Subscribe to the Big Brother Live Feeds

Author Topic: Survivor 26 Press and Media  (Read 2281 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Survivor 26 Press and Media
« on: January 11, 2013, 10:02:35 PM »
This is the place!  :wohoo:
"Our fans are pretty good. They don't give away too much. Sometimes people love dropping spoilers, but our fans are good. They tend to do it in such a way that doesn't ruin it for fans who don't want to know."--Phil Keoghan

Offline thespicdatum

• RFF Jr. Member
Re: Survivor 26 Press and Media
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 11:27:04 PM »
Don't know where to post this. Just an info.

Bikal and Gota (the two tribe names) are places in Caramoan. Gota is the name of the Village resort where Survivor shoots and BIkal I think is a name of a municipality in Caramoan.

Subscribe to the Big Brother Live Feeds

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The original selfie
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 03:39:00 AM »
Awesome news for Australian viewers of Survivor.

Nine will be airing Survivor: Caramoan on Thursdays at 7:30 on Nine's sister channel "GO!". The first episode will air on Valentines day (14/2 :hrt:).

By comparison Survivor is usually aired in a late night time-slot often months behind US airings. (I believe Survivor Philippines finale aired last Tuesday (29/1)

The move will see 9 follow 10 who have a similar arrangement with American Idol 12 (who air the show on their main Channel) and will put pressure on 7 to fast track TAR22.

Source: http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2013/01/airdate-survivor-caramoan-fans-v-favourites.html
TARAU/NZ: (yet to choose)
TARCAN2: Cormac & Nicole, Pierre & Michel, Natalie & Meaghan
BBUS16: Christine, Donny, Nicole, Jocasta

Offline racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Why... Why can't this moment last forevermore!? ♥
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2013, 06:49:10 AM »
That's great news for Australia - it is airing 7.5 - 9.5 hours after the US (depending on daylight savings) which is brilliant!  :hoot: :hoot:
This space is dedicated forevermore to Poland's Next Top Model.

Online Leafsfan

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2013, 05:55:07 PM »
Not sure if this was posted:

http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/survivor_caramoan/2013_Feb_01_shambo-matt-said-no

Two former Survivors rejected invites to return

Two Survivor cast members rejected invitations to return to Survivor Caramoan: Fans vs. Favorites: Survivor Redemption Island’s Matt Elrod, and Survivor Samoa’s Shannon “Shambo” Waters.

Here’s what Jeff Probst told EW:

“There’s two people we wanted back. Matt from Redemption Island we would have been interested in, but he is just done with it. I think it was enough for him. And Shambo has basically said, ‘I never want to do it again.’ We would have loved her as well. But in both cases I think their story is similar in that they don’t want Survivor to define their life and they feel like once was enough. And that’s it.”
Matt, who you may recall for his devout religiosity or his absurd streak of Redemption Island challenges, makes sense as both a personality and player, since he was voted out of the game twice. Considering that a significant number of this season’s returnees/”favorites” are most notable for their personalities, Shambo makes sense.

Probst says the reason they chose Malcolm Freberg and not Lisa Whelchel to return from the most recent season was because Lisa has children, and single type-A men are much more free to play in Probst’s playground. He said,

“Lisa isn’t somebody you would bring back right off the bat. She’s a mom with a personal life. Malcolm is a single guy with no attachments.”
Rip apskip

Map Maker (Just Pm me!)

Offline racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Why... Why can't this moment last forevermore!? ♥
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2013, 08:33:52 AM »
That's an interesting article. Would've been nice if Matt came back and then like got voted out at the first Tribal Council only for Jeff to say, "oh yeah I forgot to tell you that we decided to bring RI back this season..." :lol3:
This space is dedicated forevermore to Poland's Next Top Model.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2013, 11:25:23 AM »
Jeff Probst will be on The Talk today, check your local listing for times!
"Our fans are pretty good. They don't give away too much. Sometimes people love dropping spoilers, but our fans are good. They tend to do it in such a way that doesn't ruin it for fans who don't want to know."--Phil Keoghan

Online Leafsfan

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Rip apskip

Map Maker (Just Pm me!)

Online Leafsfan

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2013, 12:22:34 PM »
Ratings are up  :)
Rip apskip

Map Maker (Just Pm me!)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2013, 01:27:07 PM »
Ratings are up  :)

So post them! TAR beat!! :neener:

Online Leafsfan

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2013, 01:47:17 PM »
Did fans reset their DVRs? CBS’ Survivor ratings increased slightly for the show’s second episode of the season.
TV show viewership typically dips the week after a show’s premiere. But last night’s Survivor made slight gains among its total audience and the 18-49 demo compared to last week’s two-hour opener. Previously, I suggested Survivor‘s ratings downtrend over the years may have been hastened by CBS taking the unusual step of changing the show’s official title for every cycle (so fans with DVRs need to remember to re-program the show twice a year unlike with most other returning shows), a theory that received some pickup.
The rest of CBS’ lineup had notable movements too — both good and bad. Criminal Minds was down a tick from its last original episode two weeks ago to tie its series-low ratings, but CSI rebounded 21 percent from last week’s low.
Otherwise, Wednesday night looked a lot like last week. Survivor‘s big rival, Fox’s American Idol, was down 5 percent and topped the chart. NBC’s lineup struggled. ABC’s comedy block mostly improved slightly.

9.444 million viewers.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/02/21/survivor-ratings-improve-slightly/
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 02:33:22 PM by Leafsfan »
Rip apskip

Map Maker (Just Pm me!)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2013, 07:31:28 PM »
Whoo Boy!!

Brandon banned from the reunion show? Russell threatening Phillip?

http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/survivor_caramoan/2013_May_10_brandon-banned-finale

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2013, 08:58:19 PM »
So much drama </3 can't we ban them all?

Custom Search