Author Topic: Winners Edition: Wish List  (Read 7764 times)

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
Winners Edition: Wish List
« on: October 05, 2012, 09:57:39 PM »
Ok, so I could be the minority in this, but I would personally LOVE to see a Winners Edition for TAR! Some former racers have also admitted they would love to see it as well! But it's not like an 'All Stars' season, because everyone has their opinion of what an All Stars team is. This would be easy, because it's winners, and there aren't many to choose from. Plus I wouldn't like to see another 'All Stars' with teams that didn't win after the outrage of fans that weren't happy with the selections for Unfinished Business.

Here are the winners of The Amazing Race for the past 20 seasons (excluding TAR8)

Rob & Brennan
Chris & Alex
Flo & Zach
Reichen & Chip (I'm pretty sure they're divorced?)
Chip & Kim
Freddy & Kendra
Uchenna & Joyce (they've done it twice)
BJ & Tyler
Tyler & James
Danielle & Eric (they've done it twice plus they are no longer in a relationship)
TK & Rachel
Nick & Starr
Tammy & Victor
Meghan & Cheyne
Dan & Jordan
Nat & Kat
Kisha & Jen (they've done it twice, so I think it would be fair if they weren't on this one)
Ernie & Cindy
Dave & Rachel

The teams in bold in the above list would not be eligible to compete.
Now here are the teams that I would ask to compete in the Winners Edition.

1. (F/F) Nat & Kat - I'm SURE I'm not the only one who would love to see them race around the world one more time!
2. (M/M) Rob & Brennan - It wouldn't be right if the team who won the very first season wasn't on a Winners Edition! Plus they were superior racers IMO
3. (M/M) BJ & Tyler - This cast would need the energy of BJ & Tyler. Some of you loved them, some of you hated them, but I would love to see them back!
4. (M/M) Dan & Jordan - It would be a good opportunity for the brothers to prove that they deserved their win. I didn't particularly like them, but we need a good mix of teams, including brothers!
5. (M/M) Tyler & James - I did like them and I am glad that they won, so I wouldn't mind seeing them again. HOWEVER if the Chippendales, Beekman Boys or James & Abba win TAR21, I would rather see them.
6. (M/F) Tammy & Victor - I liked them.
7. (M/F) Nick & Starr - We didn't have any representatives for TAR13 in Unfinished Business, so they need to come back.
8. (M/F) Chip & Kim - I dont care if you didn't like them. I WANT THEM BACK!
9. (M/F) Meghan & Cheyne - I kinda liked them. The did break a record, so they kinda have to come back.
10. (M/F) Dave & Rachel - The team who currently has the record for most legs won? It wouldn't be Winners Edition without them.
11. (M/F) TK & Rachel - It would be interesting to see how their relationship has developed since the race. If they can't come back, I would ask for Flo & Zach. Freddy & Kendra would be next choice. But I really, really don't want to see Kendra back.

If they did do a Winners Edition, it would have to be the toughest race ever! With tonnes of surprises along the way of course.
So are you against it or all for it? I would love to know what you guys think, and which teams you'd like to see come back :)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 10:09:18 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Winners Edition
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2012, 10:20:17 PM »
Flo and Zach did not refused. Flo and DREW refused.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 10:23:59 PM »
I fixed it.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 12:10:58 AM by supah3ro »

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 10:27:36 PM »
Flo and Zach did not refused. Flo and DREW refused.
Thanks Declive! I fixed it.

Also they were never a couple  :lol: :lol:

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2012, 10:32:48 PM »
My bad.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 12:11:08 AM by supah3ro »

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2012, 10:48:58 PM »
It would be great to see racing Dave & Rachel (8 legs won) against Nick & Starr and Meghan & Cheyne (7 legs won).
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2012, 10:52:11 PM »
Personally I'd prefer to see the teams with the most leg wins all in one season, but a Winners edition would work also.

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2012, 01:01:07 AM »
I thought Danielle & Eric are still friend after they tryed long distance.

I would love to see some of the winners from the intenational versions.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2012, 01:04:10 AM »
Reichen and Chip Arndt (so as to distinguish from the other one) have both said separately at different times over the years since their season, that if they were ever asked back to compete again they would do it as a team.

I doubt though WRP would do it now, when they didn't want to do it as All-Stars when they could have. I was the one who started that discussion at TWoP, and that was what I had suggested; or the top performing team similar to the rankings I've since worked out into a consistent measurement of placement performance.

But WRP doesn't seem to think that most winners were popular (more accurately were the ones CBS publicity liked to promote) so I doubt we'll ever see either variation, as much as I would like to see what happened. And there still quite a few of us still around who still think Rob and Brennan could win against any subsequent winning team because they had the additional handicap of doing a Race with no idea of how it would work beforehand, something every other winner has had to work from for their season.
-- theschnauzers

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2012, 05:16:26 AM »
Personally I'd prefer to see the teams with the most leg wins all in one season, but a Winners edition would work also.

Yeh that would be good, but isn't as obvious so I doubt the producers would go for it unfortunately.  Sometimes a team that has dominated might have a bit of bad luck at the end and not end up winning.

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2012, 03:25:15 PM »
Josh & Brent.. :res: :cmaslol

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2012, 06:45:20 PM »
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2012, 09:50:17 PM »
If they do a winner's edition, I think it will be pretty exciting considering we don't know whether Dave and Rachel, Nick and Starr or Meghan and Cheyne are stronger...

But then, some of the winners are the most boring team ever (TK and Rachel; i like them, don't come defending them and say that I don't know them blahblahblah) so they need a really good mix of teams. They can't just choose all the strong teams... Josh and Brent should be there to like sort of... prove to the world they didn't win the first time by sheer luck (although they pretty much did) and I don't think they have what it takes to win again.

But then again, Sandra won Survivor twice.. so you never know.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2012, 09:56:18 PM »
Meghan and Cheyne competed against Sam and Dan , Globies (biggest threats)
Nick and Starr competed against Ken and Tina (biggest threat)
Dave and Rachel competed against Art and JJ , which never leaved TOP4 and are really top racers.

I think Dave and Rachel are the best.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2012, 10:03:10 PM »
I actually thought Meghan and Cheyne are the strongest team ever, after Leg 5, they literally didn't leave the Top 2 and won 6 individual legs. Rachel and Dave are somewhere there but they bicker much more than M/C? That's just my opinion.

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Winners Edition: Wish List
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2012, 11:52:56 PM »
My list: (this will be adjusted as more teams win)

Must:
AT LEAST 2/3 Dominant Male/Female teams (Meghan+Cheyne, Nick+Starr, Rachel+Dave)
Chip+Kim (very positive team, fun to watch)
BJ+Tyler (no other winners like these guys. Cant have winners edition without them. T'tow!)
Josh+Brent (needs an underdog team, also a gay couple, nice guys)
Nat+Kat

other teams I think would be good to include:
Flo+Zach (a redemption story for Flo lol. She said she would only do it with Zach, so chance of her saying yes. If declines, Freddy and Kendra would be my choice for girl needing redemption.)
Rob+Brennan (1st winners a must!)

I'm fine as long as there is no Dan and Jordan  :cmaslol

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2012, 03:17:56 AM »
If I could pick the 11 winning teams to return then I'd personally pick

1. BJ and Tyler
2. Chip and Kim
3. TK and Rachel
4. Nick and Starr
5. Meghan and Cheyne
6. Nat and Kat
7. Rachel and Dave
8. Josh and Brent
9. Uchenna and Joyce
10. Rob and Brennan
11. Tyler and James

I'd also want the route to go across all six continents and have maybe two new countries like Samoa and Greenland
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Felix

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2012, 02:23:20 PM »
1. BJ & Tyler
2. Flo & Zach
3. Rob & Brennan
4. Nat & Kat
5. Josh & Brent
6. Dave & Rachel
7. Nick & Starr
8. Uchenna & Joyce
9. Chip & Kim
10. Meghan & Cheyne
11. Freddy & Kendra

Offline amazing race fan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2012, 04:22:08 PM »
I am not in favor of a winners season. I would rather see a Season 1-21 All Star season, rather than a winners season, on some races the best team didn't win.

1. BJ and Tyler
2. Andy and Tommy
3. Meghan and Cheyne
4. Nat and Kat
5. Rachel and Dave
6. Colin and Christie
7. Eric and Jeremy
8. Jet and Cord
9. Dustin and Kandice
10. Brook and Claire
11. James and Jaymes

I want to see the best of the best race. I don't want to see a team like Charla and Mirna or the Twins. I want to see the best of the best, to see who is the best team in the history of the franchise.

Plus, I don't want to see Brenchel or Romber any more. They have had enough of reality TV.

I would love to see a "Best of the Best" season. I am not privy to personal relationships between former racers, so I don't know if all of these teammates are still in contact with each other, but if so, this would be my 11 teams.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2012, 06:42:24 AM »
Would be happy to have this as long as a decent cast is chosen and a good team wins. :cmaslol

Please no Freddy/Kendra (don't need to hear any more racism kthx), Tyler/James, Eric/Danielle (you ruined one of the best seasons kthx), Tammy/Victor (unless they get lost in some Romanian forest and are never heard from again), Dan/Jordan (unless they censor the audio every time the word 'bro' is uttered) or Ernie/Cindy (unless you gouge my eyes out and every vital organ in my body) but I would not really object to any other teams returning, although there are several that I dislike to a lesser extent than those mentioned above.

Also, Flo/Zach, Chip/Kim, Uchenna/Joyce, Meghan/Cheyne, Nat/Kat, Kisha/Jen and Rachel/Dave are a MUST, although I can understand not including the teams who have participated twice.

I wouldn't mind a season with strong teams returning but if Dustin & Kandice are not included, I will refuse...
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline amazing race fan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2012, 04:03:11 PM »
Would be happy to have this as long as a decent cast is chosen and a good team wins. :cmaslol

Please no Freddy/Kendra (don't need to hear any more racism kthx), Tyler/James, Eric/Danielle (you ruined one of the best seasons kthx), Tammy/Victor (unless they get lost in some Romanian forest and are never heard from again), Dan/Jordan (unless they censor the audio every time the word 'bro' is uttered) or Ernie/Cindy (unless you gouge my eyes out and every vital organ in my body) but I would not really object to any other teams returning, although there are several that I dislike to a lesser extent than those mentioned above.

Also, Flo/Zach, Chip/Kim, Uchenna/Joyce, Meghan/Cheyne, Nat/Kat, Kisha/Jen and Rachel/Dave are a MUST, although I can understand not including the teams who have participated twice.

I wouldn't mind a season with strong teams returning but if Dustin & Kandice are not included, I will refuse...

Eric and Danielle didn't ruin season 11, Danielle did. I think if there was ever a best of the best edition, Eric and Jeremy should be at the top of the list for possible teams to run it. They were a very good team, and whether you rooted for them or not, they weren't an extremely annoying or obnoxious team.

I consider them one of the best teams to never win.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2012, 08:59:46 AM »

Eric and Danielle didn't ruin season 11, Danielle did. I think if there was ever a best of the best edition, Eric and Jeremy should be at the top of the list for possible teams to run it. They were a very good team, and whether you rooted for them or not, they weren't an extremely annoying or obnoxious team.

I consider them one of the best teams to never win.

I actually liked Jeremy, but I never liked Eric - with Jeremy or with Danielle - so it would have been better to see Jeremy on TAR11 imo. :cmaslol
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥