like the snow.

Q. Gina, RealityWanted: There were times that the two of you argued over things in the race and Wynona, you felt like Chuck was disappointed in you. Do you feel like you handled the stress well or do you wish you had reacted differently at times?

A. Chuck: You know, me and Wynona have been married for 25 years. They played a lot of us fussin' at each other. Our home life isn't quite like that. She's the greatest mother and wife, but we were thrown into a very stressful situation. I tended to blast her.

A. Wynona: I would have to tell him to chill out and to have fun with this. It's an amazing adventure that we've been chosen to go on. I know we want to win the million, but we have to have fun with it too.

Q. Gina, RealityWanted: Since it won't be you crossing the finish line, who are you rooting for?

A. Chuck: It would have to be someone out of our group that we made our alliance with. It won't be Meghan and Joey, we were fighting with them the whole time!

http://www.realitywanted.com/newsitem/6295-the-amazing-race-22-exclusive-interview-with-chuck-and-wynona-mccall
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline coolio

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #62 on: April 16, 2013, 08:59:51 PM »
After doing some research, Chuck and Wynona's friend was none other than Bobby Jon Drinkard, since he lived in Troy Alabama, which isn't far from Mason, AL, where they live.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #63 on: April 17, 2013, 12:20:43 AM »
I can't believe they received a penalty for letting the cheese roll down the hill. That's exactly what teams in Season 14 did without getting any kind of penalty for it.

And Joey & Meghan didn't get a penalty for taking the wrong form of transportation! Did I miss something or are penalties just applied randomly now? :crazy:

I've usually been able to predict penalties in the past, but they don't seem to be very logical these days. :umn:
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #64 on: April 17, 2013, 12:21:50 AM »
I can't believe they received a penalty for letting the cheese roll down the hill. That's exactly what teams in Season 14 did without getting any kind of penalty for it.

And Joey & Meghan didn't get a penalty for taking the wrong form of transportation! Did I miss something or are penalties just applied randomly now? :crazy:

The clue said "to make your way". It didn't say they had to go by taxi.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #65 on: April 17, 2013, 12:24:29 AM »
The clue said "to make your way". It didn't say they had to go by taxi.

Okay. That one makes sense then. I don't understand the other one though.

But regarding their elimination, I think most of us figured it was coming, we just didn't know exactly when. But it's impressive how well they did! They made it almost as far as David & Mary! :wohoo:
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline maf

• RFF TAR Chronicler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #66 on: April 17, 2013, 01:15:05 AM »

I guess production didn't think about it for season 14. But when it happened they realized that having a heavy piece of cheese rolling down the hill is kind of dangerous. So for this season they decided to forbid that part.

The task was also made less dangerous by all the snow which prevented the cheese, and the players, from going very fast.

/MaF

Offline AR FAN

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #67 on: April 17, 2013, 10:17:47 AM »
".. the snow which prevented the cheese, and the players, from going very fast."

/MaF
[/quote]
Oddly amusing.  :)

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #68 on: April 17, 2013, 12:07:11 PM »
I've always loved underdogs in the F3. I wanted them still in, but anyways.

PS: Max & Katie are NOT underdogs. They are a lazy strong team who could be battling the Hockeys for wins and are left in the back.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #69 on: April 17, 2013, 06:53:13 PM »
I've always loved underdogs in the F3. I wanted them still in, but anyways.

PS: Max & Katie are NOT underdogs. They are a lazy strong team who could be battling the Hockeys for wins and are left in the back.

They are saving their energy so that in the Final 3 they can dominate. :lol3:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #70 on: April 18, 2013, 11:16:19 AM »
They nearly Lumelia! :tantrum

HOWEVER, I really think even if they did not roll down the cheese, they would have taken a gazillion years to transport it properly. Meghan and Joey would have checked in anyway.

So close... so close! I'm just so glad that they made it through THREE CONTINENTS and got to feel the hot and cold, the rich and poor and the good and bad. There can only be one winner and their chances are as good as zero going into the race. I bet they most likely will be missing only 3 more European countries... so it's alright! <3

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #71 on: April 18, 2013, 09:19:26 PM »
They nearly Lumelia! :tantrum

HOWEVER, I really think even if they did not roll down the cheese, they would have taken a gazillion years to transport it properly. Meghan and Joey would have checked in anyway.

So close... so close! I'm just so glad that they made it through THREE CONTINENTS and got to feel the hot and cold, the rich and poor and the good and bad. There can only be one winner and their chances are as good as zero going into the race. I bet they most likely will be missing only 3 more European countries... so it's alright! <3

In terms of placements, they weren't Lumelia. Lumelia never made a Top 3 or 4 placement.  :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #72 on: April 20, 2013, 01:56:56 PM »
I'm guessing the editors never mentioned Wynona's injury so that it wouldn't take attention away from Dave & Connor's storyline
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #73 on: April 22, 2013, 05:36:46 PM »
I found this really interesting!

Ryan Danz ‏@RyanDanz 21 Apr
Hey #AmazingRace fans how's this for trivia.. @AbbieGinsberg & I were chuck & wynonas replacement on TAR21 due to family illness issues..

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #74 on: April 22, 2013, 10:11:13 PM »
I found this really interesting!

Ryan Danz ‏@RyanDanz 21 Apr
Hey #AmazingRace fans how's this for trivia.. @AbbieGinsberg & I were chuck & wynonas replacement on TAR21 due to family illness issues..

I wonder how they would have done on TAR 22......