Author Topic: Ep 7 East Coast SHOW updates and commentary *start: 800PM or later* note rules  (Read 4425 times)

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
Well it was pretty obvious by two thirds through this that it had to be a continuing leg of some sort, either that or they hardly showed any of the two last placed teams doing tasks.  So it was a bit of a surpise when Phil didn't tell the leading team to carry on.  Still a continuing leg of sorts though I suppose.

The detour was good.  I expected though that the judge would be quite lenient with the synchronized swimming (just like the Bollywood dance in the last season).  The library task looked the easier one to do, and actually on the side of one of the filing cabinets did appear to be the Russian alphabet in alphabetical order, but I'm not sure either team noticed it.  That was the whole of the leg though, the locks in the tree wasn't really that big a deal.

Taxis again having a big role to play here, going off with a team's belongings.  It's hardly the first time a taxi has left without waiting for a team but I don't remember them doing it while having a team's backpacks with them.  I never like taxis deciding the race.

As for the plane drama it was nice not to see them all on the same plane for once even if two teams got left behind.  I understood them deciding to keep with each other, that is up until they waited for a team to complete a detour.  I didn't get that at all, it's a race.  I thought they meant they would just go to the cluebox and choose the same detour together not that they would wait for each other to complete a task, as that makes no sense.

Overall I liked Lexi a bit more this episode, no loud annoying 'yays!' that I remember.  Trey is still boring.  Abi and Ryan though obviously meant to be the baddies are probably one of the few interesting team dynamics in this race.  The other teams I'm not sure I care about that much right now.  Funniest moment though was probably when Phil shouted out very happily 'you're team number 3!!!' to the twins and their response was so downbeat, or them sniping at each other at the tree.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 06:18:34 AM by starrynight »
Reality Fan Forum, where 'enthusiasm' is completely redefined as not meaning having an interest in and having something to say but as having to be completely positive even about aspects of something you disagree on.  So both the fan and forum (discussion) aspects are prescribed/limited.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I wonder if they had to TBC it because team #1 will be released before someone is eliminated, a la TAR10.

Magnus,

I believe you really meant AR11 (not AR10), at the end of episode 7 before the bus trip to Auschwitz and Krakow.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Well, we don't know whether leg 7 is or is not an elimination. But I don't think we'll be leaving Moscow without an NEL.

The detour, both sides of it, were hilarious. The swim coach was excellent as a judge, she did seem to be very consistent about what she would accept.

theschnauzers,

My definition of a NEL (which may be different from the World Race Productions' definition) is different from a TBC. The TBC for leg 7 is executed with no elimination at the Bolshoi Theater pit stop. Once that happens, if you count the remaining legs before the finale you get 4 and if you count the teams to be eliminated that's 3. That means there can be only one more NEL for the remainder of the race. It's possible that it occurs in Moscow 2, but I consider that very unlikely.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

The detour was good.  I expected though that the judge would be quite lenient with the synchronized swimming (just like the Bollywood dance in the last season).  The library task looked the easier one to do, and actually on the side of one of the filing cabinets did appear to be the Russian alphabet in alphabetical order, but I'm not sure either team noticed it. 

The question of how the "skill" routines are judged for obviously inept teams is an interesting one. Mark's Bollywood dance routine in Tanzania was not getting better. It was getting worse. I believe that someone on the World Race Productions' production staff makes the decisions and somehow communicates them to the individual doing the pass/fail scoring. I suspect that the same thing happened with multiple teams against the Chinese ping pong champion. That champion could serve at any level they wished to and easily won every point for a long time if they anted to. For the later-arriving teams she elected to give them a break. That may have been production-mandated.

The same thing came up last night. It did not appear that James/Abba had really passed. They were given a mercy pass at some point.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • Get me out of China!
I think it wasn't meant to be a TBC. It was meant to be a NEL or an Elimination Leg definitely.

After 21 seasons, if a teams still lose their passport... they honestly deserve it. -_-

Honestly, I'll place my passports in my underwear 24/7 if I have to. :lol3:
President of RFF's Resident Procrastinator Club

I'm rude only to rude people. :)

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
Yes, but I bet most of the teams have their visa in their backpack.  I suppose always have your backpack with you as you can't trust anyone else with it.
Reality Fan Forum, where 'enthusiasm' is completely redefined as not meaning having an interest in and having something to say but as having to be completely positive even about aspects of something you disagree on.  So both the fan and forum (discussion) aspects are prescribed/limited.

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative

.... Mark's Bollywood dance routine in Tanzania Kerala, India, was not getting better....

for what i know it's there  ;)

Don't ever put {hashtag} '#amazingrace' if you don't want to be chased by RFF's TAR Detectives 8)

Offline Kandace

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • come on green
    • My Tumblr
Woah, do they have new detour icons?? Or is this just the first time I notice it xD
Can we get some white belts in here this is horrible

Offline NoluckBoston

• RFF Sr. Member
As a Librarian I loved this episode!

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
Yes, but I bet most of the teams have their visa in their backpack.  I suppose always have your backpack with you as you can't trust anyone else with it.

Their backpacks are gone too....

Offline Jimmer

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Sarah the Cedar Rapids Native <3
Woah, do they have new detour icons?? Or is this just the first time I notice it xD

No, it's the same icons, it's just that the word 'Detour' is moved toward the left and right because 'alphabetized' and 'synchronized' are long words. :tup:

Offline Kandace

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • come on green
    • My Tumblr
Thats what I meant. I know they moved the <Detour> and I was curious if it was the first time they did that.
Can we get some white belts in here this is horrible

Offline Jimmer

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Sarah the Cedar Rapids Native <3
Yeah, that's the first time they did that.

Custom Search