Author Topic: Ep 3 East Coast SHOW updates and commentary ** please read the rules**  (Read 30560 times)

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: Ep 3 East Coast SHOW updates and commentary ** please read the rules**
« Reply #125 on: October 17, 2012, 07:27:15 AM »
I was surprised so many did the dancing task, the egg one sounded like it would be quite easy.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #126 on: October 17, 2012, 12:25:37 PM »
The egg one was tricky...you had to go to a second location to get the eggs, and the more travel, the more room for error. Some teams might have chosen to not do it because of that alone.

The hot sauce may also have thrown some teams off.

The lion heads while easy to look at were probably VERY difficult to manage. We know they weighed 40++ lbs and were held in place by a bite block. Add very limited visibility, having to kneel down and GET BACK UP with 40++lbs on your head, and do this for about a mile...not easy at all.

While some tasks come across simple, remember that there are always hidden things that may make them very difficult to do!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #127 on: October 17, 2012, 01:06:02 PM »
I personally think the Lion's Head detpur was actually difficult enough even without the choreography. Because of the extremely limited field of vision, it made sense that the Racers were being led in the procession, and having been given a chance to practice the turns and steps before beginning the procession, it still required a lot of the Racers to carry the masks for whatever distance was involved. The only advantage to the Head's task was that they arrived at the one location and were led to the end of the procession route, which meant they couldn't get lost. That balances out the egg task which did require teams to carry the egg and fire on their heads after getting the eggs from another location, and had better odds of losing time because of the additional stop. So I think the tasks were designed to be roughly equal in difficulty, although some teams would have had trouble with either one task or the other.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #128 on: October 17, 2012, 05:35:10 PM »
Just throwing it out there...

Which detour do you think took less time (on average)?

I say that because the farmers finished last on the egg head on their train but Gary & Will talked about it was so easier. Just curious.

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #129 on: October 18, 2012, 09:36:25 AM »
Random thought,

but I find it amazing for some reason how 2/3 of the Top 3 of Leg 1 have already been eliminated, whereas in the last few seasons, nearly the entire Top 3 of Leg 1 made their way to the finale.

:3

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #130 on: October 21, 2012, 11:25:33 AM »
I love the randomness of this season... now if... Ryan and Abbie didn't win last leg... :lol:

Okay, but they are nice people!!

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #131 on: October 22, 2012, 04:02:06 AM »
I love the randomness of this season... now if... Ryan and Abbie didn't win last leg... :lol:

Okay, but they are nice people!!

The leg three curse has been broken by TARV.