The Amazing Race > The Amazing Race Discussion

TAR 21 Ratings thread

<< < (8/9) > >>

LoveRocked:
Green Bay Packers vs. the 'Amazing' 'gay guys'

"The Amazing Race" victory by a former Oconomowoc resident, Josh Kilmer-Purcell, and his partner, known as the Beekman Boys,  put the amazing in the show's title Sunday night.

Kilmer-Purcell and his partner, Brent Ridge, won the $1 million competition in which multiple teams of two race around the world completing arduous tasks.

They were dismissed as the weakest team by other contestants - who called them "the gay guys" - until the final task, which required contestants apply brain instead of brawn.

They beat out two likable young sweethearts and two cocky Chippendale dancers. The surprise result was a bit like the nerds beating the popular kids in high school.

The two-hour episode itself, however, was cursed.

It aired opposite the Green Bay Packers game against the Detroit Lions on NBC, and its start was delayed because of a "60 Minutes" overrun. Both contributed to the show's 21% drop in ratings from last year's finale, which, coincidentally, was won by a Madison couple.

According to The Wrap.com, the finale earned a 2.6 rating and drew 9.3 million viewers.

The Packers game, on the other hand, dominated the night - as expected. NBC's "Sunday Night Football" telecast averaged 15.9 million viewers, peaking at more than 20 million at the start of the game nationally. About a half-million of them live in the Milwaukee area.

The game averaged a 52.7 rating on WTMJ-TV (Channel 4), or the equivalent of 479,000 television households. A local rating point represents 9,100 homes. The game's rating peaked at 55.5 - or 505,050 households - at 9 p.m.

"The Amazing Race" averaged a 4.6 on WDJT-TV (Channel 58), or 41,860 TV households, but some people may have recorded it on their DVR while watching the game.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/entertainment/182848941.html

ianthebalance:
I know people are gonna tell me I am wrong, but I think the fact that the twinnies were saved by a NEL was the main reason the ratings dropped.

ianthebalance:

--- Quote from: Leafsfan on December 10, 2012, 05:35:36 PM ---
--- Quote from: ianthebalance on December 10, 2012, 05:15:13 PM ---I know people are gonna tell me I am wrong, but I think the fact that the twinnies were saved by a NEL was the main reason the ratings dropped.

--- End quote ---

I doubt that. It was the football game that dropped viewers. The sisters made this season entertaining

--- End quote ---

I know that, but the twinnies got MAJOR hate on facebook. Now that I think about it, it was probably a combo of football + twinnies. By the way, the Chippendales made this seaosn entertaining.

RaceUntilWeDie:
Such a shame :cmas4 the finale really delivered last night

Genius:

--- Quote from: LoveRocked on December 10, 2012, 02:33:11 PM ---
They beat out two likable young sweethearts and two cocky Chippendale dancers.
--- End quote ---

Unrelated, but this seems wrong. The descriptions should have been reversed.  :cmaslol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version