Archive > The Amazing Race 22

AR22 Transportation

<< < (33/40) > >>

maf:

--- Quote from: apskip on April 14, 2013, 10:55:47 PM ---That left be searching for alternate routes that would land on those dates in Zurich around 2pm and the answer to that was the null set. I tried connecting in Addis Ababa, Cairo, Munich, Frankfurt, Paris-CDG and Rome. Nothing got to Zurich at the stated time. The only one remotely close was via AMS.

--- End quote ---

How about via London.
 BA56 JNB-LHR Nov-28 20:20-05:07+1
 BA714 LHR-ZRH Nov-29 12:01-14:49 (was 0:49 late)

This combination is the most probably one I have found. It fits nicely with taking the train from Zurich at 15:40. Sure, there were two earlier flights from London in the day, but they may have been full.

apskip:
maf,

As Professor Henry Higgins was fond of saying "I think you've got it." I looked at 7 different connections and reported the closest one, Amsterdam. The Nov. 29th London-Heathrow to Zurich flight does not match well with the time required for Schengen zone initial entry, finding the rail station and buying a ticket at 51 minutes in Zurich. However, the flight on Nov. 30th is almost a perfect fit with what a match with reported time on the telecast requires:

11/30 BA714 1118 1402

The UK has not joined the Schengen zone, which means that passengers from outside the zone on this itinerary would be screened for it in Zurich.

DrRox:
That is some terrific detective work, maf!!!

maf:

--- Quote from: apskip on April 17, 2013, 06:04:02 AM ---finding the rail station and buying a ticket at 51 minutes in Zurich. However, the flight on Nov. 30th is almost a perfect fit with what a match with reported time on the telecast requires:

11/30 BA714 1118 1402

--- End quote ---

The problem with that is that we have strong indications that teams did race in Grindelwald on the 30th. Phil was spotted on that date and we see that date filmed at least once in the episode (as teams arrive at Kleine Scheidegg). This means they had to arrive in Zurich on the 29th.

So the question is if it is probable that teams managed to catch the 15.40 train when their delayed flight landed at 14:49. I believe that this is possible with a bit of luck, short immigration lines and no checked luggage.

DrRox:

--- Quote from: maf on April 18, 2013, 06:02:19 AM ---The problem with that is that we have strong indications that teams did race in Grindelwald on the 30th. Phil was spotted on that date and we see that date filmed at least once in the episode (as teams arrive at Kleine Scheidegg). This means they had to arrive in Zurich on the 29th.

So the question is if it is probable that teams managed to catch the 15.40 train when their delayed flight landed at 14:49. I believe that this is possible with a bit of luck, short immigration lines and no checked luggage.

--- End quote ---

Looking at Zurich arrivals on Nov 29......there was a non Shengen flight one hour before and a small non Shengan flight about 30 minutes(2:18) before that flight arrived at 2:49. I wouldn't think that there would be much of a line by the time our racers arrived. Seems to me to be plenty of time to clear immigration/customs and get a train.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version