Author Topic: TAR 27: Tanner Kloven & Josh Ahern (Best Friends)  (Read 27439 times)

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
Re: TAR 27: Tanner Kloven & Josh Ahern (Best Friends)
« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2015, 01:17:20 AM »
These two would definitely get my vote to return. The fact that there's been very little movement among most of the teams this season as to their average leg placements makes me think that this season's leg planning was marred by a lot of linear legs with very little chance for teams to catch up ever over several legs. And that speed bump was the harshest one they've ever had, by far. Who knew they would make both team members perform a lengthy roadblock as a speed bumP.

Yeah, they earned the right to come back.
-- theschnauzers

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #51 on: November 30, 2015, 01:26:21 AM »
Actually, I think their downfall starts with them sightseeing Paris. It's hilarious.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #52 on: December 07, 2015, 04:29:21 PM »
FROM CBS.COM:
http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/photos/1005284/-teamtexas-reflect-on-their-adventures-during-the-amazing-race/

#TeamTexas Reflect On Their Adventures During The Amazing Race

Tanner and Josh (#TeamTexas) came up short on Episode 9 of The Amazing Race.

After traveling the globe, #TeamTexas (Tanner and Josh) came up short on Episode 9 of The Amazing Race and Phil Keoghan had to give them the disappointing news that their adventure was over.

While the pair isn't proceeding to the next leg of the journey, Tanner and Josh learned a lot through their travels, especially about their own friendship and what it takes to compete.

Read what these Texan best buds had to say about their experience on The Amazing Race.

1. What would you change to avoid your elimination?
Tanner:
There is one huge change and both of us knew it as soon as we did it—we would have kept the taxi that brought us from the airport to the pool. We regret not keeping that taxi.
Josh: I think most people would think we should have used the Express Pass later or not used it, but even if we had used it later #TheGreenTeam never would have gone home. In the grand scheme of things, it was probably a good thing that we did not U-Turn them.

2. How far behind were you from #TeamAlabama in the end?
Josh:
I am going to guess 30 minutes, if not more. We do not know the exact amount of time but I don't think we were neck-and-neck [with #TeamAlabama]. It had to have been 30 to 45 minutes, at least.

3. How do you feel about getting the hardest Speed Bump ever?
Tanner:
I feel absolutely betrayed! I don't feel like it is right. We were more bummed coming into that leg than any other leg because we knew we had some adversity to overcome. But, I feel it was wrong—I'm not going to sugar coat it.
Josh: It leaves a sour taste in our mouth. If it would have played out that we made a huge mistake or we did something wrong then it would have been easier to follow, but I feel that we were not given a fair shot like the other teams. A double Roadblock is nearly impossible to come back from.

4. Do you think that focusing on another team, instead of running your best Race, hurt you in the long run?
Josh:
No, people think that we were focused on someone else the entire time but that is not true. We were running our own Race but we had the Express Pass and we were trying to play the game smart. We were focused on our own Race but we were trying to play a smart game and capitalize on every resource that we had to make sure we stayed around.

5. What was your favorite place to visit?
Tanner:
Easily, without even having to think about it, Africa. You can dream about it and see it on TV but until you actually experience it, you cannot even fathom it. It was so beautiful and they take care of their land so well.
Josh: Africa, I agree. The experience we had there with the animals and the bungee jumping—it was absolutely surreal.

6. What's your best and worst memory from the race?
Tanner:
The bungee jump was so cool—best part of the Race and even my life. I'm terrified of heights. The worst was walking up to Phil and seeing that look in his face. We knew we were going home even though he hadn't said it.
Josh: My worst was watching Tanner during the Speed Bump/Roadblock and knowing there was nothing I could do to help. We were falling behind in time and watching him was just very difficult.

7. Which teams did you grow closest to while racing?
Josh:
We definitely grew closest to #TheCheerleaders and #TeamAlabama. We talk to them every single day and will be friends with them for a long time.

8. What did you learn about each other through this experience?
Josh:
I think I learned that Tanner is willing to do anything for me as a friend or teammate. He had a pretty rough Race that most people don’t realize (his leg, he got food poisoning in Africa). There were lots of times that we could have gone home. He is a great friend and great competitor.
Tanner: That is hard because I don’t think there is anything I learned that I didn't already know. I expected a lot out of him but he lived up to my expectations. It just proved what I already knew—how competitive and loyal he is.

9. Would you ever Race again?
Tanner:
All-Stars!
Josh: If you would put us on a plane today we would be there.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #54 on: November 15, 2016, 10:49:56 PM »
Tanner's been moved up the station's totem pole several times, to different time slots, and as of last week, he took over the prime afternoon rush hour time slot (3 to 7 pm local time) for the same Dallas radio station.
-- theschnauzers