Archive > The Amazing Race 22

Amazing Race 22 LIVE Sightings! Tweets Go Here! **please read post 1**

<< < (53/58) > >>

colav10:
Interesting tweet saying that there was filming at Mt. Vernon. Thinking possibly the Finish line? Any thoughts?

Plaidmoon:
Here's a picture that @tanyadunc99 posted to Twitter. I can't save it, but hopefully someone better equipped can grab it from instagram and upload it here. It looks like the Roller Derby Girls at a small booth decorated in Red, White and Blue bunting. It has among other things, a couple of monitors and a framed picture of President Obama. From other descriptions, I think this was taken at the Old Post Office building yesterday. I don't see any cameras, so that may mean the Roller Derby Girls were decoys.

http://instagram.com/p/S9qcWnI23F/

ZouLy:

--- Quote from: Plaidmoon on December 08, 2012, 03:16:44 AM ---Here's a picture that @tanyadunc99 posted to Twitter. I can't save it, but hopefully someone better equipped can grab it from instagram and upload it here. It looks like the Roller Derby Girls at a small booth decorated in Red, White and Blue bunting. It has among other things, a couple of monitors and a framed picture of President Obama. From other descriptions, I think this was taken at the Old Post Office building yesterday. I don't see any cameras, so that may mean the Roller Derby Girls were decoys.

http://instagram.com/p/S9qcWnI23F/

--- End quote ---

stroche:
To add detail and notes to my photos and adventure yesterday.

-this was the final destination city....awesome choice although it was 50 degrees chilly and grey out which is typical dc winter weather.
-per the info found here, appears teams arrived via international terminal at Dulles.
-I saw three teams.  Earlier I stated four but upon review, and having a chance to calm down from the excitement, it was three.  All three didn't appear to be decoys and are as follows:
1)male/female team earlier noted to be the team possibly Jaclyn/Jarod.  The earlier shot posted here of this team helped me ID them as he was wearing very similar outfit to that shot/bright green running sneakers.
2)pink team I can verify was the grapplers Elizabeth and Mona.
3)male/male hockey players, who were in a lead based on my timing

Locations I saw were between 12 noon and 1:15 pm at Nationals Park (clue box and challenge rigging as noted earlier in my post and seen in my shots) and Tidal Basin and Jefferson Memorial (Part of the larger West and East Potomac Park off the National Mall).  The sequence of my shots, since they were out of order, was Nationals Park (from 12-12:35ish with shots of rigging, gates and Phil & steady cam) then Tidal Basin (12:40-1ish with shots of Roadblock with spies, teams running around with briefcases and teams attempting to hail a cab after getting clue) and then back to Nats Park (1-1:15 for shots of clue box and hockey players jumping into cab following challenge).

Some notes about what I saw/clarify now that you see the shots:
-I noted the rigging for the challenge seemed to have teams manually ascend up the rigging from the outfield plaza to the top of the stadium.  I didn't see it in action however the rigging and harnesses were set up in the plaza but it could have been for Phil's standup when i saw them there (notice in the shots through the gate you can see the truss and all on the outfield plaza but mats set up in front to perhaps stop a descent of a team member as if a zip line).  I didn't see the hockey players complete this but did hear one say it was snug up in there as they ran out.
-hockey players were running casually which made me think they were decoys but based on the sequence and my timing, they were ahead by a lot (20-30 mins) then the teams I saw scrambling at the Roadblock at the Basin.  With this lead and being only team at the challenge, I could understand a slower pace out to their cab, especially since a production car and camera crew followed along in other car and in cab (see the photo of the yellow cab...they ran out and hopped in and I didn't have my phone ready sadly)
-the shots of the pink team are the one in the dark vest sprinting around the basin doing the roadblock and her partner waiting with camera crew behind the car as seen in the shot. This is Elizabeth and Mona.  They seemed to have upper hand/lead over female/male team by just a few minutes.  The one behind the car was giving reaction/thoughts to camera man calmly, but had pack on ready to go.  Production asked me to move along nicely but as I drove by I could see a team sprinting up steps of Jefferson across the Basin.  I also passed the town car/limo with race flags on bumper like a motorcade but only saw one.  Based on the parking lot, tents and crew, I'm now concluding that the clue was to find this car and driver for clue for roadblock and then do spy portion.  I do not think it was their transportation as there was only one and that area seemed to be home base for crew and where the one team member waited.
-teams (as seen in the distant shots of what looks like sidewalks and streets you can see Mona/Elizabeth and camera man) ran out from the Mall side of the Basin to intersection of Independence Ave by the Basin and ramps to/off of southeast southwest freeway and 395 by Bureau of Engraving and Printing.  Both pink and male/female were trying to hail cabs at same time within 15 feet of each other and frantically running up and down sidewalk trying to get one, clue envelopes in hand.  This is not a strong spot for cabs, and sadly I couldn't flag them down to tell them.
-there is one shot of a man in a red jacket at Nats Park pointing as if giving to directions to another man.  That's just the security guy at the gate giving directions to a tourist...errant shot!
-I don't know where they came from but from these other tweets Old Post Office sounds like their earlier stop.  I've been to that gift store and its junky and tacky and they try to get every tourist to stop and take a picture with the Obama cut out.  Not sure if that was a task, etc but the team seen in that shot is Mona and Elizabeth and were wearing the same clothes at Roadblock.  Interesting note: old post office is one of the underused federally owned buildings that recently was sold and will be becoming a trump hotel.  Historical landmark that makes for a great route marker, and he's promised to preserve it somehow.
-didn't overhear anything about Mount Vernon but makes great sense for finish line.  Direct route from Nats Park on highways to GW Parkway which runs right up to the estate, secluded and not a heavy tourist destination this time of year mid day when they were racing (come spring and summer tons of school kids)

triple7cris:

December 7, 2012 -   Avid reality show fan here.  Heard news that  the Amazing Race 22 was filming around the DC Metro area yesterday.  hop on to the Metro train station to Nationals Park in the afternoon.  Saw notice signs on lightpoles everywhere saying that there was an event taken place at the ballpark.   when i approach the center field gates ... saw  a team (two males) with a camera guy filming them  around the Amazing Race clue box  possibly  deciding to do the detour challenge or not .   As you can see also, there was EMT ambulance on stand by too.   Didn't see any other team(s) beside them during that time.   Apparently they were well ahead at that point of the race.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version