Author Topic: Best of the Best Edition: Wish List  (Read 3178 times)

Offline amazing race fan

• RFF Full Member
Best of the Best Edition: Wish List
« on: December 12, 2012, 04:27:31 PM »
I would love to see a "Best of the Best" season instead of a winners edition. In fact, very often the best team in a season doesn't win. Plus, this isn't about the best TV, this edition would be about the best 11 teams in the history of the race. Of course, it would have to be somewhat balanced in terms of the gender ratio of the racers. With that said, here are my 11 teams for a best of the best edition. If you are going to post your favorite teams list, please don't bother posting. I am interested in who everyone would think would make up a "Best of the Best" season.

1. BJ and Tyler
2. Andy and Tommy
3. Meghan and Cheyne
4. Nat and Kat
5. Rachel and Dave
6. Colin and Christie
7. Eric and Jeremy
8. Jet and Cord
9. Dustin and Kandice
10. Brook and Claire
11. James and Jaymes
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 10:00:43 AM by georgiapeach »

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
Re: Best of the Best Edition
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2012, 06:56:18 AM »
That's a very good cast, although I hate Colin/Christie and Eric/Jeremy and I dislike Jet/Cord.

I don't think Jaymes & James would qualify for me, as they didn't exactly dominate.

But here is my "best of the best" and the reason why each team is included:

1. Charla & Mirna - ultimate underdog story. Constant frontrunners on TAR5, only lost due to a stupid flight, and made F3 on TAR11 against a super strong cast.
2. Dustin & Kandice - self-explanatory. I would object to this concept if they weren't included.
3. Meghan & Cheyne - self-explanatory again.
4. Rachel & Dave - self-explanatory again.
5. Nat & Kat - first F/F winners and dominated their race.
6. Derek & Drew - very strong and likeable team who really deserve another go and got eliminated by a bit of really bad luck as much as anything.
7. Andy & Tommy - I am tempted to include other teams, but for the sake of having another male/male team in the cast, I can't think of anyone better than these guys!
8. Kisha & Jen - first F/F winners against a non-weakling-male cast. :lol: VERY consistent performers.
9. Kris & Jon OR Hayden & Aaron - strongest teams on TAR6. There are several teams on the TAR6 cast I'd like to see again, but these two are the most worthy for a "best of the best" category.
10. Tara & Wil - finished all but two legs in the Top Three.

I would give the eleventh spot to either Nick & Starr for their seven wins OR David & Jeff who were the strongest team on TAR4 and who I would like to see again.
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2012, 07:01:51 AM »
That's a very good cast, although I hate Colin/Christie and Eric/Jeremy and I dislike Jet/Cord.

I don't think Jaymes & James would qualify for me, as they didn't exactly dominate.

But here is my "best of the best" and the reason why each team is included:

1. Charla & Mirna - ultimate underdog story. Constant frontrunners on TAR5, only lost due to a stupid flight, and made F3 on TAR11 against a super strong cast.
2. Dustin & Kandice - self-explanatory. I would object to this concept if they weren't included.
3. Meghan & Cheyne - self-explanatory again.
4. Rachel & Dave - self-explanatory again.
5. Nat & Kat - first F/F winners and dominated their race.
6. Derek & Drew - very strong and likeable team who really deserve another go and got eliminated by a bit of really bad luck as much as anything.
7. Andy & Tommy - I am tempted to include other teams, but for the sake of having another male/male team in the cast, I can't think of anyone better than these guys!
8. Kisha & Jen - first F/F winners against a non-weakling-male cast. :lol: VERY consistent performers.
9. Kris & Jon OR Hayden & Aaron - strongest teams on TAR6. There are several teams on the TAR6 cast I'd like to see again, but these two are the most worthy for a "best of the best" category.
10. Tara & Wil - finished all but two legs in the Top Three.

I would give the eleventh spot to either Nick & Starr for their seven wins OR BUT DEFINITELY NOT David & Jeff who were the strongest most boring team on TAR4 and who I would NOT EVER like to see again.

Fixed racer.  :cmaslol

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2012, 07:04:43 AM »
^ Um, leave David & Jeff alone, kthx. They are like one of only two male/male teams that I liked over the course of 21 seasons... :cmaslol :lol3:

#allfemaleftw <3 :cmas23

addie

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2012, 09:22:45 AM »
Ew David/Jeff.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2012, 09:38:58 AM »
Ew David/Jeff.

In all seriousness, they are the ONLY all-male team I ever rooted for. (And by that I mean they are the only all-male team that was my favourite team in their season. Even though there are several M/M teams I like, none of the others were ever my outright favourite in any season.)

However, in hindsight, I prefer Kelly & Jon, but both teams were awesome and one of them shoulda won. :(

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Best of the Best Edition: Wish List
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2012, 06:36:22 PM »
I figure if this is a best of the best season, lets make it harder to win by making it a 12-team race.

My Wishlist:
1. Rob and Brennan: I know that by Leg 10, they couldn't fall below second place, but they did win 3/4 of those legs, against Frank and Margarita, a tougth team in my opinion.
2. Colin and Christie: First team to ever win 6 legs.
3. Kris and Jon: Won 4 legs, never left the Top 4, consistent.
4. Rob and Amber: Sorry Romber haters, but they usually dominated (They must hate the mail service now  :cmaslol)
5. BJ and Tyler: These guys may of had luck, but luck is one of the main reasons teams have dominated.
6. Eric and Jeremy: These guys dominate together than with random girl (Danielle)
7. Dustin and Kandace: Over two seasons, they won 6 legs, and are one of, if not strongest all-female team ever.
8. Nick and Starr: First team to ever win 7 legs.
9. Meghan and Cheyne: Dominant team.
10. Jet and Cord: While they tended to make mistakes, they almost always rebounded in such a spectacular way.
11. Nat and Kat: First all-female winners, first all-female team to win 5 legs.
12. Rachel and Dave: 8 wins. Enough said.
Luckily only 4 M/M teams  :cmas16
We got 2 F/F teams at least
6 winners (IDK if thats good or not)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2012, 08:54:49 PM »
Nat and Kat needs to be there.
Dave and Rachel needs to be there.
Meghan and Cheyne needs to be there.
Colin and Christie needs to be there.

I don't think there's enough dominant teams to make a BOTB season... so, it will be regular Allstars all over again. :cmaslol

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2012, 09:06:20 AM »
I agree with Joab in that there's not enough "dominant" teams to make a BOTB season, but I would like to see this idea incorporated with some teams who were extremely strong but did not necessarily dominate.