Author Topic: Amazing Race 22 LIVE Sightings! Tweets Go Here! **please read post 1**  (Read 194316 times)

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
Re: Amazing Race 22 LIVE Sightings! Tweets Go Here! **please read post 1**
« Reply #250 on: December 07, 2012, 04:44:07 PM »

In honour of your on-the-ground effort to stalk teams in DC, I would love to add/support the evidence by posting the picture of some spy agents that were seen in Tidal Basin :

more of spy agents....  :cmas51  :cmas23   :browsie:

Image courtesy and copyright of:

J Bekz
27 views 5 hours ago

About 50 of these guys in sunglasses are walking around not breaking character. Very peculiar 

TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #251 on: December 07, 2012, 04:50:58 PM »

In honour of your on-the-ground effort to stalk teams in DC, I would love to add/support the evidence by posting the picture of some spy agents that were seen in Tidal Basin :

more of spy agents....  :cmas51  :cmas23   :browsie:

Image courtesy and copyright of:

J Bekz
27 views 5 hours ago

About 50 of these guys in sunglasses are walking around not breaking character. Very peculiar 

Well, now I can reveal it, this sighting:

From FB:

xxxxxxxxxxxx
Set of washington dc amazing race 2012
(4 hours ago)

Is wrapped from amazing race tv shoot... 
(4 minutes ago)

made reference to the spy task.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline TSPKM

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #252 on: December 07, 2012, 05:57:17 PM »

as well as a female pink team (I think from posts it would be Jennifer Wayne, who seemed to be taking her time talking to the camera crew during the Roadblock)

hmm the fact that she had a film crew is actually telling, no point in filming the decoys. Maybe she is just a calm person.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #253 on: December 07, 2012, 06:26:33 PM »
LIVE sightings only please, comments to spec please!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #254 on: December 07, 2012, 06:28:40 PM »
Mnay thanks to STROCHE for these wonderful pics! They came a bit scrambled time wise so I grouped some, and added a few closeups, but he is going to have to explain them all!

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline whammo

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #255 on: December 07, 2012, 06:52:24 PM »
stroche -- I was on the ground in DC today too, but didn't get nearly as much (good) information as you got.  I can fill in the blanks on the Old Post Office, though.

After scoping out Lincoln, Vietnam, World War I and other monuments on the west side of the Mall from about 11 am on looking for production or other clues (and finding naught), literally stumbled into a team over by the Martin Luther King Memorial at a little after noon.  Two women, brunettes, wearing red fleece jackets, with film crew.  They seemed to be working on some clue that had something to do with MLK.  No production folks at the site, though.  They talked to a memorial docent, who told them the only other MLK-related things he could think of were the MLK library (highly unlikely, it's an ugly 70's glass building in a high-traffic part of town) or an inscription on the stairs of the Lincoln Memorial where MLK gave his "I Had a Dream" speech.  He was under the impression the girls would head to the Lincoln Memorial.  I talked to their cab driver, who said the girls had told him not to wait as they didn't know how long they would be.  That could have caused them a problem.  FWIW, he really liked them, so they must not have been too assy.

A set of guys were there as well, but I only saw them from afar, as I was talking to their cab driver, who had been asked to wait.  He described one of them as having longish blond hair, had no description of the other.  Just then, the guys popped out at the end of the block and waved him down, so he sped away from me to get them.  Saw another guy there with shortish brown hair, but didn't see them from the front.  Tried to follow their cab, but they got away from me. :furious:

Went back to the Lincoln but found no teams and no production.  The whole MLK thing must have been either a bad misreading of a clue or a decoy route.

Got a tip that there was a road closure over by the Smithsonian Museum of American History, so headed there.  Turned out that the racers went to the nearby Old Post Office.  I got there about 10 minutes after they left, no production in sight.  There, they had to get their clue in a souvenir shop after having their picture taken with a cardboard Obama.  The shop keeper told me that three teams came for clues, all within about 5-10 minutes of each other.  All of them asked for directions to the Tidal Basin.  I was told that blondes in pink were there.  Unfortunately, I had to give up the chase at that point and return to life. :tantrum  So

As an aside, the Old Post Office seemed an odd choice.  Inside there's nothing but a food court and a few small, tacky shops.  There's a gubbmint agency on the top floors, so you can't get in without a full security check (x ray machine for jackets and packages, metal detector to enter).  Maybe CBS got that waived.

Got a couple of pics, but they're either too blurry or too far away to be of use.  I'll post 'em anyway once I get them off my camera.

Sorry I couldn't get more, but it was fun to run along, and I don't expect TAR to come back to DC anytime soon.  Thanks for launching me on this quest, Peach!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #256 on: December 07, 2012, 06:56:17 PM »
:bigwelcome to RFF whammo! Thanks so much for all the chasing today!! :kuss:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #257 on: December 07, 2012, 10:50:01 PM »
And they flew Papaeete to Vaitape!

Going through customs and retrieving our luggage was easy; the wait for our next flight wasn't such a breeze. Apparently, they were taping the Amazing Race and the camera crew, sound guys and contestants were completely obnoxious. The flight to Vaitape was nice. Make sure you sit on the right side of the plane-you will have an amazing aerial view of Bora Bora. Before the plane even opened the cabin door, there were additional film crews waiting outside. We sat patiently and watched as the contestants pushed their way out of the cabin door and took off running to get their luggage
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline colav10

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #258 on: December 08, 2012, 01:33:26 AM »
Interesting tweet saying that there was filming at Mt. Vernon. Thinking possibly the Finish line? Any thoughts?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 08:12:26 AM by georgiapeach »

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #259 on: December 08, 2012, 03:16:44 AM »
Here's a picture that @tanyadunc99 posted to Twitter. I can't save it, but hopefully someone better equipped can grab it from instagram and upload it here. It looks like the Roller Derby Girls at a small booth decorated in Red, White and Blue bunting. It has among other things, a couple of monitors and a framed picture of President Obama. From other descriptions, I think this was taken at the Old Post Office building yesterday. I don't see any cameras, so that may mean the Roller Derby Girls were decoys.

http://instagram.com/p/S9qcWnI23F/

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #260 on: December 08, 2012, 03:27:54 AM »
Here's a picture that @tanyadunc99 posted to Twitter. I can't save it, but hopefully someone better equipped can grab it from instagram and upload it here. It looks like the Roller Derby Girls at a small booth decorated in Red, White and Blue bunting. It has among other things, a couple of monitors and a framed picture of President Obama. From other descriptions, I think this was taken at the Old Post Office building yesterday. I don't see any cameras, so that may mean the Roller Derby Girls were decoys.

http://instagram.com/p/S9qcWnI23F/

Offline stroche

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #261 on: December 08, 2012, 05:55:39 AM »
To add detail and notes to my photos and adventure yesterday.

-this was the final destination city....awesome choice although it was 50 degrees chilly and grey out which is typical dc winter weather.
-per the info found here, appears teams arrived via international terminal at Dulles.
-I saw three teams.  Earlier I stated four but upon review, and having a chance to calm down from the excitement, it was three.  All three didn't appear to be decoys and are as follows:
1)male/female team earlier noted to be the team possibly Jaclyn/Jarod.  The earlier shot posted here of this team helped me ID them as he was wearing very similar outfit to that shot/bright green running sneakers.
2)pink team I can verify was the grapplers Elizabeth and Mona.
3)male/male hockey players, who were in a lead based on my timing

Locations I saw were between 12 noon and 1:15 pm at Nationals Park (clue box and challenge rigging as noted earlier in my post and seen in my shots) and Tidal Basin and Jefferson Memorial (Part of the larger West and East Potomac Park off the National Mall).  The sequence of my shots, since they were out of order, was Nationals Park (from 12-12:35ish with shots of rigging, gates and Phil & steady cam) then Tidal Basin (12:40-1ish with shots of Roadblock with spies, teams running around with briefcases and teams attempting to hail a cab after getting clue) and then back to Nats Park (1-1:15 for shots of clue box and hockey players jumping into cab following challenge).

Some notes about what I saw/clarify now that you see the shots:
-I noted the rigging for the challenge seemed to have teams manually ascend up the rigging from the outfield plaza to the top of the stadium.  I didn't see it in action however the rigging and harnesses were set up in the plaza but it could have been for Phil's standup when i saw them there (notice in the shots through the gate you can see the truss and all on the outfield plaza but mats set up in front to perhaps stop a descent of a team member as if a zip line).  I didn't see the hockey players complete this but did hear one say it was snug up in there as they ran out.
-hockey players were running casually which made me think they were decoys but based on the sequence and my timing, they were ahead by a lot (20-30 mins) then the teams I saw scrambling at the Roadblock at the Basin.  With this lead and being only team at the challenge, I could understand a slower pace out to their cab, especially since a production car and camera crew followed along in other car and in cab (see the photo of the yellow cab...they ran out and hopped in and I didn't have my phone ready sadly)
-the shots of the pink team are the one in the dark vest sprinting around the basin doing the roadblock and her partner waiting with camera crew behind the car as seen in the shot. This is Elizabeth and Mona.  They seemed to have upper hand/lead over female/male team by just a few minutes.  The one behind the car was giving reaction/thoughts to camera man calmly, but had pack on ready to go.  Production asked me to move along nicely but as I drove by I could see a team sprinting up steps of Jefferson across the Basin.  I also passed the town car/limo with race flags on bumper like a motorcade but only saw one.  Based on the parking lot, tents and crew, I'm now concluding that the clue was to find this car and driver for clue for roadblock and then do spy portion.  I do not think it was their transportation as there was only one and that area seemed to be home base for crew and where the one team member waited.
-teams (as seen in the distant shots of what looks like sidewalks and streets you can see Mona/Elizabeth and camera man) ran out from the Mall side of the Basin to intersection of Independence Ave by the Basin and ramps to/off of southeast southwest freeway and 395 by Bureau of Engraving and Printing.  Both pink and male/female were trying to hail cabs at same time within 15 feet of each other and frantically running up and down sidewalk trying to get one, clue envelopes in hand.  This is not a strong spot for cabs, and sadly I couldn't flag them down to tell them.
-there is one shot of a man in a red jacket at Nats Park pointing as if giving to directions to another man.  That's just the security guy at the gate giving directions to a tourist...errant shot!
-I don't know where they came from but from these other tweets Old Post Office sounds like their earlier stop.  I've been to that gift store and its junky and tacky and they try to get every tourist to stop and take a picture with the Obama cut out.  Not sure if that was a task, etc but the team seen in that shot is Mona and Elizabeth and were wearing the same clothes at Roadblock.  Interesting note: old post office is one of the underused federally owned buildings that recently was sold and will be becoming a trump hotel.  Historical landmark that makes for a great route marker, and he's promised to preserve it somehow.
-didn't overhear anything about Mount Vernon but makes great sense for finish line.  Direct route from Nats Park on highways to GW Parkway which runs right up to the estate, secluded and not a heavy tourist destination this time of year mid day when they were racing (come spring and summer tons of school kids)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 08:38:22 AM by georgiapeach »

Offline triple7cris

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #262 on: December 08, 2012, 03:02:16 PM »

December 7, 2012 -   Avid reality show fan here.  Heard news that  the Amazing Race 22 was filming around the DC Metro area yesterday.  hop on to the Metro train station to Nationals Park in the afternoon.  Saw notice signs on lightpoles everywhere saying that there was an event taken place at the ballpark.   when i approach the center field gates ... saw  a team (two males) with a camera guy filming them  around the Amazing Race clue box  possibly  deciding to do the detour challenge or not .   As you can see also, there was EMT ambulance on stand by too.   Didn't see any other team(s) beside them during that time.   Apparently they were well ahead at that point of the race.   

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #263 on: December 08, 2012, 04:46:36 PM »
Awesome triple7chris!! :welcome: to RFF and MANY thanks for sharing!!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 04:50:38 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #264 on: December 16, 2012, 04:18:39 AM »

haven't found this picture in the past...

it's the hockey players at christchurch airport...

Posted on Nov 19, 2012

Great to see the Amazing Race team in Chch NZ! @PhilKeoghan

photo courtesy and copyright of:
@SamJohnsonSVA
Sam Johnson

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #265 on: December 23, 2012, 10:28:26 PM »
NOT a live sighting but another sighting from Tahiti:

"Going through customs and retrieving our luggage was easy; the wait for our next flight wasn't such a breeze. Apparently, they were taping the Amazing Race and the camera crew, sound guys and contestants were completely obnoxious."

:cmaslol

Vaitape it is!

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g311415-d887085-r146775568-Four_Seasons_Resort_Bora_Bora-Bora_Bora_Society_Islands.html

Going through customs and retrieving our luggage was easy; the wait for our next flight wasn't such a breeze. Apparently, they were taping the Amazing Race and the camera crew, sound guys and contestants were completely obnoxious. The flight to Vaitape was nice. Make sure you sit on the right side of the plane-you will have an amazing aerial view of Bora Bora. Before the plane even opened the cabin door, there were additional film crews waiting outside. We sat patiently and watched as the contestants pushed their way out of the cabin door and took off running to get their luggage

Do you two know you missed out on all the photos?? :lol: I won't copy them without permission, but go and have a look! There's a few good ones :)

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #266 on: December 23, 2012, 10:41:37 PM »
NOT a live sighting but another sighting from Tahiti:

"Going through customs and retrieving our luggage was easy; the wait for our next flight wasn't such a breeze. Apparently, they were taping the Amazing Race and the camera crew, sound guys and contestants were completely obnoxious."

:cmaslol

Vaitape it is!

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g311415-d887085-r146775568-Four_Seasons_Resort_Bora_Bora-Bora_Bora_Society_Islands.html

Do you two know you missed out on all the photos?? :lol: I won't copy them without permission, but go and have a look! There's a few good ones :)

Yeah, I saw that photo really clearly but cannot taken photo because won't copy them permission!! Check this out and you a look and good photos!!
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #267 on: December 23, 2012, 11:17:18 PM »
I didn't miss it...I have already reached out to her. Her experience with them sounds less than ideal!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #268 on: January 01, 2013, 08:36:49 PM »
Following photos are from scuba_vixen at http://www.tripadvisor.com.au/

She has graciously given me permission to post the pictures here at RFF.

So please thank her!!

The following pictures are from teams in French Polynesia!

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #269 on: January 02, 2013, 02:21:41 AM »
Thanks, Leaf. The pics were uploaded on December 3rd, 2012 (almost three weeks after teams landed at French Polynesia). I tried to send to Peach, but her inbox is full.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 03:41:09 AM by ApprenticeFan »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #270 on: January 02, 2013, 03:13:35 AM »
Thanks Claude, we have been in contact with her, she has been wonderful!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline ANOOP BHARADWAJ

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #271 on: January 13, 2013, 09:04:54 AM »
hi guys can anyone help me to join this race

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #272 on: January 13, 2013, 01:32:29 PM »
Sorry sweetie, already over! :welcome: to RFF!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #273 on: January 14, 2013, 02:28:52 PM »
hi guys can anyone help me to join this race

Not only has TAR 22 already finished filming, I think applications have closed for TAR 23. You will probably have to apply for TAR 24 at this point. You can apply here:

http://www.theamazingracecasting.com/

Sorry to give you the bad news, but at least you can apply to watch TAR 22 in February and be immediately accepted.  :)

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #274 on: January 22, 2013, 04:06:49 PM »
Here is a blog with a sighting of teams arriving in Zurich airport.  The blogger has replied to a few questions here which you can take a look at.