Author Topic: TAR 22 MEDIA  (Read 51124 times)

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
Re: TAR 22 MEDIA
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2013, 04:15:51 PM »
WAY to be original there.

MrDeerShank

« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2013, 04:39:23 PM »
Episode Two Title is up!

Reminds me of the endless "ship" titles from HvV :res:
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 05:00:07 PM by MrDeerShank »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2013, 04:52:39 PM »
Gotta be about toothless hockey boy!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2013, 08:21:26 PM »
From TV Guide

TV Guide doesn't say Christchurch as the location on the third episode.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 08:24:33 PM by ApprenticeFan »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2013, 12:57:20 AM »
Thanks Claude!

Here is an awesome Audio interview with Phil. Sometimes they run decoys who aren't in the race? ??? Have we EVER been fooled by that?? :lol:

http://wgnradio.com/2013/02/14/inside-the-amazing-race/
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2013, 01:10:19 AM »
LOADS OF INFO!!

Amazing Race's Phil Keoghan: There Are More Calculated Moves This Season
Feb 14, 2013 10:09 PM ET
by Joyce Eng

After doubling up on prize money last season (for one team at least), The Amazing Race is doubling up on something else for Season 22 (premieres Sunday, 8/7c, CBS): the Express Pass. In a new twist, the winners of the first leg will not only get an Express Pass for themselves, but a second Express Pass to give to another team by the fourth leg. "We really don't like to deviate too much from what works," host Phil Keoghan tells TVGuide.com. "This time, you can give one Express Pass away. All of the sudden, the first place team has that power and you create a situation where the other teams want to suck up to that team. 'Can you be my BFF and by the way, can I have that Express Pass?' It's little tweaks like that that I think keep it interesting for the audience and the Racers."

So what else can you expect this season? (Well, three teams quitting a task on the first leg in Bora Bora, for starters.) Keoghan, who's training for a follow-up to his MS research documentary The Ride, gives us the scoop.

You guys have got a hot streak going with your premieres. Something wild or unpredictable has happened in the past couple, and now three teams quit a Roadblock.
Phil Keoghan: Yeah, I think the first leg always has the greatest potential for something to go wrong because there are more teams in that leg than any other leg. They're racing for the first time, so they think they know more than they know. And suddenly they find themselves in a really stressful situation. I was going to say we have the recipe for disaster and when I say "disaster," I mean great content for great television. ... I wasn't surprised they did it. The way the whole thing worked out, the choice they made was a pretty practical one. I didn't realize that the challenge [finding a clue underneath hundreds of sandcastles] was going to stump the teams the way it did. It really was the luck of the draw.

It's sort of like when Boston Rob convinced people to sit out the meat-eating Roadblock in Season 7.
Keoghan: That was probably one of the first times that that was a calculated move. There are more calculated moves this season.
What you're going to see is teams learn that ultimately, you're gonna have to knuckle down and do the work. Even going back to the example of Rob, who met his own demise later, at the end of the day, it's really is about getting from place to place as fast as you can and completing the challenges as effectively as you can. There's only so much you can do as far as sit out, outthink or manipulate. It's not a show that really lends itself to those kinds of tactics, which is one of the reasons I like it. You can be outdone if you try to over-think the Race. You can be outdone if you don't try to think at all too.

Some of the teams try to devise a pact to ensure a "fair" allocation of the second Express Pass, but what are the chances that the first place team keeps its word?
Keoghan: [Laughs] That's the thing. That's human nature. It all sounds good when you don't have it, but ultimately, they're not breaking any rule by changing their minds. There's a dilemma in agreeing to the pact. You don't know how strong the teams are. You've got to give it away early, but you can't judge the other teams yet, so you might give it away to someone who could turn out to be your biggest competition and you could lose face. You're going to see them deliberate. It's more calculated because they start to think about it and see the strength of the other team that, according to the pact, is supposed to get it.

The cast is very eclectic. Max and Katie are the clear villains, and I love how they relish in their villainy. They freely admit they don't have friends in real life and they put on a façade when they talk to other teams. Will the other teams catch on eventually?
Keoghan: [Laughs] They have great personalities and are funny. ... What you see in the Race always is you never know how teams evolve. Sometimes it's teams who appear to be nice in the beginning who twist and become a little exclusive. Some are talking to some and not others. I just love that on our show. We always see such crazy diversity. We have OBGYN twin brothers [Idries and Jamil], who are very smart and very physically imposing, funny, and right next to them is Chuck. It's like we have 11 teams and a mullet.

That hair needs its own show.
Keoghan: That hair — I mean, in the dictionary, where it says "mullet," they need a picture of his. It's the most powerful mullet I've ever seen. I go back to the mullet days and I've never seen a mullet like that. One of the most fascinating things about the mullet is seeing how it reacts on the Race in the different weather conditions. He's in taxidermy, and it's like he took one of his dead animals and put it on his head. At one point it didn't look real and I had to ask him ... and he pulled on it really hard to show me. I didn't touch it! It's like an Egyptian carpet. You've gotta see this thing in HD. It's going to blow people away.

Besides the mullet, what teams should we keep an eye on?
Keoghan: I love the roller derby moms [Mona and Beth]. They're strong, confident, physically imposing women who are ready for a challenge. They remind me of the bowling moms. They have that go-get-'em attitude. We've been wanting a team like that back on the Race for a while. I think there are a lot of strong women like that and it's good to have them represented on the show. The hockey players [Bates and Anthony] — Bates checked Wayne Gretzky in his first game. They're definitely not scared. [YouTube stars] Joey and Meghan are so enthusiastic, especially Joey. When he jumps for joy, it's like he's jumping out of his shoes.

Let's talk about the challenges. What is this Shemozzle in your home country of New Zealand?
Keoghan: It's a shepherd dog's race. I've done it; that's inherently part of being from New Zealand. It's sort of like these mud obstacle races in America. There are a bunch of crazy ingredients, like molasses, eggs, feathers, mud, water, hay, trucks, trailers, grass and bubbles. I'm so excited about going back to New Zealand. We were there in Seasons, 2, 5, and 13, when my dad was the greeter. Now we're actually in my hometown of Christchurch and Canterbury. They've had a lot of suffering the past few years [with the 2011 earthquake], so on a personal level, I was so keen to go back and to show the world that Canterbury and Christchurch have picked themselves up. It's important to show how places come back.

What other challenges can we look forward to?
Keoghan: We go out with a bushman in Botswana for scorpion-hunting. What makes the Race work so well is you go from the furnace in Africa to the freezer on the edge of the Eiger in Switzerland in one episode, and the challenges definitely reflect that.

Will we see any craziness on the level of the rockers losing their passports last season?
Keoghan: Yes. Early on in the season, there are a couple of big game-changing moments. You might say heartbreaking moments as well.

Heartbreaking how? Someone has to pull out? Are they injured?
Keoghan: Teams are put in a really challenging situation where they're drawing on all their strength to decide what to do and it's difficult. It's not too dissimilar to what happened to the rockers. In the rockers' case, they really had no out, but there are moments where teams find themselves saying, "Is this it? Are we done for?"

You've said that you suck at predicting the final three. How off or close were you this time?
Keoghan: I was off again. [Laughs] At least I admit it! I did manage to pick two teams who made the top five. That's the best I've done in a long, long time. I don't mind admitting that I suck at picking the finalists.

I don't think anyone predicted the Beekmans to win last season though.
Keoghan: Yeah. I love the Beekmans, but I never saw that either and not even while the Race was going on. They were certainly not the MVP, but when it mattered, they came through. Who doesn't love an underdog? I don't know how the hell they did what they did.

Any word on a Season 23?
Keoghan: We're gearing up. Hopefully there'll be an official announcement at some point, but as always, we start working on the next season regardless. ... There's been some discussion about the route and new places. But as usual, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Let's not make the family edition again!

The Amazing Race premieres Sunday at 8/7c on CBS

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Amazing-Race-Phil-Keoghan-Premiere-1060997.aspx
RFF's Golden Rule:

MrDeerShank

« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2013, 04:34:29 PM »
Also it looks liek the Botswana - Switzerland is one leg as opposed to Switzerland to Germany.

That's gonna be REALLY tiring, mind you, never gonna be as tiring as Turkey -> France ->Cuba and then another leg in Cuba with not much in the way of rest

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2013, 04:54:02 PM »
Heartbreaking moments? Phil has never emphasized on that.

Teams fall behind on their elimination legs?

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2013, 10:01:03 PM »
'Amazing Race' Season 22 Preview: 'Crazy Things Are Going to Happen' (Video)

Host Phil Keoghan and executive producer Bertram van Munster spill secrets to THR about the upcoming season of CBS' reality competition.

The Amazing Race is about to kick off its 22nd trip around the world.
OUR EDITOR RECOMMENDS

CBS Reveals 'The Amazing Race' Season 22 Cast, New Twist (Video)

'Amazing Race' Season 21 Winners Reveal How They'll Spend the $1 Million Prize

Emmys 2012: The 'Amazing Race' Creator Feared Cancellation Until Their First Win
CBS' reality competition returns at 8 p.m. Sunday with 11 teams competing for the $1 million prize. Among the competitors are a pair of country singers, two YouTube hosts and a couple who were married only four weeks before the Race started.
As the teams prepped for the start of competition -- taking them on a 30,000-plus-mile trip, visiting five continents and nine countries -- host Phil Keoghan and co-creator/executive producer Bertram van Munster sat down with The Hollywood Reporter to give a preview of the upcoming season.

"Now we have more than 10 years of experience doing this, and we've got a phenomenal route laid out, with great challenges," van Munster says. "It's going to be so crazy. It's guaranteed not to bore you. Crazy things will happen."
Keoghan reveals that the show will return to New Zealand for the fourth time, visiting his hometown of Christchurch, which was hit by a devastating earthquake in 2011 that resulted in 185 deaths. "This is a great opportunity for us to go back and show the place in a more positive light," he says, adding: "We've got some really cool stuff set up there for the teams."
Meanwhile, van Munster reveals that the first leg will take the teams to Bora Bora, where they will have to do a parachute jump out of a helicopter. "It's very intimidating," he says. "It's almost a form of base-jumping, but out of a helicopter at 10,000 feet. It gets pretty hairy. And I’m not sure everyone knows where Bora Bora is; that's another part of the challenge."
From there, they also travel to Bali, Indonesia; Botswana; and Switzerland. Keoghan adds that this Race is 25 days long, which is four days longer than the previous season.
This season of the competition also will feature a new twist wherein the first team to check in at the first pit-stop will earn two “Express Passes” -- one to keep for themselves and one that must be given to another team by the end of the fourth leg of the race.

In addition, Keoghan reveals, "We have a switchback coming that's a classic Amazing Race moment that we're going to repeat. We know from past experience that this is going to tweak them."
As for which teams might do well, Keoghan has his eye on a couple of duos: the roller-derby-mom duo of Mona Egender and Beth Bandimere ("I think they are going to be fiercely competitive") and father-son cancer survivors David and Connor O'Leary ("They come on the show with a passionate story to share").
Other potential standouts, he says, are pro hockey-player brothers Bates and Anthony Battaglia;  firefighters Matthew Davis and Daniel Moss; and twin brothers Idries and Jamil Abdur-Rahman, who work together as OB/GYN physicians.
Keoghan also says he gives all the teams advice before each Race begins. Among his tips: Always read the clue carefully, and don't isolate yourselves from the other teams. "You want to make your own decisions, but at the same time, you want to keep your competition close so you know where you're at," he says.
Van Munster adds that one competitor actually got hurt just before the first leg of the competition got under way at Griffith Observatory in Los Angeles. "Unfortunately, she doesn’t even know what's coming," he says. "This is nothing. We're in Los Angeles, America. We have medics. This is all good."
So does the executive producer, who created the show with his wife, fellow EP Elise Doganieri, find it hard to come up with fresh and new challenges every season?
"No, the world is a great place, and there's lots of things we can do," he says. "As long as viewers love what we're doing, we'll keep doing it."

Watch a sneak peek at Sunday's premiere below.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/amazing-race-season-22-preview-421778
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2013, 06:31:17 PM »
Yes! A switchback! Bring it on! :yess:
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2013, 08:45:14 PM »

Spouses and producing partners Bertram van Munster and Elise Doganieri take a break during a photo shoot at the "Amazing Race" headquarters, which shares an office building with an airline in El Segundo, Calif., just south of LAX. It's a rare chilly and rainy day in Southern California, pleasing van Munster, who says it reminds him of the East Coast.

He and Doganieri then discuss how this year's global adventure begins.

"We start here in Los Angeles at the [Griffith] Observatory," van Munster tells Zap2it. "They have to get in cars, and there's two ways out. One way is blocked, and the other one, you go straight out. Of course, four or five people are going to drive straight into the blocked street."

Then, after braving Los Angeles traffic to catch a plane, the contestants head off to Bora Bora in French Polynesia -- but there aren't exactly a beach chair and an umbrella drink waiting for them.

"They have to go up in a helicopter," says van Munster, "over the island of Bora Bora. The helicopter starts in midair, hovers, and then they have to jump out. That is very intimidating. They know nothing in advance. They realize it once they're up there.

"Going up in a helicopter, hovering at 10,000 feet and jumping over an island that's basically a dot in the ocean, not knowing where you're going to land with this thing, it's daunting. So, I must say, they all did it. They screamed their little hearts out on the way down. They fall like a brick out of this helicopter."

Adds Doganieri, "We were so lucky with the weather, too. The islands look stunning from the sky. You see white sand beaches and turquoise water and the deep blue sea."

After a couple of shows around French Polynesia, the 11 teams then head to New Zealand, where they participate in a shemozzle race. What, you ask, is a shemozzle race? If you've seen the movie "Babe," which was shot in New Zealand, it may look familiar.

"It's the roadblock," Doganieri says. "It's a farmers obstacle course. Farmers run with their sheepdogs. So we had the contestants do this course with a dog, which was so much fun.

"It was muddy and rainy. They've got to climb up hay bales, slide down giant mud hills into pools of water. It's just hysterically funny. And they have to carry eggs without cracking them while doing this whole race."

Incidentally, there's one new twist this year. The first team to check in at the first pit stop will earn two "Express Passes" -- one to keep and one that must be given to another team by the end of the fourth leg of the race.

Says van Munster, "Again, we found another way to make our way around the world in a unique way."

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2013/02/the-amazing-race-22-keeps-it-fresh-with-an-additional-express-pass.html
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2013, 08:50:44 PM »
Bertram van Munster: "The helicopter starts in midair, hovers, and then they have to jump out. They know nothing in advance. They realize it once they're up there."

Van Munster's 236236th lie?

Offline Mattjimf

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2013, 12:53:37 PM »
'Amazing Race' host Phil Keoghan teases "heartbreaking" moments
Published Monday, Feb 18 2013, 16:27 GMT | By Catriona Wightman | Add comment

The Amazing Race host Phil Keoghan has teased that there are "heartbreaking" moments this season.

The CBS competition premiered its 22nd season last night (February 17) but Keoghan told TV Guide that the contestants will not have an easy ride.

© CBS / Sonja Flemming
The cast of The Amazing Race's 22nd season

"Early on in the season, there are a couple of big game-changing moments," he said. "You might say heartbreaking moments as well.

"Teams are put in a really challenging situation where they're drawing on all their strength to decide what to do and it's difficult. It's not too dissimilar to what happened to the rockers [whose bags and passports were stolen last season]. In the rockers' case, they really had no out, but there are moments where teams find themselves saying, 'Is this it? Are we done for?'"

Keoghan also hinted that people's perceptions of the teams may change as the season develops, saying: "What you see in the Race always is you never know how teams evolve.

© Rex Features / Startraks Photo
Phil Keoghan has hinted at "heartbreaking" moments this season

"Sometimes it's teams who appear to be nice in the beginning who twist and become a little exclusive. Some are talking to some and not others. I just love that on our show. We always see such crazy diversity."

He added that he had been unable to pick the final three teams this season, joking: "At least I admit it!

"I did manage to pick two teams who made the top five. That's the best I've done in a long, long time. I don't mind admitting that I suck at picking the finalists."

The Amazing Race airs Sundays on CBS.

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s66/the-amazing-race/news/a459750/amazing-race-host-phil-keoghan-teases-heartbreaking-moments.html#ixzz2LNAp6kuY

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2013, 04:21:57 AM »
Episode three title is now up:

Offline topaz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2013, 07:32:11 AM »

I like that title episode for leg 3 New Zealand episode, but unfortunately the latest 007 franchise was snubbed at this year's Oscars for best picture nod in spite that Skyfall have a huge success both at the box office and critics reviews. :'(

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2013, 03:08:22 PM »
I love episode 3 on TAR 22.

I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2013, 04:49:20 PM »

I think JoJe will say the episode title quote.

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2013, 08:27:59 AM »
Episode 4 title quote is up:
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2013, 05:27:28 PM »
What a weak title.. "I Love Monkeys!" seriously?

A cheerful female or Joey probably says it.

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2013, 08:06:12 AM »
What a weak title.. "I Love Monkeys!" seriously?

A cheerful female or Joey probably says it.

hahaha... i think it's Joey. He said "I love playing in the sands" in leg 1
"I Love Monkeys" - No wonder about the tittle, but i think he will change his mind.  I've been to Ubud monkey forest. The monkeys are so aggressive. They grabbed everything in my hands, and i almost lost my wallet  :whew

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2013, 06:28:18 PM »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2013, 06:38:56 PM »
Thanks Theo!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2013, 06:23:53 PM »
From TV Guide and leg 6 destination revealed:

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2013, 06:58:38 PM »
Only two legs in Asia!!! :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo:

Oh, God! Though I'm an Asian, I really excited about it. It's first time, right?

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2013, 02:40:26 PM »
ep5 title