Author Topic: TAR 21 Ep 6 "Get Your Sexy On"  (Read 15106 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
TAR 21 Ep 6 "Get Your Sexy On"
« on: October 21, 2012, 07:12:21 AM »
Location info thanks to theschnauzers

here's the episode 6 description in TV Guide:

Title find thanks to supah3ro!!

=================

TEAMS ENDURE A STEAMY DETOUR IN ISTANBUL TO KEEP THEIR RACE FROM GETTING SCRUBBED, ON “THE AMAZING RACE,” SUNDAY, NOV. 4

CHEAT TWEET: After 2 sweaty legs in Bangladesh, Teams strip down 4 a Turkish deep body scrub on #AmazingRace, 11/4 830pmET / 8pmPT http://bit.ly/TiTBuW   

“Get Your Sexy On” – Teams endure a steamy detour in Istanbul to keep their race from getting scrubbed.  Meanwhile, after finishing last on the previous leg, Josh and Brent must overcome a tasty Speed Bump in order to keep their hopes of racing alive, on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, Nov. 4 (8:30-9:30 PM, ET / 7:30-8:30 PM, CT / 8:00-9:00 PM, PT) on the CBS Television Network.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 01:26:21 PM by georgiapeach »
"Our fans are pretty good. They don't give away too much. Sometimes people love dropping spoilers, but our fans are good. They tend to do it in such a way that doesn't ruin it for fans who don't want to know."--Phil Keoghan

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 21 Ep 6 "Get Your Sexy On"
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2012, 07:12:36 AM »
PREVIEW!! Thanks TL!!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/WvxDIvvFCCA?version=3&amp;amp;hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/WvxDIvvFCCA?version=3&amp;amp;hl</a>

TVpromo1! Thanks TL!!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/lqq0KciiICs?version=3&amp;amp;hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/lqq0KciiICs?version=3&amp;amp;hl</a>

Extended promo!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DhG6L7sDlTg?version=3&amp;amp;hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DhG6L7sDlTg?version=3&amp;amp;hl</a>

Sneak peek!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/IOYOreHnFRo?version=3&amp;amp;hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/IOYOreHnFRo?version=3&amp;amp;hl</a>
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 02:04:22 PM by georgiapeach »
"Our fans are pretty good. They don't give away too much. Sometimes people love dropping spoilers, but our fans are good. They tend to do it in such a way that doesn't ruin it for fans who don't want to know."--Phil Keoghan

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2012, 08:15:51 AM »
Leg 6 (Dhaka, Bangladesh → Istanbul, Turkey )

Filmed5-6 June
Broadcast4 November

ROUTE INFOShahjalal International Airport (DAC) to Atatürk International Airport (IST)
FLIGHTSDAC > DXB

ROUTE INFOGrand Bazaar, Istanbul
TASKInvolves selling tea to locals.

ROUTE INFOUnknown
DETOUR AUnknown
DETOUR BGo to Ayasofya Hürrem Sultan Hamamı and take a Turkish bath.

PIT STOPKuruçeşme Cemil Topuzlu Parkı, Istanbul

Safe

At Risk

EliminatedUnknown

« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 10:20:41 AM by Dom El »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2012, 10:50:55 AM »
Saved for MAPS

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2012, 10:51:17 AM »
saved for something! :lol:

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Cookies with licorice, can't get better than this!
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2012, 08:05:07 PM »
Yup, just saw the Turkish leg preview. There is a Turkish bathhouse task. It looks like the same one from TARAustralia 2!  :hearts: Inferring from the cold water phrase from Jaymes and the "uncle" massage from season 14's massage RB... the bathhouse task is going to be the Turkish bathhouse ritual.  :yess:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkish_bath (Third paragraph)

The Roadblock is definitely going to be selling some items at a souq from the first Lexi scenes.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 08:20:24 PM by RachelLeVega »
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom... FULFILLED <3
----------------------------------------------------
TAR QUOTE OF THE MONTH November 2014
"Can I smash it now?" ~Brooke (of Brooke & Robbie; season 25, leg 6)

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2012, 08:40:11 PM »
Correction time! For the Istanbul RB, they are most likely headed to the Grand Bazaar from the "arch"itecture :lol: in the preview clips. Not sure what kind of vendor costume they are wearing. Can someone check the clips if there are any, most thanks.  :luvya:

Offline Kandace

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2012, 08:44:39 PM »
Correction time! For the Istanbul RB, they are most likely headed to the Grand Bazaar from the "arch"itecture :lol: in the preview clips. Not sure what kind of vendor costume they are wearing. Can someone check the clips if there are any, most thanks.  :luvya:

self centered bossy bitch ♥

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Sr. Member
  • I'm on probation right now, and please be careful.
    • Apprentice Talker
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2012, 08:47:13 PM »
Next week's episode will be in Turkey, the greeting's phrases in Turkish:

Merhaba = Hello.
Güle Güle or Hoşçakal = Goodbye.

(Modern) Turkish language is a member of Oghuz group of languages, a subgroup of Turkic language family.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkish_language

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2012, 08:52:25 PM »
preview up!!  ^^

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2012, 09:16:53 PM »

Awesome! Thanks Kandace for your help. :hearts: So we now know, they might be serving drinks from the cup stacks and backpack-styled container. Here's what I think:

ROADBLOCK:
Team members must don a traditional Turkish vendor costume and sell (unknown #) cups of Turkey's staple beverage, rakī, charging each cup no less/more than (unknown amount). After they have earned (amount required) and gives it to the head barista, teams will receive their next clue!

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2012, 09:38:54 PM »

Awesome! Thanks Kandace for your help. :hearts: So we now know, they might be serving drinks from the cup stacks and backpack-styled container. Here's what I think:

ROADBLOCK:
Team members must don a traditional Turkish vendor costume and sell (unknown #) cups of Turkey's staple beverage, rakī, charging each cup no less/more than (unknown amount). After they have earned (amount required) and gives it to the head barista, teams will receive their next clue!

Thanks to JOY S. SWAINSON for allowing me to share these photos she took while at the Grand Bazaar in Istanbul.
Please respect her ownership of these photos and do not reproduce them or post them elsewhere without her permission.
The first 2 are Abby and Ryan leaving the Grand Bazaar. Note that Ryan has a Route Info clue in his hand and Abby is carrying a box of some sort.

My guess is that its a Backgammon game - which is very popular in Turkey.

And - Ryan has a Bangladesh T-Shirt on - wonder why???

This is Kelly (of Rob and Kelly - the monster truck drivers) selling tea in the Grand Bazaar. As you can see, our photographer bought some from her!

Original photos are here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/joyfuljoy/7374487234/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/joyfuljoy/7374488506/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/joyfuljoy/7189207459/
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains--however improbable--must be the truth." --Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Kandace

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2012, 09:41:20 PM »
Thanks Alanavada your so talent
self centered bossy bitch ♥

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2012, 09:45:37 PM »
The baths resemble the Ayasofya. (turn down your speakers, music comes with the website  :lol:)

Offline BitchBitch

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2012, 09:48:05 PM »
capture for naked Jaymes please :hrt: :<3 :luvya:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2012, 10:05:49 PM »
CAPS! (Please, if you have any,  feel free to add any clearer ones to the group! Just please mark them for RFF if you can...)

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2012, 10:18:44 PM »
Roadblock: Grand Bazaar (selling shots of rakī)
Task: Ayasofya Turkish Bathhouse (Turkish bath ritual)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2012, 10:20:57 PM »
The baths resemble the Ayasofya. (turn down your speakers, music comes with the website  :lol: )

Perfect! Thanks Slowhatch!

And here is their MAP:

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2012, 10:24:22 PM »
CAPS! (Please, if you have any,  feel free to add any clearer ones to the group! Just please mark them for RFF if you can...)

That means me, right?
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains--however improbable--must be the truth." --Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Sr. Member
  • I'm on probation right now, and please be careful.
    • Apprentice Talker
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2012, 10:31:17 PM »
Roadblock: Grand Bazaar (selling shots of rakī)
Task: Ayasofya Turkish Bathhouse (Turkish bath ritual)

Raki is a Turkish unsweetened alcoholic drink similar to Gin or Vodka.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 10:37:10 PM by ApprenticeFan »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2012, 10:33:06 PM »
From the season preview we have this:

If you watch the presentation video in SLowhatch's link...guess what they have??

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2012, 10:33:46 PM »

ROADBLOCK:

Thanks to JOY S. SWAINSON for allowing me to share these photos she took while at the Grand Bazaar in Istanbul.
Please respect her ownership of these photos and do not reproduce them or post them elsewhere without her permission.
The first 2 are Abby and Ryan leaving the Grand Bazaar. Note that Ryan has a Route Info clue in his hand and Abby is carrying a box of some sort.

My guess is that its a Backgammon game - which is very popular in Turkey.

And - Ryan has a Bangladesh T-Shirt on - wonder why???

This is Kelly (of Rob and Kelly - the monster truck drivers) selling tea in the Grand Bazaar. As you can see, our photographer bought some from her!

Original photos are here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/joyfuljoy/7374487234/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/joyfuljoy/7374488506/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/joyfuljoy/7189207459/
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 10:52:41 PM by Alenaveda »

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2012, 10:48:09 PM »
From the season preview we have this:

If you watch the presentation video in SLowhatch's link...guess what they have??

I guess you're talking about this:

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2012, 10:49:39 PM »
From personal experience, they are selling chai (sweet tea) in the bazaar.

A little perspective on locations......

A wider perspective......

« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 01:21:35 AM by DrRox »
Matthew 7:15

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2012, 10:55:19 PM »
Lots of good stuff in the spoiler threads!!

Ed Kushins ‏@MrHomeExchange
#AmazingRace. Saw Phil today at #AyasofyaHurremSultanHamami Turkish bath in Istanbul with camera crew, guessing filming today or tomorrow

another. Istanbul looks very possible

Turkey!
Siti Fatimah Hisham ‏@CtFatimah101

Ada Amazing Race at the Grand Bazaar today lol. My dad tolong beli tea from one of the contestants.

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,27206.msg762438.html#msg762438

Custom Search