Author Topic: S26: Malcolm Freberg (Bikal)  (Read 18826 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
S26: Malcolm Freberg (Bikal)
« on: January 11, 2013, 12:55:13 PM »
Malcolm

Malcolm     

Name (Age): Malcolm Freberg (25) 
Tribe Designation: Bikal
Previous Season: Survivor: Philippines – 15th castaway voted off/8th Jury member
Current Residence: Hermosa Beach, Calif.
Personal Claim to Fame: Once I spent over a month with Abi-Maria Gomes, and I'm still considered legally sane by the state of California.
Inspiration in Life: O.J. Simpson before the murder trial. When he was a kid he had Rickets. For his birthday when he was still young his father took him to a signing to meet Jim Brown and O.J. hobbled right up to him and told him he was going to break all his records which he eventually did. I’m a sucker for underdog stories.
Hobbies: Exercising, writing/reading and partying.
Pet Peeves: Ex-TV stars.
3 Words to Describe You: Charming, brilliant and slightly-less cocky than the last time I did this.
If You Could Have 3 Things on The Island What Would They Be and Why?

1)    Soap - Not for me; for whoever I end up cuddling with at night
2)    Book of puzzles – Your mind is a muscle and needs to be kept in shape.
3)    The Hidden Immunity Idol I never played in the Philippines - Early advantage. Seems obvious.
SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like: This feels like a trick question.
Reason for Being on SURVIVOR: I'm a super-fan of the show. Getting to do it once was incredible. To get a second chance… How could anyone say no?
Why You Think You’ll “Survive” SURVIVOR: Experience plays a huge roll in any situation in life. I made it through 38 days the first time so I have to like my survival odds the second time around. Oh,and I'm also smart, athletic and nice to look at. 
Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: You play the game to win the game. I'm not on Survivor to “have a life-changing experience” or “grow as a person” or “see how far I can make it.” Those things may happen, but that's not the reason I'm out there. The best thing I have going for me is my single-mindedness and focus towards a single goal: a seven-digit bank account.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 03:25:17 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: S26: Malcolm Freberg (Bikal)
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 03:25:29 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/5NJVcPwffyQ" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/5NJVcPwffyQ</a>
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 11:04:57 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline kevin2012

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Gangnam Style!
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 04:33:54 PM »
"Once I spent over a month with Abi-Maria Gomes, and I'm still considered legally sane by the state of California."
LOL  :lol3:
Bring on the 21!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2013, 05:49:32 PM »
Personal Claim to Fame: Once I spent over a month with Abi-Maria Gomes, and I'm still considered legally sane by the state of California.

I wanted to state that too. Too funny Malcolm! Rooting for him this time! I think he has a shot at winning or even in the F3!

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2013, 07:28:54 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/5NJVcPwffyQ" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/5NJVcPwffyQ</a>

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2013, 07:29:23 PM »

I wanted to state that too. Too funny Malcolm! Rooting for him this time! I think he has a shot at winning or even in the F3!

I don't know whether that sentence makes me love him or hate him... a bit of both. :lol:

But yes, he definitely needed to come back to this game... but so did Lisa! :gaah:
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2013, 03:48:01 AM »
<33333 Malcolm please win the game this time.

Offline Genius

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2013, 01:40:35 PM »
Malcolm

Pet Peeves: Ex-TV stars.

Is he taking a stab at Lisa W?  :)

Anyway, he will soon be in that league.  :lol3:

Offline Bwils927

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Boston Strong
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2013, 08:05:04 PM »
I loved this moment:

"Perception is not reality. Reality is reality!" - Erik Cardona

MrDeerShank

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2013, 08:21:29 PM »
<333333333333333

Offline Dunkle Schoko

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2013, 10:07:31 PM »
Laura talked to Dawn, it was her downfall. Corrine talked to Dawn, it was her downfall. Next week Malcom talks to Dawn...

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2013, 10:11:47 PM »
It might be just me, but I really don't like Malcolm this season. Whereas I really liked him in Phillipines... ???

Offline Dunkle Schoko

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2013, 10:29:08 PM »
I like that he is trying to make big moves, it makes for better viewing. But I don't like that his execution is not thorough, it makes for frustrating viewing.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2013, 06:02:51 AM »
Malcolm has just joined Parvati, Rob, Russell, Amanda, Sandra (to name a few) as one of the most memorable and strategic Survivors of all-time. <3

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2013, 06:12:03 AM »
Malcolm has just joined Parvati, Rob, Russell, Amanda, Sandra (to name a few) as one of the most memorable and strategic Survivors of all-time. <3

If he actually makes it to the end, then maybe. If not, then it was just one good move.

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2013, 06:20:47 AM »

If he actually makes it to the end, then maybe. If not, then it was just one good move.

Additionally, it could just be a prolonging move, not a move that can put someone in a position to reach the FTC. If I remember rightly, all of the above that you have mentioned, Joab, have made it to the finals. If Malcolm doesn't, I don't think he should be placed in that league.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2013, 08:48:37 AM »

Additionally, it could just be a prolonging move, not a move that can put someone in a position to reach the FTC. If I remember rightly, all of the above that you have mentioned, Joab, have made it to the finals. If Malcolm doesn't, I don't think he should be placed in that league.

Precisely my point. :tup:

Offline Mug Costanza

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2013, 10:03:56 AM »
I'm not so sure yet, racer. Without Phillip, will Stealth-R-Us remain together even with the cracks in the alliance forming? Without Phillip telling everyone to vote together, will they? If Malcolm can get two weak-willed people to flip (Erik and Sherri, I'm looking at you), then the Three Amigos will have a majority.
"I defy you to come up with a better name than Seven!"
"Alright... how 'bout Mug? Mug Costanza!"

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2013, 11:02:13 AM »
I'm not so sure yet, racer. Without Phillip, will Stealth-R-Us remain together even with the cracks in the alliance forming? Without Phillip telling everyone to vote together, will they? If Malcolm can get two weak-willed people to flip (Erik and Sherri, I'm looking at you), then the Three Amigos will have a majority.

It could happen. You're absolutely correct. But until it does and he makes it to the end and/or wins, I don't think he belongs in the same league as all of those greats. :tup:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2013, 12:27:08 PM »
Seems like I remember an interview with Malcolm from last season, where he said he was surprised to be forced into the game play he had to do...and that he had hoped to take a far more active role. Maybe this is that side coming out??
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Dunkle Schoko

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2013, 04:10:23 AM »
He was slightly more likeable last season than this, but all the same a phenomenal human. Among the best players? Not quite.

Offline Bwils927

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Boston Strong
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2013, 09:06:51 PM »
This guy is amazing! Just saw the most recent ep, what a great move. And Erik and Sherri flipping is highly likely, but i also think Andrea could flip as well.
"Perception is not reality. Reality is reality!" - Erik Cardona

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2013, 02:15:51 AM »
Malcolm, whether you win or not, I love you! :hearts:
You rock, Sweetie!!  :wohoo: :luvu:

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2013, 02:31:08 PM »
Seems like I remember an interview with Malcolm from last season, where he said he was surprised to be forced into the game play he had to do...and that he had hoped to take a far more active role. Maybe this is that side coming out??
I sort of recall that, too, Peach. After watching how he is playing the game this season, he seems to know how to improvise and take advantage of developments. As to having to win to be memorable, let me offer the first three seasons in which Boston Rob appeared, he didn't win but he was memorable, and Burnett loved him for it.

Malcolm is making the most of what he has to work with. Now that he cut off the head of the beast by orchestrating Phillip's ouster he has a chance to pick up one or two of the majority alliance, especially if he finds a HII that is put back into play.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2013, 04:42:18 AM »
I sort of recall that, too, Peach. After watching how he is playing the game this season, he seems to know how to improvise and take advantage of developments. As to having to win to be memorable, let me offer the first three seasons in which Boston Rob appeared, he didn't win but he was memorable, and Burnett loved him for it.

Malcolm is making the most of what he has to work with. Now that he cut off the head of the beast by orchestrating Phillip's ouster he has a chance to pick up one or two of the majority alliance, especially if he finds a HII that is put back into play.

Just to clarify something - I wasn't saying that you need to win to be memorable. I was saying that you need to make it to the end or win to be considered among the best.  If you look at the castaways Joab compared him to:

All of those people have made it to the end more than once so to be mentioned in the same league as them, you would need to play a great game and make it to the end at least once.

It could happen for Malcolm, but until it does, he shouldn't be compared to the legends of this game. :tup: