Author Topic: Recruited Teams  (Read 17496 times)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Re: Recruited Teams
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2013, 01:02:31 PM »
And that explains why I grew to love Margie and Luke again after TAR 14 when I did not like them (probably due to editing but whatever, I still like them a hell lot) as much as I adored them on the first leg (even teared when they won the first leg. what a historical moment!).

Such real passion to run the race and appreciative of every opportunity!

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2013, 07:52:47 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but why they recruited teams starting after the first All-Stars? :duno: ???

It was before all-stars. Rob & Amber were definitely the first recruited team, and I read somewhere Charla & Mirna were recruited after Amazing Race production crew posted an ad in a "little person" magazine or something like that.

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2013, 09:07:12 PM »
I think Dustin/Kandice might have been recruited?

Which brings about my point about this near witch hunt. I think the practice of recruiting is indicative of production laziness but the main motivation of production is to bring about an entertaining show, not so much wish fulfillment. I don't think having a team that was recruited makes them any less compelling or entertaining (see: Kisha/Jen, Dustin/Kandice as above, James/Jaymes) or any less compelling, nor do I think it makes their performance any less legitimate. Similarly, a team that applied isn't going to be more entertaining to me just because they were applied *cough*Gary/Will, BJ/Tyler*cough*.

Offline lovetherace

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2013, 09:18:24 PM »
Interesting thread!

Here's my contribution from an interview in December with Josh and Brent:

Reality TV World: How were you cast on The Amazing Race and was it your first time applying for the show?

Josh Kilmer-Purcell: We were actually doing a cookbook signing in LA and we met a woman whose friend watched our show and also was involved with The Amazing Race. And the first words out of Brent's mouth were, "Why aren't we on?!" Because we've been longtime fans. And so shortly after that, we got a call and then we formally applied and went through the application process.

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-josh-kilmer-purcell-and-brent-ridge-discuss-their-the-amazing-race-victory-(part-2)--14181.php

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2013, 09:37:31 PM »
Weren't pageant contestants, like Erika, Nicole, and Christie from TAR5, heavily recruited by the show?

Alison from TAR5 was both a pageant contestant and "Big Brother" alum.

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2013, 10:38:31 PM »
Just like Zev and Justin's audition video, The Globetrotters applied saw their audition video as well and they're not recruited.

Offline Genius

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2013, 09:37:20 AM »
Also I forgot to add, Meghan & Cheyne were finalists for TAR 14 too! We were together a lot during the casting and they had no idea I was deaf :)

I am glad that Meghan and Cheyne were on TAR15 instead. That allowed me to enjoy 2 seasons in a row where I supported the winning team.

Offline banredbeans

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2013, 10:00:36 AM »
I applied to Tar 5,6 and 7. I didn't apply to 8 because kids had to be over 12. I had applied to Survivor 5-11 and made it pretty far a few times. It was because of my season 11 video they called me to apply to Tar 8 because they were lowering the age to 9.

In a way I was recruited too. I have always said if you want to get on TAR or Survivor apply to both since they use a lot of the same casting people.  I even got a call and went to finals for BB4 because of my many applications.

Keep applying and never give up. :conf:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2013, 12:53:18 PM »
If you stay in America.... *jealous* :lol3:

And well, you did apply many many times... that doesn't count as "recruited". If it does, I'm so glad they did... now if only you and Carissa/Billy get invited back for another run..... ;)

Offline banredbeans

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2013, 08:51:42 AM »
I would love for Billy and Carissa to race. Billy has 2 more years in the Air Force and Carissa just turned 17 so maybe in a few years you might see them again.  In fact it would be awesome if they brought back the kids as adults from season 8

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2013, 09:23:46 AM »
I would love for Billy and Carissa to race. Billy has 2 more years in the Air Force and Carissa just turned 17 so maybe in a few years you might see them again.  In fact it would be awesome if they brought back the kids as adults from season 8

THIS. NUMBER #1 FAN. THANKS. Tammy, will they say yes???

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: December 24, 2015, 08:53:18 AM »
Does somebody have more info for the recent seasons? :xmas146

Meanwhile, my contribution here would be Harley & Jonathan since I read in a post-race interview where Jonathan said they were recruited.
There was also an article with Kym & Alli, mainly Kym, being recruits. I'm just not sure which thread the link is. ???

Also, I find it cool that Tammy was in RFF too! :cmas18 I didn't see that coming, plus the fitting username. :cmaslol

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: December 24, 2015, 09:08:37 AM »
Tanner & Josh.

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2015, 09:32:24 AM »
This was almost 3 years ago!
Bring back Billy & Carissa <3
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax