Subscribe to the Big Brother Live Feeds

Author Topic: TAR 22: Bitch, Moan, and Squeal Thread **Spoilers Inside!**  (Read 35840 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 22: Bitch, Moan, and Squeal Thread **Spoilers Inside!**
« Reply #250 on: January 24, 2013, 08:49:50 PM »
Is it confirmed already? Or you're just kidding?  :lol3:

Read the spoilers...that is confirmed!
"Our fans are pretty good. They don't give away too much. Sometimes people love dropping spoilers, but our fans are good. They tend to do it in such a way that doesn't ruin it for fans who don't want to know."--Phil Keoghan

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #251 on: January 25, 2013, 03:24:23 AM »
TAR 20 minus Art and JJ and Brendon and Rachel would be a perfect season.

And TAR 21 had double blind U-TURN which is a new twist.

I don't like the TWO EPs twist... :oh

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #252 on: January 26, 2013, 09:09:24 AM »
two EP's <333
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Online Leafsfan

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #253 on: January 29, 2013, 09:53:25 PM »
Just a tidbit

A poll on the Toronto Maple Leafs website is asking which pair of Leafs would make a good team on the Race (after Battaglia off course)
Rip apskip

Map Maker (Just Pm me!)

Offline BuuYaa

• RFF Full Member
  • TAR 22 <3; TAR 23 must be better
« Reply #254 on: January 30, 2013, 12:43:34 PM »
Without new twists. TWIST = Double U-Turn and Express Pass

Strongest season WITHOUT new Twists : 20.

14 : Blind U-Turn
15 : Elimination on the SL
17 : Double Uturn and EP
18 : Auto U-Turn on the SL
19 : Double Elimination
20 : NADA!!!  :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:
21 : Double your Money.

Don't forget:

22: TWO EP's but you have to give one to another team by the 4th leg of the race.

I personally find the twist REALLY upsetting... what's the point of running a "race", when you could save another team's sake? What is this, Big Brother?

Try this,
~let's just say there are team A and team B. Team A already finished the RB, first out of 10 or 9 teams, while team B has just arrived at the RB and currently in last place. And Team A would be like "Hey you know what team B has just arrived. They're weak, they get lost a lot, if we give them the xtra express pass, they're 100% using it cause they're dead last. We'll just cut a deal with them to let us win the leg. Besides, we're keeping a weaker team than us which is good."
what's the point of the amazing "race" then? it's not even a race anymore.If team B literally pass some other teams while performing a RB, now that's what we call a "race", not because another team's effort. N

The season will be covered in drama I am sure that much
if they wanted more drama, they could just award an EXTRA U-TURN to the team that win LEG 1.
an EXTRA U-TURN will appear at the end of any detours up until certain leg (i.e. LEG 8 ot 7). And that u-turn can only be used by the team who won LEG 1 (Team X). Every other teams must check in on every extra u-turns after finishing detours they encounter, but still only Team X can use it. Any regular or blind Double U-Turns may appear along with this EXTRA U-TURN and Team X has the right to use 'em once like any other teams. So in particular, Team X might U-Turn up to 2 teams on the same leg.

how's that for a Drama Changing Plan?

Please Bring'em back:
=======================================
MM: Jaymes&James; Mark&Bopper
FF: Caroline&Jennifer; Pam&Winnie; Natalie&Nadiya;
MF: Joey&Meghan;
Couple : Max&Katie; Abby&Ryan; Brendon&Rachel; Amani&Marcus;
Elder Couple : Chuck&Wynona; Bill&Cathi;
======================================

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #255 on: January 31, 2013, 10:49:32 AM »
I don't see any difference in two EPs or two chance to U-TURN... :stare

What if the team wanted to void the second U-TURN like what Trey and Lexi did last season.

Try this,
~let's just say there are team A and team B. Team A already finished the Detour, third out of 5 teams, while team B has just arrived at the Detour and currently in last place. And Team A would be like "Hey you know what team B has just arrived. They're weak, they get lost a lot, if we U-TURN team C (4th team) and then void another U-TURN, TEAM C will be dead last. We'll just cut a deal to tell them they owe us one. Besides, we're keeping a weaker team than us which is good."

what's the point of the amazing "race" then? it's not even a race anymore. If team B literally pass team C because of the U-TURN, there's no point in calling it a "race", not because of another team's effort.

Just edited it with your very own words and the scenario you proposed.. ability to use both U-TURN by the same team will be flawed as well.

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #256 on: January 31, 2013, 02:36:26 PM »
OMG NO PROPER STARTING LINE CHALLENGE YAY

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #257 on: January 31, 2013, 08:17:49 PM »
Aw, I always have loved starting line challenges with assigned flights. :(

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #258 on: February 01, 2013, 06:18:26 AM »
OMG NO PROPER STARTING LINE CHALLENGE YAY

:hearts:  :hearts:  :hearts:

I always thought those pointless challenges took up too much screentime – causing the whole first episodes to become crap (all rushed and everything)  :groan:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #259 on: February 02, 2013, 04:39:59 AM »
If the starting line challenge is interesting. I like the Taiwan umbrella in TAR 19, TAR 20 we had teams look through hot air balloons which is good for HDTV but really it was a matter of luck. TAR 18 had a good one with all the planes. TAR 21's abseil downwards is pointless. TAR 17 we didn't have a start line challenge right? The one is TAR 15 is alright, but the start line elimination sucked.

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #260 on: February 06, 2013, 02:52:07 PM »
Squeal! First ep looks amazing! :hrt:

3 teams quitting?! Must be a sign that the tasks are amped up this season or the teams are just weak this season :groan:

Btw, one of the blondes break down? lol.

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #261 on: February 06, 2013, 05:23:06 PM »
I hope it means the tasks are more difficult! :hoot: The cast doesn't seem to be that weak.

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Full Member
  • TAR INDONESIA...!!!
« Reply #262 on: February 07, 2013, 03:09:27 AM »
3 teams quit?? reminds me of TARA 1, leg #3 at Kuta Beach, Bali. many teams quit because they couldn't find that tiny surf board  :groan:

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Welcome to the cloneverse.
« Reply #263 on: February 07, 2013, 07:06:00 AM »
3 teams quit?? reminds me of TARA 1, leg #3 at Kuta Beach, Bali. many teams quit because they couldn't find that tiny surf board  :groan:

I was thinking about the same thing, with the 5 teams quitting and all receiving their penalties on the mat.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains--however improbable--must be the truth." --Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Online Leafsfan

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #264 on: February 07, 2013, 07:45:54 AM »
And the meat roadblock from Argentina.
Rip apskip

Map Maker (Just Pm me!)

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #265 on: February 07, 2013, 09:10:18 PM »
I can't believe TAR is doing a luck task on leg one. I don't like it, (mainly luck tasks in general). :(

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #266 on: February 07, 2013, 09:13:11 PM »
^^ I see it more as a memory challenge... you have to remember which sandcastles you've done and what everyone else has done and then pick the other ones. It's kinda like a massive game of concentration. Looks like an epic task imo.

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #267 on: February 07, 2013, 09:20:07 PM »
I see your point and I never thought of it like that, but any good racer would probably systematically go through them and only use their memory to see what others have done.

It kinda sorta also reminds me of the dune buggie hourglass task in TARAus 1, you have to know which ones you have done and which one's other people have done, but there is still a whole bunch of luck involved imo, which I don't like. Leave the luck to taxi drivers and other stuff, not tasks.

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #268 on: February 07, 2013, 09:28:56 PM »
I see your point and I never thought of it like that, but any good racer would probably systematically go through them and only use their memory to see what others have done.

It kinda sorta also reminds me of the dune buggie hourglass task in TARAus 1, you have to know which ones you have done and which one's other people have done, but there is still a whole bunch of luck involved imo, which I don't like. Leave the luck to taxi drivers and other stuff, not tasks.

Well taxis shouldn't really be a problem at all in French Polynesia, so I am fine with a luck-based task. Especially since it seems really epic. It does help that the task is fallowed by a difficult task with no luck involved at all.

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #269 on: February 15, 2013, 05:30:24 PM »
they have set the bar REALLY high with this season, and i am praying that it lives up to the hype otherwise im going to be SO disappointed :(
im excited!

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Cookies with licorice, can't get better than this!
« Reply #270 on: February 15, 2013, 09:53:23 PM »
If they completely skip the team introductions and not have a proper starting line task (which takes up some time), the Griffith Observatory start will be the worst edited first 5 minutes in TAR history. :(
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom... FULFILLED <3
----------------------------------------------------
TAR QUOTE OF THE MONTH July 2014
"Too hot to handle." ~Phil (of Phil Keoghan <3; season 11, Leg 6)

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #271 on: February 15, 2013, 09:57:19 PM »
If they completely skip the team introductions and not have a proper starting line task (which takes up some time), the Griffith Observatory start will be the worst edited first 5 minutes in TAR history. :(

im not sure if they are having a proper start line task BUT THEY ARE DEFINITELY HAVING THE TEAM INTRODUCTIONS. THEY DONT SHOW IT IN THE SNEAK PEEK BECAUSE THEY WANT TO SAVE IT FOR THE ACTUAL EPISODE. GAH

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Cookies with licorice, can't get better than this!
« Reply #272 on: February 15, 2013, 10:50:03 PM »

im not sure if they are having a proper start line task BUT THEY ARE DEFINITELY HAVING THE TEAM INTRODUCTIONS. THEY DONT SHOW IT IN THE SNEAK PEEK BECAUSE THEY WANT TO SAVE IT FOR THE ACTUAL EPISODE. GAH

Okay, thanks for the defogging, supah! :) Now that the issue is cleared up, I can not wait until Sunday night!
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom... FULFILLED <3
----------------------------------------------------
TAR QUOTE OF THE MONTH July 2014
"Too hot to handle." ~Phil (of Phil Keoghan <3; season 11, Leg 6)

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Welcome to the cloneverse.
« Reply #273 on: February 15, 2013, 10:55:34 PM »

Okay, thanks for the defogging, supah! :) Now that the issue is cleared up, I can not wait until Sunday night!

Guys, I made the caps of that vid, and it's been edited. Supah is right.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains--however improbable--must be the truth." --Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #274 on: February 17, 2013, 03:31:16 AM »
There is going to be teams' intro.

Custom Search