I was waiting for this season to deliver a great episode! Hooray!
Since there was no form of equalisers this leg, I was expecting very limited position shuffling. However I was proved wrong, which is a good thing!
The RB was good enough to allow some teams to excel and other teams to fall behind. All tasks in TAR history that involve 'balance' have always been good, so this was no difference.
Very photogenic Detour! Both good tasks. I'm surprised only one team went for the jute option, but it did feel like it had more tasks involved it in that the bamboo. It was a good Detour balance because the jute was a good option for teams that weren't as strong. The bamboo looked tough and it looked pretty chaotic!
Nice Pit Stop location as well! Gotta give credit where credit is due. This episode also didn't feel as rushed as the last 4, maybe because there are less teams, and it was edited well.
It was a very difficult leg, combined with the physical tasks and the heat and humidity. So in some ways I am glad that it was a non-elimination, but it also would've been an interesting episode with more teams and a Double U-Turn. Either way it was a really good episode.
- We finally go to see some personality and a storyline from the Beekman Boys
- So there are flaws in Abbie & Ryan's relationship, which were very reminiscent to Davechel in TAR20
- I continue to love Natalie & Nadiya, they had some great moments from cheering with the kid at the RB and almost killing the locals at the Detour
- Speaking of the Divorcees and the Twinnies, there seems to be a lot of tension between them, kind of like they're frenemies. It's like they're in a competition of their own
But I really hope it doesn't go overboard like Brenchel VS Varalphasaurus
- Am I deaf or has Trey not said anything in any confessionals? He murmurs when they're racing but other than that...
- The Chips, Rockers, Trexie and Twinnies continue to be my favourite teams <3