Author Topic: My Kitchen Rules 2013  (Read 34008 times)

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: My Kitchen Rules 4 Join us tonight for live update during Ep 1.
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2013, 03:55:33 AM »
Jess and Biswa think they will be on top as do Jake and Ellie.

Everyone at the table but Jess and Biswa is looking forward to the chocolate Jaffa cake. (They aren't big on chocolate)

In the kitchen the cake is ready and they are plating up and serving.

Pete and Manue are having their taste.

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2013, 04:00:31 AM »
Pete doesn't like the dish due to the size and the richness in flavour as does Manue.

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2013, 04:07:16 AM »
The teams are also citing size and richness problems.

Jake is talking about Josh and Andis not make anyone happy or sad strategy.

It's now scoring time Josh and Andi and Mick and Matt give the the night 7's. Jake and Ellie and Lisa and Steffino also give them 7s. While Jess and Biswa  give them a 5.

That a 33/50 as we go to ads and await Pete and Manues verdict.

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2013, 04:16:31 AM »
Pete and Manu are scoring each dish.

Entree is a 7 (Manu) and a 8 (Pete)
Main is a 8 (Manu) and 7 (Pete)
Desert is a 5 (Manu) and a 4(Pete)

That is a score of 72/110.

Next time is Mick and Matt and the knifes are out.

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: My Kitchen Rules 2013
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2013, 05:39:50 PM »
I am thinking of just going a recap instead of going a live update during each episode.

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2013, 09:05:37 PM »
Episode 2 saw the teams go to "anchors away" the instant restaurant of Mick and Matt; the father and son from Tasmania. Their close relationship and background as fishers has created a history of cooking together but will they impress their competitor and judges; Pete and Manu.

Their menu

Entree: Abalone patty with salsa and zesty yogurt
Main: Salmon  with a smoked eel potato brandade
Desert: Apple and berry coconut crumble with vanilla bean custard

Although they have a menu that was well past anyone's expectation they seam to cool under the pressure.

Opinions were divided at the table for entree. Manu and some contestants argued the taste of the abalone was lost in the breedcrumes  and eggs of the patty of while Pete and others were enjoyed the dish and the abalone flavour.

The main was meet with great approval from the judges and most of the table but fussy eaters Jess and Biswa faults as they dislike the mix of the subtle eel taste and the salmon. Could finding faults be part of their  strategy.

The Desert was enjoyed by the judges but small fault were found by the rest of the table.

Scores:

Jess and Biswa: 6/10
Josh and Andi: 7/10
Jake and Ellie: 7/10
Crag and Kerrie: 7/10
Lisa and Steffino:  5/10

31/50
A score that they were displeased with

The judges

Entree
Pete: 8/10
Manu: 4/10

That is possibly the biggest score difference between Pete's score and Manu's score on a dish.

Main
Pete: Perfect 10 
Manu: 9/10

Some of the teams were happy that they were given the first 10 but Spice girls Jess and Biswa were disappointed that the first 10 was not given to them.

Desert:
Pete: 9/10
Manu: 9/10

With a 49/60 from the judges give Mick and Matt a grand total of 80/110

Their score puts them ahead of Kerrie and Crag and Mick and Matt have guaranteed a spot in the top 10.

Tomorrow it's Josh and Andi turn. How will the so-called "dating hipsters" go in their instant restrand who will be sharpening their knifes for backstabbing as well as cooking.

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2013, 02:32:16 AM »
Tonight is the finale for group 1. So I will do a fast recap for the 3 eps I missed.

Ep 3 saw WA hipsters Josh and Andi struggle and improvise dishes but scored a not too shabby 68. Making them last and giving Kerrie and Crag safety for the round.

Ep 4 saw opinionated and picky eaters Jess and Biswa; the high school friends from Sydney, cook an Indian feast sadily for them their feast was not up to standed and they only scored a 41, a score that put them at risk of elimination.

Ep 5 saw upper class gen-y Qld siblings Jake and Ellie cook. Although they got only a 21 from the teams (including a 1 from Jess and Biswa) they score well with Pete and Manu giving them a 65 and a spot in the final 10.

Tonight is the finale of group 1 and its Lisa and Steffino's turn to cook. Will they cook perfection (or at least better then 41) to eliminate Jess and Biswa or will a costly misktake make Lisa and Steffino take the walk of shame?  Find out soon. And thursday we have group 2 cooking beginning with Melbourne cousins Sam and Chris. How will they go? Find out Thursday.

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2013, 02:26:49 AM »
Have to do more catch up.

Ep 6 was the first elimination night and either Jess and Biswa (with a score of 41) or Lisa and Stefano (who are yet to cook) will be eliminated and loose their chance at a quarter of a million dollars. After a lack-luster entree and main and a stunning desert they scored a
Show content
which means the first team eliminated is
Show content
Jess and Biswa

Ep 7 saw group 1 being set aside for group 2. First up cousins Sam and Chris score a 64 after some mishaps in the kitchen including a creme caramel that didn't set right.

Tonight it's Lisa and Candace; the mother daughter Beauty Queens. They begin a week of records and scandal. Which team will score a MKR record and will will cheat? Find out this week.

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2013, 02:01:09 AM »
Yesterday's episode saw the Lisa and Candace; the mother daughter beauty queens from Perth, host their instant restaurant. After an amazing seafood entree and a show to go with their dinner ,they lacked a descent main and desert. Their dinner was given a score of 57. A score which puts them at risk of elimination with 4 teams yet to cook.

Tonight it's Sam and Ali; the (male/female) friends from Hobart. How will they go and how will they CHEAT.

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2013, 04:27:18 AM »
Last night we had Sam and Ali; the friend from Hobart. Unfortunately it wasn't very eventful except what was know as "Curry-Gate" as they used a pre made curry for their entree as a posed to making their own. They scored 62; enough to keep them around for a little longer.

Tonight it was Luke and Scoot's turn in the kitchen. They are the personal trainers and friends from Bondi. I will do a recap for them tomorrow to keep our WA viewers unspoiled.

Last but not least I can reveal that there is a 13th team only known as the Gate-Crashers. Nothing else is known about them except that they are a F/F team who are Asian in appearance and are said to be worse then spice girls Jess and Biswa.

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2013, 02:45:35 AM »
Last night Luke and Scoot cooked up a heathy dinner and an amazing score of 90 and an MKR record of most 10's for an instant restaurant (4 from the judges) and one of the highest scores for an instant restaurant (other teams to score around the 90's were season 2 winners Sammy and Bella (NSW) and season 3 runners up Nic and Rocco(SA)) Lisa and Candace (the current team at risk of elimination) complained about a lot of minor details but ultimately score them a 8 along with the other teams.

Tonight it's Dan and Steph. The married couple from Harvey Bay in Qld. They are cooking an American diner style menu which includes a Cola infused Pork (Luke and Scoot won't be happy with the unhealthy menu) Will they cook to perfection and will Lisa and Candace match outfits again?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 05:56:39 AM by theamazingracer21 »

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2013, 11:04:30 PM »
Cola infused pork and psychic predictions from Candace were the highlights on MKR as Dan and Steph cooked on Thursday. A near flawless entree, a main which lacked flavour and a overly sweet desert scored the team a 58; just 1 point more then Lisa and Candace.

Monday either Lisa and Cadace (with a score of 57) or their rivals; Jenna and Joanna (yet to cook) will be eliminated but as soon as one team leaves, 3 teams will be joining them as the gate crashers join the show.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 11:57:30 PM by theamazingracer21 »

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2013, 01:56:36 AM »
Last night was another elimination night on MKR.
Show content
Jenna and Joanna cooked 3 amazing dishes to get a score of 87  enough to put them 2nd  in the group and to eliminate The Wicked Witches of the West.

The biggest shock of the evening came as the one team departed and the gate-crashers  and this seasons big twist arrived. Pete and Manu told the teams that the lowest 3 scoring teams in their instant restaurant were at risk of elimination and would face another round of instant restaurants against the 3 gate-crasher teams. The  3 teams in this round of instant restaurants will be eliminated and lose their chance at the title of MKR4 winners and a quarter of a million.

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2013, 12:37:37 AM »
Angela and Melina were the first to cook in this new round of instant restaurants. After an over polished entree, a great main and a dessert that wasn't up to scratch they scored a 50.

Last night it was Dan and Steph. A below average entree, a main that went horribly wrong (but had a amazing sauce) and a great desert scored the team a 52 (partially thanks to fellow group 2 cookers Ali and Sam who scored then a 7)

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2013, 12:47:55 AM »
Kieran and Natstassia were time strapped during their instant restaurant. Disbite their menu showing potential and fair scores from the judges. Low scores from the teams gave then a total score of 48.

Yesterday we went to wonderland; by which I mean Ali and Sam instant restaurant. They greatly improved from their original score as they cement their place in the top 5 scores on MKR. But the true action was at the table as Gatecrashers Angela & Melina and Ashlee & Sophia insulted each others behavor at the table.

Tonight it's Lisa & Stefino turn to cook and he will ask a special question to Lisa. But how will she answer. Wednesday it's Sophia and Ashlee's time to cook in the Group 3 finale. Who will be elimination and one more team is eliminated?

Thursday the final 12 will face their first challenge; catering a warehouse party.  The best dish (voted by the party goers) wins immunity from elimination. The worst dish (voted by Pete & Manu) will head to Tuesdays sudden death elimination round. The remaining teams will head to the rappid fire cook off round on Monday.

Monday is rapids fire cook off. What will the judges throw at the team as they scramble to avoid elimination and Tuesday in elimination; who will survive and who will head home as 2 teams face sudden death.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 02:46:21 AM by theamazingracer21 »

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2013, 04:15:04 AM »
Lisa & Stefino began the evening with a marriage proposal :conf: :conf: (Fun Fact: they join TAR17 team Chad and Steph in the "Dating to Engaged on a reality show "club). Although the night started on a high the pressure and excitement later caught up with them as they failed to deliver good meals. They scored a 38.

Ashlee & Sophia had some problems at "The Factory" but they scored a 64 sending Lisa & Stefino home.

Tonight it's the first PCC (people's choice challenge). Before beginning Manu gave immunity to the highest scoring team in each group (Mick & Matt, Luke & Scott, Ali & Sam) immunity until the next PCC. They the remaining 9 teams divided into Main (5 teams) and Dessert (4 teams). The rest of this review will be done tomorrow (to be spoilers friendly for WA)

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2013, 08:55:06 AM »
Can't believe I have forgotten to comment in here!

My thoughts on MKR 2013 so far:

- Absolutely horrible casting. Don't really care for very many teams. The last three seasons have all featured more than 50% of the cast which I absolutely loved, plus a few decent teams and a couple that I would hate, whereas this season there is like two teams that I love and a couple of semi-decent ones and several teams I despise.
- Round 1 of the Instant Restaurants was interesting. Jessie & Biswa were AMAZING <333 but they were horrible in the kitchen so it was a no-brainer.
- Round 2 of the Instant Restaurants was a complete joke. I lost respect for the judges after Sam & Chris's restaurant. For the last three seasons, the only thing they talk about is CONSISTENCY, yet when we get to this restaurant, Manu "can only judge what is on my plate", despite the fact that a dog threw up on one of the dishes. Lisa & Candice were unfairly eliminated in my book. Sam & Chris were the clear weakest team of the group so it baffles me that they finished third. It is a HUGE advantage to cook first in this competition because the teams aren't scoring as strategically and so the teams who cooked first in both rounds scored at least 5-10 points higher than they would have scored if they had cooked later on.
- Round 3 was good. I love Lisa & Stefano but their restaurant was a failure.
- Really sad to see Kieran & Nastassia out as well. Four teams eliminated so far and four that I really liked.
- I don't understand how Jenna & Joanna supposedly had the weakest dish at the markets this week when Mick & Matt served cinnamon chicken that was borderline inedible and Angela & Melina served food that the judges completely hated.

Anyway, now I'll comment on each of the teams in the competition.

Kerrie & Craig (VIC) - Hate this team. The woman treats the man like a slave in the kitchen and the man has the most annoying monotone voice.
Mick & Matt (TAS) - Don't mind them. Not really an exciting team to watch, but they seem to be a decent team.
Josh & Andi (WA) - I really like Andi. Josh is quite boring.
Jessie & Biswa (NSW) - Loved their personalities, but sadly they cooked up a trainwreck.
Jake & Elle (QLD) - Please SHUT UP and get off my television screen. This guy is the most horrible thing ever. His voice makes my ears bleed. And the girl is just... there. Basically she has done nothing other than exist for the sake of existing.
Lisa & Stefano (SA) - Really loved this couple, but I think they took the concept of "less is more" a bit too far.
Sam & Chris (VIC) - I don't think I have ever hated two people on a TV show more quickly than I hated these two. Their voices put me to sleep and they should have gone home already. Please get them out soon, kthx. Can't stand them even remotely.
Lisa & Candice (WA) - Really loved this team! And I think they were not the weakest of their group - by far. They will be missed.
Ali & Samuel (TAS) - They're really cute! I love them! And very much huge contenders for the title!
Luke & Scott (NSW) - They are so boring... but since they are representing NSW I try to tolerate them. If they were from another state, I wouldn't be able to deal with this.
Dan & Steph (QLD) - LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS COUPLE! THEY ARE SO CUTE! <33333333333 :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:
Jenna & Joanna (SA) - OMG THIS TEAM IS EPIC AND I LOVE THEM! :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: WATCHING THEM MAKES ME FEEL SO INSPIRATED! :hoot: :hoot:
Angela & Melina (VIC) - Didn't like them at first, but they are really growing on me now! At this rate, they could turn into one of my favourites!
Kieran & Nastassia (WA) - I loved the geek team! And their dishes were so unique! I just wish that quail was cooked then they would've survived and gotten rid of the disgusting people.
Ashlee & Sophia (NSW) - If I hear 'babes' one more time, I am afraid my ears will bleed. They are extremely rude and exceptionally vile. If they weren't from NSW I would hate them, but since they are from NSW, I try to like them, as with Luke & Scott.

All I have to say is PLEASE LET JOANNA & JENNA WIN THE COOK OFF ON MONDAY!!! :pray: Otherwise I won't have very many reasons to keep watching.
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2013, 03:18:23 PM »
I have to update a lot.

In the first PPC, Angela & Melina won and have safety for the rest of the round and the nerds Kieran & Nastassia went to Sudden Death.

At the first Kitchen HQ challenges they cooked 2 dishes; one with Herbs and one with Spices. The herbs/spice had to be the showcase part of the dish.  Sam & Chris were the weekday and went to SD.

SD was Kieran & Nastassia vs Sam & Chris. By a score of 27 to 40. The judges sent  Kieran & Nastassia packing

Second PPC and the 11 teams competed in the Sydney Markets for lunch time customers. Jake & Elle came out on top and made the highest profit. They also had the right to give a 2nd team safety. They choose Kerrie and Crag. Jenna & Joanna went to SD. 

I didn't watch much of this ep. I  think they made a breakfast dish and a chicken dish. Mick & Matt went to SD.

Monday is SD. Who will win?

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2013, 10:47:00 AM »
Well I haven't seen tonight's ep but I recorded it, but I hear that Cupcakegoddess Survived <333333333333333333333333333

AT LEAST I HAVE A REASON TO KEEP WATCHING! :hoot: :hoot:

I'm feeling so inspirated by their success. :hearts:

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2013, 02:06:15 AM »
As racer has pointed out, the cupcakes are in and the farther/son are out. The final verdict was 42-31.

This week is also "My Kitchen Deals" on Deal or no Deal. Everyday a tam from the show will play DonD (the "fantastic 4" format for those who watch the show) for a home viewer. Mick and Matt went 1st (but I didn't watch), Today was the cupcakes who did extrimily well with $45,000.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2013, 08:27:41 AM »
I recorded the Cupcakes Deal or No Deal attempt. Need to watch that.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2013, 04:12:53 AM »
OMG CUPCAKE WON PEOPLE'S CHOICE <333 :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: (well really Josh & Andi or Dan &* Steph shoulda won that but Cupcake is epic).

Jenna: Even though I really love pink, we don't want to see pink today because then the chicken is raw and we don't want to give raw chicken to the kids. :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

And Ali & Samuel :torche I really love them - hope the team they are up against is not a team I like and they can win against that team. :hoot:

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2013, 04:57:46 AM »
Well today's episode was quite awful. They had to team up in teams of four and create a four-course meal with each one cooking one dish.

For some reason, the judges deemed it prudent to send the White Team into the showdown (Dan & Steph, Angela & Melina, Ashlee & Sophie, Luke & Scott) over one piece of raw lamb, despite calling everything else 'perfect', whereas the other teams had a disastrous dish completely with Sam & Chris. I am seriously sick of Sam & Chris cooking useless trash and randomly surviving. That's all they have done in this competition. They need to be out next week if there is any fairness in the world.

Sadly Angela & Melina had the weakest dish and so they will tackle Ali & Samuel in tomorrow's Sudden Death battle. Ali & Samuel are my 3rd favourites and Angela & Melina are my 4th favourites so this will be tough to watch, but I'm cheering for Ali & Samuel solely because I think they have a greater potential to go deep into the competition. :tup:

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2013, 06:13:53 AM »
I want Angela & Melina to stay just to ping off the Asian BFF's.

Seriously Sophia & Ashlee should cook something different then Asian every episode and while their at it hopefully they stop saying "babe" as every second word to each other 

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2013, 08:00:01 AM »
I want Angela & Melina to stay just to ping off the Asian BFF's.

Seriously Sophia & Ashlee should cook something different then Asian every episode and while their at it hopefully they stop saying "babe" as every second word to each other

IKR LOL/ :lol3: