Archive > The Amazing Race 22

TAR 22 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**

<< < (110/133) > >>

Leafsfan:
I wonder why Matt and Dnaiel did not go back and finish the roadblock. If I remember correctly teams that quit the meat roadblock went back and finished it (Susan and Patrick).

BuuYaa:

--- Quote from: apskip on February 18, 2013, 08:31:55 AM ---
--- Quote from: RachelLeVega on February 17, 2013, 08:23:45 PM ---
--- Quote from: Jimmer25 on February 17, 2013, 08:18:48 PM ---I'm just going to express again that I hate luck tasks, especially with Bates and Anthony checking in 2nd after like searching 2 sandcastles. I don't blame the task for Matt and Daniel's elimination, since they were too arrogant with the boat task.

I'm shocked they all took the penalty. If I was racing, I would have not agreed to take the penalty hoping that I have kept good track at which sandcastles I knocked down, but then again, I wasn't out there for 3 hours either.

--- End quote ---

Ain't nobody got time for a 4-hour penalty when almost half of the sandcastles are already knocked down. Even if you didn't take the penalty, it will still take less time to knock down and rebuild them. Forget the pact, I'm worrying about myself.

--- End quote ---

Let's look at the mathematics of this. There are 400 sandcastles at the start and 10 clues; the first team has a 2.5% chance each try. It appeared to be slow going and I thought the average time per sandcastle was running at about 3 minutes. That means it would take on average 1 hour of attempts to find a clue. For each succeeding team, the odds went down until for the final 3 teams there are 3 sandcastles left, for a probability of 0.75% for each try. That means is would take 3.3 hours for them to find a clue. They appeared to have gone beyond that, so the statistics of the situation (which had worked for all prior teams) did not appear to be working out for the last 3 teams. Their election of taking the 4 hour penalty together meant that one team would almost certainly be eliminated and the other two would be fighting against elimination at the end of leg 2.

--- End quote ---

I also think it was smart of them to take the penalty. I meant they could just stay there and depended on their luck but were you really gonna do that after 4 hours of digging, searching, building, repeating, in almost 100 degrees. It was still leg 1 and you knew you have 11 legs coming and had to stay fit.

I think what's interesting in this RB is that they're gonna have to re-build the Sandcastles. Back in Tar 6 and Tar 15, in the hay RB, they didn't have to roll the hay back, they just roll it open and search, and if no clue in it, repeat. So teams coming behind were spared some works and had the chance to catch up. or in Tar 18 in the tea-tasting RB, once you drank a cup,if wrong, that cup would not be re-filled again.

this RB, either they arrived first or last, they all started from zero. of course teams arriving behind may notice which sandcastle had been torn down and which hadn't, but i think it was still hard to differ, especially with 100 degrees up on your head. almost everything depended on their luck.

It was fair actually but I did pity the racers. Why would they just put 11 clues instead of like 20? The more clue found, the more miserable teams became.

BuuYaa:

--- Quote from: Leafsfan on February 18, 2013, 10:39:52 AM ---I wonder why Matt and Dnaiel did not go back and finish the roadblock. If I remember correctly teams that quit the meat roadblock went back and finished it (Susan and Patrick).

--- End quote ---

I think because they already declared to take the penalty.
Once you took it, it will be assessed no matter what

Susan&Patrick never really declared to take the penalty.
They were second to last  and they still needed to wait for Debbie&Bianca to start the RB before the penalty time was started to count

So it would be best for Patrick to attempt the RB so they remained ahead of Debbie&Bianca.

Kamineko:

--- Quote from: BuuYaa on February 18, 2013, 10:46:45 AM ---I think what's interesting in this RB is that they're gonna have to re-build the Sandcastles. Back in Tar 6 and Tar 15, in the hay RB, they didn't have to roll the hay back, they just roll it open and search, and if no clue in it, repeat. So teams coming behind were spared some works and had the chance to catch up. or in Tar 18 in the tea-tasting RB, once you drank a cup,if wrong, that cup would not be re-filled again.

--- End quote ---
Umm.. I think it's TOO CRUEL to be implemented... Actually, making one hay bale (from a source I read) takes more than 1 day in order to dry the hay. Also, I think that they used tractor to make it, not by bare hands... :res:

BuuYaa:

--- Quote from: Kamineko on February 18, 2013, 10:58:50 AM ---
--- Quote from: BuuYaa on February 18, 2013, 10:46:45 AM ---I think what's interesting in this RB is that they're gonna have to re-build the Sandcastles. Back in Tar 6 and Tar 15, in the hay RB, they didn't have to roll the hay back, they just roll it open and search, and if no clue in it, repeat. So teams coming behind were spared some works and had the chance to catch up. or in Tar 18 in the tea-tasting RB, once you drank a cup,if wrong, that cup would not be re-filled again.

--- End quote ---
Umm.. I think it's TOO CRUEL to be implemented... Actually, making one hay bale (from a source I read) takes more than 1 day in order to dry the hay. Also, I think that they used tractor to make it, not by bare hands... :res:

--- End quote ---

aw lol sorry then I guess I had no idea. but still, the hay bale RB spared some works on teams arriving behind. in the sandcastle RB, you need to have keen eyes to differ which has been torn down and which hasn't. the amount of hay bales in tar 6 was only 200 something, and in tar 15 was 100 something. amount of clues hidden inside were more than the amount of remaining teams.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version