Author Topic: TAR 21 Premiere Discussion! Hosted by TAR 19's Cindy and Ernie!  (Read 7076 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 21 Premiere Discussion! Hosted by TAR 19's Cindy and Ernie!
« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2012, 12:23:00 AM »
I ADORE the "new" clueboxes!! But they could be much harder to spot! Were y'all given a head's up that they might be different in orientation or was it a big shock??
"Our fans are pretty good. They don't give away too much. Sometimes people love dropping spoilers, but our fans are good. They tend to do it in such a way that doesn't ruin it for fans who don't want to know."--Phil Keoghan

Offline ErnieCindyTAR19

• RFF VIP
  • RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2012, 12:24:27 AM »
OK it's off to bed for us, but if you have questions, post them here! We'll try to answer everyone's questions as you post them!  Have a great week and thanks for stopping by to chat about our favorite show. Thanks to Peach for inviting us on here - we had so much fun!  Thanks to everyone reading and asking questions!  If you're on Twitter, you can find us at : @Ernie_Halvo and @CindyCHalvo 

:ghug:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #52 on: October 01, 2012, 12:26:41 AM »
You guys did an awesome job, thank you SO much!! You have a standing invite to make this a regular event if you would like!!

:tu for doing this!! :kuss:
"Our fans are pretty good. They don't give away too much. Sometimes people love dropping spoilers, but our fans are good. They tend to do it in such a way that doesn't ruin it for fans who don't want to know."--Phil Keoghan

Offline Mug Costanza

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #53 on: October 01, 2012, 12:34:13 AM »
I don't really have a question for you, Ernie and Cindy. Just wanted to say congratulations on the wedding, and I hope you can come back and do this every week, if you can. :) Thanks for taking the time!
"I defy you to come up with a better name than Seven!"
"Alright... how 'bout Mug? Mug Costanza!"

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #54 on: October 01, 2012, 12:36:22 AM »
Thank you so much Ernie & Cindy! :luvya:

Offline Air

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chinsanity
« Reply #55 on: October 01, 2012, 12:44:53 AM »
:tu Ernie & Cindy and sweet dreams! 
Lee Lin Chin - National Treasure

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • #BestSeasonsinceTAR14
« Reply #56 on: October 01, 2012, 02:29:20 AM »
Thank you Ernie and Cindy for your amazing sharing! Always fun to read!! :conf: :tup:
We are all misfits living in a world on fire.

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #57 on: October 01, 2012, 06:32:44 AM »
Hi Ernie and Cindy!  I only discovered The Amazing Race at the start of this year and looking through them you were one of the few winners I didn't mind winning (Rachel and TK maybe being another).  Would have liked the snowboarders to get to the final as well though.

Anyway I found this premiere really disappointing.  The tasks just seemed recycled and pretty easy, I hardly got to know any of the teams, the editing just seemed for those with a short attention span as it was so rushed even though not that much was happening.  The only real drama seemed at the end in finding the abacus.  And I don't see the point of the 2 million twist, it only concerns one team now and I really wish they had used any extra money for tasks and locations.
Reality Fan Forum, where 'enthusiasm' is completely redefined as not meaning having an interest in and having something to say but as having to be completely positive even about aspects of something you disagree on.  So both the fan and forum (discussion) aspects are prescribed/limited.

Offline hakushu8

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #58 on: October 01, 2012, 08:31:33 AM »
Aww... I missed this. :(
I hope you come back next week, Ernie and Cindy! :hrt:
just dance
~*~
I don't understand the question, and I won't respond to it.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • #BestSeasonsinceTAR14
« Reply #59 on: October 01, 2012, 01:40:36 PM »
The new clueboxes actually started only in TAR 19 right? I remembered we thought there was a conspiracy for the finale task for TAR 19.. turns out it was a false alarm! Would have been such a great finale memory task for that season!
We are all misfits living in a world on fire.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #60 on: October 03, 2012, 08:55:27 AM »
Hi Ernie and Cindy!  I only discovered The Amazing Race at the start of this year and looking through them you were one of the few winners I didn't mind winning (Rachel and TK maybe being another).  Would have liked the snowboarders to get to the final as well though.

Anyway I found this premiere really disappointing.  The tasks just seemed recycled and pretty easy, I hardly got to know any of the teams, the editing just seemed for those with a short attention span as it was so rushed even though not that much was happening.  The only real drama seemed at the end in finding the abacus.  And I don't see the point of the 2 million twist, it only concerns one team now and I really wish they had used any extra money for tasks and locations.

CBS/World Race Productions knows that there is approximately a 10% probability that they will have to pay out the extra million. This had to have been part of their budgeting for the show. It did not allow them to spend a real $1,000,000 extra on tasks and locations.

Offline ErnieCindyTAR19

• RFF VIP
  • RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #61 on: October 08, 2012, 10:00:41 PM »

Aww thank you so much!!! We have had such a wonderful year and are blessed to have each other, our family and friends, and of course, all of you - our RFF Family!

I don't really have a question for you, Ernie and Cindy. Just wanted to say congratulations on the wedding, and I hope you can come back and do this every week, if you can. :) Thanks for taking the time!

Offline ErnieCindyTAR19

• RFF VIP
  • RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #62 on: October 08, 2012, 10:03:49 PM »
Haha thanks so much!!  We love Andy & tommy, they were such a strong team!!! They have been tons of fun to race with as well as our friendship after the show.  Truly wonderful guys.

We also felt this premiere was a bit disappointing - it all seemed fairly easy and there wasn't much time to get to know the racers. I liked the 2 roadblock format because a detour would have taken too much time to explain (thus fewer min to meet the teams) but we still felt like there could have been a little more story there.

The two million twist will be interesting, unless Ryan & Abbie don't make it to final 3. Then, it just drew the suspense of however long Ryan & Abbie made it.

Thanks for watching and thanks for the support!!  :hearts:

Offline ErnieCindyTAR19

• RFF VIP
  • RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #63 on: October 08, 2012, 10:05:36 PM »
We hardly ever saw the clue boxes! Which is maybe because they were new and they didn't want them to get dirty or something  :lol:

How come there was no memory task in TAR 20!?!  I think this season will be soooo hard because they have to make up for missing it last season!

The new clueboxes actually started only in TAR 19 right? I remembered we thought there was a conspiracy for the finale task for TAR 19.. turns out it was a false alarm! Would have been such a great finale memory task for that season!

Custom Search