Author Topic: Season 9  (Read 3615 times)

Offline amazing race fan

• RFF Full Member
Season 9
« on: September 04, 2012, 05:33:00 PM »
I was just watching Season 9 again recently, and I realized how underrated of a season it was for a few reasons.

1. Of course the MoJo vs. hippies drama. I think it was a little overblown by Monica, but it was really at its peak in leg nine when MoJo were yielded and they somehow made up the time to beat the hippies to the mat. That sprint to the finish during leg nine between the frat boys, MoJo and the hippies was epic. I can't really remember a sprint to the finish like that in any season when three teams knew they were battling for two spots in a sprint to the mat. Of course, it ended up being a NEL, but it was still a tension filled sprint to the finish.

2. The personalities of the hippies and the frat boys. Obviously the hippies stand out because they are so different from any team that has ever raced the race, but I think Eric and Jeremy really get underrated. They aren't the typical alpha male team that is dominant and not that interesting. They were a dominant team, but they were actually funny guys.

If you don't want to go back and watch a full season, at least go back and watch the last five or so episodes of Season 9. It was the best back half of a race on this show that I can remember. I was iffy on season 9 before re-watching, but my opinion has drastically changed.

Offline Tarfan37

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: Season 9
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 08:47:52 AM »
underated? i dont think so. heres why. a majority of the peopple i talked to love s9. in fact they claim that it is probably their favorite season. however i do agree that this had the best back half of any season to date.

Online ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 03:19:55 PM »

2. The personalities of the hippies and the frat boys. Obviously the hippies stand out because they are so different from any team that has ever raced the race, but I think Eric and Jeremy really get underrated. They aren't the typical alpha male team that is dominant and not that interesting. They were a dominant team, but they were actually funny guys.

YES! :hearts: They had the best interaction between two seperate teams I can think of. IDK why, it just worked.

Also, the final 3 this season had the most likable teams. BJ and Tyler :hearts:, Eric and Jeremy :hearts:, Ray and Yolanda :hearts:.

Overall :luvya:

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, 05:12:33 PM »
Wow, I don't know if I could disagree more. For me, the cast is the most important part of the show, and with the cast of Season9's latter half, I don't think there's a worse season. There's not anyone in the final 5 that I liked, the final 3 was the worst 3 out of those 5, and the worst team of the season ended up winning. Fantastic!

Online ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2012, 08:16:02 PM »
Wow, I don't know if I could disagree more. For me, the cast is the most important part of the show, and with the cast of Season9's latter half, I don't think there's a worse season. There's not anyone in the final 5 that I liked, the final 3 was the worst 3 out of those 5, and the worst team of the season ended up winning. Fantastic!

Wow! The final 5 of season 9 IS my favorite final 5 ever. Funny how season opinions are radically different for various fans. Though that is the beauty of it :lol:

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2012, 08:57:19 PM »
Season 9 probably had some of the most well-developed teams to date. The style of editing they used throughout brought that feeling that you actually knew the teams, which I definitely don't feel like with seasons 15+ especially.

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2012, 04:33:57 AM »
Snooky, you said it.

One of my favourite teams of all time (Ray & Yolanda) was on season nine. I've only watched up until the second Italy leg, and I love it. It rivals TAR17 for my favourite season of all time.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2012, 06:06:50 PM »
The thing about season 9 is that it featured the best performing team in terms of placement to date in TAR history (Jeremy and Eric). While other teams have come close, no other team has managed to do it (6 firsts, 6 seconds, 1 fourth).

-- theschnauzers

Offline TARismyfavoriteshow

• RFF Jr. Member
  • You can call me Sam
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2012, 06:19:42 PM »
LOVE season 9. It will always be my favorite. It was the funniest season I can remember.
I think it's time for another re-watch.