Author Topic: FINALE PARTY! SHOW updates and commentary *start: 800PM or later* note rules  (Read 14521 times)

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Re: FINALE PARTY! SHOW updates and commentary *start: 800PM or later* note rules
« Reply #225 on: December 10, 2012, 02:49:11 PM »
And the 'whoever  has the $1,000,000 quote for that season will win' curse (is it a curse?) has been broken!

That curse has been broken many times.. which mean it's not even a curse  :cmaslol

TAR 19 - Marcus said the title (Ernie & Cindy win)
TAR 18 - Justin said the title (Kisha & Jen win)

.. and so on ..

Add Rachel & Dave (he said the quote on route to Osaka Airport in the last leg of TAR20).

All the F3 teams had a million dollar quote last season.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Re: FINALE PARTY! SHOW updates and commentary *start: 800PM or later* note rules
« Reply #226 on: December 10, 2012, 02:50:02 PM »
It was one of the best finales we've had in a LONG time. The whole underdogs story was amazing and tbh, it's nice to see underdogs win instead of dominating teams who've won leg after leg after leg. This was WAY better than Rachel & Dave last season (sorry Prophet  :cmas19)

:lol: :neener:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline APABLD

• RFF Jr. Member
    • adouangchak YouTube
« Reply #227 on: December 10, 2012, 03:22:54 PM »
And..... congrats to..... Josh & Brent!!!  :cmas26

They have OFFICIALLY made the record for the least averaged placing to win TAR!

Is this the first time ever a Finish Line was indoors? :cmas19

Actually, season 16's winners, Jordan and Daniel had a lower placement average for a winning team (4.3333) compared to the Beekman Boys (4.2500)
Where are you getting 4.25 from? I have 55/12=4.5833, which would make them the lowest average placing winners.

Yes, the average is 4.5833. 4.25 could come from 51/12 (51 being the total the Beekmans had before the final 2 legs).

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #228 on: December 10, 2012, 04:45:30 PM »
I'd say all of the final six + Amy & Daniel are All Star material

okay im out of this thread  :cmas50

Offline Leafsfan

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #229 on: December 10, 2012, 05:54:31 PM »
Amy and who? lol probably not
Map Maker (Just Pm me!)

Offline BuuYaa

• RFF Full Member
  • TAR 22 <3; TAR 23 must be better
« Reply #230 on: December 10, 2012, 09:01:10 PM »
I don't think the twinnies were being homophobic against the Beekmans, the way the called them "Evil Gays" was very similar to how they called James & Jaymes the "Stupid Chippendales" and I loved how the girls admitted that they were never nice :lol: I would love to see the Twinnies back, since they were almost set to go to the finale, but were screwed by a local in the end. If I had to pick two All-Stars from this season, it'd be Twinnies (new Dustin & Kandice) and Abbie & Ryan (new Amanda & Kris). James & Abba would be deserving for a second chance, but the other two strike me as more interesting.

EXCUSE ME? Abbie and Ryan (new Amanda & Kris)???

OH HELL TO THE NO !!!!

Amanda & Kris took their U-Turn experience on so much class. WAY MORE than how Abbie and especially Ryan took theirs.

"The chippendales cost me 2 million dollars"
"The winners get a free chippendale show"

LOL! Such a whiner! What a baby!!!

When Jaymes&James and Trexi finished, everyone's cheering except him. He just stood there with hands on hips like he didn't care. LOL What a loser! So you got U-turned, no big deal for crying out loud. Just get over it!

Remind me of Brandy from Season 16.
and definetely not Amanda or Kris  :cmas12

Please Bring'em back:
=======================================
MM: Jaymes&James; Mark&Bopper
FF: Caroline&Jennifer; Pam&Winnie; Natalie&Nadiya;
MF: Joey&Meghan;
Couple : Max&Katie; Abby&Ryan; Brendon&Rachel; Amani&Marcus;
Elder Couple : Chuck&Wynona; Bill&Cathi;
======================================

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • #BestSeasonsinceTAR14
« Reply #231 on: December 10, 2012, 11:06:37 PM »
Let's do some basic arithmetic regarding the number of teams that might qualify for the third AllStars season, which I expect to be around AR25. That means that the pool of talent would be from 6 seasons. 12 teams divided by 6 seasons is 2 teams per season! Also, it is entirely possible that some teams from the past (particularly Colin and Christie) will be asked to participate. I think it is a certainty that no team who has been on 2 seasons already will be selected for the 3rd All Star season.

So, what does this mean? Those who postulate this team or that team but in some cases 7 teams from AR21 are in for a nasty fall in my opinion.

Erm, apskip... maybe not 7 teams but 5 teams is always possible. Look at TAR 18 which is literally TAR 14 and friends.
We are all misfits living in a world on fire.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • #BestSeasonsinceTAR14
« Reply #232 on: December 10, 2012, 11:09:39 PM »
I am out of this thread too. The hate that certain posters have are just too overwhelming and not even objective.

LOVE TAR 21 <3

:xmas146 :xmas110 :cmastree

Offline BuuYaa

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #233 on: December 11, 2012, 03:36:16 AM »
Let's do some basic arithmetic regarding the number of teams that might qualify for the third AllStars season, which I expect to be around AR25. That means that the pool of talent would be from 6 seasons. 12 teams divided by 6 seasons is 2 teams per season! Also, it is entirely possible that some teams from the past (particularly Colin and Christie) will be asked to participate. I think it is a certainty that no team who has been on 2 seasons already will be selected for the 3rd All Star season.

So, what does this mean? Those who postulate this team or that team but in some cases 7 teams from AR21 are in for a nasty fall in my opinion.

Erm, apskip... maybe not 7 teams but 5 teams is always possible. Look at TAR 18 which is literally TAR 14 and friends.

yeah and 4 of those teams got booted out 11th,10th,9th,8th...  :cmaslol

I would say yes maybe to Margie&Luke, Amanda&Kris (Two hotties only in TAR 18  :kisses, well and Mallory I guess), and Kisha&Jen

But Mel&Mike and Jaime&Cara?  :mas25
Tony&Dallas and Brook&Claire would be so much better  :cmas16 :cmas16
Please Bring'em back:

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #234 on: December 11, 2012, 03:53:09 AM »
I just love the American Airlines 767 footages they had!  :cmas9
TARAS DVD SOON PLEASE!

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #235 on: December 11, 2012, 04:09:53 AM »
Abby&Ryan, James&Abba and maybe Amy&Daniele for another Unfinished Business seasons.

i would love to see lots of this season's teams again in a future season, but those three you said are definitely the top contenders :tup:
i hope NaNa come back though :lol:

Offline Air

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chinsanity
« Reply #236 on: December 11, 2012, 04:14:36 AM »
Overall, this season will be in half top position in my rankings. I am sure there will be many teams from this season to be back for next All Stars since most of them are All-Star worthy! :cmas9

I wouldn't be surprised either! They did a really good job casting. Seriously, I wouldn't be surprised if this is TAR14 for the next AS!

Really, guys, really?

I want the Chips, Trexi, Twinnies, Amy/Daniel and Abby/Ryan in the next AS, which I think is enough.
Lee Lin Chin - National Treasure

Offline BuuYaa

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #237 on: December 11, 2012, 05:25:37 AM »
Abby&Ryan, James&Abba and maybe Amy&Daniele for another Unfinished Business seasons.

i would love to see lots of this season's teams again in a future season, but those three you said are definitely the top contenders :tup:
i hope NaNa come back though :lol:

for an "Unfinisihed Business" theme season, yes!!!  :cmas16 those three would be fit right in.

but if it's an "All Stars" season, both The Twins and The Chippendales have a really strong and good edits this season.
I guess they both would be first on list to come back for AllStars

Just like Bopper and Mark last season...
Please Bring'em back:

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #238 on: December 11, 2012, 08:38:21 AM »

I would say yes maybe to Margie&Luke, Amanda&Kris (Two hotties only in TAR 18  :kisses, well and Mallory I guess), and Kisha&Jen

Brooke and Claire were asked to participate, but one of them was pregnant and they declined  :cmas4. I hat ehow Amanda and Kris were invited back. They didn't really do much to be invited, they got eliminated leg 4 (at least Zev and Justin lost their passports.)

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #239 on: December 11, 2012, 09:55:03 AM »
Amy & Daniel are one of the few early boots that actually showed potential, and I wish they'd bring them back.

Offline BuuYaa

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #240 on: December 11, 2012, 11:49:05 AM »

Brooke and Claire were asked to participate, but one of them was pregnant and they declined  :cmas4. I hat ehow Amanda and Kris were invited back. They didn't really do much to be invited, they got eliminated leg 4 (at least Zev and Justin lost their passports.)

Amanda&Kris are awesome kty ...
Yes they didn't make it far but they did have some unfinished business to do...  :cmas9

(well I personally think they got invited back because the season needed a good-looking eye-candy couple.) ):cmaslol
Please Bring'em back:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • #BestSeasonsinceTAR14
« Reply #241 on: December 11, 2012, 09:35:18 PM »
Which is superficial.

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Full Member
  • TAR INDONESIA...!!!
« Reply #242 on: December 12, 2012, 06:29:19 AM »

Brooke and Claire were asked to participate, but one of them was pregnant and they declined 

yeah, Claire was pregnant, so they declined. I really want them in the next All Stars (is it possible pick team from TAR 17?). They are definitely one of the strongest Female-Female teams in TAR history. And they are FUN...!!! I love their spirit  :cmas9

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Best FF Ever!
« Reply #243 on: December 12, 2012, 11:34:52 AM »
I just had an imagine spot with Brook screaming at Claire "Go! Twinnie!"
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • #BestSeasonsinceTAR14
« Reply #244 on: December 12, 2012, 12:36:56 PM »
If they do that they will be my most favourite team ever. :cmaslol

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #245 on: December 12, 2012, 01:04:57 PM »
If they do that they will be my most favourite team ever. :cmaslol

Mine too  :cmaslol .
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains--however improbable--must be the truth." --Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Cookies with licorice, can't get better than this!
« Reply #246 on: December 13, 2012, 11:22:10 PM »

Brooke and Claire were asked to participate, but one of them was pregnant and they declined 

yeah, Claire was pregnant, so they declined. I really want them in the next All Stars (is it possible pick team from TAR 17?). They are definitely one of the strongest Female-Female teams in TAR history. And they are FUN...!!! I love their spirit  :cmas9
Wait, Brook & Claire are awesome characters in the race, they are all-stars material, but for Unfinished Business, not sure if they had a big of a story as Ronald & Christina or Jet & Cord... what made them lose the $1 million racing around L.A. County unlike the listed above? I only totally remember the last half of the finale when they arrive at the Rose Bowl floats via helicopters.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom... FULFILLED <3
----------------------------------------------------
TAR QUOTE OF THE MONTH November 2014
"Can I smash it now?" ~Brooke (of Brooke & Robbie; season 25, leg 6)

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #247 on: December 14, 2012, 08:39:42 AM »
I think that their late arrival at the Rose Bowl was primarily caused earlier. It could have been bad seating on the flight, delay in getting a taxi at LAX or driver error getting from LAX to the Long Beach docks. The fact is that Claire/Brook were far behind at the first checkpoint of the Long Beach docks and never recovered from that.

Custom Search