Subscribe to the Big Brother Live Feeds

Poll

Which designer created the best overall route?

addie
14 (51.9%)
supah3ro
4 (14.8%)
calphin
9 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Voting closed: January 11, 2013, 08:43:40 PM

Author Topic: ❖ TAR: Design Challenge 3 ~ Finale Results are Posted! ❖  (Read 9065 times)

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: ❖ TAR: Design Challenge 3 ~ Finale Results are Posted! ❖
« Reply #75 on: January 17, 2013, 01:34:34 AM »
Kandace, post the preview for DC4! :lol:

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Tim & Te Jay. All-Time Pre-Faves
« Reply #76 on: January 17, 2013, 04:49:51 AM »
Well I have been given hosting rights...

Coming soon! ;) ;)

IF starting in February at least, I gotta do this. <3333333333
Sam's AR10: Sarah & Shaleen F04 Leg 10 (2,310 CNY)
TAR Greece: Ivi&Eleftheria  F15 Leg 02 (418 Left)
RS Armenia:   David Zhang   F15 IC6
TAR 25:       Tim & TeJay   Pre-Season Faves <3333

Online ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #77 on: January 17, 2013, 05:54:31 AM »

Coming soon! ;) ;)

Interesting.

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #78 on: January 17, 2013, 06:24:16 AM »
Just a note: DavidMV started the idea of a TAR design challenge. From there Mooyou created his own version. Also from there, with the idea from the two of them, I relaunched the RFF DC series.

And now, Season 4 will be hosted by Kandace! :hearts: Yaaaay!

Offline racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Why... Why can't this moment last forevermore!? ♥
« Reply #79 on: January 17, 2013, 07:03:29 AM »
I don't know if I should compete again or judge again... dilemmas... dilemmas... :umn:
This space is dedicated forevermore to Poland's Next Top Model.

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nicole and Christine <3
« Reply #80 on: January 17, 2013, 08:30:11 AM »
Even though it doesn't make a difference, Calphin never received his 9% penalty for submitting late.

addie

« Reply #81 on: January 17, 2013, 08:32:45 AM »
Plus racer giving us an extra very harsh penalty at the Race Route.

After reading through your comments racer, I dun understand what you're saying with this:

-If addie had included Antarctica in his route, it would have been miles ahead of both other designs in my book.

You ranked calphin higher everywhere, so don't tell me you like my route more than if I included Antarctica. And you gave me the lowest amount of points on the redo leg cause the previous leg was already good, that makes no sense to me. Anyways, sry calphin, it's a well deserved win, you were the best in the final almost all your tasks were flawless! And thanks to all the three hosts for making this a truely exciting game, I'm flattered that I made it to the final.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 09:20:56 AM by addie »

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Golden Ball.
« Reply #82 on: January 17, 2013, 09:51:11 AM »
Congratulations Calphin!
Oh my gravy , Jet and Cord are still the best!

Online Kandace

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Ditto
« Reply #83 on: January 17, 2013, 12:59:41 PM »

Coming soon! ;) ;)

IF starting in February at least, I gotta do this. <3333333333

Hmm it might, since I'm getting all the rounds and twists etc finalized, and I wanna make the write ups/scripts done too, so it could be around the end of January opening sign ups probably :js: It could also be earlier or later (:
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 02:14:18 PM by Kandace »
I don't deserve the treatment that I'm getting

Offline racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #84 on: January 17, 2013, 07:28:10 PM »

After reading through your comments racer, I dun understand what you're saying with this:

-If addie had included Antarctica in his route, it would have been miles ahead of both other designs in my book.

You ranked calphin higher everywhere, so don't tell me you like my route more than if I included Antarctica. And you gave me the lowest amount of points on the redo leg cause the previous leg was already good, that makes no sense to me. Anyways, sry calphin, it's a well deserved win, you were the best in the final almost all your tasks were flawless! And thanks to all the three hosts for making this a truely exciting game, I'm flattered that I made it to the final.

If you read through the entirety of the comments, you will notice that I also gave calphin ten points out of five for his Antarctica leg as a reward for actually doing it, but if you had also done an Antarctica leg, then calphin would have gotten only five points for that leg, and you would have got something out of five (assumably pretty high) and thus you would have finished with the higher route score from me. That's how my comment makes sense.

And I said your 'route' was the best one, I never said your 'redo leg' was the best, so that has nothing to do with the other comment anyway.

And I don't believe my penalty was that harsh. It was administered merely for the sake of not being able to follow instructions. It wouldn't have been that hard to create a decent Antarctica leg in place of one of your other not-so-good legs for both you and supah.

addie

« Reply #85 on: January 18, 2013, 12:39:10 AM »

If you read through the entirety of the comments, you will notice that I also gave calphin ten points out of five for his Antarctica leg as a reward for actually doing it, but if you had also done an Antarctica leg, then calphin would have gotten only five points for that leg, and you would have got something out of five (assumably pretty high) and thus you would have finished with the higher route score from me. That's how my comment makes sense.

And I said your 'route' was the best one, I never said your 'redo leg' was the best, so that has nothing to do with the other comment anyway.

And I don't believe my penalty was that harsh. It was administered merely for the sake of not being able to follow instructions. It wouldn't have been that hard to create a decent Antarctica leg in place of one of your other not-so-good legs for both you and supah.

No need to revolve around it, the last comment you gave was 'Addie would have been miles ahead of the other designs, if he had included Antarctica in his race route', you never mentioned only the race route and if it was only the race route I wasn't miles ahead either. About the redo leg, you only gave me 7 points cause my leg was already good. I don't think that is really fair, cause if I'd gotten a trainwreck leg to redesign, you would have scored me a lot higher with the same design. I can't help it I did that design. I feel like you only designed me really low, so calphin could win.

Just my thoughts ;)

Offline racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #86 on: January 18, 2013, 07:14:30 AM »

No need to revolve around it, the last comment you gave was 'Addie would have been miles ahead of the other designs, if he had included Antarctica in his race route', you never mentioned only the race route and if it was only the race route I wasn't miles ahead either. About the redo leg, you only gave me 7 points cause my leg was already good. I don't think that is really fair, cause if I'd gotten a trainwreck leg to redesign, you would have scored me a lot higher with the same design. I can't help it I did that design. I feel like you only designed me really low, so calphin could win.

Just my thoughts ;)

Well if that's your thoughts, I don't really care to be honest, but I have outlined exactly how and why I gave each and every point and believe I have judged in as fair a manner as possible. I also didn't believe your redo leg was an improvement on the original. The original leg had a great Detour and a Roadblock that had potential to grow and be turned into a better task, whereas the redo leg had an unexciting Detour and a great Roadblock, so in that sense, my score of seven might have been a little generous anyway, since I - to some extent - preferred the original, to be frank. Both other redo legs were significantly better than their originals.

The fact of the matter remains that if you wanted to be a genuine contender, you should have followed the instructions. Failure to do so resulted in my scores not even being close. You could have very easily replaced your India leg (which was your weakest leg imo, although you could have replaced any leg) with an Antarctica leg which would probably have been better than the India leg anyway, since I know you can come up with great tasks, and made it a close - if not clear-cut - contest.

addie

« Reply #87 on: January 18, 2013, 07:21:23 AM »

Just my thoughts ;)

Well if that's your thoughts, I don't really care to be honest, but I have outlined exactly how and why I gave each and every point and believe I have judged in as fair a manner as possible. I also didn't believe your redo leg was an improvement on the original. The original leg had a great Detour and a Roadblock that had potential to grow and be turned into a better task, whereas the redo leg had an unexciting Detour and a great Roadblock, so in that sense, my score of seven might have been a little generous anyway, since I - to some extent - preferred the original, to be frank. Both other redo legs were significantly better than their originals.

The fact of the matter remains that if you wanted to be a genuine contender, you should have followed the instructions. Failure to do so resulted in my scores not even being close. You could have very easily replaced your India leg (which was your weakest leg imo, although you could have replaced any leg) with an Antarctica leg which would probably have been better than the India leg anyway, since I know you can come up with great tasks, and made it a close - if not clear-cut - contest.
I cold respond to this again, but I don't think it will change either of our opinions. You were a great judge who at least gave comments on or hard work of hours and hours. :)

Online ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #88 on: January 18, 2013, 07:40:12 AM »
Not to be bitchy, but an Antarctic leg is really lame, boring and unfeasible. Remind me what good locations and culture Antarctica has again? Penguins? LOL. Sorry, but it's really hard to make an even somewhat decent leg there. I really couldn't blame supah and addie for not wanting to do it :/ But whatever, I understand why they got penalties etc, just saying lol.

Surely if these players were ACTUALLY hired by WRP they'd be able to say, "Here, my Antarctica leg but it sucks... I've made a better one over here and I suggest that it would be better for the season if we included it." Not that hard, it's not like WRP hasn't changed things last minute anyway :|  They'd rather a decent leg than a crap one just to get another new location. Oh well, it is what it is.

Anyway, congrats F3, especially Calphin. You actually earnt your win so well done <3 I'm looking forward to DC4 <3

addie

« Reply #89 on: January 18, 2013, 07:41:01 AM »
Not to be bitchy, but an Antarctic leg is really lame, boring and unfeasible. Remind me what good locations and culture Antarctica has again? Penguins? LOL. Sorry, but it's really hard to make an even somewhat decent leg there. I really couldn't blame supah and addie for not wanting to do it :/ But whatever, I understand why they got penalties etc, just saying lol.

Surely if these players were ACTUALLY hired by WRP they'd be able to say, "Here, my Antarctica leg but it sucks... I've made a better one over here and I suggest that it would be better for the season if we included it." Not that hard, it's not like WRP hasn't changed things last minute anyway :|  They'd rather a decent leg than a crap one just to get another new location. Oh well, it is what it is.

Anyway, congrats F3, especially Calphin. You actually earnt your win so well done <3 I'm looking forward to DC4 <3
^

Offline racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #90 on: January 18, 2013, 08:59:57 AM »

Well if either addie or supah had presented a design with twelve amazing legs, then I might agree with you to some extent. However, both designers had at least one leg which was not very good and which I scored a two (meaning that it failed, since two out of five is 40%) and they could have easily replaced those legs with an Antarctic leg which would have most probably been better, since both designers have come up with great tasks in interesting locations before.

So I suppose I would have to agree with you IF they had presented twelve amazing legs, BUT both routes did have a weak spot which could have easily been replaced with Antarctica, stuck with the theme and avoided the penalty.

addie

« Reply #91 on: January 18, 2013, 09:22:51 AM »
I think my India leg was better than bcp's Chad leg, js.

Offline racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #92 on: January 18, 2013, 06:10:48 PM »
I think my India leg was better than bcp's Chad leg, js.

Maybe... I can't remember the Chad leg except for the amazing Pit Stop. :lol: :lol3:

addie

« Reply #93 on: January 19, 2013, 06:06:42 AM »
<3

Custom Search