Archive > The Amazing Race 22

TAR 22 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**

<< < (52/132) > >>

ZouLy:

Just read Xarles findings about the blog (thanks bro!  :yess: ) but unfortunately they didn't post any pics except the night shot at their hotel :(

Anyway, I also read a couple of travel blogs, and one of them got me suspicious about teams were somewhere in that area,
Posted on Nov 26, the blogger arrived in Maun and telling stories about how difficult to get a taxi outside of Maun Airport, and they were taken to Okavango River Lodge, where they also saw a lot of taxis lined up with "two staffs", "a friend" and a driver..

I've sent a question regarding those scene, and still waiting for his reply, hopefully he can tell us something ;)

Reilly Queens:
Not be a downer on the anti Europe route(which dw, its very possible) I'd like to point out that Joburg DOES have flights to Europe. Particularly London, which like TAR14(which was after the Olympics) they visited the host city, Beijing. Johannesburg has late PM flights to London arriving in the early AM which are perfect times to do legs. Just sayin'

apskip:
Yes, Kandace you are correct. Johannesburg does have 4 flights today nonstop to London plus one to Frankfurt, Munich, Paris-CDG, Zurich and Amsterdam. However, Amazing Races have been to all of those places at least once (and for London  and Paris twice or Amsterdam thrice), so what is the point of going off a tropic of Cancer route?

You can say that Sao Paulo has been the place where AR9 visited, but that is the only Amazing Race visit there. Other cities in South America are easy connections from Sao Paulo if World Race Productions wanted something new.

Declive:
Oh come on...if they're going to visit Brazil , no more São Paulo and Rio.

halfass09:
I'm going to speculate the rest of the route this season! (Hopefully I turn out to be right)

Most likely they will spend 2-3 legs in Africa, which includes Leg 7 in Maun, Botswana. As for the other 1/2 leg(s), they could have stayed in Botswana, or traveled to Namibia or South Africa, who knows. After the African legs, I think it's most likely that they head to South America, and the only country I see them visiting in Brazil. There is always the chance that they fly Europe (London would be the best possibility), but I believe they will fly to Brazil. In Brazil, I think & hope they will have one leg in Brasilia, and one leg in Manaus. Brasilia is the capital and has never been visited and Manaus is the largest city in the Amazon rainforest, which has also never been visited.
If there is still 1 leg left, (which means they only spent 2 legs in Africa), then I think it's a good possibility that they will visit Latin America or the Caribbean. Mexico, Cuba and the Dominican Republic are good candidates. Then off to the finish line, where this year I speculate will be in........ TEXAS! Houston and Dallas are two cities wayyy overdue. Houston has never been visited, and Dallas was only visited once back in TAR 5.

So to recap:
Leg 7: Hanoi --> Maun, Botswana
Leg 8: Maun --> Botswana/Namibia/South Africa??
Leg 9: Africa --> Brasilia, Brazil
Leg 10: Brasilia --> Manaus, Brazil
Leg 11: Manaus --> Latin America
Leg 12: Latin America --> Houston/Dallas, Texas

This is PURE SPECULATION but I feel this is a very probable and likely route to finish the race!  :conf:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version