Author Topic: TAR 21: Jaymes Vaughan & James Davis "Chippendales Dancers/Best Friends"  (Read 219632 times)

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
Re: TAR 21: Jaymes Vaughan & James Davis "Chippendales Dancers/Best Friends"
« Reply #125 on: December 06, 2012, 08:47:50 AM »
Jaymes, James and two other Chippendale dancers were on set at Ricki Lake Show yesterday to spread some holiday cheers. Still don't know when that episode will air. Here's a picture of Jaymes with Ricki with a dancer behind them.

Offline Zenbridge

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #126 on: December 06, 2012, 02:07:59 PM »
That picture by the five year-old is adorable. My five year-old son loves them, too! To the point that one night, he had looked away and thought they were behind. He broke into tears. He says they look like nice, handsome men and that they should win the whole thing. I agree, lol. We're on vacation for the finale, so I sure am hoping I can get to a tv.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #127 on: December 07, 2012, 12:54:46 AM »
Jaymes and James love getting fan mail. Jaymes posted another picture of fan mail from kids. They love kids and really love hearing from people. Jaymes posted the address if anybody wants to send them anything. Here's the address:

Jaymes and James
Chippendales Theater/Rio Hotel
3700 West Flamingo Road
Las Vegas, NV 89103

« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 01:20:18 AM by RealityFreakWill »

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #128 on: December 07, 2012, 02:29:16 AM »

A really nice video talks from Jaymes and James  :cmas16

VIDEO: Talking ‘The Amazing Race’ With Jaymes and James

November 30, 2012

Jaymes Vaughan and James Davis, teammates on ‘The Amazing Race,’ are also Chippendale dancers in Las Vegas. The pair talks about why they had a personal reason for doing the show.

Link to watch the video:  (I can't embeded them as they're not a youtube hosted video :( )

http://grab-media.com/premium-videos/5039988

TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #129 on: December 07, 2012, 01:15:58 PM »
Jaymes and James are doing a kiss-a-thon to raise money for Jaymes' father with his fight of cancer.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #130 on: December 07, 2012, 09:49:10 PM »
Jaymes and James' SEASON FINALE viewing party and fundraising event this Sunday:

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #131 on: December 08, 2012, 11:48:49 AM »
Love this picture:

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #132 on: December 09, 2012, 12:53:42 PM »
HA HA I love it. I am really going to miss watching these boys on my TV after tonight!

« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 01:00:01 PM by RealityFreakWill »

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #133 on: December 09, 2012, 09:47:06 PM »
Congratulations to Jaymes and James on their 2nd place finish! So proud of these boys!

SILVER MEDAL BABY!

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #134 on: December 09, 2012, 10:18:06 PM »
Jaymes asking for help for his father.....love the picture!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #135 on: December 09, 2012, 11:27:20 PM »
Actually, I thought it was blatantly obvious that they didn't win with all their fighting cancer campaigns for Jaymes's dad. It was like common sense and I did not dare to voice my concerns for fear that their many many fans will flame me for being negative and saying that their favourite team will not win.

I mean, if you win a million dollars already, would you be asking for me? :cmas31:

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #136 on: December 09, 2012, 11:58:16 PM »
TEAM #2 BABY!

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #137 on: December 10, 2012, 06:21:04 AM »
Good game, guys! :hearts: One of the only few M/M I loved and adored! See you at the next all stars! :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #138 on: December 10, 2012, 06:24:24 AM »
Another All Star lock :D
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #139 on: December 10, 2012, 06:29:57 AM »
Unless they (for some reason) don't want to race again. :P

Please come back!

Offline wildo

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #140 on: December 10, 2012, 07:00:24 AM »
my fave contestant since gary & mallory

so sad, i don't even want to watch the finale :(

Offline Genius

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #141 on: December 10, 2012, 11:07:00 AM »
Oh man, my fave team came in 2nd again.  :cmas4

I find it really fitting that they struggled to find the clue on the boardwalk in both Shanghai and New York.  :cmaslol

I guess this means that they have unfinished business now!

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #142 on: December 10, 2012, 05:11:22 PM »
Jaymes and James' NOH8 picture has been released. PERFECTION!

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #143 on: December 10, 2012, 11:02:15 PM »
<--------- How you all like my new avatar?

Jaymes and James have been up since the wee hours doing press all day and pushing the word out of the fundraising to help Jaymes' Dad and then are working tonight. They have to be so tired. Jaymes is overwhelmed with the outpouring support from people and money are coming in. In fact just a bit ago while Jaymes were on stage, someone from the audience walked up to him and handed him a check. Their finale viewing party and fundraising event last night was a huge SUCCESS!

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #144 on: December 10, 2012, 11:35:39 PM »
I meant to mention in my previous tweet that Jaymes said that one of the many reasons he and James did the Amazing Race, obviously to win the million dollar prize for Jaymes' Dad is that one of his Dad's prescriptions cost $2,500! That is outrageous!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 09:06:02 AM by RealityFreakWill »

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #145 on: December 11, 2012, 01:15:29 AM »
Actually, I thought it was blatantly obvious that they didn't win with all their fighting cancer campaigns for Jaymes's dad. It was like common sense and I did not dare to voice my concerns for fear that their many many fans will flame me for being negative and saying that their favourite team will not win.

I mean, if you win a million dollars already, would you be asking for me? :cmas31:

I had figured that out when CBS had them flying around during NEL weeks doing press in L.A., but TPTB were right that this team would prove to be among the most popular I've seen in 11 years on the show.

But to be fair, they still almost won the million; I'm curious to see if anyone found out how close the teams were in arriving at the finish mat.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #146 on: December 11, 2012, 01:53:00 AM »
Yea... I know, it was just that I thought CBS didn't actually think that people could question that the fact that they were actually still raising funds for cancer means they didn't win. Maybe it was the fact that I think too much.

Anyway, I know that they are doing their best to raise money for Jaymes's dad's cancer funds.. but I don't like the fact that they are milking their new found fame for help... but then, who wouldn't? So let's hope they raise even more money than a million dollars so that their fans can get over the fact they didn't win. :/

Offline imi339

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #147 on: December 11, 2012, 03:44:14 PM »
At the beginning I didn't like them, but they were so good during the race, they became one of my faves in this season! :D

Offline bc922

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #148 on: December 11, 2012, 10:26:41 PM »
http://www.tvguide.com/News/Amazing-Race-Jaymes-James-Chippendales-1057618.aspx

Amazing Race's Jaymes and James: We Had a Lot of Taxi Trouble

Dec 11, 2012 02:36 PM ET
by Joyce Eng

Don't tell Jaymes and James they lost The Amazing Race yet. "Somebody did actually tweet that we won, so I retweeted it! I was like, "'Yeah!'" Jaymes tells TVGuide.com. "Spreading false information! [We'll] hashtag 'sorry, Josh and Brent'! We're proud of what we got. We got a silver medal in The Amazing Race. That's freakin' awesome. What an accomplishment for two guys who couldn't even find the abacus lady in the first leg to make it to the final leg in the Race." Despite falling behind early on the final leg, the fan-favorite Chippendales made up time at the final Roadblock, but it wasn't enough to overtake the Beekmans. Find out how close they were.

What was going through your head when you saw that you were second? You looked so devastated afterward.
Jaymes: We had two goals. Goal No. 1 was to win this money for our families, to take care of James' mom and to take care of my dad. Goal No. 2 was to get through the entire Race and to have a great time doing it. We accomplished the selfish goal of completing the last leg and we had hope we could win until we saw them. We're OK with second, but when you go on the Race with a goal like we had, it sucks to let your family down. ... That was the first time on the whole Race I was actually speechless. James had my back there. I was devastated. The cameras shut off and I didn't know I could cry like that. I just had to go to the corner and have a second after it was over because I really thought we were going to win. We really felt like we had something extra to make it happen.
James: You're grateful for the experience, but you also want to bring something back to the people who helped you out. While it was exhilarating to make it to the final three and come in second place, it was disappointing to not be able to help our families the way we originally intended and set out to do.

How far behind were you?
James: It was mere minutes. I don't know how it looked on TV, but it was mere minutes. The last challenge was really tough. Everyone struggled with it.
Jaymes: We had a lot of taxi trouble that you didn't really see. ... Our biggest challenge then was finding Gotham Hall. We thought it was something Batman was at! [Laughs] Finally, a police department helped us. ... We got to that last challenge pretty far behind. Because everyone struggled, I don't think many people realized how fast James did that. We didn't know the "hellos" and "goodbyes," but we did learn "please" and "thank you" because that's what you should learn to be polite. We had a good knowledge of what the languages were.
James: I could kind of sound it out for certain countries where I knew the flag and I felt pretty confident. I felt like I was able to make up some ground as far as the time we lost from being behind after the boardwalk. Unfortunately, it wasn't quite fast enough to close the gap and pass Josh and Brent.

Do you think the time you wasted at the boardwalk did you in?
Jaymes: No. I think it was our taxi trouble, to be honest. We had amazing taxis the entire Race and it finally caught up to us. I would love to do a Race where there were no taxis. Whenever we had to drive, we were first or second. ... It's nothing against these taxi drivers. They can't possibly know every location in every city. No one's the Yellow Pages. It's just unfortunate our bad taxi luck kicked in trying to find Lombardi's, trying to find Gotham Hall. I don't even know when we got lost because we don't know our way around the city! We saw the sights, so that was nice! [Laughs] We circled Lombardi's about 16 times before we got there. Then our taxi driver just took off and left us in the dust.

How long did it take for you to see the sign at Coney Island?
James: We had tunnel vision at that stage. It was the last leg and we were absolutely certain it was going to be some crazy ride. We just completely missed it. But even at that point, we weren't that far behind. They discovered it a little quicker, but it wasn't fatal. But then our taxi left us! All those little setbacks add up until you have a bigger time deficit than you started with.

Do you have poor observational skills? You missed the abacus lady during the first leg and now this.
Jaymes: [Laughs] We even said that this was the doggone abacus lady in New York City. Here she is and we can't find her again. But on the first leg, it took us from the front to the back. We really were not that far behind after the New York abacus lady.

How strong was the alliance between you, Natalie and Nadiya, and Trey and Lexi?
Jaymes: The alliance may have looked intense, but it was just working with people that you've clicked with and spent time with. I think what people forget when they watch is that we Racers don't see everyone or everything. You do at home because the show is edited to show everything and everyone. We enjoyed Trey and Lexi's and the twins' company. We hadn't met the Beekmans really. We had been separated from them and when we spent time with them in Spain and France, we were like, "Oh, we like you guys too! Let's race around France together!" I think had we met Josh and Brent earlier, we would've had a great time with them and we probably would've had an alliance of four. And we're so happy they won. But it's weird how you could be running the Race and not get to know anyone for days. We didn't even get to talk to James and Abba until Russia.

Abbie and Ryan said you guys had an alliance early on and that's why they were so upset with you U-Turning them. Did you?
Jaymes: We didn't want to do that to anyone. We met a lot of amazing people on the Race.

How's your dad doing?
Jaymes: My dad's a fighter. You tell him that he has incurable cancer and he's going to say, "Hey, I'm going to show you that it actually is curable." He's in a huge treatment plan of chemo and radiation. We started a website to help with all the expenses that come with it, www.forgetcancernow.com. If every Amazing Race fan donated $1, we could take care of everything. People don't realize the value of $1. It's been amazing just seeing the support from people. My dad's prescriptions are $2,500 per prescription. I want to call my parents and say, "Hey, this is paid for." James and I believe that your parents take care of you when you're a kid and then you take care of them when you're an adult. We were given this platform for a reason. I firmly believe that we were put on a national television show at this time, even though we did not win, to still raise the money to take care of my dad.

Are the cars a nice consolation?
James: Do we actually get cars or do they just say that? [Laughs]
Jaymes: I can't wait to see James give his mom the car. That was his goal: I can't wait to get my mom a car with the $1 million. We were neck-and-neck with Trey and Lexi, and we just happened to get there before them and I think it was because James' mom was supposed to get this car. I'm giving my parents my car and they're gonna sell it to pay for my dad's medical expenses. The trips are nice, but the cars can help our parents. It was definitely the best leg for us to win besides the final leg.

Offline bc922

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #149 on: December 11, 2012, 10:37:28 PM »
http://www.realitywanted.com/newsitem/6004-the-amazing-race-21-exclusive-interview-with-jaymes-vaughan-and-james-davis#.UMgKzIUU7Vo

The Amazing Race 21: Exclusive Interview with Jaymes Vaughan and James Davis

Posted on 12/11/2012
by Gina Scarpa

The Amazing Race, for Chippendales dancers Jaymes and James, was almost over before the first leg even ended. They barely escaped elimination in China, then went on to become both frontrunners and fan favorites. Competitive and charismatic, they proved that nice guys can finish... well, second. We caught up with the pair to talk about their Amazing Race finish on Sunday night's finale, and their experiences along the way.

Q. Gina, RealityWanted: How did it come to be that you were part of The Amazing Race this season?
A. Jaymes: The power of Facebook, seriously! They had the idea to have a Chippendales on the show and they found me on Facebook because I guess they had read some articles talking about me. They asked if I was interested and I thought they were joking. I made them call me from their CBS phone. I said if "I'm doing this, I only have one choice. I'm not doing this with anybody else." I wanted somebody who had the same philosophy as me, that could have a good time no matter what.
A. James: We weren't sure how we were going to be received. We were nervous about diving in.
A. Jaymes: We wanted to maintain that we're not the stereotype. So we weren't going to do it but then my dad was diagnosed with cancer and we didn't know what to do. How were they going to pay for everything? There was a chance for a million dollars right in front of us.

Q. Gina, RealityWanted: You almost went home during the first leg! How worried were you, in China, that your journey was going to be over before it really even began?
A. Jaymes: How worried were we?! Oh my gosh! We were looking for that woman with the abacus. We weren't thinking to look for a lady, with a child, with an abacus on her lap. Lo and behold, the first step towards becoming friends with Trey and Lexi was telling them where the pit stop was and they showed us where the woman with the abacus was. Thank god for them, we love them to death!

Q. Gina, RealityWanted: You were battling some injuries along the way, especially during that dancing challenge in Russia. How bad was it?
A. Jaymes: I wear a size 14 shoe, James wears a size 10 1/2. His foot was so swollen, I had to give him my shoe and it still didn't fit. He looked like he had a clown foot. It was ridiculous. I have no idea how we battled through that. I was so proud of him!

Q. Gina, RealityWanted: Why were you so interested in running the final leg with Trey and Lexi, and Natalie and Nadiya?
A. James: From day one, we wanted to race with fun people that were going to be competitive and not be negative. That's who we wanted to race for the million dollars with. For the most part, it worked out pretty well. Ultimately, it's still a race and you still have to get your team to the final leg and complete those challenges as fast as you can.
A. Jaymes: I know the twins don't come across well... that's just a small portion. A lot of what they said was in jest, and in response to someone else. They were hilarious. They're our Amazing Race family. Their energy was infectious. Trey and Lexi, just their goodwill, was infectious. We thought, "Why not have a good time with these people?"

Q. Gina, RealityWanted: Going into that last leg, you were in first, you had won the cars... how confident were you feeling?
A. Jaymes: James' first goal was to win a car for his mom and to achieve that, you feel like your'e at the top of the world. When you're in first place, going into the final leg...
A. James: You're riding an all-time high! All the momentum was in our favor. We were at the home stretch and we were like, "Let's take this million home."

Q. Gina, RealityWanted: You guys had one of the best attitudes of any team I've seen over the years and that's won you a lot of fans. What's that support and feedback been like for you?
A. Jaymes: Listen, the most amazing thing, I think, is that we get so many kids sending us fan mail, parents sending us Tweets thanking us for showing that you can be polite, and you never know who's watching. I have nieces and nephews who watch. You can still be successful by being nice. We played fair, we played honest, and that's a great feeling to leave with and a great example to set for the next generation of people.
A. James: I never imagined myself as a role model but it's cool to see these people looking up to us. It feels really good to have someone younger saying, "I watched the show because of you and I look up to you."