Author Topic: Ep 8 East Coast SHOW updates and commentary *start: 830PM or later* note rules  (Read 26518 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
:conf: Happy TAR DAY!!! :conf:

Even though we are a spoiler board, we do NOT want to have the episode spoiled while it is airing.

This will be more important than ever this season since Canada will be airing ahead of us any week we have Football delays...

SO!! If you are watching anything but an EST US feed, it is your responsibility to be sure you are not ahead of us if you want to post/update in this thread. Canadian feeds may be way ahead of us, especially when the US has a football delay,like this week!

SO PLEASE ** NO WIKI UPDATES or Satellite Viewer updates or ANY OUTCOMES ** to be posted before the show is done airing East Coast time! Anyone breaking the rule is at risk of being banned.  :browsie:

And NO future spoilers either!

Otherwise, come watch with us for the best weekly viewing party in town!! :party:

We will have a LIVE streaming video posted every week we can find one. So if you are overseas or just on the West Coast and want to watch right away...please join us! You can follow along and PLEASE help update as the show unfolds! We hope everyone will join in the fun!! :wohoo:

LIVE STREAMING VIDEO links will be  HERE and will normally be put up about 20 minutes before show time. These are a good check as to what times we are seeing the show.

Scheduling and delays will be posted HERE.

And you can entertain yourself with the weekly episode threads as well while you wait! **Spoilers**

Have FUN everyone and :tu for joining us!

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
so sorry! I got caught up!  :-[
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

NoluckBoston

Yeah!

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Previously on The Amazing Race…

6 teams raced from Istanbul to Moscow. Abbie & Ryan and Josh & Brent missed their connection and they decided to race the leg together. Nadiya & Natalie had trouble during the synchronized swimming detour, but were convinced to not use their Express Pass. Trey & Lexi won another leg and Josh & Brent had trouble at the detour. James & Abba lost their bags and passport.

“Will Josh & Brent get in sync and can James & Abba find their missing passports and stay in the race?”

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Oh, finally!  :hello2: :hello2:

We find the leg is finally over, but it's a Non-Elimination. James & Abba still don't have a passport. The Geekmans have a four hour penalty.

And the race continues in Russia.
Just here to visit.

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
And we’re back. “James & Abba, I need to know whether you have your passports to check into the mat.” Phil tells them to go find their passports.

Back at the swimming pool, Josh & Brent are told that the swimming pool is closing. They have one more chance. Abbie & Ryan are still watching. Josh & Brent were close to finishing, but Brent missed the last turn. They get their clue, but they have to take a 4-hour penalty. They’re still going to work together. Josh & Brent know that they’re doomed.

James & Abba are talking to the police about their passports.

Abbie & Ryan and Josh & Brent start at the detour. It’s really dark and they have headlights on. Abbie is having trouble unlocking the keys. Josh & Brent are done the roadblock. Josh & Brent see Abbie really struggling so they help Abbie. They both finish the roadblock together.

James & Abba contacted the US Embassy about getting a new passport. “Let’s go say goodbye to Phil.”

Abbie & Ryan and Josh & Brent both step onto the pit stop together. Phil tells them that there’s still a team struggling. Abbie & Ryan are team #4. Josh & Brent are team #5. They’ll have a penalty for the next leg.

James & Abba are back at the pit stop. They still haven’t found their passports. They are the last team to arrive… but it’s a non-elimination leg? What. They’re still in the race…? They still need their passport or else they’ll be eliminated. They will have a speedbump. They can still continue, but they will need their passport for the next leg.

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Trey & Lexi are the first to depart. No time? Make your way to the study building #6 Agricultural Academy. There they will find their next clue. Trey & Lexi’s taxi driver drops them off at a really shady place with broken beer bottles… Trey & Lexi comment on their interesting taxi driver.

Jaymes & James are the 2nd to depart. They want to remain near the top.

Trey & Lexi's cab driver takes them to the wrong place. Their window was open and a car passing by soaked them. :lol:

Jaymes & James arrived the first at the Agricultural Academy. They think the sign says Beyonce at 8. Their taxi driver waits with them :lol: They say they never get to anywhere first.

Trey & Lexi end up going to a hotel to try to find out where they're going... I'd switch cab drivers. :lol: They finally arrive at the building and they find out it's a HOO.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Trey & Lexi's taxi driver is hilarious!
Just here to visit.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Road Block:

Calculate times in each of the Russian time zones.
Just here to visit.

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
The doors open. Speedbump for James & Abba. Jaymes & James and Trey & Lexi are surprised.

Roadblock. "Who's in the zone?" Teams will be shown Russia's different time zones and a Russian time zone. Then they will have to figure out the time in 5 Russian cities.

Moscow time: 2:15. Before they figure it out, the map goes black. Jaymes and Lexi are working together.

omg the instructor dude is hilarious. :lol: "PENCILS DOWN." :lol3:

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
The Russian Professor, "The Pen-cils DOWN!"  :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
Just here to visit.

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
"It's not correct." Jaymes and Lexi are trying again. The time in Moscow is 4:00. And now they're madly writing down times. Lexi says it's back to college when she's not prepared for a quiz.

They're on test #6. Jaymes: "DON'T YOU SAY PENCILS DOWN."

"PENCILS DOWN."

:lol3: :lol3: :lol3: I love this guy.

Nadiya & Natalie are the 3rd to depart. They have to use their Express Pass today.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Phil tweets:

Come on Lexi, time to put that #UT education to the test #Hookem
Just here to visit.

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Lexi: "I thought we graduated..." :lol:

Lexi and Jaymes are working on a separate side of the sheet. They get each other's answers... "PENCILS DOWN." Not correct.

Test #11... "This is not correct. Try again."

Lexi figures out Moscow is +4. Lexi figures out +6 means +2. The map time is in UTC. Lexi: "We're dumb." :lol:

"THE PENCILS DOWN." omg I love this guy.

Offline WolfgalX

• RFF Jr. Member
Oh my god, the Roadblock guy is hilarious. "PENCILS DOWN!"  :lol3:

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
"NEXT ROUND!"

"THE PEN-CILS DOWN!!"

"I'm really sorry, but you win!!" :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
Just here to visit.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
The professor is hilarious!  The pencils DOWN!
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
I'M REALLY SORRY...BUT YOU WIN!  :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Detour:

Movers: Dance in time to the music. This is hilarious.

Shakers: Identify seven historical Russian leaders at a party.
Just here to visit.

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
omg this instructor dude is the best. They both finish the roadblock.

Detour: Movers & Shakers

Movers: Team swill have to learn and perform a Russian soldier dance. They will choose a soldier and they will have to learn the dance and perform it.

Shakers: Figure out 7 historical leader look-alikes at a party for each of the 7 historical leaders on a list.

Jaymes & James' driver is having breakfast and they want to hurry up. Trey & Lexi don't have a cab. Jaymes & James get Trey & Lexi a driver. :hrt: :hrt: :hrt: Jaymes & James are great. Lexi loves Jaymes & James.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Oh, the Twins tell the Taxi Driver who's been "taxi driver for 37 years," not to go to McDonald's because he's fat.  :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
Just here to visit.

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Natalie & Nadiya want to make sure their taxi driver knows where they're going. He wants to stop at McDonalds? Natalie & Nadiya question the taxi driver's abilities. Taxi driver: "I taxi thirty-seven years!" :lol3: And then Natalie or Nadiya calls their taxi driver fat so that's why they should not go to McDonalds.

Trey & Lexi and Jaymes & James are both doing the soldier dance. James sprained his ankle in Shanghai. He's struggling with this because he has to be using his ankle a lot. Jaymes & James don't want to switch detour. This routine is pretty intense. Trey & Lexi noticed that he's in pain. James is sweating a lot.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
James and Jaymes choose Movers Detour, but with a sprained ankle, it's a problem.
Just here to visit.

Offline WolfgalX

• RFF Jr. Member
Trey looks adorable in that outfit.  :hrt: I still don't know what to make of all this teamwork (between teams) all of a sudden.  :duno:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
Oh my god, the Roadblock guy is hilarious. "PENCILS DOWN!"  :lol3:

Great minds think alike WolfgalX! LOL. Welcome to RFF!

:bigwelcome
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.