Archive > The Amazing Race 22

TAR 22 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**

<< < (54/133) > >>

theschnauzers:
By U.S. law only limited categories of U.S. passport holders can even visit Cuba, and most have to do so through travel via a third country, such as Mexico or the Bahamas. There have been rumblings of a change, but that would involve domestic U.S. politics, especially in Florida, so it is hard to say when that might change,

That does not mean a leg or two in the Caribbean basin isn't possible. Only TAR 7 has had legs in the area (Jamaica and Puerto Rico with the end point in Miami/Fort Lauderdale) and I've felt we were overdue for another leg in the region. Haiti would be difficult, as the country is still recovering from the earthquake that destroy Port au Prince, and much of southern Haiti, not to mention the string of hurricanes coming through there in the last decade causing extensive flooding and damage, The Dominican Republic, the Virgin Islands, and much of the Lesser Antilles are possibilities, though.

Oh, as to South America, I don't have the location name handy but there is a major radio observatory in Chile that could harken back to the start line, and that might be a location they go to. Just a passing thought.

DrRox:

--- Quote from: Leafsfan on November 28, 2012, 08:57:32 PM ---
--- Quote from: Charlie90 on November 28, 2012, 08:56:12 PM ---If the end up visiting Cuba, i'll be shocked..I don't mean just this season, i mean in the nearby future..or ever..

--- End quote ---

They can't -.-

--- End quote ---

Sure they can, if BVM wants too. Just takes a bit of paperwork. But I doubt that BVM would go there.

halfass09:
I've been doing a bit of research and I'm starting to think that if the race ends in Houston, the penultimate leg will be in Mexico City. Mexico is loooooonng overdue and hasn't been visited since TAR 3!!! Also, there are tons of direct flights from Mexico City to Houston. And Mexico City is easily accesible from South America or Europe.

redwings8831:

--- Quote from: halfass09 on November 28, 2012, 11:03:22 PM ---I've been doing a bit of research and I'm starting to think that if the race ends in Houston, the penultimate leg will be in Mexico City. Mexico is loooooonng overdue and hasn't been visited since TAR 3!!! Also, there are tons of direct flights from Mexico City to Houston. And Mexico City is easily accesible from South America or Europe.

--- End quote ---

Doubt it as Mexico is on the current travel warnings list for US Citizens.

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/tw/tw_1764.html

Xarles:

--- Quote from: halfass09 on November 28, 2012, 11:03:22 PM ---I've been doing a bit of research and I'm starting to think that if the race ends in Houston, the penultimate leg will be in Mexico City. Mexico is loooooonng overdue and hasn't been visited since TAR 3!!! Also, there are tons of direct flights from Mexico City to Houston. And Mexico City is easily accesible from South America or Europe.

--- End quote ---

I'm starting to like you. (Pure speculation, hahaha.)

In case such miracle happens, and if the 50 plus people now lost somewhere in Africa ever get out of there and into Europe or South America, then the most likely candidate city in Mexico, afterwards, would be Cancun. I insist this is almost impossible but it has been my wish for almost a decade.

CUN has non-stop flights from most of Europe and South America and into almost anywhere-USA. It is an airport where you can see the most unthinkable airliners parked side by side as can be ArkeFly NL and TACA SV, Frontier US and Cubana CU, Transaero RU and Mayan Island Air BZ or Jet Blue US and Magnicharters MX; not to mention a bunch of legacy carriers from all over.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version