Author Topic: TAR 21 Ep 6 "Get Your Sexy On"  (Read 14908 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 21 Ep 6 "Get Your Sexy On"
« Reply #100 on: November 02, 2012, 02:06:47 PM »
New "Sneak Peek" Promo up in post 2!!
"Our fans are pretty good. They don't give away too much. Sometimes people love dropping spoilers, but our fans are good. They tend to do it in such a way that doesn't ruin it for fans who don't want to know."--Phil Keoghan

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #101 on: November 02, 2012, 09:46:02 PM »
"For the first time ever, one team steals another team's money."

The question is which team would have a thinking process that would let them even think they'd get away with that, when they're being followed with a camera and sound crew.

So the question really is, which team is that delusional to think they'd get away with it? I'll be shocked if the team doesn't get a penalty; this is much like the incident in season 6 back where Don and Mary Jean took Adam and Rebecca's vehicle with their things in it.....although the interference is much like Mark and Michael committed in Thailand on TAR 14.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #102 on: November 02, 2012, 09:53:39 PM »
Thanks, Peach. Pitstop confessional?

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Cookies with licorice, can't get better than this!
« Reply #103 on: November 02, 2012, 10:19:35 PM »

This could be stating about anything since Lucy and Emilia from TARAustralia 2 also talked a lot with their hands.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom... FULFILLED <3
----------------------------------------------------
TAR QUOTE OF THE MONTH October 2014
"Okay, okay, that's enough shaking! I'm coming to fight you." ~Mirna (of Charla & Mirna; season 11, leg 10)

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #104 on: November 02, 2012, 10:29:26 PM »

This could be stating about anything since Lucy and Emilia from TARAustralia 2 also talked a lot with their hands.

They're talking about the massage  :gaah: .
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains--however improbable--must be the truth." --Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #105 on: November 02, 2012, 10:39:37 PM »
Press Release! SpeedBump ==eating??

TEAMS ENDURE A STEAMY DETOUR IN ISTANBUL TO KEEP THEIR RACE FROM GETTING SCRUBBED, ON “THE AMAZING RACE,” SUNDAY, NOV. 4

CHEAT TWEET: After 2 sweaty legs in Bangladesh, Teams strip down 4 a Turkish deep body scrub on #AmazingRace, 11/4 830pmET / 8pmPT http://bit.ly/TiTBuW

“Get Your Sexy On” – Teams endure a steamy detour in Istanbul to keep their race from getting scrubbed.  Meanwhile, after finishing last on the previous leg, Josh and Brent must overcome a tasty Speed Bump in order to keep their hopes of racing alive, on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, Nov. 4 (8:30-9:30 PM, ET / 7:30-8:30 PM, CT / 8:00-9:00 PM, PT) on the CBS Television Network.

I have been to a Turkish festival in Chicago before in September and I have thought about the Turkish ice cream, AKA dondurma, they sold there. They had an extra special marshmallow texture to it that made it very thick and tasty. I did some research about it after returning from the festival and they had a creative sticky recipe I wanted to make. My batch didn't turn out so marshmallowy though. :'( So maybe Josh & Brent are going to make a Turkish ice cream mixture for their Speed Bump.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dondurma
"Okay, okay, that's enough shaking! I'm coming to fight you." ~Mirna (of Charla & Mirna; season 11, leg 10)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #106 on: November 03, 2012, 01:32:26 AM »

Definitely!! Can we find this?

"Our fans are pretty good. They don't give away too much. Sometimes people love dropping spoilers, but our fans are good. They tend to do it in such a way that doesn't ruin it for fans who don't want to know."--Phil Keoghan

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Missing Apskip :(
« Reply #107 on: November 03, 2012, 01:58:44 AM »
Slowhatch's discovery of the Pit Stop confessional reveals the location of the Pit Stop!

The building in the background is the Kuleli Askeri Lisesi or Kuleli Military High School

But the Pit Stop is not located at Kuleli.  That is across the Bosphorus.  The angle of the shot with respect to the building gives away the Pit Stop location as:  Kuruçeşme Cemil Topuzlu Parkı.   (Panoramio)

And for whatever reason seems to be the home of the world's largest yacht (in 1931):  the Savarona

« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 02:01:47 AM by Chateau d If »
Documenting her Race Around the World:  Wild Eyes
Our children, what are they going to amount to?

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #108 on: November 03, 2012, 05:10:44 AM »

It looks like a Deja-Vu from TAR19 copenhagen...

Savarona the 9th largest yacht in the world, ISTANBUL, Turkey :

Don't ever put {hashtag} '#amazingrace' if you don't want to be chased by RFF's TAR Detectives 8)

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #109 on: November 03, 2012, 05:15:10 AM »

and also note that there's this pretty big stage / arena just 100 meters away from Savarona (the Ship) ...

which I predict the Belly dancer scene might taken here..?  :duno:

Don't ever put {hashtag} '#amazingrace' if you don't want to be chased by RFF's TAR Detectives 8)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #110 on: November 03, 2012, 09:29:12 AM »
Oh good job Chateau!!

A PARK it is!!! :tup:

I hope the belly dancer wasn't just filler... I would love to see such a task and we are missing the other Detour! Thanks Zouly!

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #111 on: November 03, 2012, 11:50:15 AM »
Pretty sure it's the boat!  It lives there.    :lol:

It even has its own Google Earth 3D Building model loaded in place.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #112 on: November 03, 2012, 01:29:48 PM »
OK, I'm bored... so here's my 2 cents on the pitstop vs. confessional location in Istanbul.   :umn:

The pitstop may well be the park, or the boat, or who knows where... I don't care...  :lol:   the confessional is IMO not in any of those places.  According to the angle on the "green thingie" behind the school (confessional view of "green thingie" is to the left, while pitsop view of "green thingie" is to the right of school tower).   :knuckles:  got that... whew!!!  that was a mouthful..   :lol3:

soooooo.... I think the confessional may well be further north of the ship/park, somewhere near the mansions/hotels along the shore.   Well, I did say I was bored....   :lol: 

I need a drink!   :keeta:

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #113 on: November 03, 2012, 02:23:31 PM »
OK, I'm bored... so here's my 2 cents on the pitstop vs. confessional location in Istanbul.   :umn:

The pitstop may well be the park, or the boat, or who knows where... I don't care...  :lol:   the confessional is IMO not in any of those places.  According to the angle on the "green thingie" behind the school (confessional view of "green thingie" is to the left, while pitsop view of "green thingie" is to the right of school tower).   :knuckles:  got that... whew!!!  that was a mouthful..   :lol3:

soooooo.... I think the confessional may well be further north of the ship/park, somewhere near the mansions/hotels along the shore.   Well, I did say I was bored....   :lol: 

Boingo, I think you missed this:

The green circle is this:

and also note that there's this pretty big stage / arena just 100 meters away from Savarona (the Ship) ...

which I predict the Belly dancer scene might taken here..?  :duno:

"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains--however improbable--must be the truth." --Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #114 on: November 03, 2012, 06:13:28 PM »

Boingo, I think you missed this:

WTF?  No, I didn't miss anything.  I saw it previously, and dismissed it as a random association with a belly dancer and a venue.  Nothing to do with a confessional location shown in the previews.  You may be confused by the pitstop vs. confessional discussion.  Please re-read my post as to my point.  I see no linkage between these two seemingly unconnected postings.  A coincidence that they may be in the same general location, but not connected, IMO.   :groan:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #115 on: November 03, 2012, 06:17:42 PM »
There are TWO green thingies, does that matter? ???

But the PitStop should be in a PARK so hopefully Chateau has it... :iok

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #116 on: November 03, 2012, 06:26:02 PM »

Here's my 2 vectors* worth  :lol:

The confessional was shot within 60 yards of the bow of the Savarona.  It's quite close when you consider that the ship is about 150 yards long!

Those catena shaped lines in the lower right of the shot may well be the lines tying up the Savrona.  (Panoramio)

*huge Turkish flag and smokestack relative to the witch's-hat roof

Offline KevinTheAmazingRace

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #117 on: November 04, 2012, 11:25:52 AM »

Is it me or does it seem like it's dark outside when Lexi is doing the roadblock?  :duno:

Offline maf

• RFF TAR Chronicler
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #118 on: November 04, 2012, 12:24:04 PM »
Is it me or does it seem like it's dark outside when Lexi is doing the roadblock?  :duno:

It is indoors in the Grand Bazaar.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #119 on: November 04, 2012, 06:40:59 PM »
This shot was taken between 9:09 and 9:19 am (assumes June 6th).

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #120 on: November 04, 2012, 06:46:06 PM »
Which means they take flight TK 761 from Dubai 2:35/3:02 am arriving in Istanbul 6:25/6:21 am.

And that's after EK 585 from Dhaka to Dubai which we previously confirmed.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #121 on: November 04, 2012, 08:05:37 PM »
Press Release! SpeedBump ==eating??

TEAMS ENDURE A STEAMY DETOUR IN ISTANBUL TO KEEP THEIR RACE FROM GETTING SCRUBBED, ON “THE AMAZING RACE,” SUNDAY, NOV. 4

CHEAT TWEET: After 2 sweaty legs in Bangladesh, Teams strip down 4 a Turkish deep body scrub on #AmazingRace, 11/4 830pmET / 8pmPT http://bit.ly/TiTBuW

“Get Your Sexy On” – Teams endure a steamy detour in Istanbul to keep their race from getting scrubbed.  Meanwhile, after finishing last on the previous leg, Josh and Brent must overcome a tasty Speed Bump in order to keep their hopes of racing alive, on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, Nov. 4 (8:30-9:30 PM, ET / 7:30-8:30 PM, CT / 8:00-9:00 PM, PT) on the CBS Television Network.

I have been to a Turkish festival in Chicago before in September and I have thought about the Turkish ice cream, AKA dondurma, they sold there. They had an extra special marshmallow texture to it that made it very thick and tasty. I did some research about it after returning from the festival and they had a creative sticky recipe I wanted to make. My batch didn't turn out so marshmallowy though. :'( So maybe Josh & Brent are going to make a Turkish ice cream mixture for their Speed Bump.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dondurma

Never doubt the power of ice creamy tasty goodness!  :yess:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #122 on: November 05, 2012, 01:14:56 AM »
Whole lotta boat!

Offline Theodorus

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • A million dollars? Drink with Jamy after the show?
« Reply #123 on: November 05, 2012, 04:18:20 AM »
Wht about our belly dancer?
TAR Greece: Soon. DTAR 2: Soon
#FF7F50

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #124 on: November 05, 2012, 08:41:48 AM »
Wht about our belly dancer?

Maybe it is when they go to Amsterdam :lol:.

Custom Search