Watch the Houseguests 24/7 with the Big Brother Live Feeds only on CBS All Access. Sign up now and try 1 week FREE!

Author Topic: What kind of memory challenge that you want to see?  (Read 4160 times)

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: What kind of memory challenge that you want to see?
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2013, 06:36:04 AM »
A signboard task involving all the countries they have visited, or to make it more challenging, a list of cities.

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2013, 10:37:44 PM »
You mean kind of like an adapted Switchback of TAR11's "write the places Magellan went, in order" task?

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2013, 11:29:34 PM »
You mean kind of like an adapted Switchback of TAR11's "write the places Magellan went, in order" task?

Yes. Given that teams had a lot of trouble with that detour, I kind of expect it to be quite a challenging roadblock.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formerly known as Platinum
« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2015, 10:07:17 PM »
I never posted here when I first saw this thread because I was afraid that once someone from the crew sees this, they might cross it out from their list, but I realized that it's not the case all the time.

I was thinking music. Songs played in tasks or route marker, such as the guitar player is S22.1 Bora Bora or the music at the bamboo dance in S22.5 in Vietnam.

I have a similar thought, musical instruments.  :cmas23 Let's say on one leg a cluegiver is playing a musical instrument, then on another leg it's the background music of a cluebox location, then maybe it could also be at an ARI or roadblock location, or even the pit stop greeter can play a musical instrument.

I think they can be hidden properly to the point that the racers won't notice it and that they won't be able to take note of it. :cmas22

Offline rafael02

• RFF Sr. Member
  • 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2015, 11:39:27 PM »
I was thinking that they should have a photographic memory task... Like determine in order pit stop they have encountered... That should be hard but idk whether it would be epic in TV...

Also I love the concept that TAR had offered in TAR 27 finale leg... Having physical task together with memory task that was a clever one....
"I"m going back to the start"

Offline Norwegian Boy

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2015, 09:23:46 AM »
They should do a memory task including country calling codes. Maybe give the teams a list of all the calling codes and make them search through the list for the ones from the countries visited. Then they will have to fill the numbers into an equation.

After they have found the numbers the task is to add, subtract, multiply and divide the numbers in a pre-determined matter to get a four-digit code. This code will then be used to unlock a box with the clue.

Offline scruffs

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2015, 09:15:54 PM »
How about airport codes? After arranging, they will need to spell out a word (from the letters) that will be their clue to the place where the finish line is.  :xmas146
Chance favors prepared minds.

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Rest In Peace </3
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2015, 09:27:49 PM »
How about airport codes? After arranging, they will need to spell out a word (from the letters) that will be their clue to the place where the finish line is.  :xmas146
Holy crap that would be difficult
Would teams be provided with the airport codes, or will they have to figure them out AND THEN unscramble them?
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity" - Nelson Mandela

"We don't read and write poetry because it's cute. We read and write poetry because we are members of the human race. And the human race is filled with passion. " - Robin Williams, Dead Poets Society

Offline Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2015, 09:50:45 PM »
Airport Code would be fun. But I think it will be really confusing if teams somehow transit flight or land at different airport in the same leg. But LOL that would be chaotic and amazing. <3 Teams wouldn't care to take note about it I think.

Offline scruffs

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2015, 11:36:06 PM »
^^ I don't think it will be that difficult. Airport codes are in their plane tickets (but of course no peeking!) Still up to production if they will give letters or the team will need to figure them out themselves. If they will be unscrambling them, then it would be fun to give them excess letters (so if there are 10 countries and assuming 3-letter airport codes, that's 30 letters plus 3 excess). Also, it would be a team task not an RB, two brains to solve the puzzle.  :cmas22

^Of course it will just include airports on which they did landed. So it will not mean if you have 13 legs, there will be 13 airport codes. That's for the teams to figure out. A country can also have 2 airport codes, if they landed on two airports on the same country.
Chance favors prepared minds.

Custom Search