Author Topic: Suggestions  (Read 16763 times)

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
Suggestions
« on: January 08, 2013, 07:37:35 AM »
To start off the suggestions thread, I'm going to ask if we can use Neobie's wonderful maps for the leg pages of the wiki.

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 11:00:30 PM »
Dom, is it possible that we can get ref tags to use on the results tables like in Wikipedia? The page seems to have been deleted and I don't know if I'm allowed to recreate it.

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 01:39:30 AM »
Dom, is it possible that we can get ref tags to use on the results tables like in Wikipedia? The page seems to have been deleted and I don't know if I'm allowed to recreate it.

Unfortunately I don't think we can use ref tags. I used to have them on the original pages, but those and other parser functions slow the page down so much that a normal Amazing Race page took about 20 seconds to load.. Only a site with the server power of Wikipedia can handle them!

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2013, 01:43:08 PM »
Dom, what about translating the pages?  From experience, I know that many followers of TAR in Latin America, for example, do not know English or their knowledge is limited, and would be good if they had a place for consultation like ours in their own language where to turn.
We have a lot of people in the translation thread offering their services, maybe they can help on it.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2013, 02:52:43 PM »
Dom, what about translating the pages?  From experience, I know that many followers of TAR in Latin America, for example, do not know English or their knowledge is limited, and would be good if they had a place for consultation like ours in their own language where to turn.
We have a lot of people in the translation thread offering their services, maybe they can help on it.

That definitely sounds like a good idea! I'm not sure if there's a Mediawiki feature that makes this easier, but I'll look into it. :)

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2014, 07:15:20 PM »
Could we list both miles and kilometres when listing distances?

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2014, 04:44:06 AM »
Could we list both miles and kilometres when listing distances?

Currently I have been listing Miles for any American Race's Legs, and Kilometers for other races, as Miles is the standard for America only.

If you wish to add the other units to these, feel free (I don't have the time to right now). I would suggest using the "mouseover" technique I use for Detour names on the Hebrew contestants' pages.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline Philimination

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Phil is ready to Philiminate
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2015, 08:08:44 PM »
The Survivor sections are very empty and need updating...
You are the last team to arrive.
This is a Philmination leg, so I'm sorry to tell you that you have been Philiminated from the race.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2015, 08:27:26 PM »
Go for it Phil!! I am sure GB would be glad of the help!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.