Subscribe to the Big Brother Live Feeds

Author Topic: Ep 3 East Coast SHOW updates and commentary ** please read the rules**  (Read 5877 times)

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: Ep 3 East Coast SHOW updates and commentary ** please read the rules**
« Reply #125 on: October 16, 2012, 06:28:25 AM »
Keep in mind that the editors do tell you things by implication; if a team keeps having problems with one taxi driver (or a series) they may show a couple of quick clips of those without beating us over the head about it, especially in this phase of the Race with a lot of teams, and multiple locations to cover. The blondes were shown making all sorts of mistakes before that last ride to the pit stop. They wasted a lot of time trying to find the location for the U-Turn, and kept going over the same (incorrect) territory without thinking it through.
I can;t believe they didn't ask locals about the location they were given, because it seems to me any resident would have recognized the intersection with little trouble. So their elimination was due to their making mistakes that were even bigger than Gary-Will, who seem to make enough of them as it is.

I don't trust the editing anywhere near as much as you.  And I think it is very likely they did ask people for directions (every racer does), and the people who take them around in circles are the taxi drivers.  That's what taxi drivers who are lost do, gets them more money often as well.  And the editors very often like to beat the audience over the head with their 'themes' lol, that's been one of the weaknesses of the program in the past.
Reality Fan Forum, where 'enthusiasm' is completely redefined as not meaning having an interest in and having something to say but as having to be completely positive even about aspects of something you disagree on.  So both the fan and forum (discussion) aspects are prescribed/limited.

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #126 on: October 17, 2012, 05:25:28 AM »
After re-watching the episode, they definitely could've made some minor improvements to make the challenges better.

Egg Head - I think they did everything they could do, but they could've made teams balance the coconuts on their heads instead of letting the team members' hold them?

Lion's Head - They should've made teams memorise the processional steps. They had a choreographer in from of them the WHOLE time instructing them what to do.

I did enjoy both Detours, but these ^ are some things they could've done to make it just that little bit harder.

and my favourite quote of the episode would have to go to Brittany - "For the love of God, CEPAT!!!!!"  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Subscribe to the Big Brother Live Feeds

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #127 on: October 17, 2012, 07:27:15 AM »
I was surprised so many did the dancing task, the egg one sounded like it would be quite easy.
Reality Fan Forum, where 'enthusiasm' is completely redefined as not meaning having an interest in and having something to say but as having to be completely positive even about aspects of something you disagree on.  So both the fan and forum (discussion) aspects are prescribed/limited.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #128 on: October 17, 2012, 12:25:37 PM »
The egg one was tricky...you had to go to a second location to get the eggs, and the more travel, the more room for error. Some teams might have chosen to not do it because of that alone.

The hot sauce may also have thrown some teams off.

The lion heads while easy to look at were probably VERY difficult to manage. We know they weighed 40++ lbs and were held in place by a bite block. Add very limited visibility, having to kneel down and GET BACK UP with 40++lbs on your head, and do this for about a mile...not easy at all.

While some tasks come across simple, remember that there are always hidden things that may make them very difficult to do!!
"Our fans are pretty good. They don't give away too much. Sometimes people love dropping spoilers, but our fans are good. They tend to do it in such a way that doesn't ruin it for fans who don't want to know."--Phil Keoghan

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #129 on: October 17, 2012, 01:06:02 PM »
I personally think the Lion's Head detpur was actually difficult enough even without the choreography. Because of the extremely limited field of vision, it made sense that the Racers were being led in the procession, and having been given a chance to practice the turns and steps before beginning the procession, it still required a lot of the Racers to carry the masks for whatever distance was involved. The only advantage to the Head's task was that they arrived at the one location and were led to the end of the procession route, which meant they couldn't get lost. That balances out the egg task which did require teams to carry the egg and fire on their heads after getting the eggs from another location, and had better odds of losing time because of the additional stop. So I think the tasks were designed to be roughly equal in difficulty, although some teams would have had trouble with either one task or the other.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #130 on: October 17, 2012, 05:35:10 PM »
Just throwing it out there...

Which detour do you think took less time (on average)?

I say that because the farmers finished last on the egg head on their train but Gary & Will talked about it was so easier. Just curious.

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #131 on: October 18, 2012, 09:36:25 AM »
Random thought,

but I find it amazing for some reason how 2/3 of the Top 3 of Leg 1 have already been eliminated, whereas in the last few seasons, nearly the entire Top 3 of Leg 1 made their way to the finale.

:3

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #132 on: October 21, 2012, 11:25:33 AM »
I love the randomness of this season... now if... Ryan and Abbie didn't win last leg... :lol:

Okay, but they are nice people!!

Offline Airlines

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Victoria - Slaying your faves probably <3
« Reply #133 on: October 22, 2012, 04:02:06 AM »
I love the randomness of this season... now if... Ryan and Abbie didn't win last leg... :lol:

Okay, but they are nice people!!

The leg three curse has been broken by TARV.
Victoria Rafaeli - BB16 champion hopefully

Custom Search