Author Topic: Cindy and Ernie's Ep 3 Discussion!!  (Read 64623 times)

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Cindy and Ernie's Ep 3 Discussion!!
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2012, 10:29:32 PM »
Hi Ernie & Cindy! :)

Obviously with Taxi/transportation drama being a major issue these past few legs, I was wondering, how did you guys end up picking your cabbies each leg? Did it differ much from leg to leg and whether you got it on the street after a task or at the airport?

Thanks! It's lovely having you guys back each week to talk to!  :hrt:

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2012, 10:30:21 PM »
Ernie is not liking the NHL Lockout! He wants to see some Kaneerrrr win another Stanley cup for the hawks. Did you see Ernie shoot the puck at halftime?  It was his bachelor party gift from me!!

That's awesome! Some serious wife points for Cindy! :lol:

Like infinite points.  :lol:

Anyways , do you guys think that another U-Turn should appear on the season , or just 1 time is good?
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline ErnieCindyTAR19

• RFF VIP
  • RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2012, 11:01:29 PM »
hahaha thank you!!! It took calling that PR office at the Hawks every day for a month!

Anyway, I have a feeling we'll see the U Turn board again. It usually shows up twice each season!

Will we see a fast forward this season? Last season had 2 and our season had NONE!

Ernie is not liking the NHL Lockout! He wants to see some Kaneerrrr win another Stanley cup for the hawks. Did you see Ernie shoot the puck at halftime?  It was his bachelor party gift from me!!

That's awesome! Some serious wife points for Cindy! :lol:

Like infinite points.  :lol:

Anyways , do you guys think that another U-Turn should appear on the season , or just 1 time is good?

Offline Mug Costanza

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2012, 11:13:58 PM »
Will we see a fast forward this season? Last season had 2 and our season had NONE!

Last season had 3 (helicopter in Italy, haybales in Azerbaijan, head shaving in India), which really surprised me. There weren't any in your season or the one before it, so I thought it was done for good. I'd hope to see one sometime in the next two legs.
"I defy you to come up with a better name than Seven!"
"Alright... how 'bout Mug? Mug Costanza!"

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2012, 11:14:49 PM »
Catching up, but thank you both for an awesome discussion!!

I hate that Amy/Daniel and Brittany/Caitlin both went out thanks to bad cabbies. I don't like it when things outside the racers' control doom them, which is prob why I HATE the U-Turns! :lol3:

Fast-Forwards on the other hand can be super strategic when there are enough of them...in the early seasons knowing WHEN to go for one was crucial!! I had forgotten that your season had none...  but I think it is safe to say that there will be at least a couple this time again.

Sending you both a BIG :ghug: and thanks from all of us, you make this so much fun!!

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2012, 06:48:04 AM »
At least these are double u-turns.  Single ones are so unfair.  And they are anonymous so I don't know why people are so scared to use it, you are allowed to u-turn more than once on the race I assume.  The detour wasn't that difficult anyway, which goes for the tasks generally on this race so far.  If there are u-turns I would prefer them at the start of longer legs though so it gives people a chance to recover more.

I think the audience often forget that the race is very tense and people will lose their cool at points, in a foreign land with strangers and really with a total dependance on them it's going to get tough at times.

I do feel the race is less daring and less spectacular now.  I'm sure there will be some good tasks eventually, but there must be some great natural and man-made locations in Indonesia they could have used.  When the race started a decade ago they used great famous locations and racers had longer legs and maybe some tougher challenges as well.  Now the emphasis seems to be more on local workplaces which can be interesting, but visiting things like local fishmarkets every season can get a bit samey.  I would love them spending some of the money they have for this show on using some more unusual locations within tasks. 
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 07:01:38 AM by starrynight »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2012, 07:55:08 AM »
At least these are double u-turns.  Single ones are so unfair.  And they are anonymous so I don't know why people are so scared to use it, you are allowed to u-turn more than once on the race I assume. 

Nope, only once. So waste it too early and you may lose out later when you really need it.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2012, 06:54:56 PM »
Peach,

I believe that starrynight is correct! For regular U-turns there is no issue, but for anonymous U-turns different rules apply. See AR14 when Luke/Margie still had the opportunity to use a regular U-Turn after they exercised the anonymous U-turn.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 10:27:50 AM by apskip »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2012, 09:47:17 PM »
That might be, I was thinking regular. We'll have to ask!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Mug Costanza

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2012, 11:01:35 PM »
I remember Luke saying here some time ago that he and his mother were planning on U-Turning someone in China if they were first to the board, so it sounds to me like if you use a Blind U-Turn, you can still use your regular U-Turn power. (But who knows if that rule changed when they changed from Courtesy Of pictures to iPads? :lol:)
"I defy you to come up with a better name than Seven!"
"Alright... how 'bout Mug? Mug Costanza!"

Offline maf

• RFF TAR Chronicler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2012, 11:38:53 PM »
In earlier seasons the 1 U-turn limit was motivated with the fact that teams only carried one courtesy-of photo. Now with the new digital U-turn signs that is no longer an issue. But the rule may still be there, we just don't know.

Also, even if the U-turn is blind, how hard is it to figure out who did what when teams meet up at the next airport?

/MaF

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2012, 07:39:28 PM »
In earlier seasons the 1 U-turn limit was motivated with the fact that teams only carried one courtesy-of photo. Now with the new digital U-turn signs that is no longer an issue. But the rule may still be there, we just don't know.

Also, even if the U-turn is blind, how hard is it to figure out who did what when teams meet up at the next airport?

/MaF

Gary and Will could lie about using the second u-turn, since the only other team that saw it were eliminated.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2012, 05:42:36 AM »

/MaF

Gary and Will could lie about using the second u-turn, since the only other team that saw it were eliminated.

But nobody saw them using the U-turn unless Catlin & Brittany told teams after they were eliminated. Besides it affected no one.

Offline maf

• RFF TAR Chronicler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2012, 05:48:16 AM »
But nobody saw them using the U-turn unless Catlin & Brittany told teams after they were eliminated. Besides it affected no one.

It could have been a non-elimination. Just because you do not have to put your picture there does not mean that you can be sure to remain anonymous. You just can't know.

But we digress. I think the more interesting question is if teams are still limited to one non-blind U-turn or not. Perhaps Ernie & Cindy can shed some light on that?

/MaF

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2012, 10:33:16 PM »
Cindy and Ernie are out of the country this week, and have sent their regrets at not being able to do the recaps this week. We'll look forward to welcoming them back before long!!
RFF's Golden Rule: