Author Topic: The Amazing Race Canada 1--Pre-Race Speculation  (Read 22908 times)

Offline bc922

• RFF Full Member
Re: The Amazing Race Canada
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2012, 01:43:47 PM »
Hopefully the announcement is for The Amazing Race Canada!  Even though I am excited at the thought of having a Canadian version, I am a bit worried.  Canadian reality tv competition shows do not tend to last very long and I fear that if TAR: Canada is given the green light, it could only last a few seasons at most before being cancelled (see Canadian Idol, SYTYCD: Canada, Canada's Got Talent).

Online Leafsfan

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2012, 02:12:41 PM »
Hopefully the announcement is for The Amazing Race Canada!  Even though I am excited at the thought of having a Canadian version, I am a bit worried.  Canadian reality tv competition shows do not tend to last very long and I fear that if TAR: Canada is given the green light, it could only last a few seasons at most before being cancelled (see Canadian Idol, SYTYCD: Canada, Canada's Got Talent).

The American version is consistently rated in the top 10 every week in Canada. Considering viewership was higher for the Australian version compared to the American version on Australia, a similar bump might make the series last longer.
Rip apskip

Map Maker (Just Pm me!)

Offline Paldog

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • US Winter Olympic Team - Sochi 2014 - Go America!
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2012, 02:35:40 PM »
Please have Pamela Anderson host. :lol:

We need a female host (who also happens to be eye candy...)!
"I've heard her called a quitter for leaving, an aimless wanderer. But not all who wander are aimless. Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition; beyond definition; beyond the image." ― Mona Lisa Smile

Offline Flamant

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Lumilia <3
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2012, 03:55:12 PM »
Yay! :hearts: :yess: :hoot: :hrt: :conf:

http://popgoesthenews.blogspot.ca/2012/11/the-amazing-race-canada-to-debut-next.html?spref=tw

'The Amazing Race Canada' to debut next year
Phil Keoghan CBS

PopGoesTheNews.com CTV is set to announce it is producing a Canadian edition of popular reality series The Amazing Race.

Phil Keoghan, host of the CBS series (which airs on CTV), taped an announcement that will air during the Dec. 2 episode.

The Amazing Race, in which teams travel to countries around the world and compete in various challenges, debuted on CBS in 2001. Now in its 21st season, the show has consistently been a ratings winner for CTV, with about 2 million viewers. South of the border, the series draws about 10 million viewers.

The Amazing Race has franchised internationally, with versions airing in Australia, China, France, Israel, Latin America, Norway, Philippines and Ukraine.

“There are bigger fans of The Amazing Race in Canada than any other country,” Keoghan said in a 2008 interview. “They love the show with a passion that is truly extraordinary.”

Canadians have not been allowed to audition for the U.S. version of the show because, in part, producers worried Canadian passport holders would be able to clear customs quicker than Americans – giving them an unfair advantage.

Canada was showcased in two seasons of The Amazing Race as teams visited Calgary and Banff in Season 5 and then Montreal, Toronto and Niagara Falls in Season 8.

Casting information for The Amazing Race Canada has not been announced, and it is not known who will host the show. It will likely debut next summer.

Online Leafsfan

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2012, 04:45:39 PM »
The Amazing Race Canada to debut in 2013, reports claim

Get training, Canada: According to a report on Popgoesthenews.com, CTV is set to announce that The Amazing Race is headed north of the border.

The website reports that the series will be announced after a Dec. 2 airing of the U.S. show, via a taped message from show host Phil Keoghan. Canadians have been thusfar ineligible to compete on the series because, among other things, show producers were concerned that Canadian passport holders would be able to clear customs checks faster than their U.S. counterparts.

It’s not the first foray into Canada for Keoghan and the show: segments for the series fifth and eighth season were filmed in Canadian locations, and in 2007, Keoghan brought No Opportunity Wasted, based on his book of the same name, to the CBC.

An air date for The Amazing Race Canada has not been announced, nor has a host. The CBS series, now in its 21st season, currently airs on CTV in Canada
Rip apskip

Map Maker (Just Pm me!)

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Sr. Member
  • I'm on probation right now, and please be careful.
    • Apprentice Talker
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2012, 11:57:21 PM »

The American version is consistently rated in the top 10 every week in Canada. Considering viewership was higher for the Australian version compared to the American version on Australia, a similar bump might make the series last longer.

Many of international franchises have adopted locally include Canada's Next Top Model and it does count? It could be considerate on gave viewers?

Offline Heliox

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2012, 06:21:31 PM »

:yess:

Even if it is just for one season, what a great thing!! Ever since the first episode of TAR I have wanted a Canadian version that we could have a chance to participate.
Unfortunately a bit late for me, BUT I have soooo many friends that are going to apply.

I really hope it is an international race course and that they don't cheap out on the locales. I expect the prize to be only $500 000, which is non taxable here so would be close to the $1mil offered pre-tax in the US.

I know that people who no longer watch the show will be drawn back into it for the Canadian version and so many of them will apply.

Offline Chameleon777

• RFF Not So Newbie

Online georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2012, 11:42:26 PM »
We can confirm that Phil WAS in Toronto then. :tup:

Can someone please tape this announcement for the rest of us? Even if it is just a hand cam,it would be great! Thanks!
"Our fans are pretty good. They don't give away too much. Sometimes people love dropping spoilers, but our fans are good. They tend to do it in such a way that doesn't ruin it for fans who don't want to know."--Phil Keoghan

Offline Chameleon777

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2012, 10:09:43 AM »
What if Phil is going to host it?

Online georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2012, 01:38:26 PM »
Won't happen, can you imagine the logistics?
"Our fans are pretty good. They don't give away too much. Sometimes people love dropping spoilers, but our fans are good. They tend to do it in such a way that doesn't ruin it for fans who don't want to know."--Phil Keoghan

Online Leafsfan

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2012, 06:37:31 PM »
Won't happen, can you imagine the logistics?

What do you mean?

It would likely have to be filmed in early spring to be shown in the summer which is an off time for the Amazing Race.

IDK Bu I agree that Phil won't host
Rip apskip

Map Maker (Just Pm me!)

Online Leafsfan

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2012, 07:03:33 PM »
Literaly 5 seconds long

Phil says get ready its coming to Canada and said visit a website !!

http://www.ctv.ca/theamazingracecanada.aspx

OMG! THe race is going to be within Canada only WTF!!!!

THE AMAZING RACE CANADA will provide a uniquely Canadian take on the original series, with competitors discovering the world within the borders of Canada. Though the series' specific destinations won't be revealed until it airs, Canada offers divergent topography and disparate locales that are bound to add to the excitement and complexity of the show and its challenges, from Vancouver Island's tropical rainforest, Alberta's parched Badlands, the peaks of the Rockies, and the barren tundra of the Great White North, to the Boreal forests of Ontario and Quebec, the sea-faring ports of the Maritimes, the fjords of Newfoundland, and the teeming metropolises and undiscovered towns in between.
Rip apskip

Map Maker (Just Pm me!)

Offline stunami

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2012, 07:05:20 PM »
I'm soo dissapointed.... :(  but it's still better than nothing

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2012, 07:07:43 PM »
I'd rather watch TAR's family edition instead. :groan: This is dumb. :res:

Online Leafsfan

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2012, 07:09:47 PM »
I'd rather watch TAR's family edition instead. :groan: This is dumb. :res:

Agreed! CTV is so cheap -.- They are owned by billionaires and this is what they come up with  (:;) (:;) (:;)
Rip apskip

Map Maker (Just Pm me!)

Offline Paldog

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • US Winter Olympic Team - Sochi 2014 - Go America!
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2012, 07:20:08 PM »
Canada, eh? :lol:

I can spoil if their is a Windsor, Ontario leg. :lol3: It's just a short drive under the tunnel! (I even have family there!)
"I've heard her called a quitter for leaving, an aimless wanderer. But not all who wander are aimless. Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition; beyond definition; beyond the image." ― Mona Lisa Smile

Online Leafsfan

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2012, 07:42:24 PM »
According to the AMazing Race Canada twitter feed the CTV.ca website is down! due to overwhelming interest!!

Rip apskip

Map Maker (Just Pm me!)

Offline AR FAN

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2012, 07:49:02 PM »
Literaly 5 seconds long

Phil says get ready its coming to Canada and said visit a website !!

http://www.ctv.ca/theamazingracecanada.aspx

OMG! THe race is going to be within Canada only WTF!!!!

THE AMAZING RACE CANADA will provide a uniquely Canadian take on the original series, with competitors discovering the world within the borders of Canada. Though the series' specific destinations won't be revealed until it airs, Canada offers divergent topography and disparate locales that are bound to add to the excitement and complexity of the show and its challenges, from Vancouver Island's tropical rainforest, Alberta's parched Badlands, the peaks of the Rockies, and the barren tundra of the Great White North, to the Boreal forests of Ontario and Quebec, the sea-faring ports of the Maritimes, the fjords of Newfoundland, and the teeming metropolises and undiscovered towns in between.
Less the Amazing Race Canada and more like Canada Rush

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2012, 08:57:17 PM »
According to the AMazing Race Canada twitter feed the CTV.ca website is down! due to overwhelming interest!!

DUE TO OVERWHELMING INTEREST? :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

Yuck.

Offline Theodorus

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • A million dollars? Drink with Jamy after the show?
« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2012, 08:58:34 PM »
That's so bad. I wish they could race around the world, just like TAR Aus :tantrum
TAR Greece: Soon. DTAR 2: Soon
#FF7F50

Online Leafsfan

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2012, 09:05:06 PM »
That's so bad. I wish they could race around the world, just like TAR Aus :tantrum

CTV = Cheap TV

LOL
Rip apskip

Map Maker (Just Pm me!)

Offline Kandace

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Deal with it
« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2012, 09:14:45 PM »
Still will be Amazing <3
Why would you listen to Kandace over me? She manipulated you! I was not a threat!

Online Leafsfan

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #48 on: December 02, 2012, 09:26:19 PM »
video of the commercial

http://www.ctvnews.ca/entertainment/ctv-to-air-the-amazing-race-canada-series-1.1062991

I LOL'd At this comment

"Canadians have been wildly enthusiastic of having a Canadian version of Amazing Race to travel the WORLD.. not just Canada! What`s amazing about that??!! That sucks. What's next? Survivor Canada? Can they make it 30 days in a Saskatchewan wheat field? How thrilling."

LMAO!
Rip apskip

Map Maker (Just Pm me!)

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #49 on: December 02, 2012, 09:28:07 PM »
From an internationals perspective I'm really excited about this, I don't know a hell of a lot about Canada so I'm looking forward to it. But yeah, if I was Canadian I too would be outraged. I was afraid the same thing would happen with TARAus :(

Custom Search