Author Topic: The Ten Worst Teams in 'Amazing Race' History  (Read 93157 times)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
The Ten Worst Teams in 'Amazing Race' History
« on: November 10, 2012, 10:57:46 AM »
http://thecelebritycafe.com/feature/2012/11/ten-worst-teams-amazing-race-history

10. Nick DeCarlo and Vicki Casciola, 26, Dating couple from Henderson NV (Season 17):
Nick had one of the more violent tempers on the show, and could lose it pretty quickly. His losing it as often as he did often reduced poor Vicki to tears.

9. Mark and Michael Munoz, 48 and 51, Brothers and Stuntmen from Los Angeles CA and Maui HI (Season 17):
Mark and Michael managed to garner the most penalties in Amazing Race history, getting three in a row between two legs. One such penalty was a result of their trying to hide bike pumps that were needed to complete a task from the other teams in the 7th leg of the race.

8. Sam and Dan McMillen, 23 and 21, Gay brothers from Liberty MO (Season 15):
The brothers bickered with one another constantly, and most notably during the Switchback Haystack Roadblock. Their villainous act occurred in the 10th leg of their race, when they bribed competitors Brian and Ericka’s taxi driver to take them to their next leg, leaving the married couple stranded behind.

7. Kisha and Jen Hoffman, 28 and 24, Sisters from Bronx NY and Louisville KY (Seasons 14 and 18):
In season 14, they argued with Mother/Son team Margie and Luke on one leg, and wound up getting into a nasty confrontation with them on the mat at the Pit Stop. The two also suffered from problems communicating with each other as well. They managed to redeem themselves when they returned for Season 19, “Unfinished Business,” where they won the race.

6. Art Velez and JJ Carrell, 43 and 42, Friends and Border Patrol Agents from Temecula and Carlsbad CA (Season 20):
The agents, who were nice in the first half of their race, even donating half their winnings from a first-place finish leg to competitors Mark and Bopper, were also kind of cocky, and ended up bullying competitors Nary and Jamie later on because they figured out that the two were not teachers like they claimed, but were really federal agents instead. They also formally ended their alliance with eventual winners Dave and Rachel, because they didn’t U-turn Brendon and Rachel during one leg.

5. Joe Baldassare and Bill Bartek, “Team Guido,” Life Partners (Seasons 1 and 11):
All-together unfriendly, sneaky, petty and full of themselves, they are best remembered for causing the show’s first major fight in a Tunisian airport that had to be broken up by security in Season 1. Karma paid them back big time in the final leg, when they wound up so far behind the other two teams that they never finished the race and were instead informed of Rob and Brennan’s win via a note. They were somewhat nicer the second time around in Season 11’s “All-Stars” Edition, but didn’t make it quite as far.

4. Brendon Villegas and Rachel Reilly, 31 and 27, Engaged ‘Big Brother’ Stars from Westwood CA (Season 20):
Perhaps one of the most argumentative couples in recent Race history, their constant bickering, and Rachel’s incessant crying every time something didn’t go her way made them impossible to like. Rachel cried over something either Brendon or another competitor said every single leg of the race, and if she wasn’t crying about that, she cried about how badly she perceived that she and Brendon were doing that leg. The race can get emotional—but her emotional immaturity that made her seem like a five-year-old constantly throwing a temper tantrum was over the top .

3. Natalie and Nadiya Anderson, 26, Twins from Edgewater NJ (Season 21):
Though their season is still underway, the Senegalese “twinnies” have already proven that they are not a good team, constantly annoying and making terrible comments about their fellow competitors. Their shining moment as villians (thus far) occurred in the 6th leg of the race, when they found fellow competitors James and Abba’s money for that leg on the floor of a travel agency, and instead of giving it back to them, kept it for themselves. This move would have ended the race for James and Abba had they not met nice people on the streets of Bangladesh who helped pay their way.

2. Carol Rosenfeld and Brandy Snow, 47 and 40, Dating couple from Los Angeles CA (Season 16):
They started off the race on a sour note with Brent and Caite by mad-mouthing Caite at the airport to her fellow competitors, informing them that she was the famous Miss South Carolina at Teen USA 2007 who couldn’t answer a question about World Geography. They continually made incessant remarks about the two, resulting in Brent and Caite U-turning them in their ninth and final leg. After Brent and Caite’s third place finish across the finish line, the insults and remarks continued, after Caite extended an olive branch that was rejected by Brandy. Their arrogance and loud-mouthed attitudes made them awful to watch, and impossible to root for.

1. Jonathon Baker and Victoria Fuller, 42 and 32, Married Entrepreneurs from Los Angeles CA (Season 6):
The most explosive bickering team of all time, their bickering culminated in a moment when Jonathon physically pushed his wife to the ground, something that shocked viewers and still stands out in Amazing Race history.

Kisha and Jen on the list = :res:

And then you don't have BJ and Tyler, Eric and Danielle, Weaver Family, Rob and Amber, Tara and Wil etc.. some of the teams were there because they bickered. So, these teams that I mentioned above should be mentioned too?

What are YOUR ten worst teams on TAR history?

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: The Ten Worst Teams in 'Amazing Race' History
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 11:21:29 AM »
Here is my Worst 3:
3. Brendon and Rachel
2. Jonothan and Victoria
1. Charla and Mirna (how were they left off the list?!!)

addie

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2012, 11:50:25 AM »
Get numbers 7,9 and 10 of this list NOW.

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2012, 01:17:30 PM »
Senegalese. Amazing info change.

About the top, I feel quite meh by analizing an opinion post. I do not see it that way, this is probably not made by a TAR follower asmwe are, just IMHO.

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2012, 01:19:46 PM »
This is about as truthful as the Frank Eudy article.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2012, 01:23:23 PM »
Well they at least got one right! Jonathan & Victoria. :lol:

I'll have to ponder about the rest of my list...

As for Kisha & Jen, if I remember right it was Margie & Luke that were in the wrong in that battle, but editing was all in Margie & Luke's favor. :P
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2012, 02:27:19 PM »
sry but 2, 3, 8 & 10 were amazing.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2012, 03:07:42 PM »
So subjective, lol.

I would have maybe included the first quitters...Marshall and Lance.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Tarfan37

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2012, 03:37:52 PM »
So subjective, lol.

I would have maybe included the first quitters...Marshall and Lance.
but one of them had an injury....

how about the queens of the botched clue: kelly and Kristy followed by ill go my own route monster truckers... i guess david and cherrie (the clowns) im sorry but u cant live up to john and al

i also wanna add TAR 18 was unfinished buisness.. this article is invalid

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2012, 06:36:27 PM »
Villainous =/= Worst :'( :'( The article's title is misdirecting (although the description fits)

Every TV show, whether it’s scripted, reality, pre-taped, or live-action, always has at least one villain thrown into the mix. This holds true mostly every season on CBS’s reality show, The Amazing Race. In 21 seasons, teams have either schemed maliciously to get ahead of competitors, come to physical and verbal blows with each other, or just plain whined so much, that they go down more in infamy for how they treated others than they do for how far they got in a race around the world. Here are the Top 10 who will live in infamy for either their conniving ways, or their plain bad teamwork.

LOL fail article (although I do quite agree with #1) :lol:
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2012, 08:20:05 PM »
Nick & Vicki weren't as bad as Chad & Stephanie. Vicki might have been naive, but she was innocent. Nick kept verbally "attacking" her and forced her to quit the Sampan Detour which caused their elimination in the following leg. Vicki deserves to be with someone better. On the other hand, the first relationship changer of the franchise (Chad & Steph) were just a hot mess! Chad needs some serious anger management classes, and yelling at Stephanie for not completing the snowmobile course... unnecessary foul play. I remember when Steph purposely threw the shovel in the cow dung so Mallory would have a tougher time getting it. (:;) BOOOOO!!! (:;) That engagement was totally errh... paradoxical if not touching, but other than that, I don't see any other sweet moments of them.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2012, 09:05:06 PM »
I don't think any of the teams are bad. None deserve to be on that list since every team who has ever raced is amazing. :)

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2012, 09:53:21 PM »
I don't think any of the teams are bad. None deserve to be on that list since every team who has ever raced is amazing. :)

THIS! (or maybe with the exception of Art and JJ) jk :lol:
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2012, 10:17:26 PM »
My opinion of my least favorite teams in original TAR version (worst you may call it):
10. Ari & Staella - Don't be surprised if you see a couple more TAR12 teams on my list. Just by first impressions, I could tell they are your worst nightmare team. Stalling people for taxis, screaming and "harassing" a donkey, and complains if things don't go their way. Thankful they were the 1st team to get a taxi and the 1st team eliminated.
9. Marshall & Lance - They verbally and visually attacked Charla & Mirna in season 5 just because they "hated them so much" for no real reason. They also sent Charla & Mirna an angry letter in an all-stars mailbag Roadblock. That's low right there. But more memorably, they were tired out quitters. So happy the epic bowling moms beat them one final time.
8. Shana & Jennifer - Your typical Chanel, Prada, and Fendi shopping pals with 60% more bickering and complaining... nice laggards for season 12, aren't they? But they proved us wrong by going from last to 6th (I think) during that donkey and peat transport task. Downside is their excessive whining shown throughout the race. They also U-Turned Lorena & Jason who were the last team trailing (original Globetrotters U-Turning Cowboys).
:colors FUN FACT: They were so close to an airbag deployment two car collision searching for the unaired helicopter Fast Forward in Lithuania.
7. Brian & Ericka - This interracial couple was trying to prove their relationship right, but began with Ericka crying to Brian for rushing help during that starting line elimination task. Next, their adventurous arguments include the duck Roadblock in Vietnam (leg 2), wooden clogs and bicycles misread in their clue in Holland (leg 7), the first ever Switchback in Sweden (leg 8 ), and the Cirque de Soleil task in End City, Las Vegas. Alas, Brian & Ericka eventually broke up after the race. Seems like THAT interracial couple got disapproved cold. BURN! }:>
6. Kevin & Drew - I find this team rather more annoying than Brian & Ericka. Since the first season, these two seem like they are the bicker kings of TAR. I also heard from a season 1 summary they refered to a destination as "Batoka George" instead of "Batoka Gorge". As they continue to bicker and race, they miss the final 3 by just less than 20 minutes apart. Again in all-stars... how am I not surprised... they bicker more in Ecuador and Chile. When they get eliminated, Kevin feels sick to his stomach at Phil. NEVER MESS WITH PHIL! :nono2:
5. Kelly & Christy - Sorry, but I just don't like that divorcee attitude of TAR teams. I think Vanessa & Ralph were more tolerable than this season 13 team. Tensions between the divorcees, Nick & Starr, and Aja & Ty in La Paz were bad. Aja & Ty won that fight with that U-Turn box controversy. Still love their (Aja & Ty) dysfunctional, miserable, neutral, and happy personality.
4. Art & JJ - It's not Big Brother *looking at below team*, there is no likeability factor qualified for teams who participate in confrontations about lies, breaking up an alliance, and trying to win every leg. I respect the blood, sweat, and tears comment they made at the Pit Stop in leg 10, but forfeiting an "alliance" for not U-Turning a team... that's a :nono2: .
3. Brendon & Rachel - I'm not even going to bother elaborating on these final 3 teams... Season 20, Rachel Reilly cries and whines about the race way too much and calls Vanessa out with her dissing her back. Makes sense right? Brendon just complains about her trying to fix the situation thinking his words will make any sense...
2. Nathan & Jennifer - Season 12... Bickers or "hates each other with a passion" for about 10/11 legs. Jennifer complains the most from fighting with a taxi driver in Croatia because they were wet to fighting with exploding at Nathan about transportation in Taiwan.
:colors FUN FACT: Jennifer was eliminated in the final 4 on her birthday! :)
:conf: 1. Jonathan & Victoria :conf: - CONGRATULATIONS JON & VIC! You have won "My opinion of my least favorite teams in original TAR version" for being the most arrogant, screaming, complaining, bullcrapping, and annoying couple ever to take part in TAR!!! :groan: :groan: :groan: ... jk!  :lol: It's just that horrifying Berlin incident when Jonathan violently pushed Victoria away from him and ignored her presence at the Pit Stop. Poor Victoria. I would never want to be part of an argument like that with anyone. :(

If it wasn't just the original TAR edition, I would've added Sophie & Aurelia and Terri & Henry from TARAsia 2 as #4 and #7. Like a tiny bit of your partner than no like at all before heading out onto the race course... and don't embarass someone in front of an airport audience. :tup:
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 10:28:40 PM by RachelLeVega »
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2012, 11:09:31 PM »
So many errors:

Michael & Mark are from Season 14, not 17.

Natalie & Nadiya are not from Senegal, they're from Sri Lanka.

Offline Nobita

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2012, 11:38:49 PM »
If "worst" means bad performance in the Amazing Race, then my opinion is Dana & Adrian (S16) are the "worst" racers. They can't even finish the roadblock on the first leg, and Phil must go to the roadblock place to eliminate them.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2012, 12:11:02 AM »
I'm not asking you guys to discuss the article totally. I just wanted to know what you think are the 10 worst teams on TAR history. Obviously I felt that the article was flawed and BS too.

My own personal worst 5 teams OF ALL TIME (in no order):

How I defined: No entertainment value (for me), completely annoyed to watch the team, team was rude/obnoxious to the other teams.

1. BJ and Tyler
2. Weaver Family
3. Jonathan and Victoria
4. Marshall and Lance
5. Art and JJ

I dislike teams like Charla and Mirna, Romber and Brent and Caite too. But at least, they had entertainment value of about 1%. The teams I listed above were just... ewww.

And I'll include Nadiya and Natalie in that list if they continue to TWINNNNNIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE all the way or that team is stupid, stupid this stupid that all the way throughout the rest of the race. No difference from Art and JJ whining.

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2012, 12:29:14 AM »
And I'll include Nadiya and Natalie in that list if they continue to TWINNNNNIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE all the way or that team is stupid, stupid this stupid that all the way throughout the rest of the race. No difference from Art and JJ whining.

yes it is.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2012, 12:59:15 AM »
It's equally annoying. :lol3:

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2012, 05:02:20 PM »

9. Marshall & Lance - They verbally and visually attacked Charla & Mirna in season 5 just because they "hated them so much" for no real reason. They also sent Charla & Mirna an angry letter in an all-stars mailbag Roadblock. That's low right there. But more memorably, they were tired out quitters. So happy the epic bowling moms beat them one final time.

They hated Charla and Mirna cause they are annoying.

Offline Tarfan37

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2012, 07:42:39 PM »

yes it is.

they said they are the worst partners ever to each other... gosh this is like a bad flo/jamie cara team

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2012, 08:33:42 PM »

They hated Charla and Mirna cause they are annoying.

Well I can't argue with the fact after their airport drama across the world, but I loved Mirna's cookie with licorice song. It's so catchy.  :) But maybe we can all agree Linda & Karen were truly the team you love to root for to go far. lol  :lol:

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2012, 09:15:18 PM »

Well I can't argue with the fact after their airport drama across the world, but I loved Mirna's cookie with licorice song. It's so catchy.  :) But maybe we can all agree Linda & Karen were truly the team you love to root for to go far. lol  :lol:

"Cookies with licorice...can't get better than this!"  :lol:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2012, 09:48:36 PM »
Mirna... "I said pray to our deceased grandmother to help us!", "ST*U"...

Gold class line. :lol: I don't like them but they are not the worst. Truly entertaining backpacking throughout the first few legs of ALLSTARS then from no where winning 2 legs in a row. Pretty impressive.

Offline alextofu07

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2012, 11:28:54 PM »
No Dandrew :lol: