Author Topic: TAR 22: Bitch, Moan, and Squeal Thread **Spoilers Inside!**  (Read 115186 times)

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
Re: TAR 22: Bitch, Moan, and Squeal Thread **Spoilers Inside!**
« Reply #275 on: March 17, 2013, 04:29:54 AM »
I completely agree with Oval on this.

Offline Puppet

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Arcanine <3
« Reply #276 on: March 17, 2013, 05:22:35 AM »
I think everyone just wants to see more of other teams right now. So far, I think I only know John & Jessica and Dave & Connor. :lol:
I have faith in what I see
Now I know I have met an angel in person and she looks perfect
I don't deserve this, you look perfect tonight

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #277 on: March 17, 2013, 05:51:28 AM »
Dave and Connor <33333333333333333333333333 H8RZ GONNA H8
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #278 on: March 17, 2013, 06:28:33 AM »
I honestly wouldn't mind them if it wasn't the "David & Connor's Amazing Adventure in a moon boot (+ bonus footage of 8 other teams racing around the world)". It's not them I don't like David & Connor as people, it's the fact that their whole ordeal is rammed down my throat for a full 10 minutes every episode, for four straight legs. I also kinda don't like how they're portrayed to be so inspirational and defy-all-the-odds people when they're clearly just as competent as everyone else - they've won two legs with a moon boot for god sake. It's not like they're struggling or anything :res: Nice people, I get it. But their edit is extremely irritating.

I seriously cannot wait until they're booted so I can actually get to know the other teams.

:winner

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #279 on: March 17, 2013, 06:42:55 AM »
...using the Express Pass when they don't really need it (which is also dumb)
Joab is quite right on this. The second most bonehead move of AR22 has been David and Connor not waiting out the fishing expedition a little longer. That pond was stocked so that you could hardly miss catching a trout. If they had continued doing it and not used their Express Pass then they still would almost for sure have caught a trout and finished first in that episode. Then they could have extended their stay in AR22 by one more episode by and gotten one more prize once they did use it to skip a ROADBLOCK.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #280 on: March 17, 2013, 07:04:56 AM »
I don't even think the luxury of winning two legs is more important than getting further in this race. Since the problem now is Dave's leg can't bring them further any longer, why not only use it at the most crucial point which will ensure their survival? I mean, it's great that they have two leg wins, a trip to KL (?) and $10,000 in their pockets, but I would rather want to stay as long as I can in the race than to waste it just so that I can win a leg.. and get the best flight out so that I have a chance of winning the next too.

Now if they have to quit one task on the next leg due to Dave's inability to compete, they only have themselves to blame for not looking at the big picture.

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #281 on: March 17, 2013, 07:36:28 AM »
I know peach, I don't blame Dave and Connor at all and actually liked them on the first episode. Then seeing how he raced to the pitstop just so he can win the leg and injured himself (which is dumb), using the Express Pass when they don't really need it (which is also dumb) and then cheating at last leg's Roadblock (which is sly), my respect and liking for this team is 0% right now.

I blame CBS for their story edit, but I just have no liking for this team. Mug put it best, if you are selling me a sob story of these two people, then they really better be of the best righteous character and attitude. :res:

Them cornering Jessica and John for the EP was pretty  :res: :groan: too. I know there's a pact going on but if Jessica and John doesn't give it to you, don't whine. You didn't even come in SECOND place for Leg 1. :res:

Edited for bad taste on the part of the poster. Read the rules!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 01:28:26 PM by TexasLady »

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #282 on: March 17, 2013, 09:47:54 AM »
Them cornering Jessica and John for the EP was pretty  :res: :groan: too. I know there's a pact going on but if Jessica and John doesn't give it to you, don't whine. You didn't even come in SECOND place for Leg 1. :res:

So what? They wanted the Express Pass because it plays a helpful tool for skipping a task.

Initially I believed that they ended up wasting the Pass in Leg 3, but they really only did that because they were thinking of the fact that they wouldn't last much longer with the injury.. so why not just win the leg and get a prize before possibly going home?

Anthony & Bates came in 2nd place in Leg 1.. so it doesn't mean that Jessica & John had to give it to them? They weren't even part of the pact, that's why Dave & Connor were so concerned about the Pass because they were the second team of the pact to arrive.

Just because they didn't come in second place doesn't mean that they still couldn't get it.

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #283 on: March 17, 2013, 11:17:27 AM »
Everyone talking about the pact: Had I won Leg 01, I would probably give the EP to whoever I like, or, thinking strategically, to who I see the weakest. I have studied games theory and strategic behaviour, and D/C have NOTHING to make a credible threat, so J/J could have left them in the dust. Onviously they didn't because they saw the broken achilles, and I have to say, smart moves for the surfers.

About the D/C edit, I agree with peach, Joab and Oval. CBS has to feature it and, if possible, create as much drama as possible (how on earth are you inserting a commercial break if you did not create drama before?) but it is clear that the edit they receive is like "we are the heart of the Race, we need 30' of each episode so as to mention the word cancer and achilles like 156068461 times". I am starting to get really tired, as with many other teams in past races.

Offline BuuYaa

• RFF Full Member
  • TAR 22 <3; TAR 23 must be better
« Reply #284 on: March 17, 2013, 01:30:05 PM »
I honestly wouldn't mind them if it wasn't the "David & Connor's Amazing Adventure in a moon boot (+ bonus footage of 8 other teams racing around the world)". It's not them I don't like David & Connor as people, it's the fact that their whole ordeal is rammed down my throat for a full 10 minutes every episode, for four straight legs. I also kinda don't like how they're portrayed to be so inspirational and defy-all-the-odds people when they're clearly just as competent as everyone else - they've won two legs with a moon boot for god sake. It's not like they're struggling or anything :res: Nice people, I get it. But their edit is extremely irritating.

I seriously cannot wait until they're booted so I can actually get to know the other teams.

:winner

LMFAO!
I wonder when they get eliminated later, they would still somehow appear along the future episodes?
Like for example when remaining racers talked about D/C after they got booted, and WHOOAA! there's another clip of D/C.
So annoying!!!
The dad whined for an EP and now begged another teams not to go for the Fast Forward
UUUGH!
Dude, You're on THE AMAZING RACE, not the amazing charity...

Once they're out, I ain't see'em again till final leg. Them on the opening credits, fine. other than that I'll shoot myself

« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 01:34:41 PM by BuuYaa »
Please Bring'em back:
=======================================
MM: Jaymes&James; Mark&Bopper
FF: Caroline&Jennifer; Pam&Winnie; Natalie&Nadiya;
MF: Joey&Meghan;
Couple : Max&Katie; Abby&Ryan; Brendon&Rachel; Amani&Marcus;
Elder Couple : Chuck&Wynona; Bill&Cathi;
======================================

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #285 on: March 28, 2013, 07:15:00 PM »
Since we are at the halfway point of TAR22, I would like to reflect back and review on the first half.

Leg 1 (United States --> French Polynesia)
RATING: 9/10
And off of the Griffith Observatory grounds, the eleven new teams had to fly from LAX to Bora Bora! No starting line challenge = no time wasted. That was a fairly good sign there. After landing in Bora Bora, the first Roadblock brought "Amazing" to a beautiful bird's eye view of the island in the Pacific. Then appears the dreaded double Roadblock. As much as I loved the concept of the task, I didn't like how teams were able to quit to be ahead, so a lukewarm response is acceptable.

LEG 2 (French Polynesia)
RATING: 9/10
Usually Leg 2s are the bore w*ores of the season, but this one was full of excitement and pure "AMAZ"ement. Visiting a couple motus and an in-water Detour was creativity at its finest. The Detour proved to be rather simple and easy, but manageable. The jet ski ride to the Roadblock motu was fascinating and so much fun as I have been jet skiing with friends in the Great Lakes before. I can explain how each of the ten teams felt while on them. The Roadblock was challenging and quite daring. Probably one of the first times "coconut stilt soccer" has been played in the French Polynesia. Overall, a unique leg.

Leg 3 (French Polynesia --> New Zealand)
RATING: 2/10
The nine teams flown from the desolate islands of Polynesia to the tranquil countryside of southern New Zealand. I have to say, this is one of the least likable legs in Phil's home country. How could WRP do such a thing to "try to degrade" Phil's hometown. :'( This leg looked more suitable for Alabama than New Zealand. Seriously, nothing was touched on the NZ countryside... a random slolam course, fishing (thank goodness Chuck & Wynona made this entertaining), and then there is "shemozzle", "shmuzzle", "shlossel"? The heck is that? :groan: I would have rather seen teams sheer tie-dyed sheep than this tomfoolery. At least that's a real four-day fun festival in NZ. Then, Dave & Connor get the finished RB edit. What did the other teams do, quit the RB? I dislike the schmoss-whatever, but I'd like to see editing do better than have unfinished production.

LEG 4 (New Zealand --> Indonesia)
RATING: 7/10
And the nine teams are off to another island, Indonesia... for the third time. However, this one was way better than the ones from TAR19 or 21. The monkey & coconut additional task was cute and creative. I officially want a capuchin monkey as a pet... thanks for the suggestion Caroline & Jennifer! :lol3: The Detour was ridiculously boring for me. Nothing was eye catching or appealing for me watching teams make an offering or umm... what was it... Sandy Bottom. Other than the ritual parade to the temple, I didn't like the Detour. Simply that. The Roadblock was cool, thanks for the help of Chuck & Wynona scrambling about the beach looking for Phil. I like the early beginning for a memory task, but it was really awkward to bring it to the Pit Stop to check in. It wasn't like the season 10 pendant, season 12 chicken, or the ever so famous Travelocity gnome. "Cute" leg, but it was still a little underwhelming. No more Indonesia after this, please.

LEG 5 (Indonesia --> Vietnam)
RATING: 8/10
Aside from the annoying, but debatable controversy, I felt great with this leg. Congratulations for ruining the plausible chance of having an all-island season. The Roadblock was creative and the memorization of a special phrase is unique. I felt like dancing the "Twinnies jig" (from their Fallopian tubes Roadblock) to the song they sang. The bamboo additional task looked easy, but still teams struggled with it... Chuck & Wynona. The Detour felt off with the chess and pho choices. The chess was pretty straightforward and easy. Matching costumed people to a chessboard as a reference. The pho was a little difficult with the language barrier, but teams received help from the locals which made it easier and all they needed to do is weigh them and follow instructions to make pho. I thought Maria & Tiffany's pho Speed Bump was much better and more entertaining than this though.

LEG 6 (Vietnam --> Botswana)
RATING: 7/10
Teams transition from Asia to Africa! Yay! And they went to the most known salt pan reserve in Botswana, Makagadi-whatever Pans National Park. I think the only reason why this leg was so good was the bushmen's sense of humor and hospitality towards the racers. The Roadblock was scary and those bushmen are just "AMAZING"! for tranquilizing the scorpion in his mouth. Stink it to death. :hoot: Loved it. The Detour was rather boring. Making fire is a hard task, but unbearable to watch. Thanks Becky and Sundra! The "turkey" trap construction was cool, but also not that cheerful to jump to. The bushmen sure know how to create some humor into this leg because the racers weren't bringing it this leg. Let's hope Sunday we will see crocodile and donkey mania erupt.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #286 on: March 29, 2013, 02:07:31 AM »
LINEAR LEGS <///3

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

addie

« Reply #288 on: March 29, 2013, 01:58:35 PM »
Rachel NZ looked amazing in that leg, I dont know what episode you have watched.

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #289 on: March 29, 2013, 02:05:15 PM »
ikr Rachel I lOVED New Zealand in TAR22 <33

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #290 on: March 29, 2013, 02:10:02 PM »
I wanted Christchurch reconstruction, Phil's family's B&B, and most esp Phil's DAD! But the countryside was beautiful.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #292 on: March 29, 2013, 03:17:49 PM »
Rachel NZ looked amazing in that leg, I dont know what episode you have watched.
I like WRP visiting the South Island of New Zealand since it is beautiful there, but the tasks just told me nothing about the culture or landscape of the mountainside terrain. I at least wanted to see tasks using the landscape as an advantage like sheep herding or another Zorb task down the side of the mountain into a lake or something. The fishing task was using the landscape, but isn't that exciting.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #293 on: March 29, 2013, 05:23:21 PM »
Well as someone who lives about 2 hours from Christchurch I was quite happy with the leg but my only gripe is that it didn't really go into the city itself. I would of liked them to of gone into the City and get as close to the CBD as they could but that's just me.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #294 on: March 31, 2013, 12:51:48 PM »
Knowing who will win Leg 7 and who will most probably be eliminated, I am TOTALLY excited for Leg 7. Gonna watch it 5 days later and update my game late too. :res:

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #295 on: March 31, 2013, 09:07:12 PM »
:lol: at only 1/6 of the Final 6 winning a leg (so far).

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #296 on: March 31, 2013, 09:20:40 PM »
Knowing who will win Leg 7 and who will most probably be eliminated, I am TOTALLY excited for Leg 7. Gonna watch it 5 days later and update my game late too. :res:

Yes...on friday , please
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #297 on: March 31, 2013, 10:04:30 PM »

INVALID NOW. <3

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #298 on: March 31, 2013, 10:10:31 PM »

INVALID NOW. <3

JOAB YOU LIKED AN F/F TEAM BEING ELIMINATED?  :ascared

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #299 on: March 31, 2013, 10:13:38 PM »
No... but I like it when unexpected things occur. I didn't really like Pamela and Winnie anyway, although they are really quotable. I guess I don't care about any of the remaining teams anymore? :lol3: