Author Topic: TAR 21: Abbie Ginsberg & Ryan Danz "Dating Divorcees"  (Read 56951 times)

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 21: Abbie Ginsberg & Ryan Danz "Dating Divorcees"
« Reply #75 on: December 02, 2012, 03:43:26 PM »
I was just looking through Ryan's Twitter... and these tweets seem suspicious to me:

Ryan Danz ‏@RyanDanz
if the 2 gay guys on #amazingrace dont win, my experience was incomplete. CLARIFICATION: If the 2 gay GOAT FARMER guys.. just to clarify.

Ryan Danz ‏@RyanDanz
@RealityRecaps @AbbieGinsberg yah i know, u did gud. i cant wait 2 see how this plays out. im saying my prayers every nite 4 a beekman WIN

-

He would know the results already.. right? I guess he's just following the 'rules' and just playing along in not spoiling the season's winner. I really hope Goat Farmers don't win  :gaah:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #76 on: December 02, 2012, 05:50:16 PM »
They are very good friends, nice to see friendships form along the way.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #77 on: December 04, 2012, 12:56:53 PM »
I was just looking through Ryan's Twitter... and these tweets seem suspicious to me:

Ryan Danz ‏@RyanDanz
if the 2 gay guys on #amazingrace dont win, my experience was incomplete. CLARIFICATION: If the 2 gay GOAT FARMER guys.. just to clarify.

Ryan Danz ‏@RyanDanz
@RealityRecaps @AbbieGinsberg yah i know, u did gud. i cant wait 2 see how this plays out. im saying my prayers every nite 4 a beekman WIN

-

He would know the results already.. right? I guess he's just following the 'rules' and just playing along in not spoiling the season's winner. I really hope Goat Farmers don't win  :gaah:

That is kind of funny... :lol:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #78 on: December 07, 2012, 01:26:44 AM »

Amazing Race Contestant Ryan Danz from Gracie Barra Encinitas

DECEMBER 4, 2012

Ryan Danz talks about his Jiu-Jitsu Background and the Amazing Race!

The Amazing Race is one of the top grossing international reality game shows in the history of television. For those who have yet to see the show, the mechanics are quite simple: get to the finish line first. Lagging behind could mean an elimination. Sounds easy, right? Not so. The competitors are put on different sets of challenges which can involve doing almost anything!

One of the favored contestants in the Amazing race is the Tandem of Ryan Danz and Abbie Ginsberg. Ryan Danz is a member of Gracie Barra Encinitas. He shares his thoughts about the contest and the race.

Ryan says there was no better preparation for the Amazing Race than his competition training in Jiu-Jitsu. “When I’m next up at a Jiu-Jitsu tournament, my adrenaline starts to run and at that time, I have to check myself. So, I take that step back. I always step back. Coach Franklin told me to always take the first move to help with my nerves. As a white belt, I relied on my strength and power. As a blue belt I learned to use more technique. In The Amazing Race, I had to figure out how to use both. I identified with the tensing up part. I had to calm down and trust my instincts like I do in Jiu-Jitsu. So, I would physically step back and then step forward before challenges, like I do before Jiu-Jitsu matches. At my very first match at the Nationals, my plan was to shoot a double leg, but my opponent pulled guard and closed it. He threw me off my game plan, but I learned to calm down. Just because you have a game plan doesn’t mean it’s going to work. You can’t get locked into doing things one way.

He adds, “You have to keep an open mind. During the race, I had the pressure of $2 million at stake, people watching me on TV, and letting down teammates and others relying on me. It added a lot of pressure. Just like in Jiu-Jitsu, there are people watching you, people reporting on you, and you don’t want to let your teammates or school down. It was just a good comparison for me. I often thought of Professor Nelson and how everyone respects and loves him because of his respectful nature. I just wanted to make sure that I treated everyone during the Race the way he does: he is a sweetheart of a man, but he is a strong, respected and respectful man. I think I was able to do that.

When we asked him how contests such as these require mental and physical fitness, he explains, “There’s no other way to compete on a race like this without these two things. But in addition, one must have a high emotional quotient as well. I think I was able to be successful on this race at the age of 35 as opposed to 25 yrs old because I have developed tremendously from a character standpoint over the past few years.  There are so many instances when frustration and fatigue and setbacks beyond your control play a part in the Race and if you’re not equipped emotionally to handle that turbulence, you will not succeed.  Of course when I was preparing for the race I was spending most of my time on the physical and mental components, whether it was rock climbing, kayaking, pilates, yoga, cross fit, or crossword puzzles, sudoku and other brain games.  I was fiercely competitive with myself about being as prepared as possible."

On Jiu-Jitsu, and being a devout follower of the art, Ryan is nothing but thankful about Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.

“Jiu-Jitsu saved my soul because I started it at a time when I was losing my best friend and wife and I needed it to fulfill me,” :(  :cmas7  he says, “It changed my life. Then Abbie came into my life, along with the Amazing Race, and my life changed again.  :xmas110

The Amazing Race was more than just a pursuit for money. It was a major life changing moment. The same with Jiu-Jitsu. I want people to know that Jiu-Jitsu is more than just a sport to me. It’s a part of my soul. It’s almost my religion.”

http://graciebarra.com/2012/12/amazing-race-contestant-ryan-danz-from-gracie-barra-encinitas/

TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #79 on: December 07, 2012, 02:25:09 AM »

I was wanting to see Ryan's journal about the race that posted by :

Ryan's got a blog that it looks like he'll be updating regularly along the way.

His first post offers the first leg from his point of view. Take a look: http://ryandanz.com/shanghai-china/

and

http://ryandanz.com/surabaya-indonesia/

This is Ryan's second post showing a leg from his own point of view. This one was so descriptive... :hearts:

but when I visited his blog, it was all gone... try to find them in the archive and found nothing... wonder where the posts gone..  :cmas5

However, I do find a post about the preparation (which I'm not sure if we had it already on the Live Sighting or Speculation thread..)
because it was posted on SEPTEMBER 25, 2012

Training for The Race

We had one month to train for the Race from the time we were told we were selected to when we would leave for Los Angeles (orientation, meetings, bag checks, etc).  That meant trying everything and anything we could to get familiar with various tasks and each other. Unlike other teams that would have years, if not lifetime relationships, we had only known each other and dated for slightly over a year.

We decided that every day we would train at least 30 minutes with our packs including weight.  That meant at the gym on the treadmill or stair climber, or outside on the stairs, or on the beach.  Some days we did interval runs and others was just traditional hiking.  But in either case we got used to the weight, to the fit and to the fatigue of a weighted down backpack.

Other activities that we did just one time (just for familiarity and in the event they could show up on the race) were kayaking, rock climbing, and rappelling.

Some activities we did repeatedly to get in better physical shape and learn the proper technique, swimming, cycling, pilates and plyometric cross training.

And then there were the things we did in mental preparation – learning how to tie knots, map reading, compass reading, mental games, puzzles and brain teasers. Oh, and we watched every single episode of seasons 12-20:cmas12 Then we re-watched 20 again.  We had a feeling that because of the success of season 20, our season might have similarities.

Finally, Abbie never had learned how to drive a stick shift. So for a few hours every week we borrowed her sister’s boyfriend’s car, a 1990 Toyota Camry, and she practiced on side streets and highways. 

This was by far the bane of our relationship for the better part of 4 weeks.  Every fight or argument we had seemed to revolve around stop-starts and the concept of down shifting.  This may have been our greatest preparation for the race – not the actual mastering of the stick shift, but how we learned to manage emotions, feelings and the right and wrong ways to argue and discuss.

http://ryandanz.com/category/the-amazing-race/

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #80 on: December 07, 2012, 10:59:02 AM »
I'm pretty sure CBS told Ryan he had to take those entries down until after the finale aired. How long after, I'm not sure about. While media interviews do take place for teams not yet eliminated, CBS will have someone there or on the line during those interviews to make sure contestants don't give away anything that hasn't been broadcast. None of this is new, it's been that way going back to season one.
-- theschnauzers

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #81 on: December 08, 2012, 01:26:45 AM »

Brandeis Marin alum competes in ‘Amazing Race’

Thursday, December 6, 2012
by sue barnett, j. staff

Ryan Danz is not the first Jewish contestant to compete on the TV reality show “The Amazing Race,” but he’s definitely the only one to have come out of Brandeis Hillel Day School in San Rafael.

“Jew through and through from circ. to bar mit,” he tweeted to a fan. “I know I’m not the first — but I’m the Jewiest.”

Danz, 35, competed in the current season of the Emmy-winning CBS show, which sends 11 teams of two in a race around the world for a $1 million prize. Danz and girlfriend Abbie Ginsberg ran a tight race and were favorites to win, but they were eliminated in the Nov. 25 episode. They made it through nine of the 12 legs, racing through China, Indonesia, Bangladesh, Turkey, Russia and the Netherlands, and overcoming challenges that included eating frog fallopian tubes and riding motorcycles next to racing bulls.

Ryan Danz

Danz grew up in Sausalito and attended Brandeis from kindergarten to sixth grade in the 1980s. He had his bar mitzvah in Seattle, where he has a large extended family (his mother still lives in Sausalito). “I’m definitely culturally Jewish,” he said in an interview last week. “I’m loud and proud about it.”
Though “The Amazing Race” has not traveled to Israel in any of its 21 seasons — the country has its own version of the program, “HaMerotz LaMillion” — Danz has been to the Jewish state, on a confirmation youth trip when he was 16. “I loved Israel, climbing Masada at sunrise, going to Haifa to visit family. It was awesome,” he said.

Danz, who has his own financial services company and in his free time competes in the Brazilian martial art jiu-jitsu, returned to his home in Encinitas (San Diego County) in mid-June after “The Amazing Race” ended filming. He has been reliving his experience while watching the show each week along with 10 million other viewers. The finale is on Sunday, Dec. 9, and earlier episodes can be viewed on the CBS website.

As a result of his recent fame, Danz said he has reconnected on Facebook with nearly all of his Brandeis classmates. Was there anything about his Jewish education that might have led him to compete on reality TV? (He also did one season on “The Apprentice: Martha Stewart” in 2005.)

“I do know I dominated the SF/Marin Brandeis Olympics in the 6th grade,” Danz joked in an email. “Didn’t hurt that I was only 1 of 2 boys in my class however.”

http://www.jweekly.com/article/full/67185/brandeis-marin-alum-competes-in-amazing-race

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #82 on: December 09, 2012, 06:27:29 AM »

From abbie twitter :

@abbieginsberg
2.15 pm 12/9/2012 (melbourne time)

Self drive from LA to Shangai. The original "dream team" lol

Offline Genius

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #83 on: December 10, 2012, 11:08:13 AM »
Glad to see that they all get along now.

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #84 on: December 10, 2012, 02:29:52 PM »

Ryan Danz ‏@RyanDanz

Ryan Danz ‏@RyanDanz

-

My "theory" was right  :cmaslol I knew Ryan was hinting it

I never wanted Beekman's to win until I saw the finale, I don't know.. random last-minute change of heart  :cmaslol

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #85 on: December 10, 2012, 02:42:29 PM »
Jews <333333333333333
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #86 on: December 11, 2012, 01:35:32 PM »
Abbie Ginsberg
Hi Bruno-
Thank you so much for friend requesting me! I really appreciate all of the fan support  I am trying to keep my private page for my friends and family. I do have a Public Page however! I have tons of photos from the Race, training for the Race, articles, and some recent NYC photos from the finale posted. I hope you enjoy that stuff. Thanks for your understanding in trying to keep my private page "private". Happy Holidays! Abbie

HA! She send me this on Facebook. I have to say , very sweet way to say those words!  :cmaslol :cmaslol I liked actually.  :cmaslol
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline imi339

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #87 on: December 11, 2012, 03:51:10 PM »

From abbie twitter :

"Crazy eyes" again!
God, I really hated them. They were like the Rob & Amber of the season for me. I literally didn't like a thing in them...

Online ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #88 on: December 11, 2012, 07:17:57 PM »
This team, besides Ryan's whole "beat Davechels record" :cmas30:, I really liked them. There final legs really showed the nice in them. I also loved it when Abbie pretended to shoot herself when one of th twinnies was talking non-stop, since I always pretend to shoot myself at least twice a week :cmaslol.

Offline BuuYaa

• RFF Full Member
  • TAR 22 <3; TAR 23 must be better
« Reply #89 on: December 16, 2012, 11:01:38 AM »

From abbie twitter :

"Crazy eyes" again!
God, I really hated them. They were like the Rob & Amber of the season for me. I literally didn't like a thing in them...

LOL I have to agree

at first, I am a little disappointed at them for cutting in front of Amy&Daniel. But like you know what, It's actually no big deal. Amy&Daniel are still running. It's not like they actually won a "real" thing. If they end up losing the whole race, that's just  :cmas5
But they did appear strong though, so I started to like'em since I really like Dave&Rachel. Their resemblence is actually very similar.

Then in Turkey, when Trey&Lexi finished first at the detour and Natalie&Nadiya said something like "We're glad it was Texas finished first and not Abby&Ryan" right in front of their face, that was like  :cmas18 ... If I was at Abby or Ryan's position at that time, I think I would back flip or something...

the moment I started to dislike them was actually when they walked pass Trey&Lexi without saying a word. If Abby didn't make that crazy eyes, I would've just thought "oh, maybe they just didn't notice Trey&Lexi was behind'em probably."
I mean would it kill them to just say "hey guys!" or "what's up guys?", heck even more, just lose the "guys" for crying out loud. What Lexi said was golden "There's difference between being competitive and being rude" And I bet there were actually something more happened than just what they showed us on TV

In the finish line, how he just stood there when James&Jaymes and Trey&Lexi finished then Ryan just stood there like "whatever I don't care." That's just  :cmas15 like seriously you're 35 and that's how you act. Ok then!
And in their post-race interview, you can read like literally how Ryan is still so bitter about being U-Turned by making fun Jaymes or the Chippendales work on twitter.  :cmas5

I never did an "Amazing Race" but is it actually that hurtful and disappointing when you got U-Turned? Amanda&Kris were U-Turned, TWICE!, and they actually still showed a lot of class in all of their interviews. They were never even bitter about it. I don't know maybe it is that "HURTFUL" though and Amanda&Kris were just though people.

You can play like whatever you want, you can backstab, you can lie, I'll never hate you for that cause It's a million dollars at stake.
But lack of attitude in life, I am sorry but I am not gonna be able to not dislike you.

Please Bring'em back:
=======================================
MM: Jaymes&James; Mark&Bopper
FF: Caroline&Jennifer; Pam&Winnie; Natalie&Nadiya;
MF: Joey&Meghan;
Couple : Max&Katie; Abby&Ryan; Brendon&Rachel; Amani&Marcus;
Elder Couple : Chuck&Wynona; Bill&Cathi;
======================================

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #90 on: December 16, 2012, 01:47:16 PM »
The reason Ryan was so upset is because they'd gotten really close to Jaymes & James at that point. Had it been literally any other team they would have been fine with it.

Offline Mug Costanza

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #91 on: December 16, 2012, 02:07:16 PM »
the moment I started to dislike them was actually when they walked pass Trey&Lexi without saying a word. If Abby didn't make that crazy eyes, I would've just thought "oh, maybe they just didn't notice Trey&Lexi was behind'em probably."
I mean would it kill them to just say "hey guys!" or "what's up guys?", heck even more, just lose the "guys" for crying out loud. What Lexi said was golden "There's difference between being competitive and being rude" And I bet there were actually something more happened than just what they showed us on TV

I disagree. If you know for a fact that N&N and T&L don't like you (after they pretty much said it to their face), why would you go out of your way to be nice to them when you know they won't reciprocate? :duno:
"I defy you to come up with a better name than Seven!"
"Alright... how 'bout Mug? Mug Costanza!"

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #92 on: December 16, 2012, 02:35:53 PM »
I actually was indifferent at the start and grew to like them, despite the feud between them and my preshow favorites :lol:

Offline BuuYaa

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #93 on: December 16, 2012, 09:05:59 PM »
The reason Ryan was so upset is because they'd gotten really close to Jaymes & James at that point. Had it been literally any other team they would have been fine with it.
Yeah so? Like they said, "IT'S 2 MILLION DOLLARS  :cmas4 :cmas4 :cmas4" They would have done the same thing ... They were gonna U-Turn Josh&Brent, for crying out loud, hadn't Trey&Lexi nullified the second U-Turn. And I bet they would screw Josh&Brent had they got U-Turned just like they did Amy&Daniel. But that's the game though I can't really blame them.  I mean Thank God! Brent actually realized that and left them at their detour.

Amanda&Kris were U-Turned by their friends but they were never actually bitter about it. They even stated that's the part of the game and it made good TV. That's some attitude  :cmas16

I disagree. If you know for a fact that N&N and T&L don't like you (after they pretty much said it to their face), why would you go out of your way to be nice to them when you know they won't reciprocate? :duno:

I don't think TL actually said that to their face. Maybe NN but TL, I don't think they're that kind of people.
And I am sorry, but even people don't like you, you don't have to be rude to them if you know you're a bigger person than they all are. Like I said if she didn't make her "crazy eyes", but she did and that only meant they're being rude on purpose.

If they're in the middle of a detour or RB that's fine. But they're just in the airport, walking around.

« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 09:12:31 PM by BuuYaa »
Please Bring'em back:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #94 on: December 18, 2012, 08:32:29 AM »
BuuYaa, if you don't agree with others, bring out a strong argument. Don't keep using Amanda and Kris as your argument. We are in TAR 21. Amanda and Kris didn't get pass the F8. Amanda and Kris were boring and we didn't get much to see from them to know if they were bitter or not.

The posters have explained that Abbie and Ryan were bitter because Jaymes and James were their friends. They thought they were. In any case, does it matter? There are all BFFs now. :cmaslol

We didn't see Margie and Luke and Amanda and Kris forging a friendship in any way. So there is nothing to compare about between these two teams.

This post is not meant to be offensive in anyway. I was trying to be as logical as possible. So if any moderators deem this as rude/obnoxious, please edit it as you like.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 08:53:06 AM by Joab »

Offline BuuYaa

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #95 on: December 19, 2012, 09:27:05 PM »
BuuYaa, if you don't agree with others, bring out a strong argument. Don't keep using Amanda and Kris as your argument. We are in TAR 21. Amanda and Kris didn't get pass the F8. Amanda and Kris were boring and we didn't get much to see from them to know if they were bitter or not.

The posters have explained that Abbie and Ryan were bitter because Jaymes and James were their friends. They thought they were. In any case, does it matter? There are all BFFs now. :cmaslol

We didn't see Margie and Luke and Amanda and Kris forging a friendship in any way. So there is nothing to compare about between these two teams.

This post is not meant to be offensive in anyway. I was trying to be as logical as possible. So if any moderators deem this as rude/obnoxious, please edit it as you like.

Oh so you're the one who reported me to the moderator. 
OMG you ARE  sensitive  :cmas17
I am sorry ... if you think I am being rude to you because I was totally not..  :cmas50

About the bitter thing, yeah sure they thought JJ were their friends. But was that an excuse? It was just like what they always said, "bla bla bla ..2 MILLION DOLLARS  :cmas4 :cmas4 :cmas4". A lot of money at stake. They knew it, JJ knew it. You gotta do what you gotta do to get to the money closer
They were in front of the pack, a huge threat, and as soon as they fell behind, they got U-Turned by their "friends" and being bitter about it for the rest of their life? Honestly like seriously?  :cmaslol

But we probably will never come to an agreement cause you just LOVE Abbie and Ryan.  :cmas50
I can see why people like them for being a strong team, but now I just can't, due to their lack of attitude, especially now that they're not even racing anymore.

And about Amanda&Kris, like I said above
They were in front of the pack, a huge threat, and as soon as they fell behind, they got U-Turned by their "friends" and being bitter about it for the rest of their life?

As a super fan I guess you didn't know much  :cmas22 (or you're not a super fan, I don't know  :cmas30:. something I would expect you to say)
You can check some sites. (but I bet you won't because you will probably say things like "I don't care" or "Why would I do things an idiot told me to I am a very logical person")   :cmas31:
Maybe they still have Amanda&Kris's post race interview. Some of them clearly said they got along very well with all the racers. Yes, they were bitter at first when they found out Margie&Luke U-turned them. But that was only during short period in sequester. After that,after the whole race was over, it was just happy time. They went to parties and stuffs. They re-watched the episodes together. They were happy with each other when they found out they were gonna be in Unfinished Business. No biggies!

I was just comparing Abbie&Ryan to Amanda&Kris because some of you here(not you, just in case you think I included you..but you probably don't  :cmas20 cause you're a very logical person :cmas16)  stated that Abbie&Ryan were just like Amanda&Kris. That I disagreed.
And I know this is TAR 21 but I am just curious about the bitterness after being U-Turned. Could it be lasted that long? That's why I kind a looked back to do some research. Maybe there's still another past teams that still bitter up until right now after getting U-Turned
Besides, whenever a U-turn stuffs came out, first team that popped out my head was Amanda&Kris since they got U-Turned twice.  Or I don't know maybe for you they're not that relevant for a comparison. Should I try another teams to be more logical, maybe the recent ones..
-Brandon&Rachel u-turned by Art&JJ
-Vanessa&Ralph u-turned by Brendon&Rachel
-Bill&Cathi u-turned by Ernie&Cindy
-Lawrence&Zac u-turned by Bill&Cathi
-Jet&Cord u-turned by FlightTime&BigEasy
-FlightTime&BigEasy u-turned by Jaime&Cara
-Jaime&Cara u-turned by Kent&Vyxin
-Brook&Claire u-turned by Jill&Thomas
-Chad&Stephanie u-turned by Nat&Kat
there, those are the "happy teams" from the past 2 years.

None? I could just go on
-Brandy&Carol u-turned by Brent&Caite.. wait I think I should stop here.  :cmaslol I think this is relevant but I don't know maybe not logical  :cmas31: ..
-Joe&Heidi u-turned by Michael&Louie...

This post is not meant to be offensive in anyway. I was trying to be as logical and real as possible. So if any moderators deem this as rude/obnoxious, please edit it as you like.

« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 09:31:35 PM by BuuYaa »
Please Bring'em back:

Online ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #96 on: December 19, 2012, 09:38:05 PM »

OMG you ARE  sensitive  :cmas17
I am sorry ... if you think I am being rude to you because I was totally not..  :cmas50

About the bitter thing, yeah sure they thought JJ were their friends. But was that an excuse? It was just like what they always said, "bla bla bla ..2 MILLION DOLLARS  :cmas4 :cmas4 :cmas4". A lot of money at stake. They knew it, JJ knew it. You gotta do what you gotta do to get to the money closer
They were in front of the pack, a huge threat, and as soon as they fell behind, they got U-Turned by their "friends" and being bitter about it for the rest of their life? Honestly like seriously?  :cmaslol

But we probably will never come to an agreement cause you just LOVE Abbie and Ryan.  :cmas50
I can see why people like them for being a strong team, but now I just can't, due to their lack of attitude, especially now that they're not even racing anymore.

And about Amanda&Kris, like I said above
They were in front of the pack, a huge threat, and as soon as they fell behind, they got U-Turned by their "friends" and being bitter about it for the rest of their life?

As a super fan I guess you didn't know much  :cmas22 (or you're not a super fan, I don't know  :cmas30:. something I would expect you to say)
You can check some sites. (but I bet you won't because you will probably say things like "I don't care" or "Why would I do things an idiot told me to I am a very logical person")   :cmas31:
Maybe they still have Amanda&Kris's post race interview. Some of them clearly said they got along very well with all the racers. Yes, they were bitter at first when they found out Margie&Luke U-turned them. But that was only during short period in sequester. After that,after the whole race was over, it was just happy time. They went to parties and stuffs. They re-watched the episodes together. They were happy with each other when they found out they were gonna be in Unfinished Business. No biggies!

I was just comparing Abbie&Ryan to Amanda&Kris because some of you here(not you, just in case you think I included you..but you probably don't  :cmas20 cause you're a very logical person :cmas16)  stated that Abbie&Ryan were just like Amanda&Kris. That I disagreed.
And I know this is TAR 21 but I am just curious about the bitterness after being U-Turned. Could it be lasted that long? That's why I kind a looked back to do some research. Maybe there's still another past teams that still bitter up until right now after getting U-Turned
Besides, whenever a U-turn stuffs came out, first team that popped out my head was Amanda&Kris since they got U-Turned twice.  Or I don't know maybe for you they're not that relevant for a comparison. Should I try another teams to be more logical, maybe the recent ones..
-Brandon&Rachel u-turned by Art&JJ
-Vanessa&Ralph u-turned by Brendon&Rachel
-Bill&Cathi u-turned by Ernie&Cindy
-Lawrence&Zac u-turned by Bill&Cathi
-Jet&Cord u-turned by FlightTime&BigEasy
-FlightTime&BigEasy u-turned by Jaime&Cara
-Jaime&Cara u-turned by Kent&Vyxin
-Brook&Claire u-turned by Jill&Thomas
-Chad&Stephanie u-turned by Nat&Kat
there, those are the "happy teams" from the past 2 years.

None? I could just go on
-Brandy&Carol u-turned by Brent&Caite.. wait I think I should stop here.  :cmaslol I think this is relevant but I don't know maybe not logical  :cmas31: ..
-Joe&Heidi u-turned by Michael&Louie...

This post is not meant to be offensive in anyway. I was trying to be as logical and real as possible. So if any moderators deem this as rude/obnoxious, please edit it as you like.

:cmas30:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #97 on: December 19, 2012, 11:41:10 PM »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Let's try to make our points without getting personal with each other okay?

The discussion here is about ABBIE AND RYAN, let's go back to that please, and AWAY from addressing each other. All opinions are welcome...about Ryan and Abbie, NOT each other. The question of their bitterness is interesting and valid in view of some of their actions, so feel free to discuss that, but not to disrespect each other while doing so.

Thanks! :kisses

« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 11:47:09 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #98 on: December 20, 2012, 07:13:10 AM »
OMG you ARE  sensitive 
I am sorry ... if you think I am being rude to you because I was totally not..

I did not report you. That's the only thing I'm going to clarify. Thanks. :)

Anyway back to topic, one of the photos above showed how much weight Ryan lost for the show... :cmas20
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 07:17:15 AM by Joab »

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #99 on: July 19, 2013, 09:18:07 AM »
Ryan Danz went running with the bulls in Pamplona last week and has had a story about his experience published at

http://www.explorationtravelmagazine.com/running-with-the-bulls-with-ryan-danz-of-amazing-race/.

Apparently he tried to run with the bulls in 2002 but didn't run all the way to the bullring, so he wanted to try again. I won't go into detail about the story, but he did get up close and personal with one of the bulls and came away unscathed.

The story is fairly long, so I won't post it here. I do recommend it. It's a good read.