Author Topic: Season 12 Starts Now!  (Read 18409 times)

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
Season 12 Starts Now!
« on: January 16, 2013, 07:10:10 PM »
First impressions?
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Season 12 Starts Now!
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2013, 05:37:59 AM »
I watched it fast tracked in Australia (I like to watch the bad audtions) and it really annoyed me how nikki was saying stuf like "yeah" when the contestants where's auditioning

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2013, 05:18:39 PM »
I watched it fast tracked in Australia (I like to watch the bad audtions) and it really annoyed me how nikki was saying stuf like "yeah" when the contestants where's auditioning

she only did that when that chick was singing super bass lol

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2013, 06:59:06 PM »
I thought the first night was a little boring but I also thought that Nicki and Keith were the more interesting judges.  :)

No one stood out as THAT singer for me. The one to watch. I hope we don't have to watch Mariah and Nicki fight.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 07:04:51 PM by TexasLady »

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2013, 07:03:06 PM »
Hope it gets better!

American Idol

Jan 17 2013 11:12 AM ET

'American Idol' premiere ratings down: 'NCIS' scored more viewers
by James Hibberd

The only real question was: By how much?

Fox’s American Idol returned Wednesday night to its lowest-rated and least-watched regular-season premiere telecast ever (the first season aired during the summer and generally isn’t counted). Idol delivered 17.9 million viewers and a 6.0 adults 18-49 demo rating. That’s down 19 percent from last year’s opener, which was the previous lowest-ever record-holder.

The numbers also mean last night’s Idol premiere will not be the most-watched entertainment show this week — Tuesday’s NCIS had 22.9 million viewers. This is the first time another series was seen by more viewers than Idol during its regular season premiere week.

Fox was braced for worse. Last year Idol was down an unprecedented 24 percent after the network launched The X Factor in the fall. This fall had both X Factor and NBC’s powerful The Voice, so competition show burnout by the time Idol opened seemed likely. Idol still managed to rank as the top-rated singing show premiere this season.

Fox’s American Idol has been largely on a downward trend since 2009 due to the reality mega-hit getting older and facing a broadcast landscape that’s increasingly crowded with singing shows. High-profile new judges Mariah Carey, Nicki Minaj and Keith Urban have made for plenty of fun headlines, but media insiders know they’re sandbags on the levy. Last night I predicted (rather accurately as it turned out) that Idol would return down 18 percent in the adult demo. Oddly enough, the only new judge in American Idol or The X Factor history that ever seemingly outright prevented a premiere ratings decline wasn’t a high-priced diva, but a celebrity lacking any real music industry experience — Ellen DeGeneres in 2010.

Viewers had mixed reactions to the premiere. To some, having the feel-good show focus on Carey vs. Minaj sniping was a turn-off. “If what we can look forward to [this season] is the immature, catty, out of control, ridiculous diva banter/bashing we won’t be tuning in for long,” one reader wrote on my Idol premiere ratings prediction post last night. While EW’s Idol recapper Annie Barrett summarized, “By the second hour of NYC auditions, Nicki had completely taken over the panel — shouting out directions to the contestants and always speaking first. You know, it’s generally fine if someone feels the need to do that. Compared to the autopilot judging on The X Factor and even Idol last season, I am thrilled to have someone in the driver’s seat, and beyond ecstatic that all four judges appeared to be awake and even [gasp!] interested in what was happening. The question is whether millions of American Idol viewers will accept and enjoy that our season 12 chauffeur appears to be rainbow sherbet wig enthusiast.”

Source: http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/01/17/american-idol-premiere-ratings-2/

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2013, 12:15:51 PM »
American Idol... should stop while people remember the good. It's going so bad and downhill. :res:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2013, 12:28:08 PM »
I watched the first 15 minutes. I couldn't get through it. Somebody, when you see good auditions, please just tell me or post it here and I'll see it.

Never liked AI auditions anyway. :res:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2013, 08:39:30 PM »
I can only hope it gets better.   :umn:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2013, 11:03:07 PM »
Mariah can't get pass her DIVA status.

Nicki Manaj can't get pass her childishness.

Randy Jackson is just a boring mess after 12 seasons. Yo dawg, whatsup dawg, you got it to win it dawg, you are boring dawg. I think no dawg.

The only one I think is decent is Keith Urban... but one fresh judge out of 3 hot mess... :gaah:

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2013, 02:00:43 AM »
i'm probably gonna sound bias or whatever but imo its been the most entertaining ever. the way the judges interact with each other and the contestants is hilarious. I thought I would hate Mariah but I love her. cant wait for the big fight <3

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2013, 02:00:50 AM »
Omg this still airs? I stopped watching like after Taylor beat McPhee :x

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2013, 04:40:21 AM »
Omg this still airs? I stopped watching like after Taylor beat McPhee :x

That was one of the worst outcome ever. Taylor ew... McPhee was robbed.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2013, 04:42:15 AM »
i'm probably gonna sound bias or whatever but imo its been the most entertaining ever. the way the judges interact with each other and the contestants is hilarious. I thought I would hate Mariah but I love her. cant wait for the big fight <3

There are certain people who like drama and such (think, racer :lol3:) but I really really just want to watch a decent singing programme and contest, but seems like AI hasn't been fulfilling that simple wish for years. The last decent winner, dates back all the way to Season 7 where David Cook won. And the last successful winner in the long time, was Carrie Underwood.

Offline Alfwin

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2013, 06:02:28 AM »
Honestly, auditions rounds are just a bore to me.Seeing people after people for 1 hour is boring and the judges sometimes are giving the exact came advice to everybody.So I just skip until the live shows where they filter the best of the best for this year.So I don't think I am fit to judge the current season but it does not look very exciting to me.(For the past few years, it ha always been like that.)

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2013, 08:28:01 PM »
The last time I saw an episode was during season 9, so I haven't been exposed to all the new judges. I'll have to catch an episode and see if I like it.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2013, 03:04:07 AM »
No memorable voices this season? :oh

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2013, 07:08:30 AM »
A few girls that are good but no one stands out like WOW! for me.  :umn:

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2013, 06:15:17 PM »
I was looking up sports bet (a betting website) and I found a bet you all might be interested in. Which judge will leave American Idol 1st. Nicki or Mariah?

The favourite is Nicki with $1.65 while Mariah is at $2.30.

This is for the first to leave by being fired by the producers or by quitting voluntarily. In the (unlikely) event that both judges don't leave by the end of the season all bets are void. 

Source : http://www.sportsbet.com.au/betting/tv-specials-abroad?LeftNav

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2013, 11:10:49 PM »
none of them will be fired/quitting before the end thats stupid

anyway i watched episode 3 yesterday and it was so good, the contestants were really good or really funny, the judges were still great and i like them all.

Offline realshowfan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Frantic Fanfic Fanatic!
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2013, 08:37:00 AM »
OMG Matheus from the Glee Project 1 is gonna be in the next episode! :wohoo:
Episode 4 had more decent singers, especially the guy who sang that Bteakthrough Queen song, the woman who got nom'd by her grandma, & Burnell (sorry i couldnt post vids/give specific names, i can't rewatch).
This summer ※ The Amazing Race: ZBC // RSF
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,31363.0.html