Author Topic: TAR 21 Ep 8 "We was Robbed"  (Read 49090 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
TAR 21 Ep 8 "We was Robbed"
« on: November 04, 2012, 01:05:15 AM »
Location confirmation and Title find to Apprentice Fan!

We have a present to "our" Peach and we've finally have a location for leg 8:

« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 08:10:42 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 21 Ep 8 title TBD
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 01:05:35 AM »
PREVIEW!! Thanks to TL!!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/-thFt8Ic_dc?version=3&amp;amp;hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/-thFt8Ic_dc?version=3&amp;amp;hl</a>

Extended "Russian School" Promo!!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/PBDfub2Y17A?version=3&amp;amp;hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/PBDfub2Y17A?version=3&amp;amp;hl</a>

TV Promo! ThanksTL!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/KIRguaaxuh4?version=3&amp;amp;hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/KIRguaaxuh4?version=3&amp;amp;hl</a>

TV Promo 2! Thanks to TL!!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/noyKwGFe9ug?version=3&amp;amp;hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/noyKwGFe9ug?version=3&amp;amp;hl</a>

Sneak Peek!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/tRb-lyg0eyo?version=3&amp;amp;hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/tRb-lyg0eyo?version=3&amp;amp;hl</a>
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 02:36:21 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2012, 08:12:43 AM »
Leg 8 (Moscow, Russia )

FilmedUnknown
Broadcast18 November

ROUTE INFOUnknown
DETOUR AUnknown
DETOUR BGo to the Hotel National Conference Hall and perform a Cossack dance routine.

ROUTE INFOUnknown
SPEED BUMPUnknown
ROADBLOCKBrush up on Russian geography and pass a test.

PIT STOPUnknown

Safe

At Risk

EliminatedUnknown

« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 01:22:55 PM by Dom El »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2012, 12:28:18 PM »
saved
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2012, 12:28:29 PM »
saved
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 21 Ep 8 "We was Robbed"
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2012, 10:09:45 PM »
Preview up!! ^^
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2012, 10:38:29 PM »
Preview CAPS:

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2012, 10:48:05 PM »
Grammar b*tch will disapprove this episode title. Probably from the sisters or James/Abba. :lol:

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2012, 11:11:14 PM »
Aaaahhh..!!!

That guy on the twitter live sightings thing is helping the rockers..!!  :yourock: :yourock: :jam: :jam:

Show me that!! Please!

see that's him ;D

TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2012, 11:13:45 PM »
Could be Jaymes for the title. It's a southern thing.

think it is a movie quote, maybe Paul Newman in "Butch Cassidy...".
Matthew 7:15

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2012, 11:29:11 PM »

No wonder James was hurting his leg and thigh ...

I just found and discover that the military dance called The Cossack dance..

and it was cool and up beat!!!  :lol3:

Cossack (or Hopak) dancing originated in southern Russian and Ukranian military communities. The general plan was to have a battle, win, then return and have a big dance off with all your comrades. The party was male-only, of course, but by the time the women enter the forces they also learn to do this dance and often involved pantomime style re-enactments of battlefield moments, with sabres et al.

below is the video of the cossack dance and a match up at minute 1.48 "the jumping style...!"

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/gqEtq34dSUo" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/gqEtq34dSUo</a>

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2012, 11:30:34 PM »
The quote "We was Robbed," actually dates back to 1932, as noted by answers.com, when, it was used to mean "We were cheated out of a victory; we were tricked or outsmarted." The site explains:

this expression, with its attempt to render nonstandard speech, has been attributed to fight manager Joe Jacobs (1896-1940), who uttered it on June 21, 1932, after his client, Max Schmeling, had clearly out-boxed Jack Sharkey, only to have the heavy-weight title awarded to Sharkey. It is still used, most often in a sports context.

Read more: http://www.answers.com/topic/we-wuz-robbed#ixzz2Bz1ga3o0
-- theschnauzers

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2012, 11:34:27 PM »

You know what guys, after watching that video, I was like.. maybe the Chippendale dancers was robbed of this Cossack dance style and the music beat could outrun them...

and maybe after this episode aired, the so-called gangnam style phenomenon will have a rival...  :lol3: :lol3:

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2012, 06:53:27 AM »
I a smell double roadblock leg.

Offline TARFansurvivor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2012, 09:56:46 AM »
I really hope that The Luzhniki Stadium is the Pitstop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love The Amazing Race, The Apprentice and Survivor.

Offline Genius

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2012, 10:52:45 AM »
It would have been better if Leg 7 and Leg 8 were shown back-to-back, like Poland in TAR11.

I think James/Abba fail to get their passports and are eliminated. Josh/Brent may take a penalty (is it 4 or 6 hours for a detour now?), and Abbie/Ryan gets 4th place by default (and hence keeping their top 4 streak) for Leg 7. Twinnies use the EP and get 1st or 2nd. Trey/Lexi and Jaymes/James get top 3 again by default.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 10:57:26 AM by Genius »

Offline Tarfan37

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2012, 11:04:47 AM »
It would have been better if Leg 7 and Leg 8 were shown back-to-back, like Poland in TAR11.

I think James/Abba fail to get their passports and are eliminated. Josh/Brent may take a penalty (is it 4 or 6 hours for a detour now?), and Abbie/Ryan gets 4th place by default (and hence keeping their top 4 streak) for Leg 7. Twinnies use the EP and get 1st or 2nd. Trey/Lexi and Jaymes/James get top 3 again by default.

i feel like they are going to show it like poland.. because theres going to be an Hours of Operation. I feel they did something like they did on s6.. with the orginal TBC legs.... since the 8th leg was orginally a Non-Elim in Russia. They figured they have 2 legs to get the passports back.. also we spent 2 Legs in Indonesia 2legs in RUssia and 2 are going to be in Amsterdamn.. i think thats a little fishy...

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2012, 11:33:06 AM »

i feel like they are going to show it like poland.. because theres going to be an Hours of Operation. I feel they did something like they did on s6.. with the orginal TBC legs.... since the 8th leg was orginally a Non-Elim in Russia. They figured they have 2 legs to get the passports back.. also we spent 2 Legs in Indonesia 2legs in RUssia and 2 are going to be in Amsterdamn.. i think thats a little fishy...

Only 1 leg in Amsterdam.  It's already confirmed:

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,27196.msg754959.html#msg754959

From TVGuide ;D

"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Tarfan37

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2012, 11:54:30 AM »
o my bad.. i assumed continued meant 2...  :groan:

Offline TARFansurvivor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2012, 12:01:15 PM »

I think that they should have continued racing like TAR 18 and 19!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love The Amazing Race, The Apprentice and Survivor.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2012, 12:18:47 PM »
This is a "to be continued" story not a "to be continued" double-length leg. There's some surface comparison to TARAS in Poland, but the time spacing between teams is a lot less than it might have been.

(And IIRC, there were filming spoilers that counted five teams in the leg in Amsterdam, so the only real question is whether the first or second Moscow leg is NEL.)
-- theschnauzers

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2012, 01:10:48 PM »
This is a "to be continued" story not a "to be continued" double-length leg. There's some surface comparison to TARAS in Poland, but the time spacing between teams is a lot less than it might have been.

(And IIRC, there were filming spoilers that counted five teams in the leg in Amsterdam, so the only real question is whether the first or second Moscow leg is NEL.)

Since its a common trend for TAR to have NEL's on first leg in a country where there are 2 legs, my guess is that Leg 7 is a planned NEL leg. If James and Abba dont find their passports, it will have to be elimination, which will make leg 8 NEL instead.

Offline Tarfan37

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2012, 01:16:22 PM »

Since its a common trend for TAR to have NEL's on first leg in a country where there are 2 legs, my guess is that Leg 7 is a planned NEL leg. If James and Abba dont find their passports, it will have to be elimination, which will make leg 8 NEL instead.
i agree with this therory especailly since leg 8 is also in Russia.... they could have had james and abba continue to race.. but then it wouldnt be fair to the team that gets eliminated this leg...  also any1 think of the globe trotters when ryan was having a had time with next week's roadblock

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2012, 05:39:01 PM »

:umn:  This whole passport cliffhanger may be a bit overblown.   :lol:  Assuming the first leg in Russia is a NON-Elimination leg, the Rockers are still alive if they get their passport back.

sooooooo.....  the simple thing to do is to get the police involved asap.  The camera crew that follwed them that day has a video of their cab driver (blah blah insert legal stuff here).  All they have to do is provide the police with a picture of the driver, and assuming all the licensed cabbies in Moscow are on file, do a quick check of the cab companies in town and locate the cab with the passport.  This could take less than a day, more than enough time given the mandatory pit stop time.  They could be good to go in time for the start of the next leg.  (assuming everything goes smoothly)  The key here is that the camera crew recorded his image.

Or something like that....   :lol3: