Author Topic: Dutch Mole - Series 13 in South Africa [with English subtitles!]  (Read 29033 times)

Offline Topita

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: Dutch Mole - Series 13 in South Africa [with English subtitles!]
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2013, 09:37:46 PM »
I have a question: in this season there are always people in the background in Art's monologue. What does that infer? ???

ETA: Another question: has it ever happened that the Mole got so badly injured in a challenge that s/he had to be evacuated from the game? What would the crew do in this case? To choose a new mole from the contestants?

Obviously I haven't got an actual, confirmed answer to this.. ;)

Thing is, if the person getting ill or injured etc was the Mole I doubt we would ever be informed tbh..
I assume they have a backup plan in order... I very much doubt they would let it all go to waste, as lots of money is at stake as well as a very popular show for the public network which is already struggling in some respects...

Anyway, I don't think said person was the Mole in this series at least. They seemed to be playing the game as contestant- or maybe they just chose to show us that who knows.. But I doubt she was a Mole candidate though. Not quite the type imo.

Getting back to your question though, no clue, the production's always been quite vague and unclear about it - for obvious reasons I'd say. ;)
Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. :)

Offline Topita

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2013, 09:48:58 AM »
Time for Episode 3 of the Mole S13 in South Africa!!   :conf:  :wohoo:

With lots moooreee very pretty colorsss....  :colors  :luvya:

Feel free to share your thoughts and suspicions! :sab  :)
I for one would love to read/hear them!  :)  :hrt:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/LOGlbPutQGA" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/LOGlbPutQGA</a>
Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. :)

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2013, 07:49:39 AM »
Thanks to this episode, my leading suspect was eliminated.

My bet is now on
Show content
Tania
. So obvious after watching this episode.
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline Topita

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2013, 09:12:37 AM »

My bet is now on
Show content
Tania

Too obvious, maybe?  ;)

Offline Topita

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2013, 09:55:42 PM »
I am really loving this series so far!  :luvya:

South Africa is looking so beautiful, plus I love the cast and challenges!!  :conf:  :hrt:

So any more people who want to share their thoughts or theories?  :)

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2013, 01:51:15 AM »

My bet is now on
Show content
Tania

Too obvious, maybe?  ;)

True. :) 90% possibility Tania and 10% possibility Zarayda.

I feel Paulien will win.
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline Topita

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2013, 03:54:38 AM »

My bet is now on
Show content
Tania

Too obvious, maybe?  ;)

True. :) 90% possibility Tania and 10% possibility Zarayda.

I feel Paulien will win.

So why are you so sure it's
Show content
Tania
then, apart from the whole 'she said she was going for
Show content
Tim
on the test yet she's still here'..?  ;)

No offense but in previous series this turned out to be not true on so many occasions.. Mostly because questions at this stage of the game in particular have answers pertaining to several people. Hence Tania may well have answered questions right accidentally.

On more than a few occasions contestants have been astonished to see their main suspect getting executed when they had put all the answers on their entire test on them.. especially when not a lot of people are onto the right mole yet I might add..

So do you have any other reasons for it except for the
Show content
'Tim leaves so it has to be her'
thing?  ;)
(I'm serious, I'm curious as to your reasoning.  :))
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 03:58:52 AM by Topita »

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2013, 05:35:42 AM »
It's just instinct. :lol: Usually I don't have luck in lottery anyway. I still remember the Mole in the previous season was ruled out in my suspect list early. :lol3:

Tania sabotaged a lot of things, and barely brought money into the pot. I don't understand why she put all eggs in one basket in the first test (as she claimed in EP2, if it was true) to one person (Tim) who was not suspected by most contestants, and she gladly told many people Tim was the Mole. It's not understandable in a contestant's view, but for a Mole it's one way to throw the target on someone else.

Also, if I recall it correctly, in the safari challenge in EP3, every team had 3 envelopes, while in Tania's confessional she listed 4 animals? ???
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline Topita

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2013, 01:05:15 PM »
Time for Episode 4 of the Mole S13 in South Africa!!    :hrt:

Coming from the very lovely Hazyview in SA!!  :colors  :hearts:

As ever: Feel free to share your thoughts and suspicions! :sab  :)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/z8EogxyzkHs" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/z8EogxyzkHs</a>

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2013, 12:15:42 AM »
I feel this comment on Youtube interesting.

If those pieces of paper really are photographic papers (I'm pretty much certain they are), then it was suspicious that Zarayda specifically said they should open them before it gets dark.

Kees, Paulien, Tania, Zar are all suspicious. As to others I don't think any of them is the mole.
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2013, 09:04:24 PM »
I don't understand the first challenge in EP4. Art said they missed a lot of money. What did they miss? Was it an envelope containing money on the road? ???
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline Topita

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2013, 03:30:53 AM »
I don't understand the first challenge in EP4. Art said they missed a lot of money. What did they miss? Was it an envelope containing money on the road? ???

I don't quite get it either. I'm hoping we'll get an explanation for it in the reunion episode.  :)
Art was being very vague about it all. It's been hypothesized that perhaps the 'big five' that Art was referring to may have in fact been the big five on the Mole money (which features that just like the real SA money does).

It looks like there'll be (undeveloped on photo paper) money in the tubes, so perhaps that's what Art was talking about.
It seems strange though, because the way he said it made it sound like they should have spotted money somewhere along the way.
But I have no clue where, so.. Just hoping this will be clarified later because at the moment I really don't know how the contestants could have spotted it..  ???

Offline Topita

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2013, 06:18:01 PM »
Time for an all freshhhh Episode 5 of the Mole S13 in South Africa!!     :hearts:

This time coming from the stunning Kruger Park in SA!!  :colors  :hrt:

In between the wild pets and several moles.. Can you detect the real one?  :)

As ever: Feel free to share your thoughts and suspicions! :sab  :)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/AEgGTDkMLB4" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/AEgGTDkMLB4</a>

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2013, 09:10:10 AM »
Haven't finished watching EP5 yet.

I enjoyed the first challenge in EP5 since it also used to be a very very popular game in China (though not popular nowadays) to the extent that almost every teenager played it! ;) Don't know what it's called in foreign countries. In China we call this game "Who's the killer".

My bet on who's the Mole:
Show content
Zarayda 45%, Paulien 40%, Kees 15%.
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline Topita

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2013, 11:30:35 AM »
I enjoyed the first challenge in EP5 since it also used to be a very very popular game in China (though not popular nowadays) to the extent that almost every teenager played it! ;) Don't know what it's called in foreign countries. In China we call this game "Who's the killer".

So did I!  :hearts:
In fact I think it will be among my favorite challenges ever because of the psychology and double bluffs going on.  :hrt:

It's still being played on game forums and such. I think it's called either 'werewolves', 'werewolves and vampires' or 'mafia'.
Same principle.  :)

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2013, 02:22:55 AM »
After watching the whole episode 5 and some comments on Survivorsucks I've changed my opinion about the mole a little bit.

My opinion about the possibility of who the mole is:
Show content
Zarayda 30%
Paulien 35%
Kees 35%

P.S. From what's been shown in this season it seems a lot of contestants haven't been on the right track. I'm expecting a season where even the winner is on the wrong track finally. :lol3:

Topita, who's your favorite player so far (whether s/he's a contestant or the mole)? I like Carolien very much. To me she's very interesting. :)

ETA: I'm wondering about one thing. In EP5 Tania noticed that on the money taken from the safe there was an icon of a buffalo. In the safari challenge in EP4 there was also a buffalo among "Big 5". That buffalo was
Show content
Tim
. Is there any relationship between these two things?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 04:01:53 AM by SuperTux »
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline scuzneck

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2013, 09:15:07 AM »
I have just finished episode 3 of the series, so I have not read all of the comments. (I hate to be spoiled).

First, let me say thanks to the OP for translating this series into English. I can only imagine how difficult it must be to do so. As an American, I feel shamed that I could not, even in my wildest dreams, be able to translate anything into any other language. At times, I feel us Americans are too arrogant and ignorant of other countries and languages. Watching this and reading the, from what I can tell, nearly flawless script makes me feel stupid. :)

Back to the show.

I really have no clue who the Mole could be. My hunch says its
Show content
Kees
but that's just based on the vibe I got when I first saw the introductions.

This show is really and truly greatness because of the fact you never know what's going to happen next. We are in the dark as far as anticipating the next move. We have ideas but more often than not those ideas never materialize. This show is too cerebral for the American viewer. We tried a few seasons and it never caught on. Such a shame. But at least I have 12 more seasons of this version of the Mole to catch up on. :)

Question: Are the celebrities featured this season household names in the Netherlands or are they B-list celebrities? (Just curious.)

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2013, 09:16:17 AM »
Indications about who the Mole could be in this season, noticed by Mole fans:

Show content
Tania
There're many fast clips of Carmen, especially in early episodes. For example, in EP2 when Tim was hit by the laser a painting of Carmen suddenly appeared.

Paulien
Is there any?

Zarayda
1. Some fans noticed when she initially arrived in SA holding the "De Mol" card, she was reading "I am..."--I am the Mole.
2. In EP1 the clip of "'82" was shown, referring either Zarayda or Kees.

Kees
1. He's the only one who has the clip of jokers (on which there're the words "de mol") shown in the opening intro. When this clip is shown there's a background sound like "am am"... Seems like "I'm de mol."
2. The clip of "'82" in EP1.
3. The priest's description of SA in EP1--The first letters form the word Case (Kees) is the Mole.
4. The lion on the Mole diary.

好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2013, 09:18:38 AM »
Question: Are the celebrities featured this season household names in the Netherlands or are they B-list celebrities? (Just curious.)

B-list or even C-list... :)
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline Topita

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2013, 10:56:27 AM »
Supertux you're not Dutch so no offense, but how would you know?!  ;)

The fact that I don't know some of them means nothing because most of them are known by a certain audience.
Daniel for instance did act in a number of very popular Dutch movies and series, so most people here would know him. Whether that makes him A or B list to me is not important, regardless...

The comments on survivorsucks are in part by me, sharing some of the theories on the forums.  :)
I don't think there have been any direct references found to
Show content
Paulien
yet no but I'll keep my eyes peeled. I too have a life and I don't have the time to read up on everything on the forums..  ;)

As for favorite contestant: I really like Tim and Paulien especially, and Carolien too. I actually like the entire cast I think, though some of them are a bit too OTT in terms of drama for my liking at times (Zarayda and Tania eg though they are funny too).

@scuzneck
I'm glad you're enjoying the show!  :)
We've managed to translate 4 whole series apart from this one so far, feel free to have a look at my you tube account (same as these vids). It's a lot of work though, we're doing it in our spare time too so not all other 12 series have been subtitled so far. We may do another series perhaps, once this one is done, but it all depends if we can find the time to do it.  :)

Anyway, happy to hear you're enjoying it.

Offline scuzneck

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2013, 04:35:47 PM »
Fourth episode finished and I must say that was the most enjoyable execution/elimination ever in reality television. I loved every single nail-biting second of it.

Still clueless when it comes to who the mole is. I will stick with my initial thought until I see or hear something blatantly otherwise.

On to, episode 5.

And, just being curious and loving this cast and this show, how long until episode 6 and the others are translated. I love the work you and your group does Topita. Keep up the good work and keep them coming.

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2013, 06:43:10 PM »

I remember once you said that you were not very familiar with many contestants before they participated in WIDM, so I'd guess that those celebs are not among A-list celebs. :)
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline Topita

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #47 on: February 07, 2013, 12:39:12 AM »

I remember once you said that you were not very familiar with many contestants before they participated in WIDM, so I'd guess that those celebs are not among A-list celebs. :)
True but I also said that didn't mean much since I don't watch a lot of Dutch tv, series or go to theatres/musicals and such.  ;)
So I probably know fewer of them than the average person you might ask. :)

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2013, 02:55:34 AM »
I read the spoilers for EP6. Having known who was executed in EP5, I wasn't surprised at the executee this time.

I hope we will have a Chinese version of The Mole someday. Our producers just don't know there's such an amazing show--every time it is that when a show is a hit in America/Britain, our producers would get it and introduce the show in China. :( For shows that are hot in other countries, those producers have no interest at all.
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline Topita

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2013, 06:25:19 AM »
Time for Episode 6 of the Mole S13 in South Africa!!   :conf:  :wohoo:

Coming to us from high altitudes this time.  ;)  :luvya:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/zPKAXXUwAC8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/zPKAXXUwAC8</a>