Author Topic: Life After Top Chef  (Read 1984 times)

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Life After Top Chef
« on: October 05, 2012, 09:40:27 AM »
This show brings back 5 best performing and fan favorite chefs for their insights into what they have been doing since their season:

Richard Blais (S4 finalist and winner S8 Top Chef All-Stars)

Spike Mendelsohn (S4 and S8)

Fabio Viviani (S5 and S8)

Jennifer Carroll (S6 and S8)

Richard has an upscale restaurant in the Atlanta area that is acting as a time sink and causing friction with his wife.

Spike has opened a burger restaurant and pizza restaurant but now he is going for a more upscale restaurant with his sister, mother and father.

Fabio is opening an Italian restaurant.

Jennifer gave up her job with Eric Ripert to open a new restaurant, but her financial backing fell through and now she needs to find other sources of financing.

They met at the Aspen Food and Wine Festival and experience the challenges of cooking for 1,000 guests. Jennifer's scallops were not there as expected, so she had to hustle and thaw out 1000 pieces of frozen shrimp.  Spike sauntered in at 25 minutes before serving time, which meant that he delegated everything except final quality control to his sous chefs.

I plan to continue to watch this because these chefs are among my favorites from all Top Chef seasons. However, I may or may not choose to write about it, depending on how interesting it turns out to be.